OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 05:16:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 423908 times) Average Rating: 5
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2790 on: January 27, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »

I am actually curious myself if Peter played ball back in the day.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2791 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »

As for whether or not Jordan was the best ever, don't take my word for it; listen to those who actually coached him and played against him: (But I'm sure that some of you know more about basketball than Bob Knight, Dean Smith, Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird. Wink )
Gebre,

I'm quite capable of conducting my own research, deciding my own criteria of greatness, and rendering my own conclusions. Evidently, you are not, for you have bought hook, line, and sinker into the NBA's media campaign to crown Jordan the greatest of all time and to dismiss as blasphemous heretics all those who have the temerity to disagree. Please forgive me--actually, please don't forgive me, for I'm not sorry--for refusing to drink the Kool-Aid.

I notice also that, like the man whose feet you kiss so profusely, you just cannot stand to lose this argument. Why is Michael Jordan's honor so sacrosanct that you have to ram your arguments down our throats just to defend it?

As for whether or not Jordan was the best ever, don't take my word for it; listen to those who actually coached him and played against him: (But I'm sure that some of you know more about basketball than Bob Knight, Dean Smith, Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird. Wink )
The opinions of the "experts"... You do realize that these are just as much opinions as my opinion that Jordan is NOT the greatest player of all time? What makes them uniquely qualified to have opinions such that all others are not?

You have stated your opinion. Why must you also work so hard to destroy the opinions of those who disagree?

It's called a debate and a discussion Peter. I only responded to those who posted their dogmatic opinions that Jordan was not the greatest ever. Why do you take exception to me expressing my views and arguing my point? You make your case and I'll make mine.

Your asking what makes those who coached and played with and against Jordan uniquely qualified to opine is like asking what makes the apostles uniquely qualified to tell us about the Christian Faith.

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2792 on: January 27, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »

I am now through with this entire Jordan discussion. I have stated my case for why I think Jordan is the best ever. I obviously will not convince those who refuse to be convinced. This interesting debate was unfortunately soured by some negative and personal attacks, and I was guilty of that myself. I apologize to everyone for failing to maintain Christian character throughout this discussion. Pray for me, a sinner.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2793 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:36 PM »

Your asking what makes those who coached and played with and against Jordan uniquely qualified to opine is like asking what makes the apostles uniquely qualified to tell us about the Christian Faith.
Dude, if you think the basketball opinions of Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, et al. have the same level of authority as the dogmatic preaching of the Apostles Peter and Paul, then you really DO have a problem of perspective.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:25:23 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2794 on: January 27, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »

Yeah, I did. I was never any good at it, though my college intramural basketball team did win the school championship. I played out on the wing as a spot-up shooter just to open up space inside for our Big 3. They never trusted my shot enough, or else trusted their own abilities too much, to kick the ball out to me. We won the title, though, so I can't complain about my role. If what I needed to do to help my team win was get the hell out of the way and let the big boys do their thing, then I was more than happy to do that.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2795 on: January 27, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »

Dude, if you think the basketball opinions of Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, et al. have the same level of authority as the dogmatic preaching of the Apostles Peter and Paul, then you really DO have a problem of perspective.

It's just an analogy Peter.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2796 on: January 27, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »

Yeah, I did. I was never any good at it, though my college intramural basketball team did win the school championship. I played out on the wing as a spot-up shooter just to open up space inside for our Big 3. They never trusted my shot enough, or else trusted their own abilities too much, to kick the ball out to me. We won the title, though, so I can't complain about my role. If what I needed to do to help my team win was get the hell out of the way and let the big boys do their thing, then I was more than happy to do that.

That's cool. I bet that was a lot of fun. Being part of a winning team at any level is a great experience. Sounds like you contributed in the right way, and congrats!  Smiley

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #2797 on: January 27, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »

I can assure you that if you exhibited your petulant behavior on the basketball playground in my neighborhood, then you would have learned your lesson by now.
Pot, meet kettle.

No hypocrisy from me here Peter. You're the one who insults me publicly, rebukes me for calling someone a coward and then turns around and calls someone else a coward, and then blocks my PM's to you. That kind of cheap, childish behavior would not be tolerated where I come from. Maybe out in Oregon you can get away with that, but here in the hood you would've had your behind kicked a long time ago for acting like that (not that I would by any means condone it). So you know what you can do with your pot and kettle brother.  Wink

Selam

Go Gebre!

Forgive my sins.
christian7777
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2798 on: January 27, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »

When did these guys play? For instance, IIRC, Abdul-Jabbar didn't start playing in the NBA until the late 60s, about 10 years or so after Wilt made his debut.

Dierking played '58-'71; Kerr played '54-'66; Pettit '54-'64; Haywood played '70-'82; Roberson played '69-'76; Jackson played '64-'72; Hogue played '62-'64; Beaty played '62-'75; Chappell played '62-'71; Hayes played '68-'84; Reed played '58-'65; Imhoff played '60-'72; Bowman played '66-'71; Lee played '66-'76; Lacey played '70-'83; Ruffner played '70-'75; Cunningham played '68-'75; Riker played '72-'75; Ellis played '62-'76; Walk played '69-'77; Akin played '66-'68; Lanier played '70-'84; Moore played '68-'77; Johnson played '70-'74; Bellamy played '61-'75; Thurmond played '63-'77; McDaniels played '71-'78; Martin played '72-'76; Wesley played '66-'76; Dukes played '55-'63; Boerwinkle played '68-'78; Counts played '64-'76; Finkel played '66-'75; Smith played '71-'79; Abdul-Jabbar played '69-'89; and Halbrook played '60-'62. So yeah, Wilt Chamberlain played some of these players towards the end of his career, as he himself played '59-'73.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2799 on: January 28, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »

When did these guys play? For instance, IIRC, Abdul-Jabbar didn't start playing in the NBA until the late 60s, about 10 years or so after Wilt made his debut.

Dierking played '58-'71; Kerr played '54-'66; Pettit '54-'64; Haywood played '70-'82; Roberson played '69-'76; Jackson played '64-'72; Hogue played '62-'64; Beaty played '62-'75; Chappell played '62-'71; Hayes played '68-'84; Reed played '58-'65; Imhoff played '60-'72; Bowman played '66-'71; Lee played '66-'76; Lacey played '70-'83; Ruffner played '70-'75; Cunningham played '68-'75; Riker played '72-'75; Ellis played '62-'76; Walk played '69-'77; Akin played '66-'68; Lanier played '70-'84; Moore played '68-'77; Johnson played '70-'74; Bellamy played '61-'75; Thurmond played '63-'77; McDaniels played '71-'78; Martin played '72-'76; Wesley played '66-'76; Dukes played '55-'63; Boerwinkle played '68-'78; Counts played '64-'76; Finkel played '66-'75; Smith played '71-'79; Abdul-Jabbar played '69-'89; and Halbrook played '60-'62. So yeah, Wilt Chamberlain played some of these players towards the end of his career, as he himself played '59-'73.
But I spoke of the first half of his career, so you're still a bit off.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2800 on: January 28, 2012, 01:40:34 AM »

I can assure you that if you exhibited your petulant behavior on the basketball playground in my neighborhood, then you would have learned your lesson by now.
Pot, meet kettle.

No hypocrisy from me here Peter. You're the one who insults me publicly, rebukes me for calling someone a coward and then turns around and calls someone else a coward, and then blocks my PM's to you. That kind of cheap, childish behavior would not be tolerated where I come from. Maybe out in Oregon you can get away with that, but here in the hood you would've had your behind kicked a long time ago for acting like that (not that I would by any means condone it). So you know what you can do with your pot and kettle brother.  Wink

Selam

I notice that you haven't said anything in response to TheMathematician's latest rebuke to you.
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #2801 on: January 28, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »

we should just set up a giant cage and let everyone fight. last one standing wins.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2802 on: January 28, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »

we should just set up a giant cage and let everyone fight. last one standing wins.

I think Gebre could destroy these guys lol

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #2803 on: January 28, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

It is the Sports thread Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #2804 on: January 28, 2012, 10:52:53 PM »

Agent: Crosby had two concussions, may have fractured vertebrae

The Penguins were blindsided tonight by reports that center Sidney Crosby is recovering from another concussion and may have two fractured vertebrae...

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2805 on: January 28, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »

Wow just wow. I love Crosby but this sucks. He would have been better than Gretzky, but he might as well retire.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #2806 on: January 29, 2012, 03:16:51 AM »

Soooo...Super Bowl predictions?

Just like 2007, I'm going with the Giants all the way (now that they knocked out my beloved Falcons). In fact, I was the only person I knew then who had the Giants picked to beat the 2007 Patriots. Should be a fun game this time, IMO.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:17:50 AM by ironchapman » Logged

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #2807 on: January 30, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »

Just like 2007, I'm going with the Giants all the way (now that they knocked out my beloved Falcons). In fact, I was the only person I knew then who had the Giants picked to beat the 2007 Patriots. Should be a fun game this time, IMO.

im surprised by the number of falcons fans here.  im an Atlantan myself.  I, too, am pulling for the giants.  I always pull for the NFC unless its the saints.  And, id rather have the team that knocked out my team go ahead and win it all.  Dont crush my team, then lose in the next round! Win it all!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2808 on: January 30, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

im surprised by the number of falcons fans here.  im an Atlantan myself.  I, too, am pulling for the giants.  I always pull for the NFC unless its the saints.  And, id rather have the team that knocked out my team go ahead and win it all.  Dont crush my team, then lose in the next round! Win it all!

Interestingly, that is how I came to terms with the Falcons loss to the Packers last season.  Falcons had beat Packers during the season, the could have done it again, but if they lost, at least it was to the team who won it all, because A LOT of great teams got eliminated by those Packers that year.  As to the Giants, I like Eli better then all the other egotistical primadonna QBs in the constant acclaims of boring sports writers, but I'm still sore over that 07/08 win that sent Farve packing from the Packers...
This is JUST like last year, I had to root for the Packers because I can't stand the Steelers, even though Packers took out my Falcons, and alas, again I have to root for the team that stepped over Falcons because I can't stand the Patriots.  Everybody needs a villain, but it sucks for them in the long run!!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2809 on: January 30, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

Puritans 27
Nephilim 17

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2810 on: January 30, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

Honda Super Bowl commercial: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #2811 on: January 30, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »

NY Football Giants: 12
NE Football Patriots: 31

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2812 on: January 30, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2813 on: January 30, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »

Giants 24 - 17 Patriots

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2814 on: January 30, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0

I'm rooting for the Referees, they never lose Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2815 on: January 30, 2012, 11:16:58 PM »

Before the game, Howard walked around the locker room with a brick in each hand, playfully swinging them around and yelling, "I'm going to knock somebody in the head!"

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/01/30/31003_recap.html

What up with Dwight Howard simply losing his mind? With such a ridiculously bad attitude, he deserves to go somewhere sorry who needs the boost of his talent.  He shouldn't be such a cry baby, Orlando has done a lot over the years to develop, they have some good talent, their recent collapse on the court I would entirely blame on the locker room and office meltdowns reflected in Howard's recent spurts of mediocre playing followed be ridiculous trash talking about his own team mates.. 

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2816 on: January 30, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »

Giants 24 - 17 Patriots
Just the fact that you have the Giants winning means the Pats will win.

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:34:12 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2817 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »

Before the game, Howard walked around the locker room with a brick in each hand, playfully swinging them around and yelling, "I'm going to knock somebody in the head!"

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/01/30/31003_recap.html

What up with Dwight Howard simply losing his mind? With such a ridiculously bad attitude, he deserves to go somewhere sorry who needs the boost of his talent.  He shouldn't be such a cry baby, Orlando has done a lot over the years to develop, they have some good talent, their recent collapse on the court I would entirely blame on the locker room and office meltdowns reflected in Howard's recent spurts of mediocre playing followed be ridiculous trash talking about his own team mates..  

stay blessed,
habte selassie
You get blown out by the New Orleans Hornets.

It's time to move to another team.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:41:06 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2818 on: January 31, 2012, 02:09:20 AM »

What up with Dwight Howard simply losing his mind? With such a ridiculously bad attitude, he deserves to go somewhere sorry who needs the boost of his talent.  He shouldn't be such a cry baby, Orlando has done a lot over the years to develop, they have some good talent, their recent collapse on the court I would entirely blame on the locker room and office meltdowns reflected in Howard's recent spurts of mediocre playing followed be ridiculous trash talking about his own team mates..  

stay blessed,
habte selassie
You get blown out by the New Orleans Hornets.

It's time to move to another team.

Geaux Hornets!

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2819 on: January 31, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »

Giants 24 - 17 Patriots
Just the fact that you have the Giants winning means the Pats will win.

THANK YOU!

I have picked so well until the playoffs. XD

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2820 on: January 31, 2012, 02:16:26 AM »

Winners 1
Losers 0
You do realize that 1 is an impossible score for one team in an American football game?
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2821 on: January 31, 2012, 04:25:34 AM »

Giants will win Super Bowl XLVI, predicts ‘Madden NFL 12′

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/giants-win-super-bowl-xlvi-predicts-madden-nfl-170912803.html

Forgive my sins.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2822 on: January 31, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0
You do realize that 1 is an impossible score for one team in an American football game?

Not if you're scoring games and not points.

The winners will win 1 game on Superbowl Sunday, and the losers will win none.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:49:31 PM by Fr. George » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2823 on: January 31, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »

What about a forfeit?  I'm pretty sure in baseball that a forfeit is scored as 1-0.  Is it the same in football?
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2824 on: January 31, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »

What about a forfeit?  I'm pretty sure in baseball that a forfeit is scored as 1-0.  Is it the same in football?
Okay, just checked this out.  (Which I should have done before I posted, I admit.)  If the internet is trustworthy -- which I have absolutely no reason not to believe -- a forfeit in the NFL is scored as 2-0.

So, never mind.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2825 on: January 31, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »

Drew Brees drop kick in Pro Bowl

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-center/videos/Brees-Attempts-Dropkick/a655966f-4c16-4c6a-9cc0-329caab68272

Forgive my sins.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2826 on: January 31, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0

I really don't believe that my meaning wasn't clear.  But it seems to be that it was not!

---------------------
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2827 on: January 31, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

Okay, just checked this out.  (Which I should have done before I posted, I admit.)  If the internet is trustworthy -- which I have absolutely no reason not to believe -- a forfeit in the NFL is scored as 2-0.

So, never mind.
That's also what I've seen at the high school level, where forfeits are much more likely to occur--team doesn't show up, winning team gets busted for playing an ineligible player, etc.

IIRC, a forfeit in Major League Baseball is logged as a 9-0 score.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2828 on: January 31, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0

I really don't believe that my meaning wasn't clear.  But it seems to be that it was not!
What good is a best-of-one series, though? You might as well just play one game.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #2829 on: January 31, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »

"An independent specialist contacted to review recent medical tests taken on Sidney Crosby found no evidence of a past or present neck fracture but verified that Crosby is suffering from a soft-tissue injury of the neck, that could be causing neurological symptoms [similar to concussion symptoms]..." - Source

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2830 on: January 31, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0

What good is a best-of-one series, though? You might as well just play one game.

That is exactly what they're doing - playing one game.  So I'm very confident that I am 100% correct in my prediction for Superbowl Sunday: The winners will win 1 game, and the losers will win 0.

---------------------
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #2831 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »

Winners 1
Losers 0

That is exactly what they're doing - playing one game.  So I'm very confident that I am 100% correct in my prediction for Superbowl Sunday: The winners will win 1 game, and the losers will win 0.

Yogi Berra? Is that you?  Tongue

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #2832 on: January 31, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »

Listening to the Pens online... Malkin just tied the game with 6.6 seconds left in the 3rd!  Grin

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2833 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:57 AM »

My 2012 Toyota AFL Fantasy Team (I'm still $5,000 under the salary cap) -

FORWARDS:

16. Franklin, L - $503,000 - HAW (Captain)

17. Schneider, A - $393,000 - STK

18. Power, L - $384,300 - GWS

19. Knights, C - $375,300 - ADE

20. Dangerfield, P - $349,800 - ADE

21. Riewoldt, J - $345,600 - RIC

22. Koschitzke, J - $298,400 - STK

29. Dick, B - $122,000 - WCE (Emergency Player)

30. Ah Chee, B - $98,700 - PTA

RUCKS:

14. Minson, W - $365,500 - WBD

15. Roughead, J - $283,600 - WBD

27. Hampson, S - $260,000 - CAR (Emergency Player)

28. Gorringe, D - $163,200 - GCS

MIDFIELDERS:

8. Vince, B - $400,100 - ADE (Vice-Captain)

9. Cooney, A - $394,600 - WBD

10. Jones, C - $384,700 - STK

11. Scully, T - $379,400 - GWS

12. Picken, L - $319,500 - WBD

13. Edwards, S - $307,200 - RIC

25. Meredith, B - $146,700 - SYD

26. Reid, S - $124,900 - GWS

DEFENDERS:

1. Hardingham, K - $311,600 - ESS

2. Firrito, M - $297,000 - NTH

3. Jamison, M - $293,900 - CAR

4. Logan, T - $291,300 - PTA

5. Armstrong, T - $289,700 - SYD

6. Garland, C - $288,000 - MEL

7. Conca, R - $274,100 - RIC

23. Tarrant, C - $184,300 - COL (Emergency Player)

24. Hunt, K - $145,600 - GCS

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2834 on: February 02, 2012, 12:03:59 AM »

Take that Mavs!! The Thunder rolled in Dallas tonight..

and Lord please forgive me but I just can't resist a bit of playground immaturity and trash talk a bit..

Hey Marion, couldn't save the day this time eh? Don't get me wrong, I liked you in Phoenix and Miami, but I still got to trash talk..

and looks like Jim Carrey err.. Rick Carlisle got ejected..

Sorry y'all, but I REALLY enjoyed this game, this win, and sticking it to the supposed reigning champs Smiley

stay blessed,

habte selassie

Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: