OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 08:49:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 348804 times) Average Rating: 5
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #2475 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:34 AM »

Congratulations, Tide, on a good old fashioned back-alley a**-whoopin! LSU didn't even get 100 yards total offense and crossed the 50-yard line only once the entire game!

Dont be a jerk, your pathetic ducks got whooped by us.
So what?

If Oregon played Alabama, they'd have lost 52-0
Who cares? LSU lost, so you have to take it out on my Ducks? How classy is that?

You initiated the trash talk. You are a master manipulator, trying to make me seem like the classless one. "a good old fashioned back-alley a**-whoopin!" <- Very classy.
It wasn't directed at you, so don't take it personally. Can a person not congratulate the winners on what was truly a dominant win without a fan of the losing team getting upset?

Whatever dude. I know you did that to get a rise out of me.
Project onto me whatever you want. Just because you think it's true doesn't make it true.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2476 on: January 10, 2012, 01:44:21 AM »

Can't wait for another Bama Wal-Mart trophy tour

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2477 on: January 10, 2012, 01:44:22 AM »

LOL

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2478 on: January 10, 2012, 03:04:08 AM »

ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE

National Championship #14!!!

A wonderful night for the state of Alabama, and especially for the people of Tuscaloosa who have suffered so much devastation and loss from the deadly tornado last summer. The BAMA haters and naysayers were spouting off left and right leading up to this game. They said we didn't deserve to be in the National Championship. They said that if we won in a close game that LSU should still deserve a share of the title. Many pundits were already crowning this LSU team as the greatest college football team of all time. Well the TIDE put all that to rest, and they did so convincingly. This game was not even close, and it was worse than the score indicated. As Brent Musburger aptly described it, “Folks, this is an absolute mauling!” BAMA dominated both sides of the ball, and even bested the Tigers in special teams play.

LSU failed to learn a lesson from Miami's mistake in 1992. Trash talking and dirty play don't phase Alabama. In the week leading up to this National Championship, the little "Honey Badger" (LSU's Tyrann Matthieu) had boasted of how he was looking up the names of the BAMA players' mothers so he could talk trash about their mamas during the game. Well, suffice it to say that those cocky Cajuns got ROLLED over by BAMA character and class! You don't intimidate Alabama, and you don't out-class Alabama. You may beat Alabama from time to time, but tonight the TIDE secured National Championship #14; and those Championships were won with character and class. Tonight the Crystal is Crimson, and Bourbon Street belongs to BAMA!!!

I am so proud of Coach Nick Saban and all of our coaches and players. They were so graceful and humble in victory, everyone giving credit to others and proving that this team is truly about TEAM! I want to thank all of our Seniors and the Juniors like Trent Richardson and Dre Kirkpatrick who will most likely turn pro now. Thank you for giving the University of Alabama so much heart and dedication. Thank you for representing the Crimson Tide with class and integrity. You will always be remembered, and you will always be heroes in our eyes.

I don’t know what else I can say. I cried 5 years ago when we hired Nick Saban, and I cried again tonight when Trent Richardson crossed the goal line to seal the deal. Those in the BAMA family understand how I feel. We are truly a family, and this is not "just a game" to us. It means so much to so many, and I'm proud to simply be able to call myself a BAMA fan. It’s a beautiful night for the BAMA Nation, and we will enjoy this one for a long, long time. And oh yeah, one last thing... Congrats to LSU on their SEC Championship.  ROLL TIDE!!!

14… and counting!

Selam, +GMK+

[Also, let me say Thank you to PtA and CelticFan for the congratulations. I appreciate it very much.]

ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #2479 on: January 10, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »

I'll go ahead and say it, Roll Tide. If we lost to any other team I'd be distraught, but this 'Bama squad is such a good team, as good as any I've seen.

'Bama deserves the WHOLE national title, after that display I hope the AP voters change their mind and give it to Alabama.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:32:46 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2480 on: January 10, 2012, 03:33:39 AM »

LOL?

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2481 on: January 10, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »

I'll go ahead and say it, Roll Tide. If we lost to any other team I'd be distraught, but this 'Bama squad is such a good team, as good as any I've seen.

'Bama deserves the WHOLE national title, after that display I hope the AP voters change their mind and give it to Alabama.

That's classy of you. We did beat a great LSU team, and we can both be proud of our SEC dominance!

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2482 on: January 10, 2012, 04:28:41 AM »

LOL?

After we won the 2009 National Championship, the Crystal Trophy was put on display at various Wal-Marts in the state of Alabama. You see, Alabama Football has always been about all the people of the state of Alabama, not just the alumni. So a lot of people made fun of this, as if there's something wrong with allowing the common man access to view the Trophy. I can tell you that if it ever comes to a Wal-Mart near me, I'll go see it. Others can laugh all they want; but I wonder: how many National Championships have their teams won?

Selam 

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #2483 on: January 10, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »

LOL?

After we won the 2009 National Championship, the Crystal Trophy was put on display at various Wal-Marts in the state of Alabama. You see, Alabama Football has always been about all the people of the state of Alabama, not just the alumni. So a lot of people made fun of this, as if there's something wrong with allowing the common man access to view the Trophy. I can tell you that if it ever comes to a Wal-Mart near me, I'll go see it. Others can laugh all they want; but I wonder: how many National Championships have their teams won?

Selam  
I think the LOL was directed at the interaction between CelticFan and myself. He can dish out the trash talk, but he can't take it coming back (even when the only trash talk coming back to him is a figment of his own imagination).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:35:12 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2484 on: January 10, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »

In the week leading up to this National Championship, the little "Honey Badger" (LSU's Tyrann Matthieu) had boasted of how he was looking up the names of the BAMA players' mothers so he could talk trash about their mamas during the game.
Did he really do that?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2485 on: January 10, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »

In the week leading up to this National Championship, the little "Honey Badger" (LSU's Tyrann Matthieu) had boasted of how he was looking up the names of the BAMA players' mothers so he could talk trash about their mamas during the game.
Did he really do that?

Yep.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1014398-alabama-vs-lsu-honey-badger-smart-to-use-alabamas-moms-as-trash-talk-ammo

Selam

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2486 on: January 10, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »

Congratulations to the winners.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2487 on: January 10, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »

LOL?

Selam 
I think the LOL was directed at the interaction between CelticFan and myself. He can dish out the trash talk, but he can't take it coming back (even when the only trash talk coming back to him is a figment of his own imagination).

No, it was at the Wal-Mart comment, I didnt know they did that. I ended the retarded interaction and you brought it back up. Way to go, you obviously want to pick a fight.

I'm really getting sick of you trying to tick me off.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:07:11 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2488 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »

LOL?

Selam 

Thats really cool, I see not the problem with it. I wish LSU did something like that when they won.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2489 on: January 10, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »

St. Bobby Hebert let Miles have it about not putting Lee in...

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/lsus-les-miles-challenged-former-nfl-star-postgame-news-conference

Forgive my sins.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2490 on: January 10, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »

14… and counting!
Wow!  I've never been happier to be wrong.  Roll Tide!  I just saw the game - 16 hours or so late.  (Was away from home when live, and AFN always replays the big ones during prime (European) time.)  When I got home, I couldn't log onto OC.net for fear of seeing the result.  Caught the second half and am still in awe.

Congrats Gebre, Coach Saban, and the Alabama Crimson Tide -- Best team in the COUNTRY!
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2491 on: January 10, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »

Alabama is #1 and LSU is #2 in both the USA Today Coaches' Poll and AP Poll. I say that's fair, 'Bama is obviously the best team in the nation, and LSU is obviously the second best in the country.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/3

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2492 on: January 11, 2012, 12:14:38 AM »

Congratulations to the winners.  Smiley

Thanks Biro!

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2493 on: January 11, 2012, 12:15:58 AM »

14… and counting!
Wow!  I've never been happier to be wrong.  Roll Tide!  I just saw the game - 16 hours or so late.  (Was away from home when live, and AFN always replays the big ones during prime (European) time.)  When I got home, I couldn't log onto OC.net for fear of seeing the result.  Caught the second half and am still in awe.

Congrats Gebre, Coach Saban, and the Alabama Crimson Tide -- Best team in the COUNTRY!

Thank you Chrevbel!!!

Selam

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #2494 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:38 AM »

and to think. i could have been celebrating a national title at my school my freshman year
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2495 on: January 11, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »

Alabama is #1 and LSU is #2 in both the USA Today Coaches' Poll and AP Poll. I say that's fair, 'Bama is obviously the best team in the nation, and LSU is obviously the second best in the country.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/3

No doubt about #1 and #2! I've never seen two defenses this good in the same season. Amazing.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #2496 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:22 AM »

LOL?

Selam  

No, it was at the Wal-Mart comment, I didnt know they did that. I ended the retarded interaction and you brought it back up. Way to go, you obviously want to pick a fight.

I'm really getting sick of you trying to tick me off.
You weren't the one who made the LOL comment to which I made reference, and which I (mis?)understood you to be questioning. Correctly or incorrectly, I was referring to the comment Achronos made. You are therefore free to get over yourself. Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:02:04 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2497 on: January 11, 2012, 01:58:01 AM »

A REALLY EARLY Pre-Season Poll for next college football season.

I certainly agree with most of it, especially the top 5. LSU will be a better team next year, most of the stars are coming back and we'll have a new QB (thank God) plus we'll get 'Bama at home (again thank God).

TOP 5: 1) LSU, 2) USC, 3) Alabama, 4) Oregon, 5) Oklahoma

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7440553/college-football-way-too-early-2012-top-25

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #2498 on: January 11, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

My poor Suns! Kobe put a surprising smack down with 48 pts!!  The Suns just ain't been the same since Stoudemiere left, as much as I appreciate team loyalty in sports, Nash is in his last season, he should have went to a Championship contending team and end his career with a Ring legacy instead of retiring in the ringless wonder category as so many other great players.

Personally, I don't think its all about the ring, guys like Luke Walton have 4 rings from just sitting on the bench, so obviously a ring isn't everything, however, it does help finalize a players true skill and talent.  If Nash had his ring, just one, he could rightfully retire as one of the NBA's all-time greatest play-makers, who else can get 20 assists in a game while scoring over 10 points including clutch 3s while even getting a few rebounds or steals? The guy is a miracle when it comes to the assist, I have never seen someone pass like that, and I'm not sure anyone else ever will.

Imagine if the Heat or the Lakers (I only mention these teams because all the other powerhouse teams have plenty of competitive guards, only LA and Miami are in serious need) had that kind of play-making? It would be the Jordan Bulls era rekindled Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:18:06 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2499 on: January 11, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »

"Roll Tide" in Cajun is "Laissez les bons temps rouler Tide".

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2500 on: January 11, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »

The 49ers are thieves. You cant use the honey badger AGAINST Louisiana.  Wink

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-want-channel-honey-badger-against-saints-234759528.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:58:01 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2501 on: January 11, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »

Grin

Selam

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2502 on: January 12, 2012, 01:17:24 AM »

"Reauxll Tide Reauxll" is used by the 'Bama fans who are coonies, or so I've seen. Smiley

I use coonie instead of the real term because I'm sure some people will get upset the "A-word" is in it...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:19:24 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2503 on: January 12, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

For those non-believers out there, Clippers are real deal.

95-89 in OT!

It was a defensive slug-fest which explains the ridiculously low score.  Nothing but highlight reel plays from both teams, I dare say I enjoyed this game more than any other in a long long time.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #2504 on: January 12, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »

Ideal scenarios this weekend:
1. Both people watching Ravens-Texans have a blast
2. Giants beat the Packers in a nailbiter
3. Patriots stomp the Broncos, but Tebow has a good game, and Bill Maher spontaneously combusts at the end of it.

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2505 on: January 12, 2012, 10:24:45 PM »

3. Patriots stomp the Broncos, but Tebow has a good game, and Bill Maher spontaneously combusts at the end of it.

As much as I regret what happened to my Falcons, I like all those scenarios, but I am especially hoping on my Ravens.

I'm also hoping the Clippers  beat the Lakers on Saturday, all the past few games have been close.

ps.. y'all realize they have classes at colleges too? Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:25:34 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

« Reply #2506 on: January 12, 2012, 11:48:39 PM »

Haha.

Well, actually, I'm only a VERY part-time student, but also head Baseball Coach here at the college, and I run and own a CrossFit gym up here, so I just tell myself that sports is my job, right?

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2507 on: January 13, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »

Texans 17 - 14 Ravens

Saints 38 - 28 49ers

Forgive my sins.
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #2508 on: January 13, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »

On a totally unrelated note, Moneyball was a good movie; I just finally saw it because I refuse to see movies in theaters. My TV's big enough, and I can go to the bathroom, lie down instead of sit in a crappy seat, when I want, and eat something that's not made out of plastic if I'm at home.

An inspiring thing to watch in my position: I'm currently recruiting as the first Varsity Head Coach for our baseball program here since 1938, trying to figure out how to get a small Lib Arts school known for everything but sports to compete in one of the strongest conference in our Division, ASAP. I think I need to get Scott Hatteberg to reconsider getting another education...

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2509 on: January 13, 2012, 03:53:06 AM »

ps.. y'all realize they have classes at colleges too? Wink

What??? I thought I'm going for the partying?!

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2510 on: January 13, 2012, 03:55:00 AM »

While Alabama should be proud of their accomplishment, this Alabama student kinda went too far IMHO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/alabama-fans-rub-salt-lsu-football-wounds-163759750.html

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2511 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:22 AM »

Bobby Hebert shows the world how dumb Les Miles is. lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/video-bobby-hebert-wants-know-why-les-miles-121110828.html

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2512 on: January 14, 2012, 05:02:24 AM »

I think Les Miles handled that pretty well. It's absurd to think that LSU would have won the game if Jarret Lee came in. Our defense was all over Jefferson, and they would have destroyed a QB like Lee who has no mobility. Sometimes fans just have to accept that the better team won. I will agree that Miles was definitely out-coached in this one though. But LSU fans better not turn on him too hard. He's a good coach and he won you all an SEC title this year. And with Gunner Kiel coming in next year, LSU fans have lots to look forward to.

Selam

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2513 on: January 14, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »

I think Les Miles handled that pretty well. It's absurd to think that LSU would have won the game if Jarret Lee came in. Our defense was all over Jefferson, and they would have destroyed a QB like Lee who has no mobility. Sometimes fans just have to accept that the better team won. I will agree that Miles was definitely out-coached in this one though. But LSU fans better not turn on him too hard. He's a good coach and he won you all an SEC title this year. And with Gunner Kiel coming in next year, LSU fans have lots to look forward to.

Selam

I've repeated over and over again the better team that day won. But I'd say our talent was on the same level, but our coaching is horrible. Les has a horrible track record of coaching decisions and always picks his favorites. Lee shouldve stayed the starter all season, he led us to where we went, he can actually THROW the ball. When we were down 15-0 in the Third Quarter and needed to throw the ball down field, common sense would tell you to put in the THROWING QUARTERBACK. Les is a bullheaded moron, his favoritism is going to get him fired.

Lee had ONE bad game (Well the BEGINNING of a bad game) and he benches Lee for Jefferson. Jefferson had TWO consecutive horrible games and doesnt even give Lee a chance. That is BLATANT FAVORITISM.

Seriously, Les is an AMAZING recruiter, I wont deny that, but he makes horrible coaching decisions and everyone that knows LSU football has been saying that all year (actually for the past few years), even before the Alabama disaster. I hope he gets fired, the man lacks common sense and is way too bullheaded. You know after a game earlier this year Bobby Hebert asked Les why Jefferson and not Lee, and Les ended up benching former starting center (Bobby's son) T-Bob Hebert and didnt even let him play in the senior game! So Bobby Hebert knows how much of a boob Les Miles is.

I swear, I hate that Nick left...

Lee's stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/232417/jarrett-lee

Jefferson's: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/378564/jordan-jefferson

Not to mention the fact that after all that Jefferson did he should've been kicked off the team. But of course Les thought he knew better.

I'm not saying that Jefferson wasnt trying his best, I'm saying Lee has been the better quarterback all year, and if you are down 15-0 in the 3rd Quarter and running the ball obviously isnt an option, you need to ATLEAST TRY to throw it down field, and Jefferson has proven over and over he can not, but Lee proved this year that he is a decent throwing quarterback and much better so than Jefferson.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:58:31 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2514 on: January 14, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

Selam

I've repeated over and over again the better team that day won. But I'd say our talent was on the same level, but our coaching is horrible. Les has a horrible track record of coaching decisions and always picks his favorites. Lee shouldve stayed the starter all season, he led us to where we went, he can actually THROW the ball. When we were down 15-0 in the Third Quarter and needed to throw the ball down field, common sense would tell you to put in the THROWING QUARTERBACK. Les is a bullheaded moron, his favoritism is going to get him fired.

Lee had ONE bad game (Well the BEGINNING of a bad game) and he benches Lee for Jefferson. Jefferson had TWO consecutive horrible games and doesnt even give Lee a chance. That is BLATANT FAVORITISM.

Seriously, Les is an AMAZING recruiter, I wont deny that, but he makes horrible coaching decisions and everyone that knows LSU football has been saying that all year (actually for the past few years), even before the Alabama disaster. I hope he gets fired, the man lacks common sense and is way too bullheaded. You know after a game earlier this year Bobby Hebert asked Les why Jefferson and not Lee, and Les ended up benching former starting center (Bobby's son) T-Bob Hebert and didnt even let him play in the senior game! So Bobby Hebert knows how much of a boob Les Miles is.

Jefferson's: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/378564/jordan-jefferson

Not to mention the fact that after all that Jefferson did he should've been kicked off the team. But of course Les thought he knew better.

I'm not saying that Jefferson wasnt trying his best, I'm saying Lee has been the better quarterback all year, and if you are down 15-0 in the 3rd Quarter and running the ball obviously isnt an option, you need to ATLEAST TRY to throw it down field, and Jefferson has proven over and over he can not, but Lee proved this year that he is a decent throwing quarterback and much better so than Jefferson.

I hear your frustration bro. I don't really blame you. But you have to realize that Jarret Lee's stats against BAMA are horrible. Also, against a defense as fast as ours, Lee's lack of mobility would not have given him an advantage over Jefferson.

I agree that Les Miles is a great recruiter, but his teams aren't disciplined at that's the main problem as I see it. Too many off the field issues, and too much unsportsmanlike conduct on the field. That's a reflection of the coach. Mark Richt at Georgia has the same problems IMO. But I think Les's play calling is criticized too mcuh. You guys dominated every game this year except for the two against us.

I remember the announcers saying that Les should yank Jefferson in the SEC Championship, but as they were saying that he marched them right down the field to a TD and an eventual blow out. But I said from day one that Jefferson was overrated. What really surprises me is why Russell Shepherd wasn't used more in the offense. I was expecting big things from him at LSU.

But you LSU fans are funny. You have a coach whose won you a National Championship and multiple SEC Championships. He turned down his alma mater Michigan to stay in the Bayou. If he were at Michigan he'd be winning the Big Ten every year. You should be careful what you wish for. Not many other coaches are gonna want to come to LSU and have to compete with Nick Saban every year. As much as you all may hate to hear it, the fact is that you are NOT Alabama!  Wink

Selam

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2515 on: January 14, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

Have you heard about the quarterback who won the Heisman trophy and led his University of Florida Gators to a national championship? The multisport athlete, Florida's USA Today Football Player of the Year as a high-schooler? The son of a pastor who always put his faith before football, even while playing in the National Football League?

Of course we're talking about Danny Wuerffel, who has served as a powerful role model for a certain Denver Broncos quarterback currently making news.

Mr. Wuerffel and Tim Tebow didn't know each other well growing up 13 years apart, but Mr. Tebow's parents made it a point to introduce the two more than a decade ago, while Mr. Wuerffel was still playing at Florida. Both players' families understood that football provided a platform that could be used to talk about the most important thing in their life—their faith. Their attitudes mirrored that of C.S. Lewis, who reasoned that "Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2516 on: January 14, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »

Selam

I hear your frustration bro. I don't really blame you. But you have to realize that Jarret Lee's stats against BAMA are horrible. Also, against a defense as fast as ours, Lee's lack of mobility would not have given him an advantage over Jefferson.

I agree that Les Miles is a great recruiter, but his teams aren't disciplined at that's the main problem as I see it. Too many off the field issues, and too much unsportsmanlike conduct on the field. That's a reflection of the coach. Mark Richt at Georgia has the same problems IMO. But I think Les's play calling is criticized too mcuh. You guys dominated every game this year except for the two against us.

I remember the announcers saying that Les should yank Jefferson in the SEC Championship, but as they were saying that he marched them right down the field to a TD and an eventual blow out. But I said from day one that Jefferson was overrated. What really surprises me is why Russell Shepherd wasn't used more in the offense. I was expecting big things from him at LSU.

But you LSU fans are funny. You have a coach whose won you a National Championship and multiple SEC Championships. He turned down his alma mater Michigan to stay in the Bayou. If he were at Michigan he'd be winning the Big Ten every year. You should be careful what you wish for. Not many other coaches are gonna want to come to LSU and have to compete with Nick Saban every year. As much as you all may hate to hear it, the fact is that you are NOT Alabama!  Wink

Selam

He wins because he has some of the country's best players...the man's an idiot of a coach...

An idiot...and a lier! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmDBu57SDnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9kfnJvB6Q

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2517 on: January 14, 2012, 04:46:44 PM »

I have no idea how much truth there is to any of this, but it is very interesting:

http://neworleansrising.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/is-there-smoke-is-there-another-reason-why-lsu-lost/

Here is what I posted in response to it:

What most people today do not understand is how important character is. That’s why BAMA has won two National Championships in three years. Saban recruits character, molds character, and teaches character. He doesn’t tolerate less (no pun intended). I was surprised we lost the first game, because it was obvious to me that we were much classier than the trash talking Tigers. But sometimes great athletes will win, even if they win without discipline. But in the end, character prevailed and the TIDE got their second title in three years. Miles is a great recruiter, and I think he’s a very good coach. But he has to jettison the “player’s coach” role and establish some discipline down on the Bayou. Will see if he’s cut out to do so. If he doesn’t, he may still win some SEC titles and even a National Title with the pure ability that he’s able to recruit. But he’ll never match Saban, and the TIDE will leave the Tigers in the dust. Class and character matter- in sports and in life. I’m proud of our Crimson Tide; and even though LSU is our rivals, I sincerely do hope that Les Miles learns to start emphasizing character in his coaching. Congrats to LSU on their SEC title. ROLL TIDE!!!

Selam

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2518 on: January 14, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »

This should make for a very interesting next edition of "NCAA Football" for the video games. I wonder what that'll be like.    Smiley  I always dream of taking unkown Stinkville University to the title, but maybe this time, I won't.  Wink

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Protestant, for now...

« Reply #2519 on: January 14, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »

Jimmy Fallon with a funny satire of this Tim Tebow nonsense. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHB0o9lCizQ

I'm not posting on oc.net for the time being. Thank you to everyone for your support!
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: