OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 07:50:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 413229 times) Average Rating: 5
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #2430 on: January 08, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »

Round 1:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Atlanta

So I'm 0-4 so far! While I don't really advocate gambling, if you are thus inclined, you may just want to bet against my picks for Round 2...  Tongue
Yet another example to me of why the NFL should abandon their sudden death overtime rule and embrace something like the Kansas Plan used at the high school and college levels. Denver wins the OT coin toss and receives the opening kick. Tebow then throws an 80-yard bomb, the Broncos score on the play, and the Steelers aren't even given a chance to answer.

I fully agree. I thought each team would be allowed one possession in OT.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2431 on: January 08, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16376824.stm

Huzzah! Huzzah!   Grin

Man City 2 - Man Utd 3

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2432 on: January 08, 2012, 10:51:10 PM »

Round 1:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Atlanta

So I'm 0-4 so far! While I don't really advocate gambling, if you are thus inclined, you may just want to bet against my picks for Round 2...  Tongue
Yet another example to me of why the NFL should abandon their sudden death overtime rule and embrace something like the Kansas Plan used at the high school and college levels. Denver wins the OT coin toss and receives the opening kick. Tebow then throws an 80-yard bomb, the Broncos score on the play, and the Steelers aren't even given a chance to answer.

Sudden death works well in sports where scoring is low and possession of the ball or puck changes frequently between the two teams, sports such as soccer or hockey. I don't see it working well for American football, because possession of the football changes hands rather infrequently relative to sports like those I just mentioned.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2433 on: January 08, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »

What an awful finish, blah. Not that I expected the Steelers to go all the way this year anyway, but beat by a pass by Tebow? Ugh!

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #2434 on: January 09, 2012, 01:06:01 AM »

Saints 45 - 28 Detroit! HAHAHAHA I told ya'llllllll  police

Our next victim: the San Fran 49ers
You ain't told us nothing. Roll Eyes How many more games do the Ain'ts have to win before they win the Super Bowl?

They won the Super Bowl in 2010...so the 'aints title can leave.
Well, they're the Ain'ts again, because they ain't going to win the Super Bowl this year.

How many years did it take the Ducks to win another Rose Bowl...?
Who cares? Grin

That's what I thought.  Tongue
And you thought wrong. Tongue

Pete, I just realized you're trolling me. O.o
Have I told you before not to call me Pete? I hate that name.

I know you hate it. But I hate when people troll me. So you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2435 on: January 09, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16376824.stm

Huzzah! Huzzah!   Grin

Man City 2 - Man Utd 3

Glory Glory Man United!

Forgive my sins.
George_Mina_Awad

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #2436 on: January 09, 2012, 06:27:11 AM »

Teeeeeeeeeebow!!!!!!!!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2437 on: January 09, 2012, 08:35:44 AM »

Round 1:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Atlanta

No Steelers were given a full 60 minute regulation game to win the game. Can't do that? Then sudden death it is. Also they were given a chance...who gets the ball first is decided in the fairest way possible....a coin toss. Even so, they have the ball first, so what...its still fair in that we get 11 men to line up accross from their offense. It's called a defense. They get paid a ton of money because they specialize in stopping the offense. Still fair.

Sorry the sudden death rule made perfect sense and whenever people whine about it drives me crazy.

Just don't give up the 80 yard play on the first place.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2438 on: January 09, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »

Tebow threw for 316 yards against the #1-ranked defense -- an average of 31.6 yards for each of his 10 completions, an NFL playoff average yards/completion record.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world...."

This is just a coincidence, of course. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:25:31 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #2439 on: January 09, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Round 1:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Atlanta

Cry babies ; )

I think its the new rule that isn't fair, not how the Broncos used it to their advantage and set an NFL record in the process by ending a playoff overtime in 11 seconds, the quickest ever!  Until this year, it was always SUDDEN DEATH in the play-offs, that means field goals, safeties, or any score wins the game, period.  That is how it has always been, how it should always be.  This new rule of allowing teams to get a chance to return, it ONLY FOR FIELD GOALS.  According to the new rule, any touchdown, offensive or defensive, ends the game as sudden death just as it always has been.  I don't like the new rule because it may make the NFL a field goal show down like in college..

Broncos won the toss, Tebow threw an 80 yard pass that no one believed he could, and they won the game fair and square, what is the problem? Oh right, people be straight hatin on Tebow yo Wink

By the way, I also lost big, I never pick the play-offs well, I was going for Atlanta, Bengals, Lions.. Of course my biggest surprise was that the only pick I had was DENVER!! Hilarious to think about
Just a note for those who said Tebow couldn't pass?

He set a Denver Broncos franchise post-season passer rating over over 126, and Broncos got some serious NFL QB heritage so that is saying something for Tebow.  He may have only had 10 completions, but those were for 316 yards, making that an average of 31 yards per pass!!! So please NFL fans, stop your hatin on Tebow just because he is unorthodox as a QB and doesn't rely on this steroid numbers of beyond 4500-5500 passing seasons with receivers on just about every team breaking 1000 yards, is this the NFL or John Madden2k11 for PS3?  Tebow challenges the convention that you have to win the game by having a shoot out, and Broncos have the NFL best rush so they demonstrate you can win by running.  That is how the Saints dominated against the Lions, they surprisingly ran the ball A LOT and it worked, and the Lions SHOULD have ran the ball more to keep up.  Steelers were banged up, this was realistically expected, if anything we should give them more credit for having taken it down to the wire, respect to Pittsburg for that literally bang up job.

Now as to my Falcons, those dudes just keep letting me down in the playoffs. Luckily in the NFL you can still enjoy a team for more than just the post-season or the Championship, because honestly, only one or two teams get that far a year right, what about the others? To enjoy sports you have to enjoy it beyond just getting 1st place, there is also joy in progress, in development, and symbolic wins against rivals and upsets etc etc, and this season Falcons had their share Smiley

Same with the Lions, they like the OKC Thunder in the NBA have went from a laughing stock record to a serious contender on the field. Saints receivers were literally flinching at the Lions defenders (which I think is reflected also in why they ran the ball so much), and next season we all know Detroit will be a fixture.

Great season, great play-offs, what an upset!!

Ravens best to up they game next weekend, and the 49s defense meeting the Saints offense should be interesting to say the least..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #2440 on: January 09, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »

Tebow threw for 316 yards against the #1-ranked defense -- an average of 31.6 yards for each of his 10 completions, an NFL playoff average yards/completion record.

siad number 1 ranked defense that had a makeshift d line, ryan clark out, and a myriad of other injuries.

A defense that also, incidently, had Troy Polomalu, a Serbian Orthodox Christian
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:39:38 PM by montalo » Logged

SCREW BON JOVI!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2441 on: January 09, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »

A defense that also, incidently, had Troy Polomalu, a Serbian Orthodox Christian

Neither Serbian, nor Serbian Orthodox.  He's Samoan, and Greek Orthodox (attends Holy Trinity in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, and one of our Monasteries in the area).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2442 on: January 09, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

Round 1:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Atlanta

No Steelers were given a full 60 minute regulation game to win the game. Can't do that? Then sudden death it is. Also they were given a chance...who gets the ball first is decided in the fairest way possible....a coin toss. Even so, they have the ball first, so what...its still fair in that we get 11 men to line up accross from their offense. It's called a defense. They get paid a ton of money because they specialize in stopping the offense. Still fair.

Sorry the sudden death rule made perfect sense and whenever people whine about it drives me crazy.

Just don't give up the 80 yard play on the first place.

Amen.  If you can't get it done in regulation, you have 0 sympathy from me.

And...

It's just a game!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2443 on: January 09, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

siad number 1 ranked defense that had a makeshift d line, ryan clark out, and a myriad of other injuries.

Yes we all know that Troy is Orthodox, but what has that got to do with raining on Denver Bronco's parade? As we say, any given Sunday, that is just football..

The fun jokes about the Tebow miracles are just a bit of fun, the reality on the field is that Denver has the best rush and they use it. With FIVE fourth quarter from behind comebacks and now FOUR overtime victories, shouldn't we also give credit to this superhuman stamina of the Denver Broncos team, these guys are gutsy and incredible athletes at their ability to find their second and fifth wind Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2444 on: January 09, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »

Hot boudin, cold coush-coush, come on tigers, push push push.

The Tide are Tiger-bait tonight. Wink

Geaux Tigers!

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2445 on: January 09, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »

You ain't told us nothing. Roll Eyes How many more games do the Ain'ts have to win before they win the Super Bowl?

Well, they're the Ain'ts again, because they ain't going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Who cares? Grin

I know you hate it. But I hate when people troll me. So you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
You do know that sports trash talk has its boundaries? You don't diss another player's mother, and you don't diss his patron saint. We can trash talk each other's favorite teams as much as we want on this thread, but I'm dead serious when I tell you to stop calling me Pete.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2446 on: January 09, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »

Hot boudin, cold coush-coush, come on tigers, push push push.

The Tide are Tiger-bait tonight. Wink

Geaux Tigers!

I hear that tigers, unlike most cats, love the water. Wink
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:04:15 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #2447 on: January 09, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »

And the Broncos are owned by John Elway. Regardless of if there were any signs from God embedded in the stats, I'm glad Denver won. I can appreciate Troy's faith, but it would take a lot more than that to get me to not hate the Steelers. With Cincinnati gone, the Broncos are the only remaining team in the playoffs who strike me as remotely likeable, so I'm gonna root for them. And yeah, people whining about new OT rules need to get over themselves.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:11:35 PM by That person » Logged

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2448 on: January 09, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

You do know that sports trash talk has its boundaries? You don't diss another player's mother, and you don't diss his patron saint. We can trash talk each other's favorite teams as much as we want on this thread, but I'm dead serious when I tell you to stop calling me Pete.

Ahh but you're also breaking the unspoken rule of trash talking in sports, you're letting 'em get in your head and mess up your game Wink

And the Broncos are owned by John Elway. Regardless of if there were any signs from God embedded in the stats, I'm glad Denver won. I can appreciate Troy's faith, but it would take a lot more than that to get me to not hate the Steelers. With Cincinnati gone, the Broncos are the only remaining team in the playoffs who strike me as remotely likeable, so I'm gonna root for them.

Amen Amen! I agree so much with you, I love Troy and I love how he promotes and witnesses Orthodox to the world on the national platform of the NFL, and I have said this many times on this forum and even on this thread, but the Steelers have the cockiest and most surly attitude in the NFL, and they are way to favored to boot. That being said, I simply CAN'T STAND the STEELERS (and its only partially because I am a Ravens fan). I'm like you, I can only get into likeable times with decent personalities and a good story, not just a good roster or an impressive stat sheet (though that does help to be sure).

I like underdogs, sorry Troy, take your attitude and talent to my Raider nation and we might better adjust, and bring Suh with ya, my Raiderz need some serious defensive readjustment Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:57:51 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2449 on: January 09, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »

Ahh but you're also breaking the unspoken rule of trash talking in sports, you're letting 'em get in your head and mess up your game Wink
No, I don't think so. CelticFan crossed a boundary with me, and I am telling him publicly to stop. This is no longer an issue of trash talking with me; this is an issue of personal harassment.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2450 on: January 09, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »

No, I don't think so. CelticFan crossed a boundary with me, and I am telling him publicly to stop. This is no longer an issue of trash talking with me; this is an issue of personal harassment.

Isn't that PM material then my brother?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #2451 on: January 09, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »

Cry babies ; )

Whoa, whoa! I was actually rather happy to see Tim Tebow and the Broncos win the game. But as a Canadian who has been out of the NFL loop for awhile, I honestly thought that each team would be entitled to a possession in OT and was a bit disappointed that it came down to a coin toss and one team alone had a chance to score. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each team get one chance during OT in regular season games? It just seems it would be more fair AND more exciting that way.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:00:30 PM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #2452 on: January 09, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »

Neither Serbian, nor Serbian Orthodox.  He's Samoan, and Greek Orthodox (attends Holy Trinity in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, and one of our Monasteries in the area).

I had believed that he attended a Serbian church, but I am wrong, and retract what i said about him.

Thank you for the correction

SCREW BON JOVI!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2453 on: January 09, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »

Isn't that PM material then my brother?
No. Not when he's done this before.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2454 on: January 09, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »

Cry babies ; )

Whoa, whoa! I was actually rather happy to see Tim Tebow and the Broncos win the game. But as a Canadian who has been out of the NFL loop for awhile, I honestly thought that each team would be entitled to a possession in OT and was a bit disappointed that it came down to a coin toss and one team alone had a chance to score. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each team get one chance during OT in regular season games? It just seems it would be more fair AND more exciting that way.
No. NFL overtimes are sudden death in the regular season and postseason alike. The only difference is that in the regular season, if neither team scores in the OT period, the game is declared a tie. In the playoffs, as many overtimes are played as is necessary to break the tie. We've had a couple or three playoff games in the NFL's history actually go two overtimes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:26:39 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2455 on: January 09, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

Saints 45 - 28 Detroit! HAHAHAHA I told ya'llllllll  police

Who cares? Grin

That's what I thought.  Tongue

I didnt diss your mum or patron saint. If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen. K?

I've never seen someone whine so much over a nickname. But I'll stop if it makes you stop crying, jeez.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:30:14 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2456 on: January 09, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »

Who cares? Grin

I didnt diss you mum or patron saint. If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen. K?
I'm surprised I have to say this again. I told you not to call me Pete, and I told you why. That should be enough for you. Any more protest from you counts as harassment. Do you understand?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:37:13 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #2457 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »

Cry babies ; )

No. NFL overtimes are sudden death in the regular season and postseason alike. The only difference is that in the regular season, if neither team scores in the OT period, the game is declared a tie. In the playoffs, as many overtimes are played as is necessary to break the tie. We've had a couple or three playoff games in the NFL's history actually go two overtimes.

In addition, for the regular season, first team to score wins.

Post season, it is first team to score wins, unless on the first drive the score is a fieldgoal

SCREW BON JOVI!
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2458 on: January 09, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

Cry babies ; )

Post season, it is first team to score wins, unless on the first drive the score is a fieldgoal
Or a safety.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #2459 on: January 09, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

Cry babies ; )

Or a safety.

A safety would end the game, with the winning team being the team that scored the safety.

Think about it, what happens after a saftey? A free kick to the team that scored the saftey, giving them the ball with a lead.

SCREW BON JOVI!
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2460 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »

Cry babies ; )

Or a safety.

A safety would end the game, with the winning team being the team that scored the safety.

Think about it, what happens after a saftey? A free kick to the team that scored the saftey, giving them the ball with a lead.
Interesting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:58:14 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2461 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »

ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE
ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2462 on: January 09, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »

Cry babies ; )

Or a safety.

Interesting.
But true.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2463 on: January 09, 2012, 11:02:07 PM »

My two "BAMA Belles". My wife surprised me and broke out this new houndstooth hat right before kickoff! Doesn't it look great on her?

Awesome first half! We dominated! Lot's of football left to be played, and LSU has certainly proven all year that they are a second half team. Would have been nice if we could have gotten at least one TD out of those first half opportunities. Now, as Coach Saban constantly emphasizes... LET'S FINISH!!! RTR!!!

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2464 on: January 10, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »

7 quarters, 1 OT, and almost 8 minutes, and we FINALLY have a TD in the season series between Alabama and LSU. Trent Richardson run from 34 yards out to give the Tide a 21-0 lead with 4:36 left.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2465 on: January 10, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »

Congratulations, Tide, on a good old fashioned back-alley a**-whoopin! LSU didn't even get 100 yards total offense and crossed the 50-yard line only once the entire game!
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2466 on: January 10, 2012, 12:49:54 AM »

Congratulations, Tide, on a good old fashioned back-alley a**-whoopin! LSU didn't even get 100 yards total offense and crossed the 50-yard line only once the entire game!

Dont be a jerk, your pathetic ducks got whooped by us.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2467 on: January 10, 2012, 12:50:25 AM »

Who cares? Grin

I didnt diss you mum or patron saint. If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen. K?
I'm surprised I have to say this again. I told you not to call me Pete, and I told you why. That should be enough for you. Any more protest from you counts as harassment. Do you understand?

You never told me why actually. But I said I'll stop.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2468 on: January 10, 2012, 12:53:47 AM »

Congrats to Alabama, you guys deserve it. You had much better coaching.

Les should've put in Jarrett Lee atleast by halftime. Jefferson, as most thought, showed he couldnt throw the ball, which is a big reason the offense was atrocious. Add to that horrible play calling. Our defense and special teams are the ONLY reason the score wasnt worse.

LSU is the second best team in the country, we've proven that all year. But 'Bama gets what 'Bama deserves, the trophy that matters.

Enjoy it Alabama, till next year.

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2469 on: January 10, 2012, 01:12:52 AM »

So what?
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2470 on: January 10, 2012, 01:13:54 AM »

So what?

If Oregon played Alabama, they'd have lost 52-0

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2471 on: January 10, 2012, 01:15:33 AM »

So what?

Who cares? LSU lost, so you have to take it out on my Ducks? How classy is that?
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2472 on: January 10, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »

So what?

Who cares? LSU lost, so you have to take it out on my Ducks? How classy is that?

You initiated the trash talk. You are a master manipulator, trying to make me seem like the classless one. "a good old fashioned back-alley a**-whoopin!" <- Very classy.

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2473 on: January 10, 2012, 01:23:03 AM »

So what?

You initiated the trash talk. You are a master manipulator, trying to make me seem like the classless one. "a good old fashioned back-alley a**-whoopin!" <- Very classy.
It wasn't directed at you, so don't take it personally. Can a person not congratulate the winners on what was truly a dominating win without a fan of the losing team getting upset?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:25:27 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2474 on: January 10, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

So what?

It wasn't directed at you, so don't take it personally. Can a person not congratulate the winners on what was truly a dominant win without a fan of the losing team getting upset?

Whatever dude. I know you did that to get a rise out of me.

Forgive my sins.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: