OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 01:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 438135 times) Average Rating: 5
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #2115 on: November 21, 2011, 06:32:24 PM »

Rosenborg 1 - 3 Tromsø

Gah...

http://www.rbk.no/incoming/article215320.ece

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2116 on: November 21, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »

Sydney FC 2 - 3 Central Coast Mariners FC

GAH!

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/matchcentre/Sydney-FC-v-Central-Coast-Mariners-FC-Hyundai-A-League/2120

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:49:42 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2117 on: November 23, 2011, 12:30:24 AM »

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2118 on: November 23, 2011, 03:51:22 AM »

European Cup: Manchester United 2 - 2 Benfica

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Nov/manchester-united-v-benfica-match-report.aspx

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:52:04 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #2119 on: November 23, 2011, 07:11:52 AM »

CCM don't matter much to me, but the owner of Sheffield United, Kevin McCabe, is on their board of directors.  The idea is that if they do well, they will generate income for the Blades.  This idea coming from a guy who thought it wise to sell Kyle Walker, England's recent MOTM against Sweden, for £4 mil.  So far, very few of his creative investments have worked out.

And now, you all know.  You're welcome.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2120 on: November 23, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »

CCM don't matter much to me, but the owner of Sheffield United, Kevin McCabe, is on their board of directors.  The idea is that if they do well, they will generate income for the Blades.  This idea coming from a guy who thought it wise to sell Kyle Walker, England's recent MOTM against Sweden, for £4 mil.  So far, very few of his creative investments have worked out.

And now, you all know.  You're welcome.

If you're rooting for the Mariners in any way, you're no friend of mine! jk

Forgive my sins.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #2121 on: November 23, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »

I could say the same about Celtic, although I don't much care for the 'gers either.  Wink

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2122 on: November 23, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »

I could say the same about Celtic, although I don't much care for the 'gers either.  Wink

LOL. I'm a much bigger Sydney FC fan than Celtic FC fan actually. lol

Those dirty huns do tick me off since they're top of the league.

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2123 on: November 25, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »

No longer the worst! American Samoa's soccer team racks up one win, and it's a cause of joy.  Smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15867180
Marat
Elder

Faith: Catholic reinvestigating the Orthodox Church

« Reply #2124 on: November 25, 2011, 02:22:34 AM »

Sweet victory by the Texas Longhorns over Texas A&M on a last second field goal in the last scheduled meeting between these two long time rivals. Enjoy the loss! You'll have many more in the SEC.
Cymbyz
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #2125 on: November 25, 2011, 02:43:04 AM »

Strange that both the 'Horns and the Dallas Cowboys should win their T-day games on last-second field goals at the end of struggles that weren't at all pretty.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2126 on: November 26, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »

Barcelona 0 - 1 Getafe.

ROFL.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2127 on: November 26, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »

Yeah Getafe!   Smiley
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2128 on: November 26, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »

UCLA @ Oregon in the first ever Pac-12 Championship Game next Friday.  GO DUCKS!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2129 on: November 27, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »

ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE

42-14! THE TIDE ROLLS in the Iron Bowl!!!

Eli Gold said it best: "The 76th Iron Bowl is wrapped in Crimson." The Auburn offense failed to score on our defense (Auburn’s 14 points came on a TD from an Alabama fumble and a kickoff return that went the distance.) Trent Richardson rushed for a career high 203 yards, proving to any objective and fair-minded voter that he deserves to win the Heisman Trophy. BAMA also demonstrated once again that they are clearly one of the two best teams in the nation. If the voters are fair, we should certainly be headed for a rematch with LSU in the National Championship.

There are a lot of highlights to point out from today’s beat down of the Tigers:  Senior Brad Smelley had 6 catches for 86 yards and a touchdown, the best game of his Capstone career; Dee Milliner had an interception that he returned 36 yards for TD; and as I already mentioned, Trent Richardson rushed for his career high of 203 yards.

There’s a lot to be proud of today, and it was a long 365 days waiting for this sweet savor of revenge. But of all the things that make me proud to be a BAMAfan today, the most significant and important thing is this: We won with character, class and honesty.

ROLL TIDE!!!

ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE   ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE  ROLL TIDE

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2130 on: November 27, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »

Wales' soccer coach Gary Speed has died, at 42. He took his own life.  Cry Cry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15911321
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2131 on: November 27, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »

42-14! THE TIDE ROLLS in the Iron Bowl!!!

Eli Gold said it best: "The 76th Iron Bowl is wrapped in Crimson." The Auburn offense failed to score on our defense (Auburn’s 14 points came on a TD from an Alabama fumble and a kickoff return that went the distance.) Trent Richardson rushed for a career high 203 yards, proving to any objective and fair-minded voter that he deserves to win the Heisman Trophy. BAMA also demonstrated once again that they are clearly one of the two best teams in the nation. If the voters are fair, we should certainly be headed for a rematch with LSU in the National Championship.

There are a lot of highlights to point out from today’s beat down of the Tigers:  Senior Brad Smelley had 6 catches for 86 yards and a touchdown, the best game of his Capstone career; Dee Milliner had an interception that he returned 36 yards for TD; and as I already mentioned, Trent Richardson rushed for his career high of 203 yards.

There’s a lot to be proud of today, and it was a long 365 days waiting for this sweet savor of revenge. But of all the things that make me proud to be a BAMAfan today, the most significant and important thing is this: We won with character, class and honesty.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Selam

Since when did this site have advertisments?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2132 on: November 27, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »

Former heavyweight boxer Ron Lyle has died aged 70.  Cry

Story here
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2133 on: November 27, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »

SAN DIEGO -- Tebow Time had just seconds to spare in overtime before the Denver Broncos beat the staggering San Diego Chargers.

Matt Prater kicked a 37-yard field goal with 29 seconds left in overtime to lift Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos to a 16-13 victory Sunday over the Chargers, who've lost six straight games for the first time in 10 years.

The Broncos narrowly avoided the first NFL tie since Cincinnati and Philadelphia ended deadlocked at 13 on Nov. 16, 2008.

Big Foot takes pictures of Tim Tebow.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2134 on: November 28, 2011, 01:47:51 AM »

BAMA also demonstrated once again that they are clearly one of the two best teams in the nation. If the voters are fair, we should certainly be headed for a rematch with LSU in the National Championship.
Agreed.  I suppose a mindset of but Bama had their chance; someone else deserves a shot might impact some voters.  But that's not how the voting is designed to go, I don't think, so I see no legitimate reason that Alabama won't be playing for it all.

I still think the LSU-Georgia SEC Championship matchup is of interest.  Upset likely?  No way, but bigger upsets have happened.  How bad would it have to be to drop LSU all the way to #3?
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2135 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »

Tragic loss for Wales and everyone associated with football. May his memory be eternal.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2136 on: November 28, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »

BAMA also demonstrated once again that they are clearly one of the two best teams in the nation. If the voters are fair, we should certainly be headed for a rematch with LSU in the National Championship.
Agreed.  I suppose a mindset of but Bama had their chance; someone else deserves a shot might impact some voters.  But that's not how the voting is designed to go, I don't think, so I see no legitimate reason that Alabama won't be playing for it all.

I still think the LSU-Georgia SEC Championship matchup is of interest.  Upset likely?  No way, but bigger upsets have happened.  How bad would it have to be to drop LSU all the way to #3?

If LSU loses and drops below 2 it'll be one of the biggest disappointments of the ranking system for sure.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2137 on: November 28, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »

Norwegian Tippeligaen: Rosenborg 3 - 2 Viking. Rosenborg finish the season in 3rd place behind Molde and Tromsø, very disappointing year.

http://www.rbk.no/incoming/article215870.ece

English Premier League: Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle United

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Nov/manchester-united-v-newcastle-match-report.aspx

Australian A-League: Sydney FC 1 - 2 Wellington. Disappointing loss for the sky blues, pretty upset about this one.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/matchcentre/Wellington-Phoenix-FC-v-Sydney-FC-Hyundai-A-League/2125

Forgive my sins.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2138 on: November 28, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »

How about that Barca loss Daniel?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2139 on: November 28, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »

How about that Barca loss Daniel?

This.  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #2140 on: November 28, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »

The one time Rio does something good and the linesman calls a penalty.....*sigh*

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #2141 on: November 29, 2011, 03:54:43 AM »

Go Dawgs!!

Now I have already begun praying for this game, because we are sure going to need it.  But you are right, crazier things have happened.  The thing about Georgia is that we have improved over the course of the season.  Maybe I am crazy, but I think if we were to play Boise St. and South Carolin again now, we'd beat both.  We were sloppy early on.  Sure, our schedule wasnt as hard as it usually is, but if we play as well as we have lately (particularly the auburn game) the SEC championship might be a closer game than a lot of people think...

Probably none of you care, but im proud of my dawgs! Best 2 loss team IMO. Definitely shouldnt have dropped in the rankings after dominating Ga Tech....

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #2142 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:25 AM »

Tragic loss for Wales and everyone associated with football. May his memory be eternal.

Thanks for posting this, Celtic.  Shocking news.  Great player, universally respected and well liked man, but leaves a wife and two kids.  So many are shaken up by this.  I know Sheffield United, where Gary finished his playing career and debuted as a manager, is having some nice tributes.

Lord, have mercy!  He will be missed.

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2143 on: November 29, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »

Sure, our schedule wasnt as hard as it usually is, but if we play as well as we have lately (particularly the auburn game) the SEC championship might be a closer game than a lot of people think...
Agree.  LSU can be beaten.   They're a darn good football team for sure, but in the end they're still just a football team.  The team who'll beat them will HAVE to be on top of every phase of their game for four full quarters.  That's a tall order.

Quote from: Timon
Probably none of you care, but im proud of my dawgs! Best 2 loss team IMO. Definitely shouldnt have dropped in the rankings after dominating Ga Tech....
Best 2-loss team?  Dunno that I can agree with that one.  Arkansas' only losses each came against the top two teams in the country.  That's a rather solid resume.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2144 on: November 29, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »

If LSU and Alabama play again, and Alabama wins, say, by 3 points, then who becomes the national champion?

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2145 on: November 29, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »

If LSU and Alabama play again, and Alabama wins, say, by 3 points, then who becomes the national champion?

The Houston Cougars...

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2146 on: November 30, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »

LSU and BAMA are clearly the two best two teams in the country. It will be a shame if they don't get to play in a rematch for the National Championship. But I'm afraid that the anti-SEC bias - and especially the anti-BAMA bias - will prevail. But if you want to see a truly great National Championship game, then you should hope for BAMA v. LSU.

Also, I predict that the anti-Southern bias will cost Trent Richardson the Heisman. However, I will say that I think Andrew Luck and perhaps even Robert Griffen III are worthy Heisman winners. So if Trent doesn't win it I will be disappointed, but I won't think that it's a travesty of justice. However, if BAMA doesn't get into the National Championship game, that will be a travesty of justice.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2147 on: November 30, 2011, 02:21:59 AM »

LSU and BAMA are clearly the two best two teams in the country. It will be a shame if they don't get to play in a rematch for the National Championship. But I'm afraid that the anti-SEC bias
What anti-SEC bias?

- and especially the anti-BAMA bias -
What anti-BAMA bias?

will prevail.
Paranoia much? Wink
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #2148 on: November 30, 2011, 02:32:10 AM »

Quote from: Timon
Best 2-loss team?  Dunno that I can agree with that one.  Arkansas' only losses each came against the top two teams in the country.  That's a rather solid resume.

Youre right. I had a brain fart. I forgot about Arkansas' 2 losses.  It was late when I typed that.  Ill settle for 2nd best two loss team...but I also might be a little bit biased... Smiley

Even if we do lose, like most people are expecting including myself, I just hope its at least a good game.  I have no problem losing to a team thats genuinely better, but hopefully we'll put up a respectable fight.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:32:37 AM by Timon » Logged

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2149 on: November 30, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »

"On the night before he delivered the Denver Broncos to their fourth straight win, Tim Tebow was asked by coach John Fox to address his teammates.

According to the Denver Post, Tebow turned to the Bible, quoting Proverbs 27:17: "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
Tebow's motivational message worked. The Broncos put together their third fourth-quarter comeback since Tebow took over for starter Kyle Orton, rallying past rival San Diego for a 16-13 overtime win.

"He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," rookie linebacker Von Miller told The Post. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."

Tebow, when told of his teammates' reaction to Saturday's speech, was touched.

"It was a huge honor," Tebow told The Post of being given the chance to speak. "I just tried to share from the heart.""
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:55:20 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2150 on: November 30, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2151 on: December 01, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »

"On the night before he delivered the Denver Broncos to their fourth straight win, Tim Tebow was asked by coach John Fox to address his teammates.

According to the Denver Post, Tebow turned to the Bible, quoting Proverbs 27:17: "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
Tebow's motivational message worked. The Broncos put together their third fourth-quarter comeback since Tebow took over for starter Kyle Orton, rallying past rival San Diego for a 16-13 overtime win.

"He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," rookie linebacker Von Miller told The Post. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."

Tebow, when told of his teammates' reaction to Saturday's speech, was touched.

"It was a huge honor," Tebow told The Post of being given the chance to speak. "I just tried to share from the heart.""

Well, I'll give Tebow this: What he can't do with his arm he'll do with his feet. First QB in 50+ years (?) to run the ball more than 20 times in a game?
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #2152 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13:02 AM »

Selam

Im not completely sure.... but I THINK you are an Alabama fan... am i right???  Grin

As a Dawg fan, Ill gladly support Alabama as long as you promise to destroy Auburn every year like you did this year.  Man, I hate Auburn. Almost as much as Florida.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #2153 on: December 01, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »

As a Dawg fan, Ill gladly support Alabama as long as you promise to destroy Auburn every year like you did this year.  Man, I hate Auburn. Almost as much as Florida.

+1 to all counts.

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2154 on: December 02, 2011, 01:23:18 AM »

Auburn ain't that bad. Now, Georgia Tech, that's downright evil.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #2155 on: December 02, 2011, 02:03:07 AM »

Thats true. Lately, ive been trying to not even pay georgia tech any attention.  Theyre never really a threat to us, so Id rather just focus on conference games. Ha.  The weird thing is that when the two teams play, its the biggest game ever for GT.  Its just not the biggest game for us at all. I have so many Tech fan friends who HATE Georgia so much. Its like they hate us more than they like tech. I dont get it. Why not worry more about their conference games??? For such smart kids, they sure are morons...

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2156 on: December 02, 2011, 02:11:07 AM »

Don't be talkin' about the Yellow Jackets! That's my #2 team after the TIDE! My father and my sister both went to Georgia Tech. (Unfortunately, I didn't inherit the intellectual genes.)

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2157 on: December 02, 2011, 02:14:31 AM »

As a Dawg fan, Ill gladly support Alabama as long as you promise to destroy Auburn every year like you did this year.  Man, I hate Auburn. Almost as much as Florida.

Don't be talkin' about the Yellow Jackets!
I hate yellow jackets. Tongue One of those ****s once flew up and popped me in the lip. Gave me a fat lip for about an hour or so. OUCH!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:20:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2158 on: December 02, 2011, 03:26:25 AM »

Thats true. Lately, ive been trying to not even pay georgia tech any attention.  Theyre never really a threat to us, so Id rather just focus on conference games. Ha.  The weird thing is that when the two teams play, its the biggest game ever for GT.  Its just not the biggest game for us at all. I have so many Tech fan friends who HATE Georgia so much. Its like they hate us more than they like tech. I dont get it. Why not worry more about their conference games??? For such smart kids, they sure are morons...

But you know what a UGA grad calls a Tech grad?   "Boss"  Wink

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2159 on: December 02, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »

When former quarterback Kurt Warner became an overnight sensation for the St. Louis Rams in the late 1990s, he rubbed a few people the wrong way for his outspoken Christian faith. He says he learned the hard way that he should've been more sparing with his religious rhetoric, and that he should've simply let his actions do most of the talking.

Now he's got the same advice for Tim Tebow, the rising star QB for the Denver Broncos who is also outspoken about his Christian faith. In an interview with the Arizona Republic, Warner said that Tebow should tone it down a bit -- maybe even on the "Tebowing."

"You can't help but cheer for a guy like that," Warner told the newspaper. "But I'd tell him, 'Put down the boldness in regards to the words, and keep living the way you're living. Let your teammates do the talking for you. Let them cheer on your testimony.'
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:07:24 AM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: