OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 06:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 408172 times) Average Rating: 5
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #1980 on: October 31, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »

Im not concerned. Hopefully the man of glass will shatter again and not be a concern....RVP is the only real threat left.

And I'm sorry, but a Man U fan referring to Man City as "Money City" just makes me laugh, but I'm not surprised to hear such a thing from a Scum supporter

Granted, Man Utd's label is worth far more than Man City's, when it comes to free wheeling spending nobody does it like Al Citeh.

However, as history shows us (hello Gretna FC, Wolfsburg, etc) the money will run out. Im sure once Sheikh Mansoor cant oppress the world with his and his pal's overpriced oil Al Citeh will once again be put back in its place under the heading, "Man City? Oh yeah thats that little club Ricky Hatton likes...isn't it?"

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #1981 on: November 01, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »

United 1 - Everton 0

All we need is a victory at home and a champions league win with Oletul and I'll say crisis averted. The rest of united's schedule in 2011 is pretty easy except for a Newcastle match that gives me a little pause.....

PP

Well, we need to beat Oletul (should be fairly easy), but also Benfica more than likely, to advance to the group stage, otherwise we would have to win on the road in Basel, which is harder than it sounds.

As for the league, I am concerned of the Jan 22 match up at The Emirates, because Arsenal are looking good right now. Not to mention the 28th of April when we head across town to face Money City FC and there super star line up in their stadium.

And I'm sorry, but a Man U fan referring to Man City as "Money City" just makes me laugh, but I'm not surprised to hear such a thing from a Scum supporter.

First off, I'm 100% positive you wouldn't say that to my face. Secondly, United has history and tradition. City has neither and just buys stars with money. Players dont just go to United for money, but also for the tradition and history.

Forgive my sins.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #1982 on: November 01, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »

United 1 - Everton 0

All we need is a victory at home and a champions league win with Oletul and I'll say crisis averted. The rest of united's schedule in 2011 is pretty easy except for a Newcastle match that gives me a little pause.....

PP

Well, we need to beat Oletul (should be fairly easy), but also Benfica more than likely, to advance to the group stage, otherwise we would have to win on the road in Basel, which is harder than it sounds.

As for the league, I am concerned of the Jan 22 match up at The Emirates, because Arsenal are looking good right now. Not to mention the 28th of April when we head across town to face Money City FC and there super star line up in their stadium.

And I'm sorry, but a Man U fan referring to Man City as "Money City" just makes me laugh, but I'm not surprised to hear such a thing from a Scum supporter.

First off, I'm 100% positive you wouldn't say that to my face. Secondly, United has history and tradition. City has neither and just buys stars with money. Players dont just go to United for money, but also for the tradition and history.
(youtube video with accurate feelings towards man united and slight vulgarity)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1m7LP3jYUI&feature=related

the anthem of the true football club
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYfi_Ex_gM

SCREW BON JOVI!
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1983 on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »

United 1 - Everton 0

PP

(youtube video with accurate feelings towards man united and slight vulgarity)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1m7LP3jYUI&feature=related

the anthem of the true football club
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYfi_Ex_gM

Ummm...yes the great Chelsea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9I-SEEF94Y

I come from 3 generations of United supporters, dont mess with me.  Wink

Forgive my sins.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #1984 on: November 01, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »

*ahem* Sorry, my singing voice aint what it used to be.....

Stamford Bridge is never full,
Oh Stamford Bridge is never full
unless your playing Man United
Oh Stamford Bridge is never full

*cough cough* oh, gotta get some water...I choked on the greatness.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1985 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »

United 2 - Otelul Galati 0 in the European Cup match last night.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Nov/manchester-united-v-otelul-galati-match-report.aspx

Forgive my sins.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1986 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »

Tim Tebow played poorly this past Sunday in a losing effort against the Detroit Lions. I have nothing more to say about that. What I do want to address is the new craze that has captured the hearts and minds of millions of Tim Tebow fans around the world: "Tebowing."

For the uninitiated, Tebowing is defined as, "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different." While Tebow has been caught Tebowing at different times in his young career, the rage only began last week when he led the Broncos to a thrilling overtime victory over the Miami Dolphins. At the end of that game the cameras panned to Tebow and, as if on cue, he began Tebowing.

The definition and concept of Tebowing, as well as its name, are the brainchild of Denver native Jared Kleinstein, who now runs the popular website Tebowing.com. On it you can find hundreds of "up to the minute" uploads of people Tebowing. Among the many pictures, there is one of a young boy Tebowing while undergoing chemotherapy, which actually caught Tebow's attention. I find the pictures amusing, cute and mostly done in good taste.
Tebow, however, is supportive of the concept. Here's what we had to say about it after practice this past Friday: "Yeah, some people don't necessarily take it seriously but they're on their knee praying, so who knows what you're going to think about after that and how that can affect you? Hopefully, it's a good example for people."

Tebow's assessment -- that the pros of Tebowing outweigh the cons -- is found in the Jewish tradition. The Talmud teaches, Mitoch shelo lishma ba lishma. This means that if a person, initially, develops good habits or good behaviors for the "wrong" reasons, eventually he will begin to do those same behaviors for the "right" reasons. Based on this concept, Maimonidies asserts that people should be encouraged to fulfill God's will by being offered incentives for religious observance.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:11:57 AM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1987 on: November 03, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »

Tim Tebow played poorly this past Sunday in a losing effort against the Detroit Lions. I have nothing more to say about that. What I do want to address is the new craze that has captured the hearts and minds of millions of Tim Tebow fans around the world: "Tebowing."

For the uninitiated, Tebowing is defined as, "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different." While Tebow has been caught Tebowing at different times in his young career, the rage only began last week when he led the Broncos to a thrilling overtime victory over the Miami Dolphins. At the end of that game the cameras panned to Tebow and, as if on cue, he began Tebowing.

The definition and concept of Tebowing, as well as its name, are the brainchild of Denver native Jared Kleinstein, who now runs the popular website Tebowing.com. On it you can find hundreds of "up to the minute" uploads of people Tebowing. Among the many pictures, there is one of a young boy Tebowing while undergoing chemotherapy, which actually caught Tebow's attention. I find the pictures amusing, cute and mostly done in good taste.
Tebow, however, is supportive of the concept. Here's what we had to say about it after practice this past Friday: "Yeah, some people don't necessarily take it seriously but they're on their knee praying, so who knows what you're going to think about after that and how that can affect you? Hopefully, it's a good example for people."

Tebow's assessment -- that the pros of Tebowing outweigh the cons -- is found in the Jewish tradition. The Talmud teaches, Mitoch shelo lishma ba lishma. This means that if a person, initially, develops good habits or good behaviors for the "wrong" reasons, eventually he will begin to do those same behaviors for the "right" reasons. Based on this concept, Maimonidies asserts that people should be encouraged to fulfill God's will by being offered incentives for religious observance.
I guess I just prefer Troy Polamalu's public displays of Christian piety over Tim Tebow's. Crossing oneself before every play seems more organic and less like showboating than Tebow's "Tebowing".
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1988 on: November 03, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »

All right! That's more like it.  Grin

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #1989 on: November 03, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »

Rooney as a midfielder too. A darn good one. Man, I wished for that last year.

PP

Gregory the Great

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1990 on: November 04, 2011, 02:09:17 AM »

I guess I just prefer Troy Polamalu's public displays of Christian piety over Tim Tebow's. Crossing oneself before every play seems more organic and less like showboating than Tebow's "Tebowing".

I also prefer Troy's demonstration of faith over Tebow's, but that's because I prefer his faith over Tebow's.  Wink

However, let's not pretend that Tebow is the first football player to go down on one knee in prayer after a touchdown. People have been doing that for quite a while. But I don't pass judgment on Tebow's actions, because only God knows his heart. And I'd rather see someone praying after a touchdown than engaging in some orchestrated, choreographed display of ostentation that involves props like Sharpies, popcorn, and pom poms. But hey, that's just me.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1991 on: November 04, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »

Rooney as a midfielder too. A darn good one. Man, I wished for that last year.

PP

I know, he was awesome. The man has even played fullback in some matches and was increadibly, he is totalfootball.

Forgive my sins.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1992 on: November 05, 2011, 12:37:06 AM »

LSU defensive end Sam Montgomery committed football blasphemy, at least in the minds of Alabama fans, when he was asked earlier this week about Bear Bryant.

"I don't know anything about Bear Bryant," Montgomery said. "I really haven't looked at film that much."

Apparently, Montgomery thought he was being asked about one of the current Alabama players.

When told that Bryant was a former coach at Alabama, Montgomery responded, "Oh, a coach. I have no idea. I wouldn't know anything about that. Too way back for me. I thought Bear Bryant was a player."
Roll Eyes
Alabama will win on Saturday, unless LSU scores more points.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:46:54 AM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1993 on: November 05, 2011, 01:01:06 AM »

LSU will win on Saturday

Fixed that for you.

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1994 on: November 05, 2011, 01:44:03 AM »

LSU will win on Saturday

Fixed that for you.
Well, you do know that ULS is an anagram of LSU, don't you? Kiss
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:44:12 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #1995 on: November 05, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

As much as I love Troy for repping the Orthodox on the big-time of the NFL, especially Superbowl caliber,  I'm hoping my Ravens will eat them for dinner this Sunday Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #1996 on: November 05, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »

I too hope that the Ravens beat the Steelers, because Pittsburgh is a bigger threat to Cincy for the AFC North slot.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1997 on: November 05, 2011, 04:53:31 PM »

Should be a great game in a few hours. I'm SO ready! Nothing like college football! Enjoy it everyone. Smiley

ROLL TIDE!

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1998 on: November 05, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »

"Sweet Home Alabama - Roll Tide Roll"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1HNa7rXf4

"Yea Alabama"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMH7XfB7e4

63 Boyz- "Give 'Em Hell (Bama Anthem)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2XB4rYrUbE.

Selam

Video titles added to post as provided by poster   -PtA
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:58:58 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1999 on: November 05, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »

"Sweet Home Alabama - Roll Tide Roll"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1HNa7rXf4
I like this Skynyrd song. When I tell people I grew up in a town called Sweet Home, I often get the response: "Sweet Home, Alabama?" laugh
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2000 on: November 05, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »

From what little I've seen of the box score for the LSU/Bama game, it looks as if it's turning into a great game for lovers of good, hard nosed defense.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2001 on: November 05, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »

How much is 1.5 x 0? I guess the LSU and Alabama football teams are about to find out, since this gave is going overtime. Hey, with each team having an equal opportunity to score from the 25, maybe someone will actually score a TD.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2002 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:59 PM »

Sorry, Gebre.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2003 on: November 05, 2011, 11:39:08 PM »

How much is 1.5 x 0? I guess the LSU and Alabama football teams are about to find out, since this gave is going overtime. Hey, with each team having an equal opportunity to score from the 25, maybe someone will actually score a TD.
I guess not.

Bama misses FG from 52 yards out.
LSU makes FG from 25 yards out.

Final: LSU 9, Alabama 6 (OT)
George_Mina_Awad

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #2004 on: November 05, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »

Great game.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2005 on: November 05, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2006 on: November 05, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

There were at least three big BS calls in the Bama/LSU game.

The "interception" when LSU took it out of Bama's hands after being down, the "holding" LSU had when he horse-collared someone, and the "blocking the back" against Bama on our interception.

I'm going to need this.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2007 on: November 06, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »

Next week: Oregon at Stanford. The Ducks are already out of the running for the BCS championship, but they have a great shot to spoil the Cardinal's BCS title hopes.

For Bama to have any hope now of making it to the BCS title game, they pretty much need unbeaten Stanford and Oklahoma State to lose, and the Ducks can help by beating the Cardinal next week.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:01:34 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2008 on: November 06, 2011, 12:00:53 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

The "interception" when LSU took it out of Bama's hands after being down, the "holding" LSU had when he horse-collared someone, and the "blocking the back" against Bama on our interception.
Only crybabies whine about losing the game to the refs. Wink
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2009 on: November 06, 2011, 12:09:56 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

I'm not blaming the game on the refs, but they defiantly changed the results.

It is a 9 to 6 game. Field goals only. Last 3 points made in OT. It was that close of a game between two good teams. So, yeah, a BS interception call or two can make the difference.

But yeah, "if only's" don't change anything.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:14:32 AM by Aindriú » Logged

I'm going to need this.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2010 on: November 06, 2011, 12:56:19 AM »

Sorry, Gebre.

Thanks Peter. This one hurts. Those two defenses proved why they are the best in the nation. To hold each other's offenses to 6 and 9 points, wow!

More assessment of this game later.

Selam

George_Mina_Awad

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #2011 on: November 06, 2011, 01:05:29 AM »

BCS Championship rematch?
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2012 on: November 06, 2011, 01:25:14 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

Well, that's not exactly fair. It's always legitimate to complain about legitimately bad calls. And when two teams are this evenly matched, then one call can determine the outcome.

However, I don't think this game was determined by the officials' calls, but rather by our own play calls. Why are we trying field goals from 40+ yards when we don't have a kicker who can kick one over 35? Punt the ball and pin them deep, and then let our #1 defense have an opportunity to cause a turnover and possibly score on a defensive play! That really frustrated me.

Also, we didn't give Trent enough opportunities. He only touched the ball about 3 times in the third quarter. And in the fourth, when we were finally wearing their D-line down and Trent had just broken a run for 20+ yards, we decide to try some trick play that resulted in an INT. So, Nick Saban has to own this one (and I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world).

Now, let me address Aindriu's concerns:

1. The "interception":  I personally think that Michael Williams caught the ball. But as I constantly instruct my sons when I coach them, if you get two hands on the ball then you HAVE to secure it. Especially when you know that the refs may be looking for any opportunity NOT to give you the benefit of the doubt, you have to do everything in your power to deny them that opportunity. Yes, our guy caught the ball; but he gave the refs the opportunity to deny him that catch. You have to tuck that ball away and remove all doubt. So, I can't blame the outcome of the game on that call.

2. The "holding" call: One of the most disgraceful displays from an athlete that I've ever seen. I think the kid should have been thrown out of the game. Should have been a 30 yard penalty- 15 yards for holding and another 15 yards for a personal foul. Another thing that really irritated me was how Gary Danielson kept calling the deliberate cheap shot (which sent Dre Kirkpatrick out of the game with a shoulder injury and a concussion) a "mistake." Unbelievable!

3. The "block in the back" on our INT return: A good call. We did indeed clip on that play- not only once, but twice.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2013 on: November 06, 2011, 01:26:51 AM »

BCS Championship rematch?

I hope so. But if we don't get the rematch, I can't complain. Tonight was our opportunity, and we didn't get it done.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2014 on: November 06, 2011, 01:38:10 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

It is a 9 to 6 game. Field goals only. Last 3 points made in OT. It was that close of a game between two good teams. So, yeah, a BS interception call or two can make the difference.

I'll tell you what really lost the game for the Tide: In a game they lost by a field goal in OT, the Tide missed three field goals in regulation.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:38:33 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Cymbyz
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #2015 on: November 06, 2011, 01:56:16 AM »

They weren't as titanic as the LSU-Bama game, but all my almae matres won handily.  Texas pounded Texas Tech, which was probably still trying to recover from that upset by Iowa State.  TCU got it done against Wyoming, but had to overcome some sloppy play in the process.  And Cal finally found someone more mercurial than they were, and beat Washington State decisively.

Boisie State is currently chewing up UNLV--not unexpectedly.  They may run the table this year (dunno if TCU can beat them on the Smurf turf).  They probably won't get to play for the BCS, but how about a run against the winner of the Big Ten (Let's give OSU's Pres. Gee another chance to embarrass himself)?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:57:17 AM by Cymbyz » Logged

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2016 on: November 06, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS LSU!

Selam

I'll tell you what really lost the game for the Tide: In a game they lost by a field goal in OT, the Tide missed three field goals in regulation.

No kidding?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:11:36 AM by Aindriú » Logged

I'm going to need this.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2017 on: November 06, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Eddie Royal returned a punt 85 yards for the tiebreaking score, Willie McGahee ran for 163 yards and Tim Tebow threw two touchdown passes to lead the Denver Broncos to a 38-24 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Tim Tebow can get Chick-Fil-A on Sundays.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:42:16 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2018 on: November 07, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

I am currently doing workouts for the Houston Dynamo Major League Soccer team and they are putting me on trial this coming January. If I do well enough I should recieve a sizeable contract. My goal though, is to go to europe to make the big money within the next 3 years.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2019 on: November 07, 2011, 05:04:56 PM »

LSU! LSU! LSU!

LSU 9 - Alabama 6

GREAT GAME.

I am very proud of my school, great win, it could've definitely went either way. Like Les said, I'd be honoured for a re-match with Alabama in January, we are the two best teams after all.  Smiley

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27815&SPID=2164&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205328504&DB_OEM_ID=5200

In the English Premier League, Manchester United 1 - Sunderland 0

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Nov/manchester-united-v-sunderland-match-report.aspx

My (possible) future employer, the Houston Dynamo, advance to the MLS Cup Final to play the Los Angeles Galaxy after defeating Sporting Kansas City 2 - 0.

http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2011/11/dynamo-keep-rolling-knock-sporting-kc-advance-mls-cup

In the Danish Superliga, F.C. København defeat Lyngby BK 3 - 0.

http://www.fck.dk/0611_fc_koebenhavn_-_lyngby_boldklub/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:07:26 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2020 on: November 07, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »

I am currently doing workouts for the Houston Dynamo Major League Soccer team and they are putting me on trial this coming January. If I do well enough I should recieve a sizeable contract. My goal though, is to go to europe to make the big money within the next 3 years.

That's great brother. Best of luck to you!

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2021 on: November 07, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »

LSU! LSU! LSU!

LSU 9 - Alabama 6

GREAT GAME.

I am very proud of my school, great win, it could've definitely went either way. Like Les said, I'd be honoured for a re-match with Alabama in January, we are the two best teams after all.  Smiley

Congrats again on a great win. For those who truly know football, that was a great game to watch. I hated that we fell short, but you guys definitely deserved the win. Those might be the best two defenses that anyone will see for many years. I hope we get a rematch; but if not, we can't complain. We had our opportunity, and we didn't get it done. BTW, I hope you guys will now stop your fixation with Saban-bashing and recognize what a great coach you truly have in Les Miles. I still wouldn't trade Saban for anyone else, but your guy has a winning record against our guy. So give him his props and show him some love. Wink

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2022 on: November 07, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »

I have already made it clear that LSU deserved to win the game Saturday night. So, I'm only posting this picture in the interest of objectivity. The rule book states that if there is a "simultaneous catch" then the benefit of the doubt should be given to the offensive player. The rule is analogous to the "tie goes to the runner" rule in baseball. That being said, I think it was a poor play call to begin with. Trent Richardson had just broken a 24 yard run, and we were deep inside LSU territory. We were finally wearing their defensive line down a little bit, and we only needed another 10 yards to be well within even our field goal kickers' capacity. So, I'm not saying that this call was why we lost the game. Also, like I constantly teach my own sons, you HAVE to secure the ball. Don't give the officials any reason to make a call against you. Anyway, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I think this one is worth a look.

Selam

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2023 on: November 07, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »

For baseball fans: if you miss the game now that the Series is over, the Arizona Fall League games are being broadcast on the MLB network.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #2024 on: November 07, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »

This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but it was one of the most disgraceful acts I've ever seen in any sporting event. Our best defensive back, Dre Kirkpatrick - who also plays the "gunner" position on punt coverage - had flat out beaten #7 (Tyrann Matthieu, aka the "honey badger," who incidentally had been suspended the week before for illegal drug use) on this play. So, #7 is embarrassed and decides to deliberately try to take our guy out of the game with a clothes-line cross to the neck. Mission accomplished. Dre Kirkpatrick left the game with a shoulder injury and a concussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZar2gZP-E&feature=share

In a half-hearted apology, Tyrann Matthieu tweeted on Sunday:
"TM7_Era: S/O to Dre didn't mean to do what I did but it's a technique that we practice, you were just tall as (expletive deleted) and fast as you kno what! Goodluck"

I have both played and coached football, and I have never in my life heard of any such "technique" that involves deliberately clothes-lining or delivering a forearm blow to the head of an opposing player.

But lest we think that the apology of LSU's #7 was insincere, here's what he tweeted today:
"TM7_Era: Never felt so hated on in my life!!! Sore losers"

Even though my team lost, I have never been prouder to be a BAMA fan. For us, the definition of "winner" is not merely defined by the numbers on the scoreboard. Thanks to our players for representing us so well, even in defeat!

ROLL TIDE!!!

Selam

Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: