OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 10:17:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 403529 times) Average Rating: 5
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #765 on: November 22, 2009, 11:50:23 PM »

Okay, so back to real football: Anyone watching the MLS final now?

Yep. Great game so far.

Selam
Fantastic. Glad to see Beckham hasn't dominated. I love games that are tied through most of it; you get to see the best efforts of all of the players as they struggle to snatch a lead.

Let's just hope it isn't decided by penalty kicks.

Selam
Yeah, that always seems like a cheap victory. But I guess it beats playing for a couple more hours.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #766 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02:49 AM »

Yep. Great game so far.

Selam
Fantastic. Glad to see Beckham hasn't dominated. I love games that are tied through most of it; you get to see the best efforts of all of the players as they struggle to snatch a lead.

Selam
Yeah, that always seems like a cheap victory. But I guess it beats playing for a couple more hours.

I think that at least Championship matches should be decided by the "Golden Goal."

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #767 on: November 23, 2009, 12:10:34 AM »

Yep. Great game so far.

Selam

Selam

I think that at least Championship matches should be decided by the "Golden Goal."

Selam
Perhaps after the full ninety, we could just play Golden Goal until one team gets one. In my opinion, that's a better way of deciding who's the better team. But then, I don't like the idea of playoffs at all; I'd much rather have an extensive round robin and declare the team with the best record the champion.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #768 on: November 23, 2009, 12:48:31 AM »

Well, it has gone to penalty kicks after all. Oh, well. Good game, all. Congratulations to Real Salt Lake and to Russell in particular. Kick of his life.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #769 on: November 23, 2009, 03:20:34 AM »

Yeah. Wow. Donovan missed his PK. He's gotta be hurting. Tough way to lose. But the Galaxy is a cool story nonetheless. I had to admire the way Beckham and Donovan put aside their differences and came together to lead their team to the Championship. I'm still not 100% sold on the MLS, but I respect it a lot more than I used to. I think Beckham coming here did a lot for it. I wonder why Donovan doesn't try to play in Europe. I think he's good enough.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #770 on: November 23, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »

I wonder why Donovan doesn't try to play in Europe. I think he's good enough.
And there's exactly the problem with MLS. It's always had a reputation for a lower level of competition than Europe, and so the best players go to Europe for more of a challenge. Until we can build up a world-class programme here, we're going to continue losing our best players. But in order to have a world-class league, we need a stronger fan base. One cannot pay world-class players when one cannot fill a 10,000-seat stadium.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #771 on: November 23, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

And there's exactly the problem with MLS. It's always had a reputation for a lower level of competition than Europe, and so the best players go to Europe for more of a challenge. Until we can build up a world-class programme here, we're going to continue losing our best players. But in order to have a world-class league, we need a stronger fan base. One cannot pay world-class players when one cannot fill a 10,000-seat stadium.

Yep. I get the impression that Donovan is committed to staying here in order to promote the growth of socer in the U.S. That's admirable. But I did notice that the Seattle stadium was not sold out for the MLS Championship game. That is sad. I think they need to bring ticket prices way down so that they can fill the stadiums. Then as the sport grows, they can raise the prices in time. But right now the primary MLS fan base is Hispanic, and I'm guessing that the ticket prices are not commensurate with that demographic.

Selam 

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #772 on: November 23, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »

Yep. I get the impression that Donovan is committed to staying here in order to promote the growth of socer in the U.S. That's admirable. But I did notice that the Seattle stadium was not sold out for the MLS Championship game. That is sad. I think they need to bring ticket prices way down so that they can fill the stadiums. Then as the sport grows, they can raise the prices in time. But right now the primary MLS fan base is Hispanic, and I'm guessing that the ticket prices are not commensurate with that demographic.

Selam 

Seattle has actually broken league records for high attendance.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #773 on: November 23, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »

Selam 
I don't know about that; I don't hear objections to MLS based on price. I can get tickets to a Wizards game for less than $10 each. No, the major objections I hear from serious football fans are that the level of competition is not up to par with other nations', and that the stadiums are shared with other sports (especially American football) and thus the pitches are not kept in the condition one would expect.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #774 on: November 23, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »

All I know is, I tuned in at maybe 11:30pm last night, in time to see the last few penalty kicks. And 10 minutes after the penalty kicks were over, when the players were celebrating on the field, they showed the seats and it seemed like 75% or more of the people had either left or were in the process of leaving.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #775 on: November 23, 2009, 10:17:50 PM »

All I know is, I tuned in at maybe 11:30pm last night, in time to see the last few penalty kicks. And 10 minutes after the penalty kicks were over, when the players were celebrating on the field, they showed the seats and it seemed like 75% or more of the people had either left or were in the process of leaving.

Well the game would have been over at that point. Smiley

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #776 on: November 23, 2009, 10:19:55 PM »

Well the game would have been over at that point. Smiley

Well, when the game was over at the super bowl... people generally stayed. And when the game was over in Detroit at the stanley cup finals, even though the home team had lost... people generally stayed.  Do you see the pattern here? Wink

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #777 on: November 29, 2009, 01:48:22 AM »

Will the Cleveland Browns hire the entire Florida Gators coaching staff after they draft Tim Tebow with their first round pick as Randy Lerner tries not to burn out another young QB?   Huh
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #778 on: November 29, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

Will the Cleveland Browns hire the entire Florida Gators coaching staff after they draft Tim Tebow with their first round pick as Randy Lerner tries not to burn out another young QB?   Huh

I don't want Tebow - he'll be a flop in the NFL, IMO.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #779 on: November 29, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »

I don't want Tebow - he'll be a flop in the NFL, IMO.

I was impressed by the running back from Stanford, Gerhart, as he bowled over a demoralized Notre Dame defense.  Perhaps Cleveland can take him with their first round pick unless Lerner is mesmerized by the Tebow hype.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #780 on: November 29, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »

Hopefully Randy will hire a strong GM, and then will give over the personnel selection to someone who knows what they are doing.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #781 on: November 29, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

The Browns D has been on the field for 20 minutes already.  For most teams, the D doesn't hit the 20 minute mark until the middle or end of the 3rd quarter. I submit that we'd have a middle-of-the-pack defense if the offense didn't have so many 3-and-outs.

---------------------
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #782 on: November 29, 2009, 03:29:07 PM »

I forget that Tampa Bay & St. Louis are also 1-9 and have an equal shot at Tebow as Cleveland.

Tebow (and his groupies) can make that short drive down I-4 from Gainesville to Tampa.  If Tebow bombs, at least the Glazers can send Tebow to Manchester United which could use another star.   Smiley
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #783 on: November 29, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »

The Tim Tebow Sweepstakes standings:

St. Louis: 1-10
Cleveland: 1-9
Tampa Bay: 1-9
Detroit: 2-9 (although Matthew Stafford maintains confidence under new coach Jim Schwartz)

Note, no NFL team has light blue and orange as their team colors.  The Bears and Broncos come close with navy blue and orange.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #784 on: November 29, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »

Grey Cup today! Go Riders Go!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #785 on: November 29, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »

All the talk about Tebow made me curious as to what spots the better quarterbacks in the league were selected at in the draft...

Tom Brady - Pick 199
Peyton Manning - Pick 1
Drew Brees - Pick 32
Kurt Warner - Undrafted
Brett Favre - Pick 33
Big Ben - Pick 11

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #786 on: November 29, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »

Grey Cup today! Go Riders Go!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #787 on: November 29, 2009, 09:15:10 PM »

Tom Brady - Pick 199
Peyton Manning - Pick 1
Drew Brees - Pick 32
Kurt Warner - Undrafted
Brett Favre - Pick 33
Big Ben - Pick 11

Asteriktos
I know you're a Steelers fan but is Big Ben really one of the elite QBs in the NFL at the moment?  Sure, two Super Bowl rings, but in the immortal words of Georges St. Pierre, "I am not impressed with your (Big Ben's) performance(s)."  In my opinion, the most overrated QB in the NFL at the moment.
Tebow will not be one of the early draft picks imo.
Fr. George, I feel your pain too.  In addition to the Browns the Redskins need a GM as well.  Thankfully for Redskins fans, Snyder has burnt so many bridges that the next head coach he hires will have more power at the negotiating tables and perhaps will be able to bring in a GM.  Redskins Nation is tired of Snyder and the majority want changes in the front office.  With that said, Hail to the Burgundy and Gold.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:17:55 PM by coptic orthodox boy » Logged
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #788 on: November 29, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »

The NY Jets did something unusual today; they WON!

I'm a happy girl!  Grin

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #789 on: November 29, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »

Tom Brady - Pick 199
Peyton Manning - Pick 1
Drew Brees - Pick 32
Kurt Warner - Undrafted
Brett Favre - Pick 33
Big Ben - Pick 11

Asteriktos
I know you're a Steelers fan but is Big Ben really one of the elite QBs in the NFL at the moment?  Sure, two Super Bowl rings, but in the immortal words of Georges St. Pierre, "I am not impressed with your (Big Ben's) performance(s)."  In my opinion, the most overrated QB in the NFL at the moment.

I think if I had to list the top 6 QB's in the league, sure, I'd list him. Admittedly, it'd be at #6. It's hard to tell exactly how good or bad he is, because the defense often carries the Steelers, and the Steelers have 3 adequate (if not great) receivers at their positions, in Holmes, Ward and Miller (and the rookie Wallace isn't bad for what little experience he has). And fwiw, I have no problems expressing displeasure with Pittsburgh athletes if I think they deserve it... for instance Sidney Crosby and his whining, not to mention his proclivity for falling down on the ice every other shift. I wouldn't call Ben an "elite" quarterback (a term I'd use only for Brady, Manning, and Brees), but I think he's solidified his spot among the good QB's in the league.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #790 on: November 29, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »

Tom Brady - Pick 199
Peyton Manning - Pick 1
Drew Brees - Pick 32
Kurt Warner - Undrafted
Brett Favre - Pick 33
Big Ben - Pick 11

Asteriktos

I think if I had to list the top 6 QB's in the league, sure, I'd list him. Admittedly, it'd be at #6. It's hard to tell exactly how good or bad he is, because the defense often carries the Steelers, and the Steelers have 3 adequate (if not great) receivers at their positions, in Holmes, Ward and Miller (and the rookie Wallace isn't bad for what little experience he has). And fwiw, I have no problems expressing displeasure with Pittsburgh athletes if I think they deserve it... for instance Sidney Crosby and his whining, not to mention his proclivity for falling down on the ice every other shift. I wouldn't call Ben an "elite" quarterback (a term I'd use only for Brady, Manning, and Brees), but I think he's solidified his spot among the good QB's in the league.
IIRC, Big Ben, until this year, also thrived in an offense that committed itself to running the football and used his passes most often to support the run.  Such QBs will often have some success because of the larger passing lanes opened up by the opposing defenses' commitment to stopping the run.  That's quite different from those other offenses where the QB is the prime mover.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:51:19 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »

Tom Brady - Pick 199
Peyton Manning - Pick 1
Drew Brees - Pick 32
Kurt Warner - Undrafted
Brett Favre - Pick 33
Big Ben - Pick 11

Asteriktos

IIRC, Big Ben, until this year, also thrived in an offense that committed itself to running the football and used his passes most often to support the run.  Such QBs will often have some success because of the larger passing lanes opened up by the opposing defenses' commitment to stopping the run.  That's quite different from those other offenses where the QB is the prime mover.

Well, I would agree with that. I would add though that the Steelers didn't run very well last year, and they still won the Super Bowl. Also, I'd still take Ben over the QB's I left off the list, such as Palmer, Flacco, Ryan, Cutler, Rivers, etc., but I admit that I am probably a bit biased. Anyway, I meant to post this during commercial, but my time is long since up! Smiley

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »

Tom Brady - Pick 199
Peyton Manning - Pick 1
Drew Brees - Pick 32
Kurt Warner - Undrafted
Brett Favre - Pick 33
Big Ben - Pick 11

Asteriktos

Well, I would agree with that. I would add though that the Steelers didn't run very well last year, and they still won the Super Bowl. Also, I'd still take Ben over the QB's I left off the list, such as Palmer, Flacco, Ryan, Cutler, Rivers, etc., but I admit that I am probably a bit biased. Anyway, I meant to post this during commercial, but my time is long since up! Smiley
I see you have one of the great all-time Oregon Duck QBs, Dennis Dixon, starting in Big Ben's stead tonight.  We would have had a real shot at the BCS national championship a couple of years ago if he hadn't blown out his ACL.  Oh well. Sad  It's often said that you have to also have a bit of luck on your side to win a championship, and ours ran out in Tucson that year.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #793 on: November 29, 2009, 11:07:19 PM »

What a horrible ending to a Grey Cup game!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #794 on: November 29, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »

Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:19:54 PM by Nebelpfade » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #795 on: November 29, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »

What?!  You don't like to see games decided by a buzzer-beating FG? Grin
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #796 on: November 29, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »

They missed the buzzer-beating field goal. They retook the field goal on a technicality.

coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #797 on: November 30, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »

Another boxing death:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7143796

Will state commisions ever come to realize that boxing gloves don't protect boxers' brains from brain damage but instead protect their hands. 
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #798 on: November 30, 2009, 12:58:33 AM »

The Cow College gave us all we could handle, but the character and class of champions prevailed in the end. BAMA won the Iron Bowl with a historic late 4th quarter 79 yard touchdown drive that gave the TIDE a 26-21 victory over Auburn.

We didn't play a good game. Mark Ingram was completely shut down, and our defense was uncharacteristically asleep in the 1st quarter. But our team made plays when we had to; and although Ingram struggled, other playmakers stepped up and filled the void.

This is the first time in ALABAMA's storied history that a team has won twelve regular season games back to back. And this is only Nick Saban's 3rd year! Urban Meyer is soon gonna regret not taking the Notre Dame job! Saban is serving serious notice to the SEC.

Next week it's St. Tebow and the Gators. Our boys haven't forgotten the taste of defeat from last year's SEC Championship loss. St. Tebow is great, but he'd better be ready to walk on water if he's going to conquer the TIDE this time!

But for now, all that matters is that we rolled over the cowpoke Aubies once again! That's good enough for me! Wink

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/various-productions-football/Alabama/POST-AUBURN-Nick-Saban-57785

ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!   ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!   ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!   ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!   ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!   ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!   ROLL  TIDE  ROLL!!!      

Selam
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:00:36 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #799 on: November 30, 2009, 01:07:21 AM »

They missed the buzzer-beating field goal. They retook the field goal on a technicality.
13 men on the field a technicality?  How many men are you allowed to have on the field in the CFL?
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #800 on: November 30, 2009, 01:36:55 AM »

Correction: Both Cleveland and Tampa Bay are 1-10 in the Tim Tebow Sweepstakes.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #801 on: November 30, 2009, 02:04:04 AM »

13 men on the field a technicality?  How many men are you allowed to have on the field in the CFL?

12. But the extra man did not touch the ball and in no way affected the play. Montreal missed the free kick. That's the bottom line. So technically, there was an "Illegal substitution - too many men on the field" violation. However, the extra man did not affect the play at all.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #802 on: November 30, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »

12. But the extra man did not touch the ball and in no way affected the play. Montreal missed the free kick. That's the bottom line. So technically, there was an "Illegal substitution - too many men on the field" violation. However, the extra man did not affect the play at all.

Whether it affected the play or not, I'm sure the CFL has the same rule as the NFL: can't end a game on a defensive penalty, no matter how minute.

---------------------
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #803 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:10 AM »

I have seen worse endings to a football game, like the video of the HS team that thought they had the game won when they blocked a FG but didn't realize that the ball was still live until the kicking team picked it up and ran it in for the game-winning TD as time expired.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #804 on: November 30, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »

Whether it affected the play or not, I'm sure the CFL has the same rule as the NFL: can't end a game on a defensive penalty, no matter how minute.

I suppose. Any team who blows a 17-point lead in the fourth quarter doesn't really deserve a championship anyhow.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #805 on: November 30, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »

I suppose. Any team who blows a 17-point lead in the fourth quarter doesn't really deserve a championship anyhow.
Any team that has one too many players on the field because the extra is too slow to leave the field as the kicking team attempts a championship-game-winning FG probably doesn't deserve to win a championship, either.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #806 on: November 30, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »

Agreed.

---------------------
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #807 on: December 04, 2009, 01:59:00 AM »

Oregon Ducks 37, Oregon State Beavers 33

Next up for the Ducks:  Ohio State Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl.

GO DUCKS!!!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #808 on: December 04, 2009, 02:13:17 AM »

Oregon Ducks 37, Oregon State Beavers 33

Next up for the Ducks:  Ohio State Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl.

GO DUCKS!!!

CONGRATS! Great win. Pulling for you guys in the Rose Bowl.

Selam

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #809 on: December 04, 2009, 02:25:54 AM »

The USC Chapter of Ducks Unlimited  Cool are going to have a meet and greet at the Rose Bowl before the game...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: