Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 1522451 times)

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
Re: The Sports Thread
« Reply #7245 on: February 08, 2016, 12:42:53 AM »
I'm not really a big NFL fan, but it was nice to see a great defensive game, and I'm glad Manning won two super bowls.

Biggest highlight:

Queen Bey.  Unfortunately she shared the stage with Bruno Mars and that other guy (?). I think she had less airtime than both of them.  Great dancing though.

also:

I surprisingly liked Lady Gaga's National Anthem.

Defense wins championships. 

I'm tired of people like Lady Gaga or even Bleeding Gums Murphy using the National Anthem as a way to showcase their chops. Just sing it as written and quit trying to make yourself the spotlight. One of teh many reasons I prefer a band to play it.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #7246 on: February 08, 2016, 12:48:58 AM »
My Dad liked Lady Gaga too.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #7247 on: February 08, 2016, 12:58:02 AM »
I'm not really a big NFL fan, but it was nice to see a great defensive game, and I'm glad Manning won two super bowls.

Biggest highlight:

Queen Bey.  Unfortunately she shared the stage with Bruno Mars and that other guy (?). I think she had less airtime than both of them.  Great dancing though.

also:

I surprisingly liked Lady Gaga's National Anthem.

Defense wins championships. 

I'm tired of people like Lady Gaga or even Bleeding Gums Murphy using the National Anthem as a way to showcase their chops. Just sing it as written and quit trying to make yourself the spotlight. One of teh many reasons I prefer a band to play it.

I thought she sang it pretty clean, that may be the best I've ever heard her sing (not that I'm an astute listener of Lady Gaga).  Also, bands can drag out a song just as needlessly as the voice...it's merely using a different instrument.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:59:07 AM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7248 on: February 08, 2016, 01:23:22 AM »
Poor Scam didn't want to get hurt diving on the ground to recover his own fumble. It's not like it's the Super Bowl or anything. What a joke. But keep dabbin' Scam. It's all about YOU baby!

Selam

While it was great to see Ted Ginn have a nice game, Cam Newton was the most effective offensive player in the game.  I think at the end he was rattled, but he was the best offensive player on the field.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:24:26 AM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #7249 on: February 08, 2016, 01:37:59 AM »
Poor Scam didn't want to get hurt diving on the ground to recover his own fumble. It's not like it's the Super Bowl or anything. What a joke. But keep dabbin' Scam. It's all about YOU baby!
Your hypocrisy is showing. ;)

A few years ago, when the Americans blew a huge lead and lost the Ryder Cup to the Europeans, you berated us for focusing on how the Americans choked and not giving the European team credit for an historic comeback. Now look at what you're doing. The Denver Broncos just won the Super Bowl, but you're not giving any credit at all to Peyton Manning, Von Miller, John Elway, et al., for what they did to upset the mighty Panthers in the biggest game of the season. Instead, you're taking advantage of this opportunity to continue to disparage an athlete who had the misfortune of graduating from your team's arch-rival Auburn.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:57:48 AM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7250 on: February 08, 2016, 01:43:29 AM »
I'm glad Peyton got his second ring, but I'm pretty sure John Elway could have come out of retirement and played a more effective game.
Sometimes, though, it's good to acknowledge how one's capabilities have been diminished by age, recognize the team one has around him, and play to the strengths of that team. For once, Peyton could only take on the role of a game manager (i.e., just don't turn the ball over), and, with the exception of the pick and the fumble (which Cam matched and even exceeded), he did an excellent job in that role. Not the Peyton Manning of old, but the old Peyton Manning doing what his team needed him to do to win.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:47:31 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #7251 on: February 08, 2016, 01:44:02 AM »
Biggest highlight:

Chris Martin of Coldplay
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Sam G

• OC.net guru
  • One Rome to rule them all.
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
« Reply #7252 on: February 08, 2016, 02:02:17 AM »
I'm glad Peyton got his second ring, but I'm pretty sure John Elway could have come out of retirement and played a more effective game.
Sometimes, though, it's good to acknowledge how one's capabilities have been diminished by age, recognize the team one has around him, and play to the strengths of that team. For once, Peyton could only take on the role of a game manager (i.e., just don't turn the ball over), and, with the exception of the pick and the fumble (which Cam matched and even exceeded), he did an excellent job in that role. Not the Peyton Manning of old, but the old Peyton Manning doing what his team needed him to do to win.

+1

Best way I've seen it put yet.
"Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity."

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7253 on: February 08, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
Who the hell came up with the idea for that puppy monkey baby commercial? That was disturbing! :o

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7254 on: February 08, 2016, 01:32:17 PM »
Having taken a closer look at Manning's SB stats, though, I have to recant much of what I said above. What else can one say about the worst performance in Super Bowl history by the winning QB except that he stunk. But on the plus side, the Broncos weren't led to expect much better from him and really didn't need much better from him with the way they played defense yesterday.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: The thrilling romance of Holy Orthodoxy
« Reply #7255 on: February 08, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
I think it's clear Peyton is suffering from post-concussion symptoms with his Budweiser and Papa Johns endorsements.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7256 on: February 08, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
I think it's clear Peyton is suffering from post-concussion symptoms with his Budweiser and Papa Johns endorsements.

That was so amazing when I saw that.  "I'm going to kiss my wife and drink beer. Wait!   I mean... I'm going to drink Budweiser beer specifically.  Lots of Bud Beer."  Then I'm going to watch replys of the "Beef O Brady.com bowl"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:40:14 PM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #7257 on: February 09, 2016, 09:16:23 AM »

Selam

While it was great to see Ted Ginn have a nice game, Cam Newton was the most effective offensive player in the game.  I think at the end he was rattled, but he was the best offensive player on the field.

Cam the best offensive player? Oh, you mean the reward...yeah....but we must have been watching a different SB.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #7258 on: February 09, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »

A few years ago, when the Americans blew a huge lead and lost the Ryder Cup to the Europeans, you berated us for focusing on how the Americans choked and not giving the European team credit for an historic comeback. Now look at what you're doing. The Denver Broncos just won the Super Bowl, but you're not giving any credit at all to Peyton Manning, Von Miller, John Elway, et al., for what they did to upset the mighty Panthers in the biggest game of the season. Instead, you're taking advantage of this opportunity to continue to disparage an athlete who had the misfortune of graduating from your team's arch-rival Auburn.

I don't think I've mentioned anything about Cam during his pro career until now. But I could be wrong about that. You obviously keep a personal record of all my posts, which is sort of disturbing actually. But if that's how you like to spend your time, then have fun.  ;)

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7259 on: February 09, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »

I don't think I've mentioned anything about Cam during his pro career until now. But I could be wrong about that. You obviously keep a personal record of all my posts, which is sort of disturbing actually. But if that's how you like to spend your time, then have fun.  ;)
No, I don't keep a personal record of all your posts. This forum does that for me. ;)

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #7260 on: February 09, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »

No, I don't keep a personal record of all your posts. This forum does that for me. ;)

And that devalues the spookiness?

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #7261 on: February 09, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »

And that devalues the spookiness?

It was never spooky to begin with. I have partial memory of many posts here. I find them based on my partial memory using the search engine. It is as simple as that. I am sure I am not alone in this.
"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7262 on: February 10, 2016, 09:09:42 PM »
re: the endorsements, since I don't drink beer or eat pa john's pizza, this doesn't matter a whole lot, but it's nice that at least he's schilling for things I could actually get; unlike people who got paid tens of thousands of dollars and were given free vacations to say "We're going to [that one entertainment/amusement park]!" :P

• Merarches
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7264 on: February 11, 2016, 12:08:39 AM »
This is too funny!

http://rare.us/story/andy-griffith-gave-super-bowl-50-loser-cam-newton-a-serious-talking-to-and-we-love-every-second-of-it/
This article may give some insights into the real reason why Cam Newton stormed out of his post-game press conference: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-bails-on-press-conference-due-to-chris-harris-carolina-panthers-020816

But now we know the real reason why Cam bailed: He heard Denver's Chris Harris explain close by that their gameplan was to make Carolina prove it could throw the football (which obviously the Panthers did not do well on Sunday).

Here's what Harris said: "Load the box, force y'all to throw the ball. Can you throw the football? That was the gameplan."

• Merarches
« Reply #7265 on: February 11, 2016, 12:16:42 AM »
This is too funny!

http://rare.us/story/andy-griffith-gave-super-bowl-50-loser-cam-newton-a-serious-talking-to-and-we-love-every-second-of-it/
This article may give some insights into the real reason why Cam Newton stormed out of his post-game press conference: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-bails-on-press-conference-due-to-chris-harris-carolina-panthers-020816

But now we know the real reason why Cam bailed: He heard Denver's Chris Harris explain close by that their gameplan was to make Carolina prove it could throw the football (which obviously the Panthers did not do well on Sunday).

Here's what Harris said: "Load the box, force y'all to throw the ball. Can you throw the football? That was the gameplan."

Yeah, I saw that. Bovine excrement. Scam wasn't worried about how the opposition felt when he was dabbing in their faces and taunting them with his Superscam gestures. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he had to listen to the winning team talk about how they kicked his ****? Man up, own up, and grow up!

Selam

Profanity removed from post

You can make your arguments without resorting to such base profanities. Don't do this again.  -PtA
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:43:15 AM by PeterTheAleut »
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7266 on: February 11, 2016, 02:45:55 AM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:48:51 AM by PeterTheAleut »

• Merarches
« Reply #7267 on: February 11, 2016, 04:16:53 AM »
This is too funny!

Yeah, I saw that. Bovine excrement. Scam wasn't worried about how the opposition felt when he was dabbing in their faces and taunting them with his Superscam gestures. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he had to listen to the winning team talk about how they kicked his ****? Man up, own up, and grow up!

Selam

You can make your arguments without resorting to such base profanities. Don't do this again.  -PtA

Just for the record I didn't use profanity, as you know. But if my use of symbols was inappropriate then I apologize.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

• Merarches
« Reply #7268 on: February 11, 2016, 04:18:29 AM »
Selam
Baloney

When there's no other argument to be made, you can always resort to mocking my salutation of peace. Cheap and petty, but if it makes you feel better...

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7269 on: February 11, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
Selam
Baloney

When there's no other argument to be made, you can always resort to mocking my salutation of peace. Cheap and petty, but if it makes you feel better.
You don't get it, do you? Your "salutation of peace" means nothing when you're spewing such vile, cheap and petty hatred.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7270 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
This is too funny!

Selam

Just for the record I didn't use profanity, as you know. But if my use of symbols was inappropriate then I apologize.

Selam
When you use symbols to spell an obvious profanity, then yes, you used a profanity. You're also arguing publicly with a moderator action, which is not to be done, as you know. If you wish to continue arguing with the modification I made to your post, then PM me. I will not tolerate further argument here.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #7271 on: February 11, 2016, 01:53:01 PM »
Selam
Baloney

When there's no other argument to be made, you can always resort to mocking my salutation of peace. Cheap and petty, but if it makes you feel better.
You don't get it, do you? Your "salutation of peace" means nothing when you're spewing such vile, cheap and petty hatred.

Whoa, dudes, easy does it.
Sportsman like taunting is no more than a micro-aggression. In football there CAN be such a thing as THAT.
Take a deep one....

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7272 on: February 11, 2016, 02:40:22 PM »
Selam
Baloney

Whoa, dudes, easy does it.
Sportsman like taunting is no more than a micro-aggression. In football there CAN be such a thing as THAT.
Take a deep one....
Chill, dude! 8) There's no need for you to mediate here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:42:08 PM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7273 on: February 14, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »
Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies, as detailed in explosive court documents...

...Titled "Facts of the Case," and submitted to the court by the plaintiff's lawyers, the document, which warrants many more takes and reflections than what I will offer today, is simultaneously shocking, disgusting, painful, and infuriating. It offers us the living, breathing human names and faces of the individuals the American sports machine is willing to mow down in the name of profit and fame...

• Merarches
« Reply #7274 on: February 14, 2016, 11:42:45 PM »
Selam
Baloney

This is why it's so difficult to have a healthy debate with you. You may disagree with me, but my criticisms of Cam Newton aren't hateful.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

• Merarches
« Reply #7275 on: February 15, 2016, 01:49:41 AM »
Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies, as detailed in explosive court documents...

...Titled "Facts of the Case," and submitted to the court by the plaintiff's lawyers, the document, which warrants many more takes and reflections than what I will offer today, is simultaneously shocking, disgusting, painful, and infuriating. It offers us the living, breathing human names and faces of the individuals the American sports machine is willing to mow down in the name of profit and fame...

In other words, after reading all of that, the bottom line is that we don't know what really did or did not happen. All this article does is list the woman's entire resume and then give us a "he said, she said." But I do have two simple recommendations for all men and all women: 1) Don't deliberately expose yourself to people who don't wish you to do so. 2) If you are sexually harassed, don't make any sort of financial settlement or agreement not to prosecute.

Sexual assault is a serious matter and those who are guilty should be held accountable. It frustrates me because two people's reputations are at stake, but we will never really know the truth.

I wonder if this journalist would be willing to investigate the Cam Newton scandal as vigorously as he's investigating this Peyton Manning scandal. I won't hold my breath. (And for the record, I have no more love for Tennessee and Peyton Manning than I do for Auburn and Cam Newton. Nothing either of these programs does would surprise me.)

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7276 on: February 15, 2016, 01:52:26 AM »
Selam
Baloney

This is why it's so difficult to have a healthy debate with you. You may disagree with me, but my criticisms of Cam Newton aren't hateful.
Your words communicate hatred. If hatred is not what you want to communicate, then choose less polemic words.

• Merarches
« Reply #7277 on: February 15, 2016, 02:05:00 AM »
Selam
Baloney

Your words communicate hatred. If hatred is not what you want to communicate, then choose less polemic words.

Which specific words did you find hateful? This is the sports thread after all. Polemical debate is sort of intrinsic to sports discussions.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #7278 on: February 15, 2016, 02:15:16 AM »

In other words, after reading all of that, the bottom line is that we don't know what really did or did not happen. All this article does is list the woman's entire resume and then give us a "he said, she said." But I do have two simple recommendations for all men and all women: 1) Don't deliberately expose yourself to people who don't wish you to do so. 2) If you are sexually harassed, don't make any sort of financial settlement or agreement not to prosecute.

Sexual assault is a serious matter and those who are guilty should be held accountable. It frustrates me because two people's reputations are at stake, but we will never really know the truth.

I wonder if this journalist would be willing to investigate the Cam Newton scandal as vigorously as he's investigating this Peyton Manning scandal. I won't hold my breath. (And for the record, I have no more love for Tennessee and Peyton Manning than I do for Auburn and Cam Newton. Nothing either of these programs does would surprise me.)
Selam

You are right...bunch of paragraphs on "how great she art" and then "he said, she said" and I'll never know...or care.
BUT the notion of sexual assault.....read about some guy bedded a girl in Sweden, maybe? and a couple of days later after she "thought" about it, stated "sexual assault"...after she found out there was money for her.
Point is, definitions change, so it's best to zip it and keep it zipped until wedded bliss arrives. That's the only sure thing...and then that takes a ton of work too!  ;)

• Merarches
« Reply #7279 on: February 15, 2016, 02:54:27 AM »

Selam

You are right...bunch of paragraphs on "how great she art" and then "he said, she said" and I'll never know...or care.
BUT the notion of sexual assault.....read about some guy bedded a girl in Sweden, maybe? and a couple of days later after she "thought" about it, stated "sexual assault"...after she found out there was money for her.
Point is, definitions change, so it's best to zip it and keep it zipped until wedded bliss arrives. That's the only sure thing...and then that takes a ton of work too!  ;)

Indeed brother. Well said.

Selam
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7280 on: February 15, 2016, 01:52:03 PM »
Selam
Baloney

Which specific words did you find hateful?
You're missing the point if all you're going to do is focus on specific words. Let's take a look, anyway.

Yeah, I saw that. Bovine excrement.
That's a pretty harsh way of blowing off what you don't want to believe.

Scam wasn't worried about how the opposition felt when he was dabbing in their faces and taunting them with his Superscam gestures.
You're still calling Cam "Scam", even though that controversy dates back to when he was in college. You may have noticed (or not) that he finished college five years ago.

Now we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he had to listen to the winning team talk about how they kicked his ****?
No one's suggesting that we feel sorry for him.

Man up, own up, and grow up!
You weren't shy about expressing your disdain for Cam Newton back during his college days when he played for your arch-rival. That kinda sets a context for your most recent Cam bashing.

This is the sports thread after all. Polemical debate is sort of intrinsic to sports discussions.
Polemic debate seems to be intrinsic to any discussion in which you participate, even when polemics are inappropriate. We're also talking about mere sport here. I like to watch football, basketball, and baseball just as much as any guy, but when sports allegiances override my basic Christian inhibitions and drive me to speak hatefully of someone merely because he's a rival to my favorite team, then I have let my love of sport become an evil passion.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #7281 on: February 15, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »
Ugh. Oc.net trash talking is THE WORST.
God bless!

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7282 on: March 07, 2016, 02:17:16 PM »
It's official. Peyton Manning has retired.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:55:22 PM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7283 on: March 07, 2016, 04:25:06 PM »
Baseball: now the second most dangerous sport for fans (behind Soccer)...

I don't see what the big issue'd be with nets. The NHL showed that modern crowds adapt just fine to adding nets between viewers and action. It'd take away some of those spectacular into-the-stands foul ball catches, though I think most people would consider lives more important than cool highlights. Other stuff playing into it I guess though...

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7284 on: March 13, 2016, 09:37:44 PM »
I guess I owe The Mathemetician a dollar or something for Buffalo getting in.  I'm stil a bit peeved The Zips lost by that 3 pointer. They had an RPI of 29, if they would have won the tounament they may have gotten a 10 seed.  Oh well.  Really mad St. Bonaventure, St. Mary's and especially Marmount got snubbed big time for mediocre power teams like Vanderbilt, Michigan, and Syracuse, and most baffling...Tulsa(?!?!?!).

Buffalo has a 14 seed and are up against.  I'm not too sure about that match up as I've seen Buffalo play once and the top 10 school Miami 0 times.  We'll see I guess.  I'll be rooting hard for Buffalo.

Teams I'm rooting for now to some degree:

Dayton, Xavier, Notre Dame, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Gonzaga,  Green Bay, Stony Brook and any Big Ten team not colored Maize and Blue.  It's also nice to see  a team I've never heard oflike CSU Bakersfield make the tournament for the first time

My Final Four:

Kansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, MSU

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:40:50 PM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7285 on: March 14, 2016, 12:45:17 AM »
I guess I owe The Mathemetician a dollar or something for Buffalo getting in.  I'm stil a bit peeved The Zips lost by that 3 pointer. They had an RPI of 29, if they would have won the tounament they may have gotten a 10 seed.  Oh well.  Really mad St. Bonaventure, St. Mary's and especially Marmount got snubbed big time for mediocre power teams like Vanderbilt, Michigan, and Syracuse, and most baffling...Tulsa(?!?!?!).

Buffalo has a 14 seed and are up against.  I'm not too sure about that match up as I've seen Buffalo play once and the top 10 school Miami 0 times.  We'll see I guess.  I'll be rooting hard for Buffalo.

Dayton, Xavier, Notre Dame, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Gonzaga,  Green Bay, Stony Brook and any Big Ten team not colored Maize and Blue.  It's also nice to see  a team I've never heard oflike CSU Bakersfield make the tournament for the first time

My Final Four:

Hey, all I can say is it's great to see the mighty Ducks get a 1-seed, and in their own regional. GO OREGON!!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:45:50 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #7286 on: March 14, 2016, 12:56:38 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised.  I thought The Spartans (who beat the Ducks in football earlier this year  ;)) would get the 1 seed...oh, well.  Good for Oregon though. It's nice to see how they have become a major power in both Football and now basketball so quickly.  I always enjoy watching them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:57:32 AM by William T »
Holy Toledo!

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #7287 on: March 14, 2016, 02:07:09 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised.  I thought The Spartans (who beat the Ducks in football earlier this year  ;)) would get the 1 seed...oh, well.  Good for Oregon though. It's nice to see how they have become a major power in both Football and now basketball so quickly.  I always enjoy watching them.
The Ducks have been good in men's basketball for years, but they've never been consistently as good as they are this year. Hopefully Coach Altman and his crew can make the Ducks a more consistently great team.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #7288 on: March 14, 2016, 06:26:00 AM »

My Final Four:

As an alumnus in protest of current branding and direction, I wish the zips would have destroyed UB. Or to be more fair, I wish they would have lost in whatever the first round was.

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #7289 on: March 15, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »

My Final Four:

Hey, all I can say is it's great to see the mighty Ducks get a 1-seed, and in their own regional. GO OREGON!!!

Ugh.  I got them losing in the second round to St. Joseph's.  GO HAWKS!
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.