OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 04:18:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 387884 times) Average Rating: 5
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #5715 on: December 01, 2013, 03:11:17 AM »

Congrats to Auburn. They deserved the win. Another classic Iron Bowl that will go down in history as one of the greatest college football games ever. I’m sick that we came out on the losing end. But you can’t expect to win when you drop passes, commit numerous penalties, and fail to put your opponent away when you have the opportunity. Auburn ran the ball down our throats, and no other team has been able to do that to an Alabama defense. So I tip my hat to the Tigers. I have to question the 57 yard field goal attempt at the end of the game. But Coach Saban has accomplished too much for me to put any blame on him for this one. We had our chances to put the game away, but we failed to do so. Auburn stepped up and made plays when they had to. And they won the game on a play that will surely go down in the annals of Auburn football lore. I have been spoiled by BAMA’s unparalleled success over the past few years. We’re not used to losing. So this one hurts. It hurts because of who we lost to, and because of the way we lost. But Auburn earned it, and their fans have a right to celebrate. So my sincere congratulations to them. Enjoy it. Incredible game, incredible finish. Wish it would have ended in our favor. But the sun will still come up tomorrow, and I’ll still be very, very proud to be a BAMA fan.

Selam

BEST ENDING TO A FOOTBALL GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN

And the worst ending that I've ever seen.  Sad Sad Sad

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5716 on: December 01, 2013, 04:39:58 AM »

Congrats to Auburn. They deserved the win. Another classic Iron Bowl that will go down in history as one of the greatest college football games ever. I’m sick that we came out on the losing end. But you can’t expect to win when you drop passes, commit numerous penalties, and fail to put your opponent away when you have the opportunity. Auburn ran the ball down our throats, and no other team has been able to do that to an Alabama defense. So I tip my hat to the Tigers. I have to question the 57 yard field goal attempt at the end of the game. But Coach Saban has accomplished too much for me to put any blame on him for this one. We had our chances to put the game away, but we failed to do so. Auburn stepped up and made plays when they had to. And they won the game on a play that will surely go down in the annals of Auburn football lore. I have been spoiled by BAMA’s unparalleled success over the past few years. We’re not used to losing. So this one hurts. It hurts because of who we lost to, and because of the way we lost. But Auburn earned it, and their fans have a right to celebrate. So my sincere congratulations to them. Enjoy it. Incredible game, incredible finish. Wish it would have ended in our favor. But the sun will still come up tomorrow, and I’ll still be very, very proud to be a BAMA fan.

Selam

Certainly the most bizarre ending I've ever seen, save maybe for video replays of that finish to the Stanford/Cal game John Elway played in decades ago when a Cal player wiped out the trombonist in the endzone.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #5717 on: December 01, 2013, 04:51:37 AM »

The funny part is Nick Saban will be up all night thinking about it. Its like that article I read, nothing ever surprises him because he plans moment to moment. Best football coach in the game, shame it ended like that.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #5718 on: December 01, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »

The funny part is Nick Saban will be up all night thinking about it. Its like that article I read, nothing ever surprises him because he plans moment to moment. Best football coach in the game, shame it ended like that.

Even the best football coach will lose.  Eight times out of ten, Alabama would win straight-up against Auburn, but there are still those two chances.  Auburn needed two miracle plays these pat two weeks to win.  That doesn't change the fact that Alabama absolutely blew the special teams coverage.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5719 on: December 02, 2013, 10:09:23 AM »

A few thoughts in defeat:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,55243.msg1037208.html#msg1037208

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5720 on: December 02, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »

Quote from: Shiny
Best ending to a football game I never saw, in my case.  Currently in Europe, I don't really watch much football at all.  I'll fairly regularly track a game on ESPN.com's GameCast, but mostly I just read about games after the fact.  And I can't actually tell you how riveted I was to the accounts of this one.  Wow.  A Razorback fan, I went online Sunday morning to check how bad the Arkansas score was.  I was shocked that they had actually given LSU a run for their money, but that game actually took a back seat to Auburn-Alabama.  I couldn't read enough.  Awesome game; awesome ending; awesome story.  One for the ages.

I have to question the 57 yard field goal attempt at the end of the game.
I'm not sure I question it, myself.  I think any analysis would show the odds in favor of an attempt.  The probability of making a 57-yarder might be small, but the probability of a runback is tiny.   Of course tiny doesn't equal zero, and that's the unfortunate experience Alabama had on Saturday.  But given the exact same circumstances, I think I'd kick it every time.

Quote from: Gebre Menfes Kidus
Auburn earned it, and their fans have a right to celebrate. So my sincere congratulations to them. Enjoy it. Incredible game, incredible finish.
Indeed.  I almost want to say the heck with General Motors -- what's good for college football is good for America.  And this game was definitely good for American football!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5721 on: December 02, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »

I'm not sure I question it, myself.  I think any analysis would show the odds in favor of an attempt.  The probability of making a 57-yarder might be small, but the probability of a runback is tiny.   Of course tiny doesn't equal zero, and that's the unfortunate experience Alabama had on Saturday.  But given the exact same circumstances, I think I'd kick it every time.
I suppose the odds of making a 57-yard FG are probably better than the odds of completing a 47-yard desperation bomb--I hate applying the blasphemous term "Hail Mary" to such a pass--and the odds of what actually did happen are probably just as slim as such a desperation bomb getting intercepted and run back for a TD. Only three times in the history of NCAA football prior to last Saturday did an unblocked FG miss ever get returned for a TD, and never did one of those TDs actually win the game with no time left. I don't question Saban's decision to go for the FG. I just don't think anyone anticipated that Alabama would fail so miserably in their attempt to tackle Davis on the return and keep him from scoring.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:11:56 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5722 on: December 02, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »

I'm not sure I question it, myself.  I think any analysis would show the odds in favor of an attempt.  The probability of making a 57-yarder might be small, but the probability of a runback is tiny.   Of course tiny doesn't equal zero, and that's the unfortunate experience Alabama had on Saturday.  But given the exact same circumstances, I think I'd kick it every time.
I suppose the odds of making a 57-yard FG are probably better than the odds of completing a 47-yard desperation bomb--I hate applying the blasphemous term "Hail Mary" to such a pass--and the odds of what actually did happen are probably just as slim as such a desperation bomb getting intercepted and run back for a TD. Only three times in the history of NCAA football prior to last Saturday did an unblocked FG miss ever get returned for a TD, and never did one of those TDs actually win the game with no time left. I don't question Saban's decision to go for the FG. I just don't think anyone anticipated that Alabama would fail so miserably in their attempt to tackle Davis on the return and keep him from scoring.

My only reason to criticize him is the distance; 57 yards is hardly a lock even in the NFL, and (for those who say, "he was hitting at 60 yards in practice) is really only akin to practice if one is playing in a dome.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5723 on: December 02, 2013, 09:22:51 PM »

That said - what a Saturday for rivalry games!  In addition to the two already mentioned, the OSU-UM game was quite the heart-stopper.  Good day to be a College Football fan.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #5724 on: December 02, 2013, 09:23:11 PM »

Selam

Certainly the most bizarre ending I've ever seen, save maybe for video replays of that finish to the Stanford/Cal game John Elway played in decades ago when a Cal player wiped out the trombonist in the endzone.
I thought that was Forrest Gump.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #5725 on: December 02, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »

I think the probability of scoring on a 57 yard field goal is substantially higher than returning a short field goal kick for a 108 yard return against Alabama. I think Saban did the right thing, but sometimes, the cookie just doesn't crumble how you think it will.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5726 on: December 03, 2013, 02:02:52 AM »

Selam

And the worst ending that I've ever seen.  Sad Sad Sad
I thought that was Forrest Gump.
The video replay shows Cal using five laterals on a desperation kickoff return to come from behind and beat Stanford with no time left. The Stanford band thought Stanford had already won and had basically taken over the Stanford end of the field. A trombonist just happened to be standing in the endzone at the end of the last ball carrier's run, so the ball carrier clobbered him with the ball after scoring. Here's the video of that amazing return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fZCCAqoSwY
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:06:39 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5727 on: December 03, 2013, 02:06:16 AM »

I think the probability of scoring on a 57 yard field goal is substantially higher than returning a short field goal kick for a 108 yard return against Alabama. I think Saban did the right thing, but sometimes, the cookie just doesn't crumble how you think it will.

Alabama or not, the odds of a long return are higher than one thinks in these cases because the "coverage" team on the return is really a "protection" team - they're on the field to keep the defense from blocking the kick, not for their ability to tackle a speed man in the open field.  That return is likely stopped if it were against a kick coverage team.

---------------------
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5728 on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »

Oy ve! One Bama fan was so enraged that another Bama fan with whom she watched the game didn't seem upset enough about Bama's loss that she shot and killed the other fan. Cry

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/sister-says-shooting-was-over-alabama-crimson-tide-loss-to-auburn-tigers-michelle-shepherd-adrian-laroze-briskey-120213
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #5729 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30:27 AM »

sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #5730 on: December 06, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »

The USA is basically out of the World Cup before it even started. Cry
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:17:54 PM by sheenj » Logged
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #5731 on: December 06, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »

Hey, it ain't over 'til it's over.  Unless it's over; then I guess maybe it's over.  Of course this is soccer and what goes over doesn't count -- only what goes under and between.  So maybe it ain't over 'til it's under.  In which case we'll just have to wait and see.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #5732 on: December 06, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »

Hey, it ain't over 'til it's over.  Unless it's over; then I guess maybe it's over.  Of course this is soccer and what goes over doesn't count -- only what goes under and between.  So maybe it ain't over 'til it's under.  In which case we'll just have to wait and see.
I don't understand.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5733 on: December 07, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »

The Hunt/Bigfoot fight replays tonight at 8pm on FS1. I don't watch much MMA, but apparently it was really good; Meltzer said it was the 2nd best MMA fight he'd seen, and the best UFC fight.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5734 on: December 07, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »

I don't watch football and never college.

But I am right now. What is with the SEC? 93 total points with 11 left? Nearly 400 yards rushing by Auburn in 3 quarters?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5735 on: December 08, 2013, 01:57:32 AM »

I can't wait for the BCS Final 4 to start in '15.  Had the BCS Final 4 started in '14, Baylor and Alabama would have been included in an all southern playoff system.

Fl. State and Auburn looks like an excellent matchup.  I've had it with the SEC; so, I'm going with Fl. State.  I've also had it with Southern schools dominating college football.

I'm happy Ohio St. lost and Mich. St. is going to the Rose Bowl to face Stanford.

With MD joining the Big 10, I think I'll hate MD more for leaving the ACC than Ohio St. (which I've always hated).  The only other team I really hate is Notre Dame although I like their coach Brian Kelly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:57:59 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #5736 on: December 08, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »

I hate Auburn, as someone who almost went to Bama, but I'll be cheering for them. Gotta keep the title in Alabama
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5737 on: December 08, 2013, 04:35:20 PM »

I hate Auburn, as someone who almost went to Bama, but I'll be cheering for them. Gotta keep the title in Alabama

I just can't bring myself to do it. And I am no fan of FSU, believe me.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5738 on: December 08, 2013, 04:37:01 PM »

PetertheAleut: could we finally be seeing my TIDE and your DUCKS squaring off in the Sugar Bowl?  Smiley

Selam

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5739 on: December 08, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »

Them there Steelers: finding a way to lose even when they win.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5740 on: December 08, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »

PetertheAleut: could we finally be seeing my TIDE and your DUCKS squaring off in the Sugar Bowl?  Smiley
That would be sweet! laugh
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5741 on: December 08, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »

I don't understand a lick about college football, but I guess I would root for Alabama since I know people that foam at the mouth whenever they are brought up.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5742 on: December 08, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »

I really hope Troy works with a high school football team next summer. He could teach them a lot about reading plays, timing, etc., and really inspire them. In return they could teach him high school level tackling skills, which would be a major improvement for him. Win-win.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5743 on: December 08, 2013, 05:45:34 PM »

I really hope Troy works with a high school football team next summer. He could teach them a lot about reading plays, timing, etc., and really inspire them. In return they could teach him high school level tackling skills, which would be a major improvement for him. Win-win.

The picks this week gave me a reason to refresh NFL in google every few hours today.

It's ugly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:45:44 PM by orthonorm » Logged

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #5744 on: December 08, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »

Bengals secured a playoff berth!

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #5745 on: December 08, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »

I doubt we will even tie Ghana, but stranger things have happened,  remember 2002?

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #5746 on: December 08, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »

I don't understand a lick about college football, but I guess I would root for Alabama since I know people that foam at the mouth whenever they are brought up.

That's a good a reason as any.  Pretty much college football is being die hard for one team and hating everyone else.  Understand that and you're on your way to being a master.  Also, remember the following

SEC=southeast corruption
Big XII only has 10 teams
BIG is horribly overrated
PAC-12 are wannabes
ACC is usually one team with a bunch if bottom feeders

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #5747 on: December 08, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »

I just can't bring myself to do it. And I am no fan of FSU, believe me.

Selam
Think of it as a way to secure the SEC dominance of college football for another year.

Plus, I always want my rivals to do well. Makes it that much sweeter when we beat them, as compared to beating a crappy school which is no fun at all, and means the same.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5748 on: December 09, 2013, 05:15:32 AM »

Bengals secured a playoff berth!
1 AND DONE

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5749 on: December 09, 2013, 05:29:43 AM »

That would be sweet! laugh
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen, though. Looks as if the Ducks are going to play the Texas Longhorns in the Alamo Bowl, instead.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #5750 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »

Well, Auburn beat Mizzou in the SEC Championship, just like everyone predicted in August…. right Gebre??

But for real… i hate auburn so damn much. Im not saying they're necessarily a bad team, but they really should not have beaten Bama or Georgia for that matter. Guess Bama fans know how we UGA fans felt a few weeks ago.

But auburn makes me sick. I usually cheer for the SEC in the title games, but Im not sure if I can here. I feel like I could root for Florida in a title game easier than Auburn bc I at least have a decent respect for them, though i hate them more than almost anything.

Anyways, I know this rant is a couple weeks late. Ive just been away. Im glad OSU lost though. Sick of hearing about them.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5751 on: December 10, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »

Well, Auburn beat Mizzou in the SEC Championship, just like everyone predicted in August…. right Gebre??

But for real… i hate auburn so damn much. Im not saying they're necessarily a bad team, but they really should not have beaten Bama or Georgia for that matter. Guess Bama fans know how we UGA fans felt a few weeks ago.

But auburn makes me sick. I usually cheer for the SEC in the title games, but Im not sure if I can here. I feel like I could root for Florida in a title game easier than Auburn bc I at least have a decent respect for them, though i hate them more than almost anything.

Anyways, I know this rant is a couple weeks late. Ive just been away. Im glad OSU lost though. Sick of hearing about them.

Could you explain why you hate them and why they make you sick? I am not trolling. I am really wondering. I watched last Saturday's game on a fluke (part of it). Is it how they play or just some historical rivalry thing?

After seeing part of that game, I looked up the end of their game against Alabama. LOL. Sorry but that was insane.

I feel terrible for Gebre.

Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #5752 on: December 10, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »

Could you explain why you hate them and why they make you sick? I am not trolling. I am really wondering. I watched last Saturday's game on a fluke (part of it). Is it how they play or just some historical rivalry thing?

After seeing part of that game, I looked up the end of their game against Alabama. LOL. Sorry but that was insane.

Im a Georgia fan and the Georgia/Auburn rivalry is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) rivalry in the south. Ive always hated Auburn as a result of that historic rivalry, but seeing how they've won this year is just awful. You should search for a video of how this years Georgia/Auburn game ended. Its probably more sickening than how the Bama game ended.

And not to mention that Im sure they're still paying players like they did with scam newton. i don't think it's a coincidence that their 3 best players are all transfers from other big schools.

EDIT*** heres the video from the UGA game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpDz8YyVD8
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:17:28 PM by Timon » Logged

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5753 on: December 10, 2013, 12:47:57 PM »

That was tough.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5754 on: December 10, 2013, 12:55:29 PM »

Im a Georgia fan and the Georgia/Auburn rivalry is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) rivalry in the south. Ive always hated Auburn as a result of that historic rivalry, but seeing how they've won this year is just awful. You should search for a video of how this years Georgia/Auburn game ended. Its probably more sickening than how the Bama game ended.

And not to mention that Im sure they're still paying players like they did with scam newton. i don't think it's a coincidence that their 3 best players are all transfers from other big schools.

EDIT*** here's the video from the UGA game

+1

Pause the video at 13 seconds and look at the blatant holding by Auburn's #73. And the ref was staring right at it. The Barners get away with murder. I have no respect for the way they do things. If your Dawgs knock the dang ball down, then BAMA is playing for the National Championship. So that ridiculous play hurt us even more than it hurt y'all. Crazy. I'm no fan of FSU, and I certainly don't care for their QB, but I hope they destroy Auburn. Unfortunately though, I'm afraid the Barners will win.

Selam

Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #5755 on: December 10, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »

+1

Pause the video at 13 seconds and look at the blatant holding by Auburn's #73. And the ref was staring right at it. The Barners get away with murder. I have no respect for the way they do things. If your Dawgs knock the dang ball down, then BAMA is playing for the National Championship. So that ridiculous play hurt us even more than it hurt y'all. Crazy. I'm no fan of FSU, and I certainly don't care for their QB, but I hope they destroy Auburn. Unfortunately though, I'm afraid the Barners will win.

Selam

yea, they'll probably get lucky somehow. and I'm still scratching my head as to why they didn't just knock the ball down. but either way, the odds of that happening are so slim. 99,999 out of 100,000 times that ball hits the ground, even if it was tipped up in the air for some dumb reason.

for what its worth, i still think Bama is the best team in the country.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5756 on: December 10, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »

EDIT*** heres the video from the UGA game

I saw a high school football playoff game decided by an almost identical play. The team that lost that game over ten years ago just won their first state championship in 60 years last Saturday, erasing the frustration of such historic knockout plays as that.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:33:53 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5757 on: December 10, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »

+1

Pause the video at 13 seconds and look at the blatant holding by Auburn's #73. And the ref was staring right at it. The Barners get away with murder. I have no respect for the way they do things.
1. I didn't see any blatant holding from #73 on that play.
2. If you consider the "holding" a part of the "despicable way" Auburn does things, then I have to ask why. Offensive linemen are guilty of holding quite often. The question is, do they get flagged for it? If not, then your concern is with the officials for not flagging it, not with Auburn for getting away with it. In essence, you're blaming the refs, which only shows your poor sportsmanship.

If your Dawgs knock the dang ball down, then BAMA is playing for the National Championship. So that ridiculous play hurt us even more than it hurt y'all. Crazy. I'm no fan of FSU, and I certainly don't care for their QB, but I hope they destroy Auburn. Unfortunately though, I'm afraid the Barners will win.
After this senseless rant, I think I'm going to root for Auburn just to tick you off. Wink
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5758 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:31 PM »

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #5759 on: December 12, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »

Whoops!!! Shocked
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: