OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 07:30:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 409175 times) Average Rating: 5
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #5580 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:57 AM »

What is truly stunning is how bad the Giants and Steelers are so far.  And my wonderfully politically incorrect REDSKINS aren't much better. Cry Cry 

Hey at least we can console ourselves with the fact that we're only a game out of first and the Cowgirls are about to get their cow pie pushed in by Denver.

Amen, brother, amen!! Grin

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #5581 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »

v
Choo CF Ludwick LF Votto 1B Phillips 2B Bruce RF Frazier 3B Cozart SS Hanigan C Cueto P

SCREW BON JOVI!
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #5582 on: October 02, 2013, 03:07:25 AM »

Last time the government shut down, the Braves won the World Series.

Maybe this is a sign.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #5583 on: October 02, 2013, 07:10:37 AM »

LETS SWEEP TH CSRDS

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Timon
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5584 on: October 02, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »

Last time the government shut down, the Braves won the World Series.

Maybe this is a sign.

GO BRAVES!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #5585 on: October 03, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »

SCREW BON JOVI!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5586 on: October 06, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »

So the Browns, Bengals and Ravens won their games.

OK somebody wake me up and get me back to reality.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #5587 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »

Catch of the year!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1799647-alabama-wr-deandrew-white-makes-college-footballs-catch-of-the-year

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #5588 on: October 08, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »

Rough night here in Atlanta.

Braves were eliminated, as per usual, and the Falcons suffered a horrifically embarrassing loss to the Jets. I thought the entire city of ATL was going to implode, or get sucked into a vacuum and be erased from all history, space, and time. I just cant handle it anymore.

On top of all that, the Dawgs barely squeaked by with a win against a horrible Tennessee team. We started the game without heisman candidate, and the best running back in the country, Todd Gurley. But thats ok because we also have Keith Marhsall who would likely be the #1 back on almost any team but UGA. Then he suffered an ACL injury in the 1st quarter. Then we lost our 2 best receivers, Bennett and Scott-Wesley, to knee injuries. Bennett should be back in a few weeks, but Scott Wesley tore an ACL and is out for the year. This is all after losing our BEST wide receiver in week 1 in Malcom Mitchell.

I say all this to point out the incredible year Aaron Murray is having in his senior season. Even against Tennessee, losing that many skill position players mid-game makes it very tough to win. Especially in Knoxville, a hostile environment, where we have struggled recently. (They dont like the Dawgs too much in Knoxville if you havent heard...) Murray has kept our season alive singlehandedly, and is a for sure Heisman candidate himself.

Now about that defense..... ehhh... nevermind.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5589 on: October 10, 2013, 01:09:37 AM »

Sorry, buddy.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #5590 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »

hey, it was a magical run, that i wish could have went on longer, but hey, losing in the NLDS is better than no playoffs at all, or another losing season.

SCREW BON JOVI!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5591 on: October 12, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »

The NY Giants are 0-6.  Their co-tenants at MetLife stadium, the NY Jets, remain alive for a playoff berth.  Will a NFL team ever have the Super Bowl as a home game?
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5592 on: October 12, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »

WE ARE... PENN STATE!!!!!

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5593 on: October 13, 2013, 02:26:15 AM »

I'm happy to see that my Oregon Ducks FINALLY received their first real test of the year: the #16 Washington Huskies. I'm even happier that they passed the test with flying colors (no pun intended). Marcus Mariota once again made his case for the Heisman with a stat line looking this: 24 of 31 passing for 366 yards and 3 TDs with another 88 yards rushing and 1 TD on 13 carries. So far, the sophomore QB from Hawaii has thrown at least one TD pass AND scored on at least one TD run in every one of his team's six games this year, and he has yet to throw an interception! In this annual rivalry between Washington and Oregon, whose fierceness takes second only to the fierceness of their in-state rivalries (the Apple Cup in Washington and the Civil War in Oregon), the Ducks have won every game for the last decade. Ducks 45, Huskies 24.

Sorry, Gebre, but now that the Ducks have finally dominated someone good, I hope the voters will take notice and give my Ducks a lot more of the first place votes they had been giving your Tide, maybe even vote my Ducks #1. Grin Of course, the polls really don't mean anything now, but it would be nice if my team had bragging rights for once. Wink (I am bummed out, though, that Stanford lost, since this will tarnish the Duck vs. Cardinal matchup scheduled for three weeks from tonight. Sad The Ducks do play UCLA in two weeks, though. Smiley)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:27:25 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5594 on: October 13, 2013, 02:27:20 AM »

Quadrople overtime.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5595 on: October 13, 2013, 02:32:47 AM »

A rarity in baseball tonight: Tiger pitcher Anibal Sanchez struck out four batters in the first inning--one reached first base on a third strike wild pitch. The last time a pitcher struck out four batters in one inning of a postseason game was in 1908, the year the Cubs last won the  World Series. In fact, it was a Cub pitcher who accomplished that feat, and it was in the game the Cubs won to clinch the Series.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:33:04 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5596 on: October 13, 2013, 04:57:54 AM »

WE ARE... PENN STATE!!!!!

I was very happy to see them win. Alabama and Penn State had a healthy rivalry based on mutual respect for many years. I always admired their program. And they have the second best uniforms in college football. Wink I hated to see what happened to their program due to that horrific scandal. This was a great win for them that proves that Penn State football is still alive. Good for them!

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5597 on: October 13, 2013, 05:05:33 AM »

I'm happy to see that my Oregon Ducks FINALLY received their first real test of the year: the #16 Washington Huskies. I'm even happier that they passed the test with flying colors (no pun intended). Marcus Mariota once again made his case for the Heisman with a stat line looking this: 24 of 31 passing for 366 yards and 3 TDs with another 88 yards rushing and 1 TD on 13 carries. So far, the sophomore QB from Hawaii has thrown at least one TD pass AND scored on at least one TD run in every one of his team's six games this year, and he has yet to throw an interception! In this annual rivalry between Washington and Oregon, whose fierceness takes second only to the fierceness of their in-state rivalries (the Apple Cup in Washington and the Civil War in Oregon), the Ducks have won every game for the last decade. Ducks 45, Huskies 24.

Sorry, Gebre, but now that the Ducks have finally dominated someone good, I hope the voters will take notice and give my Ducks a lot more of the first place votes they had been giving your Tide, maybe even vote my Ducks #1. Grin Of course, the polls really don't mean anything now, but it would be nice if my team had bragging rights for once. Wink (I am bummed out, though, that Stanford lost, since this will tarnish the Duck vs. Cardinal matchup scheduled for three weeks from tonight. Sad The Ducks do play UCLA in two weeks, though. Smiley)

I would have no problem with Oregon being voted #1 right now. They've earned it. My Crimson Tide is getting better each week, but we still haven't played anyone of substance. Tex AM is good but not great. They almost lost to a mediocre Ole Miss team tonight. I think LSU is the best team in the SEC West. It will be another classic battle when we play them in about a month. But LSU will be much more battle tested than we have. I think that will be a big advantage for them. They barely lost to UGA in Athens against a UGA team that was healthy and playing at their best. So it won't shock me if we lose that game. And we still need to take care of Tennessee, who is better than expected. And I'll be interested to compare how we do against the Vols compared to how you guys did. I think measuring outcomes of common opponents is the most accurate indicator of which team is better. We'll see. BAMA still has a lot of work to do.

Selam

sprtslvr1973
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA; Jurisdiaction of Dallas and the South

"Behold I stand at the Door and Knock" Rev. 3:20

« Reply #5598 on: October 13, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »

Go Clemson! Please show these haters that we belong in the top 5. Please beat FSU!

"Into thy hands I commend my spirit"- Luke 23:46
“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” - Mark 9:24
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #5599 on: October 13, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »

Well the SEC just got a little more interesting. UGA lost. Our offense wasnt clicking at all. I suppose its sort of understandable considering every offensive weapon we have is injured, except Murray. As good as he's been this year, he looked a little flustered and uncomforatble out there. Again, understandable when you dont recognize anyone down field you can throw to. Our top 3 receivers are out. We have the best running game in the country, hands down, when Gurley and Marshall are healthy. But theyre both out. Ive never seen anything like this. Its happened with all GA teams in the span of a few weeks. (Braves, Falcons, Dawgs...)

With National Title hopes down the drain, we can still win the East and theoretically when the SEC, which to me feels like winning a national championship. We'll have a couple guys back for Florida, so hopefully we can handle them.

Our defense isnt what makes us good. They're not that great. But I think they did ok this week. If it werent for the turnovers on offense, Mizzou wouldnt have scored nearly as much. (and we wouldve scored more.)

I sincerely believe we are a top 5 team and can stand toe to toe with anyone (Oregon, Bama, Clemson, Etc.) when healthy. Unfortunately thats not the case now. And the defense will continue to improve.

Enough rambling about my team. Congrats to Oregon. This could possibly be the first time in years the SEC doesnt win the title, but we still have a good shot at it. The SEC just beats up on itself too much.

I'd love a rematch against Bama for the SEC. I really dont want to play LSU again.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5600 on: October 15, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »

This is how we ROLL!!!

If ever an offensive lineman deserved to be on Sports Center's Top 10 plays!

http://s763.photobucket.com/user/ksjdhfskjdhf/media/CyKosLaP_zpsb328e106.gif.html

Selam
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:11:08 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5601 on: October 21, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »

I've been thinking about this.

There is no way Lance Armstrong could ever bounce back again right?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #5602 on: October 21, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »

Right.  He tried to mount a comeback a few years ago and bombed out. Now, he has to deal with all the disgrace and lifetime bans from the sport.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:56:43 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5603 on: October 21, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »

Right.  He tried to mount a comeback a few years ago and bombed out. Now, he has to deal with all the disgrace and lifetime bans from the sport.

Never liked him, even before he was busted. He was too arrogant and never gave God any credit for his talent or his surviving cancer. I don't necessarily want people to be as ostentatious about their faith as Tim Tebow, but I do like athletes that show humility and acknowledge that God had something to do with their talents and abilities. But alas, the world does not operate according to the standards of Gebre (which is probably a good thing.)

Selam

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #5604 on: October 21, 2013, 10:35:28 PM »

It's a rough year to be a Giant's fan.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5605 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »

The Ducks' win today over UCLA was to me a testament to the value of superior conditioning. The Ducks work so hard in practice that the games are actually easier. When I saw that the Ducks and Bruins were tied at halftime, I knew that the Ducks would blow the game open in the second half, for no one can keep up with the Ducks for a full four quarters. Ducks win the third quarter 7-0 before routing UCLA 21-0 in the fourth. Their offense in the fourth quarter was a lot crisper with virtually none of the mindless mistakes they made so often in the first half, and their defense was a lot more suffocating. What started as a close game between two highly ranked teams turned into yet another Duck blowout.
GO DUCKS!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:10:02 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5606 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »

The Ducks' win today over UCLA was to me a testament to the value of superior conditioning. The Ducks work so hard in practice that the games are actually easier. When I saw that the Ducks and Bruins were tied at halftime, I knew that the Ducks would blow the game open in the second half, for no one can keep up with the Ducks for a full four quarters. Ducks win the third quarter 7-0 before routing UCLA 21-0 in the fourth. Their offense in the fourth quarter was a lot crisper with virtually none of the mindless mistakes they made so often in the first half, and their defense was a lot more suffocating. What started as a close game between two highly ranked teams turned into yet another Duck blowout.
GO DUCKS!!!

Congrats to your Ducks. Hope to see you in January. Florida State still has something to say about that. And we still have work to do against LSU and the Barn.

Selam
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:24:55 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #5607 on: October 26, 2013, 10:28:59 PM »

GO DUCKS!!!

Congrats to your Ducks. Hope to see you in January. Florida State still has something to say about that. And we still have work to do against LSU and the Barn.

Selam

In the 2012-2013 school year, Auburn has about 50 more students on football scholarships, than they had graduate.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:29:11 PM by TheMathematician » Logged

SCREW BON JOVI!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5608 on: October 26, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »

GO DUCKS!!!

Selam

In the 2012-2013 school year, Auburn has about 50 more students on football scholarships, than they had graduate.

Not surprising. BAMA, on the other hand, led all Top 25 teams in graduation rates last year.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20121025/WIRE/121029740

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5609 on: October 27, 2013, 01:55:31 AM »

GO DUCKS!!!

Congrats to your Ducks. Hope to see you in January. Florida State still has something to say about that.
Nah! The Ducks' schedule the rest of the way is strong enough that if the Ducks win out they'll most certainly leapfrog Florida State into the No. 2 spot even if FSU also wins out. We still play Stanford and their bone crunching defense next week and the Civil War the day after Thanksgiving against an Oregon State team that may remain in the Top 25 even after today's tough loss to Stanford. If we win those two games and the two games in between, we'll then play most likely UCLA (again) in the Pac-12 championship game. Who does FSU play the rest of the way? #7 Miami (FL) and four unranked opponents.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:57:23 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5610 on: October 27, 2013, 01:59:18 AM »

What a way to lose a World Series game! Give up the game winning run by tripping the base runner trying to score from third. Oy ve! Tongue
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5611 on: October 27, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »

What a way to lose a World Series game! Give up the game winning run by tripping the base runner trying to score from third. Oy ve! Tongue
Speaking of the WS...the NFL ratings have doubled the MLB. Their next TV contract is going to hurt IMO.

It's boring watching the same old high payroll teams battle it out for the title year after year, and that is my entire problem with the MLB.

Even the worst game televised, maybe ever, of MINvNYG had better ratings
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:16:57 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5612 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »

It's a rough year to be a Giant's fan.

Oh yeah it is.  Cry

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #5613 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »

Ugh, first Penn State lost by it's widest margin in 100 years and now the Steelers are sucking it up against the Raiders.  This is a bad football weekend for me.  Angry

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5614 on: October 27, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »

On the other hand, Dallas-Detroit is really getting good in the final minutes.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #5615 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »

So the 'Skins just went up on Denver, not sure if I should get my hopes up or just wait for the implosion.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5616 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:18 PM »

Selam

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5617 on: October 27, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »

So the 'Skins just went up on Denver, not sure if I should get my hopes up or just wait for the implosion.
lol

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5618 on: October 27, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »

GO DUCKS!!!

Congrats to your Ducks. Hope to see you in January. Florida State still has something to say about that.
Nah! The Ducks' schedule the rest of the way is strong enough that if the Ducks win out they'll most certainly leapfrog Florida State into the No. 2 spot even if FSU also wins out.
Well, it seems to have happened already. Oregon just leapfrogged FSU into No. 2 in the BCS rankings even though both teams won big on Saturday.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #5619 on: October 27, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »

lol

Cry
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5620 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »

GO DUCKS!!!

Nah! The Ducks' schedule the rest of the way is strong enough that if the Ducks win out they'll most certainly leapfrog Florida State into the No. 2 spot even if FSU also wins out.
Well, it seems to have happened already. Oregon just leapfrogged FSU into No. 2 in the BCS rankings even though both teams won big on Saturday.

I think that's warranted. If your Ducks win out, they will have played a tougher schedule and will deserve to be in the National Championship. I hope we make it there too.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5621 on: October 28, 2013, 12:16:01 AM »

Can these World Series game endings get any weirder? Last night a game ending obstruction call. Tonight a game ending pickoff. Welcome to the Big Leagues, rookie!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:17:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #5622 on: October 28, 2013, 12:18:25 AM »

Thomas Vanek :-( :-(

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

SCREW BON JOVI!
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #5623 on: October 28, 2013, 01:21:45 AM »

So I'm beginning to think the Bengals are really, really good. Like, totally capable of winning a Super Bowl good. I'm not sure how much of that sentiment is coming from my shameless homerism and my post-blowout euphoria, and I recognize that today's game had exceptionally good performances by a lot of our key players that may or may not be repeated against a mediocre team on a bad day, but right now I really think this is our year. Fun fact: Every other Bengals game won by 40 points or more in franchise history has been against the Houston Oilers. The Houston Oilers are also the last team against whom the Bengals have won a playoff game. I'm gonna interpret this as some sort of sign. This is our year.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5624 on: October 30, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »

ugh.

Greg Oden. Why do you make me want to root for the Heat now?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: