OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 29, 2014, 11:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 441837 times) Average Rating: 5
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5265 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

I still don't understand why you are being so flippantly dismissive. Just putting a stat out there,  you can do the math yourself.

Now I'm onto to the next post...

Don't let Sportscenter eat away at your brain.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5266 on: June 17, 2013, 11:40:46 AM »

I still don't understand why you are being so flippantly dismissive. Just putting a stat out there,  you can do the math yourself.

Now I'm onto to the next post...

Don't let Sportscenter eat away at your brain.

Sheesh, I was looking for a simple record of previous finals in a simple table to do some analysis for achronos to show this is a BS stat, found nothing, but someone else did something similar:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/11/4419160/nba-finals-history-spurs-heat

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5267 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »

I guess you could also say that the only team to lose a series after winning game one on the road and game three at home since the 2-3-2 is the Miami Heat.

Too bad they can't play themselves.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5268 on: June 17, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »

You can play "My stat is bigger than your stat" all you want, Achronos, but it ain't going to help your Spurs win this series.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5269 on: June 17, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »

Y'all remember how the University of Louisville won the NCAA Tournament? Well we're going to the World Series, too! And that's on top of winning the Sugar Bowl in football and reaching the championship game of the Women's Basketball Tournament.

Louisville clearly has the best athletic program of any college in America.
Heh, heh! Maybe my Oregon State Beavers will meet your Cardinals in the winners' bracket Game 7. GO BEAVS!
Meh, I guess it's in the losers' bracket that they meet.
Sorry, William, but it looks as if your Cardinals are going to be the first team to go two-and-out in the CWS. We're not even half way into the first elimination game, and the Beavers already lead 10-0. Your fielders giving up 7 unearned runs on 4 errors ain't helping.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:51:28 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #5270 on: June 17, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »

You can play "My stat is bigger than your stat" all you want, Achronos, but it ain't going to help your Spurs win this series.
Didn't say it was gonna help.

You got a warped view of my posts, Peter.

Now answer the real question:

What is your favorite NBA team?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:26:13 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5271 on: June 17, 2013, 06:32:29 PM »

Didn't say it was gonna help.

You got a warped view of my posts, Peter.
Yes, they are warped, aren't they? Wink I'm not the one who posts a running commentary about every NBA Finals game as he's watching it.

Now answer the real question:
How is that a real question?

What is your favorite NBA team?
If I told you, I'd have to kill you. Wink
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:37:09 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5272 on: June 17, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »

Y'all remember how the University of Louisville won the NCAA Tournament? Well we're going to the World Series, too! And that's on top of winning the Sugar Bowl in football and reaching the championship game of the Women's Basketball Tournament.

Heh, heh! Maybe my Oregon State Beavers will meet your Cardinals in the winners' bracket Game 7. GO BEAVS!
Sorry, William, but it looks as if your Cardinals are going to be the first team to go two-and-out in the CWS. We're not even half way into the first elimination game, and the Beavers already lead 10-0. Your fielders giving up 7 unearned runs on 4 errors ain't helping.
Well, that's over. Oregon State 11, Louisville 4. Bye bye, birdies.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5273 on: June 17, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »

Is it the Lakers?

The Celtics?

The Trailblazers?

Or the defunct SuperSonics?

Don't worry I won't think your opinions are bias at all. Judging from your top players picks, they are anything but.

Don't know what the big secret is.

Maybe it's the Charlotte BobcatsHornets!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5274 on: June 17, 2013, 06:40:49 PM »

He doesn't want to say because he's hiding a terrible secret. Here is a pic of his favorite player on his favorite team:

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider." - Francis Bacon
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5275 on: June 17, 2013, 06:43:41 PM »

Peter likes them flopping as hard as the sardines out of orthornom's can

Poop can actually.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5276 on: June 17, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »

Well, that's over. Oregon State 11, Louisville 4. Bye bye, birdies.

I didn't see the game because I thought it would be on later tonight. But looking at that score...wow. Terrible end for the season especially after the awful game on Saturday. We are bad.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5277 on: June 18, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »

2003 Tim Duncan is playing right now.

And it owns.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5278 on: June 18, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »

OMG HOW DID DUNCAN MAKE THAT SHOT?!?!!?!!?!?

UNREAL

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5279 on: June 18, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Battier with the BS 3.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5280 on: June 18, 2013, 09:24:05 PM »

US vs. Honduras
World Cup qualifier
0 - 0
And no one's winning

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider." - Francis Bacon
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5281 on: June 18, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5282 on: June 18, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »

Battier with the BS 3.
Do you have a Twitter account?
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5283 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:28 PM »

Should I get one?

And I want Duncan's autograph

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5284 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »

Hey orthonorm. The over/under on Duncan's points this game was 18.5. He crushed that in just the first half.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5285 on: June 18, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »

Hey orthonorm. The over/under on Duncan's points this game was 18.5. He crushed that in just the first half.

Must be all the D&D.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5286 on: June 18, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5287 on: June 18, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »

Should I get one?
Yes. It's a more appropriate place for a running one-liner commentary on an NBA Finals game than OC.net.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:38:28 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5288 on: June 18, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »

The Pittsburgh Trib is reporting that Letang is most likely gone, Fleury will most likely stay, and Iginla might sign. Another interesting story was on how the Malkin deal was done, in which they talked about how Crosby was fine with Malkin making more (as far as the cap goes), and Malkin was willing to structure his contract so that the Pens would continue to have financial flexibility in keeping/adding supporting players. Good deal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:34:03 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5289 on: June 19, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »

Down 10 with 12 minutes to go...
Down 5 with less than 30 seconds to go...
The all-time leader in career 3-pointers made ties the game with a 3 with 5 seconds left to force OT.
The fifth best free throw shooter of all time (the same guy) puts his team up 3 with two clutch free throws inside the final second of OT.
LeBron scores another triple-double with 32 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds.

Miami Heat 103, San Antonio Spurs 100 (OT)

Next up: Game 7 for all the marbles.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:12:32 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5290 on: June 19, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »

Lebron James can thank Ray Allen for averting the "choke" label in Game 6.  Kawhi Leonard choked for missing the first free throw that would've won championship #5 for the Spurs.

With the Big 3 of the Spurs old and done, I think James explodes for 50 in Game 7 and silences his detractors once and for all with his second championship.

PS: Even if James explodes for 50, I hope I'm wrong and that the Spurs Big 3 have one "final" game left in the tank.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #5291 on: June 19, 2013, 01:16:15 AM »

Dang! That was a tough loss. Great game though by both teams. Excellent basketball on both sides. Congrats to the Heat on pulling that one out. I'm afraid the Spurs needed to win this one. But they've proven they can come back from every loss. So we'll see. Hope they can do it.

Popovich has to own this loss. Spurs should have fouled when they were up by three with 29 seconds left. All they had to do was prevent a 3 pointer or a "and one." But they didn't foul and the Heat got the three they needed in the waning seconds.

Popovich will be questioned for sticking with Ginobli. But I can live with that decision. Ginobli played poorly, but he is one of the Spurs best players and Popovich had confidence in him. More questionable was why the Spurs got away from Duncan in the second half. He dominated in the first half. But no reason for the Spurs to blow a five point lead that late in regulation.

Lebron decided to play like a man in the fourth quarter. Which once again begs the question: why doesn't he play like that all the time? Even if the Heat win game 7 and Lebron scores 50, that still won't negate a lot of warranted criticism of Lebron and the Heat. They have continued to underachieve, and I continue to call them soft.

But that was a great basketball game all the way around. One of the best NBA games I've ever seen. Congrats to Miami on pulling out a tremendous victory. I think they win game 7 easily. Spurs needed to close it out tonight, and they blew it. I don't see them bouncing back from this one. But one thing about this series is that it's completely unpredictable. So I shouldn't count them out.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5292 on: June 19, 2013, 01:35:18 AM »

Dang! That was a tough loss. Great game though by both teams. Excellent basketball on both sides. Congrats to the Heat on pulling that one out. I'm afraid the Spurs needed to win this one. But they've proven they can come back from every loss. So we'll see. Hope they can do it.

Popovich has to own this loss. Spurs should have fouled when they were up by three with 29 seconds left. All they had to do was prevent a 3 pointer or a "and one." But they didn't foul and the Heat got the three they needed in the waning seconds.

Popovich will be questioned for sticking with Ginobli. But I can live with that decision. Ginobli played poorly, but he is one of the Spurs best players and Popovich had confidence in him. More questionable was why the Spurs got away from Duncan in the second half. He dominated in the first half. But no reason for the Spurs to blow a five point lead that late in regulation.

Lebron decided to play like a man in the fourth quarter. Which once again begs the question: why doesn't he play like that all the time? Even if the Heat win game 7 and Lebron scores 50, that still won't negate a lot of warranted criticism of Lebron and the Heat. They have continued to underachieve, and I continue to call them soft.

But that was a great basketball game all the way around. One of the best NBA games I've ever seen. Congrats to Miami on pulling out a tremendous victory. I think they win game 7 easily. Spurs needed to close it out tonight, and they blew it. I don't see them bouncing back from this one. But one thing about this series is that it's completely unpredictable. So I shouldn't count them out.

Selam

I don't have the energy to break out your comments, so I'll address them in general (I nearly took a bar apart in the last 8 minutes of the game).

Yeah, I don't understand why the Spurs didn't foul then.

Lebron has lived down to your expectations most of this series. He has been "soft" beyond belief and it is embarrassing. Worse is his entitled looks for fouls. Tonight with just minutes left in a likely loss he sat on the floor yelling for a foul while the Spurs drove the ball up the court. I would (wow I actually cursed there) have a long and spirited talk about his seeming attempts to merely draw fouls without driving for the shot then getting back on defense.

Given the fact I nearly killed people tonight over this game (a lot of non basketball fans showed up at the bar to cheer against Lebron or just keep whining about fouls which nearly started a race war), I am not sure you can count San Antonio out. One thing is certain, they played a great game tonight and the Heat didn't, and the Spurs lost.

But I could see the Spurs winning game seven. The have better coaching. Deeper pool of talent and experience. It's Miami's series to lose and what I saw tonight wasn't too reassuring. San Antonio ain't gonna be shook like Miami seems capable of.

I wouldn't bet on the next game give the odds right now. I wouldn't've bet tonight either.

Lebron for his own sense of sanity better pull off an amazing performance in game seven win or lose.

So Gebre, let's say Lebron closes game seven huge with a win, who does the series MVP go to?

Could you be looking at the losing squad getting an MVP nod? Green or Duncan?

I don't see how Lebron earns it, unless maybe he single handedly wins game seven in a close out manner.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:35:56 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5293 on: June 19, 2013, 01:43:05 AM »

Rules? Baseball don't need no stinkin rules!

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5294 on: June 19, 2013, 01:49:23 AM »

Selam

I don't have the energy to break out your comments, so I'll address them in general (I nearly took a bar apart in the last 8 minutes of the game).

Lebron has lived down to your expectations most of this series. He has been "soft" beyond belief and it is embarrassing. Worse is his entitled looks for fouls. Tonight with just minutes left in a likely loss he sat on the floor yelling for a foul while the Spurs drove the ball up the court. I would (wow I actually cursed there) have a long and spirited talk about his seeming attempts to merely draw fouls without driving for the shot then getting back on defense.

Given the fact I nearly killed people tonight over this game (a lot of non basketball fans showed up at the bar to cheer against Lebron or just keep whining about fouls which nearly started a race war), I am not sure you can count San Antonio out. One thing is certain, they played a great game tonight and the Heat didn't, and the Spurs lost.

But I could see the Spurs winning game seven. The have better coaching. Deeper pool of talent and experience. It's Miami's series to lose and what I saw tonight wasn't too reassuring. San Antonio ain't gonna be shook like Miami seems capable of.

I wouldn't bet on the next game give the odds right now. I wouldn't've bet tonight either.

Lebron for his own sense of sanity better pull off an amazing performance in game seven win or lose.

So Gebre, let's say Lebron closes game seven huge with a win, who does the series MVP go to?

I don't see how Lebron earns it, unless maybe he single handedly wins game seven in a close out manner.

Good thoughts brother. Do I dare say we agree in our assessment?

If Lebron dominates game 7 then I give him the MVP of the series. His performance in tonight's fourth quarter was excellent. If he plays four quarters like that in game 7, then those combined 5 quarters will have been the difference in the series. So I'd give it to him.

But even if the Spurs lose, I'm convinced that Tim Duncan is a better player than Lebron. At least right now. Lebron has lots of years left and he'll only get better. But Duncan is much more consistent right now. I hope the Spurs will use him for four quarters in game 7 like they used him in the first two quarters of tonight's game.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5295 on: June 19, 2013, 02:13:36 AM »

Selam

If Lebron dominates game 7 then I give him the MVP of the series. His performance in tonight's fourth quarter was excellent. If he plays four quarters like that in game 7, then those combined 5 quarters will have been the difference in the series. So I'd give it to him.

But even if the Spurs lose, I'm convinced that Tim Duncan is a better player than Lebron. At least right now. Lebron has lots of years left and he'll only get better. But Duncan is much more consistent right now. I hope the Spurs will use him for four quarters in game 7 like they used him in the first two quarters of tonight's game.

Selam

From a raw statistical analysis, Lebron is simply the best player in the series, but I am not sure if that necessarily translates immediately into being an MVP, as counter-intuitive as that sounds.

I think leadership and how someone handles themselves on the court and some other so-called intangibles should be considered and can't help but be considered.

I dunno, I just don't like Lebron's attitude during this series and wouldn't mind seeing the Heat take the series and give Duncan the MVP. He is implacable, honest, and humble.  A real sportsman along with being the real center of the team on the court rather than Lebron who is at best a catalyst and sometime leader. He is only 28 which I constantly find myself reminding people of. I don't know what they expected from a 25 year old when he moved to Miami or even a 28 year old in terms of team leadership.

Given his absurd talent, absurd remuneration for that talent, he has held it together as well as any young person I imagine could.

Stats are going to lead you to Lebron in nearly any series, as he is simply the greatest basketball player alive.

Part of me would like to see Duncan get some accolade and perhaps take a little from Lebron. Unlike the haters I was around tonight, I think it would be good for him in the long run and the league to recognize the consistency of character, poise, and performance of Duncan.

Then boot that straw man of a coach in Miami and get someone who can coach Lebron and really develop him into the potential he has to become the sort of presence Duncan is on the court. If can't coach your star, you can't coach anyone else.

I am wired and tired, so with a grain of salt.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5296 on: June 19, 2013, 02:46:35 AM »

Selam

Selam

From a raw statistical analysis, Lebron is simply the best player in the series, but I am not sure if that necessarily translates immediately into being an MVP, as counter-intuitive as that sounds.

I think leadership and how someone handles themselves on the court and some other so-called intangibles should be considered and can't help but be considered.

I dunno, I just don't like Lebron's attitude during this series and wouldn't mind seeing the Heat take the series and give Duncan the MVP. He is implacable, honest, and humble.  A real sportsman along with being the real center of the team on the court rather than Lebron who is at best a catalyst and sometime leader. He is only 28 which I constantly find myself reminding people of. I don't know what they expected from a 25 year old when he moved to Miami or even a 28 year old in terms of team leadership.

Given his absurd talent, absurd remuneration for that talent, he has held it together as well as any young person I imagine could.

Stats are going to lead you to Lebron in nearly any series, as he is simply the greatest basketball player alive.

Part of me would like to see Duncan get some accolade and perhaps take a little from Lebron. Unlike the haters I was around tonight, I think it would be good for him in the long run and the league to recognize the consistency of character, poise, and performance of Duncan.

Then boot that straw man of a coach in Miami and get someone who can coach Lebron and really develop him into the potential he has to become the sort of presence Duncan is on the court. If can't coach your star, you can't coach anyone else.

I am wired and tired, so with a grain of salt.

You must be tired and out of your mind, because I actually agree with everything you said. Get some sleep and tomorrow you'll realize once again how wrong I am.  Wink

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5297 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:36 AM »

Miami Heat fans are the worst. How do you leave a game like that?

I'm still trying to catch up.

Lebron looks gassed in the post game interview.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5298 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:45 AM »

Miami Heat fans are the worst. How do you leave a game like that?

I'm still trying to catch up.

Lebron looks gassed in the post game interview.

One of the many reasons I don't like the Heat. Soft, soft, soft. Miami fans may be softer than Laker fans. I guess no matter how exciting the game is, when the coke wears off they have to bail to get another fix.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Moderated
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #5299 on: June 19, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »

I hate sports but I felt like mentioning that my cousin went to prom with Kobe Bryant's cousin, and Kobe Bryant was there too with his date Brandy. They're all in a picture together and Brandy looks like an alien as usual.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5300 on: June 19, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »

"Update: NBC Miami got footage of disappointed fans leaving, and interviewed actual Miami fans depressed that their team did not rise to the occasion because they were unaware the Heat had actually won the game. It's as amazing as it sounds."
Heat vs. Spurs: Miami fans leave Game 6 early, miss incredible ending
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/19/4443978/heat-spurs-fans-leave-early-nba-finals-2013

ROFFFFFFFFFFFFFFL!!!!!!!!

They do not deserve this team at all.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5301 on: June 19, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »

Should I get one?
Yes. It's a more appropriate place for a running one-liner commentary on an NBA Finals game than OC.net.

No, I think it is pretty awesome.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5302 on: June 19, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »

"Update: NBC Miami got footage of disappointed fans leaving, and interviewed actual Miami fans depressed that their team did not rise to the occasion because they were unaware the Heat had actually won the game. It's as amazing as it sounds."
Heat vs. Spurs: Miami fans leave Game 6 early, miss incredible ending
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/19/4443978/heat-spurs-fans-leave-early-nba-finals-2013

I was behind enemy lines and folks were trying to get me to leave. I held down the fort and again nearly killed people.

The fans leaving is ridiculous but those people ain't the fans. People who can afford to attend any NBA games on a regular basis ain't the fan base of any team.

Good grief, look at the complexion of the people.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:44:11 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5303 on: June 19, 2013, 01:06:39 PM »

Must be all the D&D.
LOL William made a funny!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #5304 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »

Heat vs. Spurs: Miami fans leave Game 6 early, miss incredible ending

I was behind enemy lines and folks were trying to get me to leave. I held down the fort and again nearly killed people.

The fans leaving is ridiculous but those people ain't the fans. People who can afford to attend any NBA games on a regular basis ain't the fan base of any team.

Good grief, look at the complexion of the people.

I paid 12$ for my tikets for the Raptors game, haha. Easily affordable
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5305 on: June 19, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

Selam
Funny how when LeBron doesn't score as much as expected, most people blame him for choking or "not playing like a man" and give no credit to the tough defense played against him.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:09:09 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5306 on: June 19, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 13m
NBA confirms that Duncan was illegally substituted by the Spurs after Ray Allen 3 review. Wow. http://cbsprt.co/103pLjW

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5307 on: June 19, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 13m
NBA confirms that Duncan was illegally substituted by the Spurs after Ray Allen 3 review. Wow. http://cbsprt.co/103pLjW

Interesting.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5308 on: June 19, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »

I would like to say that this Ricky Davis video owns:

Ricky Davis Triple Double Ripoff - Ricky Davis misses a shot intentionally to get a handicapped triple double.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw&feature=player_embedded

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5309 on: June 19, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »

Phil Jackson @PhilJackson11
https://twitter.com/philjackson11/status/347485278434377728

Free throws; how one gets on the court in pick-up bball. How important is that, right Manu/Kawhi? I just had to lift shot up/over the belly

LMAO

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: