OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 10:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 395346 times) Average Rating: 5
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #5130 on: June 07, 2013, 10:33:21 PM »

thank god this embarrasment is over

2 goals in 4 games

fire bylsma and fleury into the sun

right now

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #5131 on: June 07, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »

BRUINS WIN BRUINS WIN WITH THE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP 1-0

thing i made for the occasion

Darth McQuaid

SCREW BON JOVI!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5132 on: June 07, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »

vokoun was amazing

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5133 on: June 08, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »

should i wade out tonight and get some pizza?

or bosh it up with a trip for a burger?

maybe some duncan donuts.

or go to eat n' parker

too many bad choices....

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5134 on: June 09, 2013, 02:58:45 AM »

Congrats to Boston. I'm not sure how much it was you destroying us, and how much we just played like bums... but either way, you were a whole lot better.

thank god this embarrasment is over

2 goals in 4 games

fire bylsma and fleury into the sun

Maybe we can trade Fleury and Kris Letang for something more valuable, like a sack of potatoes or something.

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5135 on: June 09, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »

Bruins-Hawks. Time to stock up on beer.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5136 on: June 09, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »

lebron is being outplayed by both danny green and kawhi leonard right now

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5137 on: June 09, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »

ginobli is a wizard with threes and passes but cant dribble worth crap

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5138 on: June 09, 2013, 09:35:22 PM »

green and chalmers leading their respective teams in the nba finals

what

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5139 on: June 09, 2013, 09:35:40 PM »

trade wade and james and max out chalmers and birdman

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5140 on: June 09, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »

Hate to break it to you, Achronos, but the Heat have just opened up a can of whooparse.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:57:07 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5141 on: June 09, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »

well that escalated quickly

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5142 on: June 09, 2013, 10:00:10 PM »

Damn straight it did! Shocked
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5143 on: June 09, 2013, 10:01:22 PM »

I wanted to get in on the under today. The Heat look to make that to have been a bad decision if I had had . . .

Oh subjunctive, I'll never understand you.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5144 on: June 09, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »

OH MY THAT BLOCK

OHHHHHHHHHH

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5145 on: June 09, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »

lebron sequence: block, assist, steal, dunk. all back to back.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5146 on: June 09, 2013, 10:05:25 PM »

tmac baby

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5147 on: June 09, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »

Keep floppin' Miami. Keep floppin'.

This series is just too funny. Even if the Heat do win it all, they have drastically underachieved with the way they have played. I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Heat are soft as South Beach!

Selam
Oy! Sad You and your lack of perspective. The 1992 Chicago Bulls team that won 67 regular season games the year after winning their first ever NBA title and is considered by at least one source to be the best of the six NBA champion Bulls teams--yes, even better than the team that went 72-10... They needed a full 7 games to beat the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. One thing this year's "underachieving" Heat team has in common with that great Jordan led Bulls team: The Heat have yet to lose consecutive games in this year's playoffs.
This just in: In this year's playoffs, the Heat are unbeaten with an average victory margin of 22 points in games immediately following a loss. Granted, to win this series they need to actually win consecutive games, which they failed to in the Indiana series.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:28:31 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #5148 on: June 10, 2013, 01:31:56 AM »

That was ugly! Total dominance by the Heat against a great team. When those guys decide they actually want to play, they're unstoppable. Which is once again why I don't respect them. So much talent and so much potential that is too often stagnant and unfulfilled. But perhaps tonight the switch was turned on permanently. We'll see. But hats off to them for a great game tonight. That's for sure. I wonder how the Spurs will bounce back from this one.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5149 on: June 10, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »

That was ugly! Total dominance by the Heat against a great team. When those guys decide they actually want to play, they're unstoppable. Which is once again why I don't respect them. So much talent and so much potential that is too often stagnant and unfulfilled. But perhaps tonight the switch was turned on permanently. We'll see. But hats off to them for a great game tonight. That's for sure. I wonder how the Spurs will bounce back from this one.
Gebre, do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone not named Michael Jordan?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:32:32 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5150 on: June 10, 2013, 03:04:14 AM »

Gebre, do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone not named Michael Jordan?

Peter, do you ever see anything positive in anything I post, or are you just drawn to negativity? Our vision is often determined by our outlook.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5151 on: June 10, 2013, 03:11:02 AM »

Peter, do you ever see anything positive in anything I post, or are you just drawn to negativity?
Gebre, the same could be said for your posts. Your posts about the Heat are generally so full of negativity that on the odd chance you actually say something positive it's a backhanded compliment. "Which is once again why I don't respect them." You took a positive and twisted it around to make it a negative. Maybe, then, your accusations of me are actually an accusation of yourself. Do you ever see anything positive in what the Heat do on the court, or are you just drawn to negativity?

Our vision is often determined by our outlook.
A little self-examination goes a long way, Gebre.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:14:43 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5152 on: June 10, 2013, 03:29:17 AM »

Peter, do you ever see anything positive in anything I post, or are you just drawn to negativity?
Gebre, the same could be said for your posts. Your posts about the Heat are generally so full of negativity that on the odd chance you actually say something positive it's a backhanded compliment. "Which is once again why I don't respect them." You took a positive and twisted it around to make it a negative. Maybe, then, your accusations of me are actually an accusation of yourself. Do you ever see anything positive in what the Heat do on the court, or are you just drawn to negativity?

Our vision is often determined by our outlook.
A little self-examination goes a long way, Gebre.

Self examination for me would be a superfluous endeavor. You're my flawless examiner Peter.  Wink

Selam

William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #5153 on: June 10, 2013, 03:57:56 AM »

Y'all remember how the University of Louisville won the NCAA Tournament? Well we're going to the World Series, too! And that's on top of winning the Sugar Bowl in football and reaching the championship game of the Women's Basketball Tournament.

Louisville clearly has the best athletic program of any college in America.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:58:08 AM by William » Logged

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5154 on: June 10, 2013, 05:00:08 AM »

Y'all remember how the University of Louisville won the NCAA Tournament? Well we're going to the World Series, too! And that's on top of winning the Sugar Bowl in football and reaching the championship game of the Women's Basketball Tournament.

Y'all got it going on for sure! Louisville football ain't no joke right now. I grew up in the ATL as a Georgia Tech fan, so I have a soft spot in my heart for urban centered universities. And it's really cool when they do well in football. So, congrats bro. You are right to be proud.

Selam

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #5155 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »

Gotta favorite?  (Team AND beer, that is  Grin.)

I like the Bruins, but I'm really hoping it'll go to 7 games!!  Gonna miss hockey when this is over  Sad.  October can't come soon enough!!  For lots of reasons.

As for beer....well...I like mine dark, but I'm no snob  Grin.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5156 on: June 10, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »

gebre is our very own skip bayless

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5157 on: June 10, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »

Get over the caps lock disability.

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5158 on: June 10, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »

Maryland was on top of the college athletic universe with multiple bowl appearances and wins, men's and women's basketball championships, women's lacrosse and field hockey championships and men's soccer championship.

Now Maryland will be neck to neck with Northwestern and Rutgers in the Big 10.  At least Maryland will play Johns Hopkins in Big 10 men's lacrosse.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:36:02 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5159 on: June 10, 2013, 06:41:27 PM »

i can do caps lock on my phone. should i start posting on my phone?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5160 on: June 10, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »

Why can't you just use shift?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #5161 on: June 10, 2013, 07:34:19 PM »

I like the Bruins, but I'm really hoping it'll go to 7 games!!  Gonna miss hockey when this is over  Sad.  October can't come soon enough!!  For lots of reasons.

Well, neither of these teams is my usual, so I'll be happy for whoever wins. Smiley I'll probably get the cheapest beer pack I can carry. Don't worry, I won't drive anywhere. Smiley

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #5162 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »

Well, neither of these teams is my usual, so I'll be happy for whoever wins. Smiley I'll probably get the cheapest beer pack I can carry. Don't worry, I won't drive anywhere. Smiley

I'll be cheering for the Bruins, and if I could get it in the US, I would be drinking a nice case of rick red(if i could also drink legally in the us, haha) but rick red is quite good.

SCREW BON JOVI!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #5163 on: June 10, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll look for it. Smiley

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #5164 on: June 10, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »

It'll be hard to find outside of Canada, im not sure if it is sold or not outside.

SCREW BON JOVI!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5165 on: June 10, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »

Why can't you just use shift?
are you forgetting that i am half retarded?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5166 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »

I'll take that as a compliment. I like Skip Bayless. Don't always agree with him, but I enjoy watching him debate. He's not nearly as annoying as Stephen A. Smith.

Selam

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #5167 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »

skip bayless is such a moron. he thinks tiago lost control of the ball. no he didnt, watch the gif:

BOOOOM

old man wade:

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5168 on: June 11, 2013, 01:30:31 AM »

Heh, heh! Maybe my Oregon State Beavers will meet your Cardinals in the winners' bracket Game 7. GO BEAVS!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5169 on: June 11, 2013, 02:00:38 AM »

skip bayless is such a moron. he thinks tiago lost control of the ball. no he didnt, watch the gif:

BOOOOM

old man wade:

I missed Skip and Stephen A's discussion yesterday. It was obviously an incredible block. Lebron played like a man in that game. Props.

Selam

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5170 on: June 11, 2013, 11:06:31 PM »

How many steps is Wade gonna take?

Also, Cole did pretty good in his debut. Let's go Bucs!

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5171 on: June 11, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »

Spurs, with their young players leading the way, avenge Game 2 33-5 run by the Heat.  Now the Heat need to lose back to back (and back) games for the first time since February. 
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5172 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »

Spurs, with their young players leading the way, avenge Game 2 33-5 run by the Heat.  Now the Heat need to lose back to back (and back) games for the first time since February. 

I am beginning to believe in ghetto conspiracy theories.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5173 on: June 11, 2013, 11:57:25 PM »

SPURS! Wow!

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #5174 on: June 12, 2013, 12:37:03 AM »

Actually, no. The Spurs don't need to beat the Heat in back-to-back games to win this series.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: