OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 12:29:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 348992 times) Average Rating: 5
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4545 on: December 02, 2012, 04:54:59 AM »

Hate to say it, but Rudy Ruettiger is a fraud.

In what way? Only in 3 plays?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #4546 on: December 02, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »

It's what he is alleged to have done in just the past couple of years. I think I was a bit hard on him based on the current record, but he did pay a big chunk of money to have charges of securities fraud against him dropped.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #4547 on: December 02, 2012, 05:05:55 AM »

It's what he is alleged to have done in just the past couple of years. I think I was a bit hard on him based on the current record, but he did pay a big chunk of money to have charges of securities fraud against him dropped.
That said, I suspect that this year's Notre Dame team, to which Rudy has no connection either as a coach or as a player, is clearly overrated and will get their butts handed to them by Alabama. Sure, they beat some really good teams in close games, but they also played down to the level of some of the lesser teams they beat. Are they really good enough to have beaten teams like Stanford, or did they just get lucky enough to win some close games? I know they both played Michigan early in the season, but it's still noteworthy that Notre Dame beat Michigan by a single TD weeks after Alabama blew the Wolverines out by 35.

Of course, Notre Dame's calling card this year has been defense, even if their offense has struggled. This makes them the kind of team that could shut down a great offense and beat their opponent merely by scoring a few points more. So they'll either beat Alabama by a score of something like 13-6 or they'll lose 13-35. They're not going to score many points, so they'll need to hold Bama down to an even lower score to win. If they can't do that, then they're going to get blown out.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:14:25 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #4548 on: December 02, 2012, 06:12:15 AM »

That said, I suspect that this year's Notre Dame team, to which Rudy has no connection either as a coach or as a player, is clearly overrated and will get their butts handed to them by Alabama. Sure, they beat some really good teams in close games, but they also played down to the level of some of the lesser teams they beat. Are they really good enough to have beaten teams like Stanford, or did they just get lucky enough to win some close games? I know they both played Michigan early in the season, but it's still noteworthy that Notre Dame beat Michigan by a single TD weeks after Alabama blew the Wolverines out by 35.

Of course, Notre Dame's calling card this year has been defense, even if their offense has struggled. This makes them the kind of team that could shut down a great offense and beat their opponent merely by scoring a few points more. So they'll either beat Alabama by a score of something like 13-6 or they'll lose 13-35. They're not going to score many points, so they'll need to hold Bama down to an even lower score to win. If they can't do that, then they're going to get blown out.

I tend to think that your assessment is correct. I hope you're right. But I'm not counting my crystal eggs before they're hatched. I think it's pretty cool that BAMA and Notre Dame are playing for the National Championship. I always like our chances when Saban has 5 weeks to prepare. And Notre Dame is not an unconventional team like Texas A&M. They're physical and defensive oriented. I respect that. But I don't see them beating us at our own game. I expect a tough game though. But I'm really going to enjoy these weeks leading up to it. So proud and happy right now.

ROLL TIDE!

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4549 on: December 02, 2012, 06:49:32 AM »

ROLL ON THE TEARS!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #4550 on: December 02, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

NCAA FCS Play-Offs Round 2: Montana State 16 - 10 Stony Brook
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=323360147

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4551 on: December 02, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

Congrats, Gebre.

That was one hell of a game between two great teams. Couldn't have been much closer, but someone's gotta lose. Just glad it was a good game! Still proud to be a dawg!!!

Thank you for that show of class and sportsmanship.

Wow. Incredible game. My heart is still racing. I still don't know how we pulled that one out. A great game by both teams. UGA has a lot to be proud of. Y'all gave us a true "dawg fight." Congrats on a well played game. You all have a lot to look forward to in the future. I thought it was gonna be y'alls night, but my Crimson Tide rose to the top once again. I am so proud right now. But UGA should be proud too.

Selam

Nick once again pulls a lucky horse shoe out of his bum. laugh

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4552 on: December 02, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »

NCAA FCS Play-Offs Round 2: Montana State 16 -10 Stony Brook

Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4553 on: December 02, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »

Habte would have to leave this forum.

GET OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BY A 3RD STRINGER
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:33:44 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4554 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:23 AM »

Goodbye Beckham!

Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Fear the Tooth

« Reply #4555 on: December 03, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »

Today the Steelers restored my faith. Today I repented of my doubt. Today... today was a glorious day!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:40:00 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #4556 on: December 03, 2012, 12:44:22 AM »

Today the Steelers restored my faith. Today I repented of my doubt. Today... today was a glorious day!
You're still tied with Cincinnati for second in the division.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Fear the Tooth

« Reply #4557 on: December 03, 2012, 12:46:54 AM »

Hey, I didn't say they won the Super Bowl, I just said they restored my faith.  Grin If you would have asked me last Sunday if I thought they could make the playoffs I would have said absolutely not. Now I at least think there's a fair chance.
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #4558 on: December 03, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »

That was as much of a gloat that "Hey, Cincinnati's legitimately in the running for that spot too." as anything. Although making the playoffs hasn't boded too well for the Bengals under Lewis.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4559 on: December 03, 2012, 01:27:49 AM »

Bengals might be best in the division.

Oh man that just hit me hard. I couldn't watch the game today, wasn't on my cable box.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4560 on: December 03, 2012, 02:10:03 AM »

Congrats, Gebre.

That was one hell of a game between two great teams. Couldn't have been much closer, but someone's gotta lose. Just glad it was a good game! Still proud to be a dawg!!!

Wow. Incredible game. My heart is still racing. I still don't know how we pulled that one out. A great game by both teams. UGA has a lot to be proud of. Y'all gave us a true "dawg fight." Congrats on a well played game. You all have a lot to look forward to in the future. I thought it was gonna be y'alls night, but my Crimson Tide rose to the top once again. I am so proud right now. But UGA should be proud too.

Selam

Yeah, that's it. Saban's consistent success is merely pure luck.  Roll Eyes

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #4561 on: December 03, 2012, 03:23:57 AM »

Congrats, Gebre.

Selam

Well, some of it is. What of the game your guys lost because someone jumped offside on a punt play?
Cymbyz
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #4562 on: December 03, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »

Of my almae matres, Cal is out of bowl contention, Texas draws Oregon St. in the Alamo Bowl, and TCU draws Michigan St. in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.  Both the 'Horns and the 'Frogs will be hard-put to beat their opponents; I think it's a bit too early to say who will win in either bowl game, though Texas against a Pac-12 team and TCU against a BIG team should be classic matchups--never mind the less-than-stellar records.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4563 on: December 03, 2012, 03:53:28 AM »

Congrats, Gebre.

Selam

Yeah, that's it. Saban's consistent success is merely pure luck.  Roll Eyes
Well, some of it is. What of the game your guys lost because someone jumped offside on a punt play?

I don't really believe in "luck." But to win a National Championship you need to have a lot of things go your way. Benefitting from controversial calls, avoiding injuries, capitalizing on the other teams' mistakes, etc. But I don't ascribe these things to luck. Branch Rickey coined one of the most apropos phrases in all of sports: "Luck is the residue of design." So I certainly don't believe that the consistent success of Nick Saban is due to luck.

When we jumped off sides against A&M, that wasn't luck. That was an uncharacteristic error of discipline by our defense. We didn't lose that game because we were unlucky. We lost because Texas A&M simply out played us that day.

Selam
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:55:01 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #4564 on: December 03, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

Its hard to go undefeated these days, especially in the SEC.  Sometimes I think a loss can be good for a team.  UGA probably would have had a better chance at beating Bama if they hadnt lost to A&M.  Once the reality sets in that anything can happen on any given day, youre gonna do anything and everything to make sure it doesnt happen again.  The same could be said for UGA when we got our tails handed to us by South Carolina.  We did not want to lose again, and that was made clear in the SEC championship.  Unfortunately, everyone cant win.

I know everyone ripped the dawgs for their easy schedule.  And it was definitely our easiest schedule that I can remember in my lifetime.  But I always believed we had a really good team as well.  I always believed we could go toe to toe with the best and we proved that we can.  I think we are one of many SEC teams that could beat Notre Dame in the title game.

That said, Gebre, Im rooting for you guys to win it all!  Keep the streak alive for the conference.  Im sure you will!

Roll Tide!!!

and Go Dawgs (of course)!!!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #4565 on: December 03, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

Whats really frustrating is florida going to the Sugar Bowl while we go to the Capital One bowl.  But at the same time they're a great team (even though my hatred for them is through the roof) and they deserve a good bowl game.  It was a privilege to play in the championship game for the best conference in football, but we were a few yards (or few seconds) short and didnt get it done.  We had our chance though....

Ok, im done rambling about my team....

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4566 on: December 03, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »

Its hard to go undefeated these days, especially in the SEC.  Sometimes I think a loss can be good for a team.  UGA probably would have had a better chance at beating Bama if they hadnt lost to A&M.  Once the reality sets in that anything can happen on any given day, youre gonna do anything and everything to make sure it doesnt happen again.  The same could be said for UGA when we got our tails handed to us by South Carolina.  We did not want to lose again, and that was made clear in the SEC championship.  Unfortunately, everyone cant win.

I know everyone ripped the dawgs for their easy schedule.  And it was definitely our easiest schedule that I can remember in my lifetime.  But I always believed we had a really good team as well.  I always believed we could go toe to toe with the best and we proved that we can.  I think we are one of many SEC teams that could beat Notre Dame in the title game.

That said, Gebre, Im rooting for you guys to win it all!  Keep the streak alive for the conference.  Im sure you will!

Roll Tide!!!

and Go Dawgs (of course)!!!

Playing South Carolina and Florida is no easy schedule. Y'all definitely improved as the season progressed. I think there are six teams in the SEC that could potentially beat Notre Dame: BAMA, UGA, Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and LSU. And if we had to play five of those teams in the regular season, we may have lost two games. The SEC is deserving of its reputation.

Selam

William
Protokentarchos

Faith: Netodox
Jurisdiction: OC.net

« Reply #4567 on: December 03, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »

My team (UL) has to play Florida in the Sugar Bowl. The Gators are going down.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. - Psalm 36
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4568 on: December 03, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »

Poor Louisiana Tech

Louisiana Tech won't play in bowl despite 9-3 record

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--louisiana-tech-won-t-play-in-bowl-despite-9-3-record--karl-malone-rips-school-033353941.html

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4569 on: December 03, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »

Montana State Football 2012 FCS Quarter Finals Teaser

MONTANA STATE vs. Sam Houston State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0vXTEgWfY

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4570 on: December 03, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »

Congrats, Gebre.

Selam

Selam

That Georgia receiver catching that pass the ended the game...was luck. Wink

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #4571 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »

Random thoughts:

1) We've already seen the National Championship game.  Alabama beat Georgia.  Barely.  They have only a "play-out" to make it formal.

2) FBS needs a playoff.  Whether or not you agree with #1 above, a playoff would make all such comments moot.  Sports questions should be decided on the field.  A playoff system would do that.

3) Peyton Manning is an absolute beast.  Six months ago, I was one of the ones who thought he was one hit away from not only ending his career, but perhaps crippling him for life.  I have underestimated both modern medicine and the man's drive and passion.  My apologies for both errors.

4) Pro basketball has few redeeming qualities.

5) As a life-long lover of baseball, I really, REALLY wish I knew what the heck happened to America's pastime.  Do kids even play the game anymore?
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #4572 on: December 03, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »

Random thoughts:

1) We've already seen the National Championship game.  Alabama beat Georgia.  Barely.  They have only a "play-out" to make it formal.

2) FBS needs a playoff.  Whether or not you agree with #1 above, a playoff would make all such comments moot.  Sports questions should be decided on the field.  A playoff system would do that.

3) Peyton Manning is an absolute beast.  Six months ago, I was one of the ones who thought he was one hit away from not only ending his career, but perhaps crippling him for life.  I have underestimated both modern medicine and the man's drive and passion.  My apologies for both errors.

5) As a life-long lover of baseball, I really, REALLY wish I knew what the heck happened to America's pastime.  Do kids even play the game anymore?

i have a rugby post coming up when i have the thought process to do it, with the polls being drawn today

but, to your post

1: I agree, the sec winner is the national champion since the BCS game existed, with the exception of last year, when the SEC Champion(LSU) lost in the final, to Alabama(also a SEC team, haha, roll tide)

2. TECHNICALLY, there is a playoff system, with the top two teams playing off against each other, aka a playoff of two teams.

3-4 ill skip

5. Im going to blame it on low attention spans, and the DH. No longer is it a game when everyone is expected to do everything, field and hit alike, but rather, fatties like CC Sabathia can pitch and not worry about having to run the bases, which he would be and is too slow to do. And mon that not, it adds in a player that sint good at fielding and would not be a real baseball player, but only can hit a ball with a bat, and that's it.

I lament the death of baseball, and what will come with a odd number of teams in each league. not to mention, only the NL plays real baseball anymore.
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4573 on: December 03, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

Random thoughts:

1) Haha, I think you will be surprised.

2) They do. In FCS we have play-offs and do just fine with itmost fans of non-FBS divisions think the bowl games (or BCS atleast) are kind of silly to be honest. lol

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4574 on: December 03, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

1: I agree, the sec winner is the national champion since the BCS game existed, with the exception of last year, when the SEC Champion(LSU) lost in the final, to Alabama(also a SEC team, haha, roll tide)

2. TECHNICALLY, there is a playoff system, with the top two teams playing off against each other, aka a playoff of two teams.

1) Um no... the SEC didn't win the BCS Championship games in2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006...

2) That is rubbish coming from a rugby fan. The way the two teams are pick is not a play off, they are just two teams CHOSEN to play in the championship game. It is bologna.

Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Fear the Tooth

« Reply #4575 on: December 04, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »

Fantasy football playoffs start for me this week... I grabbed second seed...
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #4576 on: December 04, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »

1) Um no... the SEC didn't win the BCS Championship games in2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006...

2) That is rubbish coming from a rugby fan. The way the two teams are pick is not a play off, they are just two teams CHOSEN to play in the championship game. It is bologna.

The BCS National Championship Game was founded in 2006 (first played in jan 2007) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_National_Championship_Game#Game_results

Oh which, the SEC has never lost. Before that, they used different bowls for use, instead of a separate event.

The way they pick the teams, i can agree with you. However, you dont need to throw tradition out the window, and how the ncaa has done for a long time.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #4577 on: December 04, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »

Random thoughts:

1) I agree.  On Saturday Dec. 1st, Alabama and Georgia were the two best teams in the country.  I really dont know much about Notre Dame, but I have a hard time believing that a team that went into triple overtime against Pittsburgh, and almost lost to Baylor, can beat Alabama. (Or half of the SEC teams for that matter...)

2) A playoff system would be nice.  Mainly to keep a team like Georgia from going to a crappier bowl game than a team like Florida. (Who's now ranked higher because we got to play in the SEC/national championship.)  I saw an article where even Saban was frustrated that if Bama beat us, Georgia wouldnt be able to go to a BCS game.  Kind of glad this system is on its way out.

3) Yea i like Peyton Manning too.

4) Dont care about basketball

5) Baseball is still my number one love. My kids will for sure play baseball.  Ill be the coach. 

— Chrysostom

BLOG
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #4578 on: December 04, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »

NCAA Football (Div I FBS) Predictions

Prediction #1 -- The rise of the playoff.  Following the experiment of 2014, the playoff system will rapidly expand.  It's tough to decide whether to predict an 8-team or a 16-team playoff, but since the FCS already has a 20-team playoff, I'll boldly predict the FBS will wind up with 16.  It'll go something like this:  one week after "conference championship weekend" (essentially the first weekend of December) will be round one, and the following Saturday will be round two.  The field will be down to four teams before Christmas.  On January 1, two of the BCS bowls will host the semifinals, and a third will host the championship a week later.

Current arguments against a playoff will fade:

a) "We don't want to extend the football season."  This won't; the championship game is played on essentially the same day it is now.
b) "We don't want to interfere with the bowl system."  This won't.  The early playoff games will be the minor bowls.  When the Fight Hunger Bowl realizes the draw of an Alabama-TCU matchup versus Nevada-Boston College, they'll be on board.  Big.  And when three BCS bowls each get to host a game with National Championship implications, they'll be on board as well.
c) "We don't want a playoff squeezing other teams out of a bowl."  This won't.  There are already more bowls that exist (or have applied for existence) than there are eligible teams to play in them.  There will be more than enough half-empty stadiums to go around for all those deserving teams.

Prediction #2 -- The (continued) rise of the mega-conference.  14-team conferences will become more the norm than the exception, and 16-team conferences won't be unheard of.  (Heck, the Big East is already scheduled to go to 18, so this isn't really much of a prediction.)  These huge conferences will begin to be shaped by championship matchups that more frequently feature teams that didn't face each other in  the regular season.  

Corollary a  -- Demise of the independents.  At least those who consistently want to be in the hunt will find themselves needing to join a conference.  (And as an aside, I believe Notre Dame's weak performance this year will be part of the catalyst -- "Yep, we've seen this before; go join and win a conference and come see us next year.")

Corollary b -- (This one is wishful thinking, not a prediction.)  Given the above, it would be cool for conferences to establish relegation/promotion schemes.  Instead of seeing Indiana sit in the damp Big-10 cellar year after year, why not give a Western Kentucky the chance to jump in when they're at the top of their game?
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4579 on: December 04, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »

The BCS National Championship Game was founded in 2006 (first played in jan 2007) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_National_Championship_Game#Game_results

Oh which, the SEC has never lost. Before that, they used different bowls for use, instead of a separate event.

The way they pick the teams, i can agree with you. However, you dont need to throw tradition out the window, and how the ncaa has done for a long time.

I am referring to the BCS championship as a whole since 1998 season. For all intents and purposes, the old alternating championship game between the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta bowl was the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. It is the same exact game, just it is now its own seperate bowl, thanks.

Tradition? Really? The NCAA tradition is play-offs (FCS, Div. II, Div. III), get with the program. Wink

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

« Reply #4580 on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »

http://ewn.co.za/2012/12/05/FIFA-launches-goal-line-revolution

For some reason i cant copy and paste parts, but, fifa is trying goal line tech in some japanese matches
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4581 on: December 08, 2012, 03:32:14 AM »

Well Montana State got whooped by Sam Houston State in the play-offs...

Now I have to wait until next year to care about American Football when my Kentucky Wildcats take on the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in Nashville, August 31.

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4582 on: December 08, 2012, 04:54:35 AM »

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #4583 on: December 10, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »

This is the NFL, dude! How does an NFL team allow 58 points while scoring nothing?
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4584 on: December 10, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »

This is the NFL, dude! How does an NFL team allow 58 points while scoring nothing?

Dude, it's the Cardinals...

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #4585 on: December 10, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »

**** the Cowboys.

Veiled obscenity masked out per current anti-obscenity rules.  -PtA

Nice try, but it's not going to get you around our forum's anti-obscenity rules. For violating these rules, you are receiving this warning to last for the next 14 days. If you feel that I'm being unfair, please appeal this warning to me via private message.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:32:04 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Fear the Tooth

« Reply #4586 on: December 10, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »

I have Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, and Andre Johnson (yes, I have a lot of Texans) playing tonight. The other guy is done for the week. I need my remaining guys collectively to get about 58 points to win this round of the playoffs. Yahoo projects that they'll get about 57 points.  Lips Sealed
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4587 on: December 10, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »

**** the Cowboys.

Veiled obscenity masked out per current anti-obscenity rules.  -PtA

Nice try, but it's not going to get you around our forum's anti-obscenity rules. For violating these rules, you are receiving this warning to last for the next 14 days. If you feel that I'm being unfair, please appeal this warning to me via private message.

- PeterTheAleut

And the Texans
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:37:13 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

« Reply #4588 on: December 10, 2012, 04:21:08 PM »

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #4589 on: December 10, 2012, 04:39:17 PM »

I was not able to watch it, but I heard Duke beat Temple.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: