OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:12:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 415275 times) Average Rating: 5
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #3150 on: May 14, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Clippers advance! Woot.

What a game! Memphis already gave me seven heart attacks last year against OKC, that team is hungry.  What made the difference? Something neither Lakers or Heat can generate, a 41-11 advantage from Clippers' bench!  Not that Clippers have that capability just yet, but the team that wins the championships is the team whose bench can capitalize in the clutch.  The Lakers past few came from exceptional break out games from the bench.  How did Boston get there's and also get to the Finals in 2010? A bench that could hold it up with 50 points  a game if needed!  Also, using the bench completely through off Grizzlies' defense strategy which was working against Paul.  CP3 is strategic, but  Bledsoe was coming through with a more wild, chaotic, and yet productive offense which mixed up Memphis.  Plus, Memphis couldn't keep up their intense pace for seven games, just like last year, when OKC's bench equally helped em win it!

Plus the Lakers,  what a game last night!  And the Heat game was good too! A great play-off weekend after a week full of LA let-downs!  Oh yeah, and the Kings are just dominating yet again! Peace out Coyotes, Stanley Cup in LA?  The Staples' Center is one of the first arena's in the history of American professional sports to house multiple semi-final play-off games at the same time.  If Lakers got the championship, and Kings got the Cup, and Dodgers took the World Series, that would simply be an amazing year to be an Angelino!!

About the LeBron triple doubles thing, he is not having to hold up the offense so single-handedly as he traditionally has, so ironically he has a career low for minutes and is below average on points since he has people to reliably pass the ball to.  By the way, how did Lakers pull of the win? Kobe passing the ball.  When Kobe shoots less than 20 shots the Lakers are well above .800!! When he shoots more, the fall more near .500..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #3151 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:45 AM »

CP3 is strategic, but  Bledsoe was coming through with a more wild, chaotic, and yet productive offense which mixed up Memphis

Bledsoe was the man yesterday! Yeah, the Clippers' bench was the difference in game 7, no doubt. Onward!

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3152 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »

I know everyone here just wants to talk about basketball, but heres a nice video of the Cardinals honoring Chipper Jones at his last game at Busch Stadium.  (unless we see them in the playoffs....)

http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/cf4217aa-41cd-4225-970b-884d68a41de2/?vars=bWt0PWVuLXVzJmJyYW5kPUZTX1NvdXRoJmxpbmtvdmVycmlkZTI9aHR0cCUzYSUyZiUyZnd3dy5mb3hzcG9ydHNzb3V0aC5jb20lMmZwYWdlcyUyZnZpZGVvJTNmdmlkZW9pZCUzZCU3YjAlN2QmbGlua2JhY2s9aHR0cCUzYSUyZiUyZnd3dy5mb3hzcG9ydHNzb3V0aC5jb20lMmYmY29uZmlnQ3NpZD1NU05WaWRlbyZjb25maWdOYW1lPXN5bmRpY2F0aW9ucGxheWVyJnN5bmRpY2F0aW9uPXRhZyZwbGF5ZXIuZnI9c2hhcmVlbWJlZC1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbg%3D%3D

(sorry the link is so long. its legit though.)

Go Braves!!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3153 on: May 14, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Its the NBA play-offs and baseball season is still in its infancy.  When the NBA ends in June, the summer will be for MLB and the Olympics.  I been talking about both the Dodgers and the Kings though, LA is looking hot on all fronts! The Dodgers were a World Series team in 2009 when they last took the division, its just the locker room and office that collapsed, not necessarily the talent.  Now that Magic brought his special touch, even if just symbolically, Chavez Ravine is once again making waves.  It  just might be 1987/1988 Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3154 on: May 14, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »

While Bosh getting sidelined is a big concern, LeBron had more rebounds than Bosh and generally does well at the power forward so they just might be fine at least for the Pacers' series..

James has a 29.1 player efficiency rating (PER) as a small forward this season according to 82games website. At power forward? James' PER soars to 37.1, which is simply off-the-charts good.
ESPN
To put that in perspective, here is the NBA all-time career PER leaders..  The Top 5 most efficient players ever?

1) Michael Jordan at 27.91 PER
2) LeBron Jams at 27.24 PER
3) Shaq at 26.43 PER
4) David Robinson 26.18
5) Wilt Chamberlain 26.13
(honorable mention of Dwayne Wade who sits at number 6 at 25.70)  

and to add to the Amare/Melo debate for New York, on the all-time career list Amare ranks as the 26th most efficient player EVER, and Carmelo is 57th (still impressive but in comparison to Amare..)

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:44:54 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #3155 on: May 14, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »

Did he star in this game?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
christian7777
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #3156 on: May 14, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Some of the old NBA video games are really fun actually, like NBA Live 2003.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #3157 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

brodeur is looking a little shake outside the net lately
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3158 on: May 14, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

True, true. I was a teen in the 90s, and I spent many a weekend night playing NBA games, with a can of oh so delicious Mt. Dew on the table beside me, and an-almost-finished bag of Doritos in my lap. Ahh, to be young again!

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3159 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
No..

But Grant Hill is Wink  

Last season Hill joined a unique club, alongside Jordan as the only other player to have a 30/10 game older than 38.  Jordan was 40, the third is Reggie Miller at 34.  I love me some Grant Hill..

The best NBA video game was NBA Live 1999, turning off ALL the rules, pure jungle ball!

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:56:18 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

christian7777
Elder

« Reply #3160 on: May 14, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

True, true. I was a teen in the 90s, and I spent many a weekend night playing NBA games, with a can of oh so delicious Mt. Dew on the table beside me, and an-almost-finished bag of Doritos in my lap. Ahh, to be young again!

That reminds me of how I spent my winter and spring vacations in 8th grade; eating ramen noodles and playing Half-Life 2.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3161 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »

No..
But Grant Hill is Wink  

Last season Hill joined a unique club, alongside Jordan as the only other player to have a 30/10 game older than 38.  Jordan was 40, the third is Reggie Miller at 34.  I love me some Grant Hill..

The best NBA video game was NBA Live 1999, turning off ALL the rules, pure jungle ball!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

The only bball jersey I ever owned was of Kidd. To be expected of a boy as pasty white as me I suppose. You ever been to a party by Kidd? It ain't no party like a J Kidd party, cause a J Kidd party don't stop!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3162 on: May 14, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »

I love OKC. I am in heaven right now.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3163 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Nah the best?

Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball.

I don't even have to think about it.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3164 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »

Dude, it was the Dew and Doritos that were keeping you young!  You haven't given them up have you!?
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3165 on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »

I love OKC. I am in heaven right now.
Highlight for Thunder, ONLY FOUR TURNOVERS for the team that led the NBA in turnovers this season averaging an embarrassing 16.2 per game..

I love OKC too, but I'm from LA, last night hurt.  I don't even think the Thunder intended to beat down Lakerz like that.  In 2010 I in the play-offs against LA I saw OKC playing on fire.  They played IQ basketball, they played youthful basketball with hustle, and they played team ball passing it around.  It wasn't the KD show even though he was a scoring champion, it was a team game.  They were immediately one of my favorite teams both because of the style of their game and even better their ridiculously good attitude, a rarity in the NBA. I was weird when Perk came over, he is the biggest Villain in Boston and I don't like his attitude, pure trash talk and cheap shots, but he has mellowed out in OKC.  The difference he has made is that Ibaka is one of the best forwards in the game, who never knew it because he was playing center.  I have been rooting for OKC for three  years because for 2 of the 3 they were never really a threat.  I was rooting for KD when they were in LAST PLACE! I am amazed at their climb, but during this series I have to become a closet OKC fan because no body in town is going to let me represent the Thunder.  Los Angeles took a collective sigh last night, and realized that even though Kobe had simply exploded by nearly leading the league in minutes and points, that Bynum had evolved to finally become one of the best centers, and when surprisingly Pau Gasol was third in the league in double doubles, that they just might take it to the Finals one last push.  Oh realistically, no body thought they could beat the Heat or Rose's Bulls, but there was a new light.  When Dallas took out the brooms against a defeated Lakers last season, it looked so glum that maybe the Lakers might have been the Suns this year, sitting out the play-offs for what would have only been the fourth time in franchise history!!  But they came out playing hard from the gate, and under the gritty and exhausting season thrived like the Spurs, and in that regard, experience looked like it could very well could trump youth.  Denver showed the cracks, and OKC is going to burst the dam.  When they destroy Spurs in the Conference Finals they will truly be the changing of the guard, having taken out the premier (and greying) teams of the 2000s era West (Mavz, Lakers, and Spurs have dominated basketball, collecting 7 of the past 10 trophies).  Its a new game y'all, and like Kurt Cobain said,

the dinosaurs will die, and then we'll move into their homes..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #3166 on: May 19, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »

I'll Have Another (best horse name ever?) has won two of the three legs of the Triple Crown. Preakness and Kentucky Derby are down, but will he get the Belmont? I'm interested to find out. Belmont's longer than the other two. Gives the other horses & jockeys more time to to catch up to the leader.

Unless you are Secretariat, of course. Tongue

But I hope I'll Have Another gets the win. I'd like to see another Triple Crown winner.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:18:37 PM by ironchapman » Logged

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #3167 on: May 20, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »

Given the finishes of the first two Triple Crown races (I'll Have Another won by somewhat more in the Derby than in the shorter Preakness), if the two horces run the same races in the Belmont, I'll Have Another should win going away.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3168 on: May 20, 2012, 01:04:23 AM »

Kevin. Durant.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3169 on: May 20, 2012, 01:07:18 AM »

What an epic day for the entirety of Los Angeles basketball to collapse.  The Clippers had a great run going to get a symbolic win, and it evaporated.  The Lakers were simply dominant, until their defense dropped in the last five minutes, the time that all season OKC has went from a good team to a dynasty team.  Oh well..  Lakers had a good run, and a surprising season.  Unfortunately one of the reasons its hard to support this franchise is because locally, there are a lot of fashion statement, fair-weather, and shallow fans who quickly get bitter and hostile.  So this city will abandon the recent collective high five for the usual division, strife, and envy when it comes to sports.  Go Kings!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3170 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39:09 AM »

Yes, go Kings!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #3171 on: May 20, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

Given the finishes of the first two Triple Crown races (I'll Have Another won by somewhat more in the Derby than in the shorter Preakness), if the two horces run the same races in the Belmont, I'll Have Another should win going away.

Bodemeister (I believe that's the runner-up) will actually be sitting out the Belmont.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
christian7777
Elder

« Reply #3172 on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »

The Celtics had better win tomorrow.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3173 on: May 20, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »

Bodemeister (I believe that's the runner-up) will actually be sitting out the Belmont.

At first I thought you said Bowemeister. I used to play a hockey game in which every once in a while the announcers would say "Bowemeister's got the biscuit!"  What's up with hockey announces and food/kitchens? Pittsburgh announcers seem to be particular bad about this. You can't go a period without hearing at least 2 or 3 (minimum) refences to something food related.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3174 on: May 20, 2012, 07:12:30 PM »

Lebron James is so amazing. Like too amazing. Let's hope the media doesn't make him go AWOL if he doesn't get a ring.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
christian7777
Elder

« Reply #3175 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »

I wanted the Pacers to win, but the Heat did very well today.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3176 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:31 AM »

Lebron James is so amazing. Like too amazing. Let's hope the media doesn't make him go AWOL if he doesn't get a ring.

LeBron James. No offense to Dwyane Wade, whose 22 second-half points on 13 shots changed the game, but nobody has put up the numbers James did (40 points, 18 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals) in a playoff game in more than a half century.
ESPN.com
By Tom Haberstroh

LeBron James with 40 points, 18 rebounds and 9 assists. No one has done that in a playoff game in more than 25 years. No one.
I know, if was just saying this morning, all depressed about the Heat's situation, that if LBJ didn't explode like Durant and Westbrook did against LA I simply would have to stop rooting for them.  Suddenly they explode! In fact, according to Elias Stats INC, James and Wade are the only other players in the past 8 seasons aside from Westbrook and Durant to score 40 and 30 points in a non-overtime play-off game.  My friend Oscar called it, Heat came out today to make a statement to OKC Wink

James had 40 points, 18 rebounds and 9 assists, numerically one of the most prolific playoff games of his career. Wade had 30 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists. In the second half, the two combined for 43 points (the Pacers had 39 as a team) on 16-of-26 shooting, 19 rebounds and 9 assists. At one point, the two scored 38 consecutive points for the Heat.

From the numbers alone, it was a display that instantly became historical. This will be a game referred for years when comparing performances of teammates in playoff games. There's a new baseline in the databases.
ESPN

it seems the entire NBA is jumping on Twitter called LBJ's game 'video game numbers'
stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:16:51 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3177 on: May 21, 2012, 02:16:46 AM »

He's like the next better version of Tim Duncan. But seriously, how does one manage those kind of numbers with the way the NBA is designed today?

It's just insanity.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3178 on: May 21, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »

He's like the next better version of Tim Duncan. But seriously, how does one manage those kind of numbers with the way the NBA is designed today?

It's just insanity.

I know! The glaring problem.. LBJ seemingly is going to have to play at this level for 10 more wins to get his ring  Embarrassed

By the way, why I love Lakers and yet also have a love-hate relationship.

Kobe Bryant right now leads the all-time NBA list for clutch shots made (defined as game winning or tying shots at the buzzer or close) with 36.. the drag.  His percentage of makes equals is percentage of clutch AIRBALLS at near 30% He then also leads the all-time list in ATTEMPTS at 115 (that is a staggering 84 misses in the clutch!!! which is why in LA we call him "our ball hog")

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:59:44 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

George_Mina_Awad

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #3179 on: May 21, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »

Stan Van Gundy out.
christian7777
Elder

« Reply #3180 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »

I have a feeling that Kevin Durant will get his first ring this season, though I would like the Celtics to win it all.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3181 on: May 21, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »

though I would like the Celtics to win it all.
What  on earth for? (my bias, I'm from LA, Boston is our ARCH rivalling nemesis, second only to the Spurs, Wink )

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3182 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:43 PM »

I don't see OKC winning it because the Spurs are probably going to win in 5 games.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3183 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »

By the way, why I love Lakers and yet also have a love-hate relationship.

Kobe Bryant right now leads the all-time NBA list for clutch shots made (defined as game winning or tying shots at the buzzer or close) with 36.. the drag.  His percentage of makes equals is percentage of clutch AIRBALLS at near 30% He then also leads the all-time list in ATTEMPTS at 115 (that is a staggering 79 misses in the clutch!!!

Inspired effort is what fans have been getting from the Clippers all season long, and right now there are 19,000 fans on their feet. They had to come here knowing this was doomsday.

Yet everyone in Lob City is wearing red again, the place alive with noise and so this is what it's like to have fun at a basketball game.

You forget that when you're a Lakers fan.

Winning is the only thing that is fun. Winning championships, as we're repeatedly reminded, is the only thing that counts.

But who had a better time this season, Clippers or Lakers fans?

How does anyone root for the Lakers? I understand history, tradition and all those trophies, but right now how does anyone invest everything they have in these players?

What is it like to expend so much energy loving the Lakers and getting Andrew Bynum in return? Do you think that for one second of his life he gives a rip about any of you?

The Clippers are not the Lakers, and probably never will be as long as most of us live.

But name the last time fun and Lakers were mentioned in the same sentence? Anything but winning seems to result in anger, fans wanting Coach Mike Brown fired and the players now pointing fingers at each other.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-clippers-20120521,0,2153520.column

I really like this LA Times writer.  Last season in the Finals he wrote an article asking how in the world Heat became America's villain considering that Mavz have been traditionally in all aspects a villain (albeit an underdog).  He was write, it was level-headed.  This season proves it with things like the Heat Index.  All kinds of folks have tipped their hat to the Heat.  They are a bit less a villain than before, losing was perhaps the BEST thing for them as a franchise to build a better rapport with people.  Now Simmers strikes gold again.  Clippers SHOULD be LA's team because they have grit, they have team-spirit, they are down with the community, and above all they are honestly just a lot of fun.  Simmers is right, when have the Lakers been fun? Oh yeah when we won two championships in a row it was a lot of fun, but LA gets ugly real fast after even petty losses, let alone play-off elimination.  It doesn't hurt that in 65 years, the Lakers have only missed the play-offs FOUR times, so the bar is naturally a bit high, but still, the fun died a long time ago.  You are just as likely to get into a dangerous bar fight (and not at the bar, just anywhere in town!) over a Laker incident as you are share a high five.  Oh yeah, when Lakers are rolling in the play-offs its all high fives at the water cooler and corner store, but heaven help a loss here and there.  Essentially, the entire metropolitan area of Los Angeles is a bad sport Wink

So I'd like to discuss this with y'all who might not be as geographically biased as my neighbors.  Considering that Kobe Bryant both leads the all-time career clutch game winning or tying shots and ALSO conversely leads the all-time career MISSES (at a frightening 79!!) do y'all outside of the LA market feel that with the most Kobe is one of the all-time greatest game closers or with his outrageous number of misses he is the (statistically) all-time worst? I'm biased you see, because I am just as angry at his many missed and game losing shots (ARG!!) and yet the misses have brought my city five championships to dethrone the Bulls of my youth.

I don't see OKC winning it because the Spurs are probably going to win in 5 games.

Slow your roll there home skillet, check the scenario.

In the month of April Spurs had a great record, but it was largely inflated by a soft schedule, same thing with the month of March.  Further, in the play-offs, I'm sorry, but sweeping the Jazz is not impressive, and sweeping an injured and inexperienced Clippers was less impressive considering the Clipz gave more away then they honestly lost (much like the Lakers against Thunder, Clipz could just have likely been 3-2 like Lakers could have been if they had kept their leads in some games they ended up losing by their own blunders) I'd say lets reserve judgement about just exactly how good these boring Spurs are.  Sure, they play mathematical, IQ basketball, and I am always impressed by that, but it is classically Spurs boring boring boring!

Tim Duncan is like Snuffaluggus on the court, and it aint because he is old, he was that cumbersome back in the day!!

So lets just wait and see what the explosive, equally talented and deep Thunder do against Spurs, I'm betting its going 4-2 in the Thunder's favor Wink

Its the shallowness of the Heat's roster that concerns me the most.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:18:42 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3184 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #3185 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:17 PM »

Looks like Kolby Bryant is going home tonight to watch the rest of the playoffs from his Gucci sofa.

Also....

Meta World Peace Out... (get it, "peace out" lolz omg)

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3186 on: May 22, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »

That is the same look the entire city of Los Angeles just made..

it is blatantly obvious that the torch is passed, and Spurs better watch they selves Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:09:39 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3187 on: May 22, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3188 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »

"Its all right Tony, we can do it."

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:24:25 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3189 on: May 22, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »

OKC owns. That arena was so loud.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3190 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

OKC owns. That arena was so loud.

That is because they earned getting that franchise with their loyalty and support.  I couldn't imagine any other city doing so well so fast in regards to attendance, especially in such a small market.  Now that OKC are a real deal contending team, they get to feel that real NBA drama, especially when its connected with the Lakers..
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Authorities say eight people are hurt after shots rang out in Oklahoma City as thousands of people left the NBA playoff game between the Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Emergency Medical Services Authority spokeswoman Lara O'Leary says seven people were taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds after the melee Monday night. She says a pregnant woman was also taken to the hospital after she was assaulted in the scuffle.
Last night SEVEN PEOPLE SHOT

Sad

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:34:36 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

christian7777
Elder

« Reply #3191 on: May 22, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »

Yeah, the Spurs have the best chance of defeating the Thunder. I know the Pacers are a good team, but I'd rather the Celtics play the Pacers than the Heat. I think a Celtics vs. Spurs NBA Finals would be pretty interesting.
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #3192 on: May 22, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »

Tim Duncan is like Snuffaluggus on the court, and it aint because he is old, he was that cumbersome back in the day!!

Lol! He doesn't need to move quickly because he's so big! His arms are 6 feet long each and his hands go where they need to go.

I'll be cheering for the Thunder, though.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3193 on: May 22, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »

Turns out Miami actually does have a team, with a somewhat capable bench.  The trick, a smothering defense.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3194 on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:40 PM »

Yeah, the Spurs have the best chance of defeating the Thunder. I know the Pacers are a good team, but I'd rather the Celtics play the Pacers than the Heat. I think a Celtics vs. Spurs NBA Finals would be pretty interesting.
About as interesting as watching paint dry. Meh!
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: