OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 09:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 416473 times) Average Rating: 5
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »

We all know that Tiger is the best,
I dispute this. He fails to make the cut as often as he wins.

68 wins, 5 missed cuts....
I knew that was an exaggeration, but I didn't realize by how much. Still, he's not always in the lead or even within striking distance of it. There are many others just as good as he is.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »

Tiger Woods?  He who holds the record for most consecutive PGA tour events WITHOUT missing a cut?  Yeah, he did miss the cut at the most recent British Open, but that's quite rare for him.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »

THIS JUST IN:  Cubs overtake the Cardinals for first place in the NL Central. Grin
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

lolcat addict

« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2009, 04:17:33 PM »

THIS JUST IN:  Cubs overtake the Cardinals for first place in the NL Central. Grin

Awwwww... well, it's not really a surprise, though.  They're the most self-defeating team I've ever seen.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »

Awwwww... well, it's not really a surprise, though.  They're the most self-defeating team I've ever seen.
Yup.  And this is the NL Central we're talking about, the division no one wants to win.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »

Yeah. Remember that the last time we won the World Series, we squeaked into the playoffs, earning the wild card spot on the very last game of the season.

On the other hand, we can reminisce about a World Series win that occurred after the fall of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Grin
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:42:34 PM by ytterbiumanalyst » Logged

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2009, 11:30:13 PM »

68 wins, 5 missed cuts....
I knew that was an exaggeration, but I didn't realize by how much. Still, he's not always in the lead or even within striking distance of it. There are many others just as good as he is.

Look, I'm not a Tiger Woods fan. Like I said earlier, I don't care for his unsportsmanlike demeanor on the golf course. But to say that there are many others just as good as Tiger is just silly. I have to respect his mental and physical ability. He will probably break Nicklaus's record for  all time Major wins before he's through. He's one of the most rare and special competitors that I've ever seen. I gotta give it to him.

But still, Vijay's my man. Smooth, classy, and underrated. Vijay has the prettiest golf swing I've ever seen.

But let's be objective and admit that Tiger stands alone.

Selam
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:32:46 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »

Tom Watson kept Nicklaus from having 22 or 23 Majors.  Perhaps Watson made Tiger's job easier in that regard.

I feel Tiger's career will be done at 35 because even a rebuilt knee can only withstand so much torque that Tiger generates with each swing.  Tiger doesn't have Watson's "smart man's" game.  While Tiger missed the cut at the Open Championship, Tom Watson, rebuilt hip and all, was 8 feet away from greater immortality....
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2009, 12:45:01 AM »

Tom Watson kept Nicklaus from having 22 or 23 Majors.  Perhaps Watson made Tiger's job easier in that regard.

I feel Tiger's career will be done at 35 because even a rebuilt knee can only withstand so much torque that Tiger generates with each swing.  Tiger doesn't have Watson's "smart man's" game.  While Tiger missed the cut at the Open Championship, Tom Watson, rebuilt hip and all, was 8 feet away from greater immortality....

I was rooting for Tom, as was most everyone. What an incredible Golf Tournament! But I felt good for Stewart Cink. He's come close so many times and I was happy to see him win a major.

I have to disagree with you about Tiger not having Watson's "smart man's" game. I think Tiger's intellect and poise under pressure is even more impressive than his physical attributes. But I do think he hurts himself with his unsportsmanlike antics on the course. And it's strange, because whenever he's interviewed - win or lose - he comes across with class and honor. But on the course he allows his temper to get the better of him. Time will tell if this one flaw keeps him from surpassing the Golden Bear.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2009, 02:04:09 AM »

Yeah. Remember that the last time we won the World Series, we squeaked into the playoffs, earning the wild card spot on the very last game of the season.

On the other hand, we can reminisce about a World Series win that occurred after the fall of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Grin
Of course, some could say you guys won the World Series a few years ago only because the Tigers, particularly their pitchers' fielding, self-destructed.  Didn't the Tiger pitchers average more than an error per game in that series?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:10:14 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2009, 02:37:46 AM »

Josh Willingham of the Washington Nationals hits two grand slams in a 14-6 rout of Milwaukee.  Only 18 pitchers have pitched perfect games, but only 13 players have hit two grand slams in one game, making the latter feat even more of a rarity.  (Prior to Fernando Tatis hitting two slams in one inning for the Cardinals 10 years ago, the only NL player to hit two grand slams in a game WAS a pitcher.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290727108&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:41:17 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2009, 02:42:42 AM »

Josh Willingham of the Washington Nationals hits two grand slams in a 14-6 rout of Milwaukee.  Only 18 pitchers have pitched perfect games, but only 13 players have hit two grand slams in one game, making the latter feat even more of a rarity.  (Prior to Fernando Tatis hitting two slams in one inning for the Cardinals 10 years ago, the only NL player to hit two grand slams in a game WAS a pitcher.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290727108&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
Talk about Fernando Tatis and grand slams:  I see that he hit a game winning pinch hit grand slam tonight, as well.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290727121
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:45:38 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »

Of course, some could say you guys won the World Series a few years ago only because the Tigers, particularly their pitchers' fielding, self-destructed.  Didn't the Tiger pitchers average more than an error per game in that series?
Yes, and without in any way discrediting the remarkable achievements of the Red Sox, we lost the 2004 Series because we made eight errors in that four-game series. Funny thing is, though, that the '04 Cardinals were in many ways superior to the '06 team. I considered the '06 win making up for the disaster of '04. St. Louis is in my opinion, the most self-defeating team in the major leagues. It came as no surprise to me that we were #1 in blown saves last year.

But, lest you think our winning is just a fluke, let me remind you of all our World Series wins:

And of yours:

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »

Yes, and without in any way discrediting the remarkable achievements of the Red Sox, we lost the 2004 Series because we made eight errors in that four-game series. Funny thing is, though, that the '04 Cardinals were in many ways superior to the '06 team. I considered the '06 win making up for the disaster of '04. St. Louis is in my opinion, the most self-defeating team in the major leagues. It came as no surprise to me that we were #1 in blown saves last year.

But, lest you think our winning is just a fluke, let me remind you of all our World Series wins:

And of yours:
So what?  I've only been alive since 1971.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »

Why are we discussing baseball in a thread about SPORTS?!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2009, 08:36:36 PM »

Why are we discussing baseball in a thread about SPORTS?!

I'm kind of with you. I do think baseball is a sport, but I just can't get into it. And especially with the rampant steroid scandals, I just don't waste my time anymore. So let's get back to college football, international soccer, and other exciting things!

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »

Here's a question:

Who do you think are the three greatest athletes of all time, and why?

Here are my 3:

Pele

Muhammad Ali

Michael Jordan

And here are some of the criteria I use in my consideration:

-Raw atheletic ability
-Heart, effort, and determination
-The impact they had on their sport
-The impact they had on their society
-Championships and wins
-Statistics
-The quality of the competition they faced
-Character

I look forward to reading other opinions!

Selam
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:44:38 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2009, 10:37:21 PM »

Here's a question:

Spartacus. For all three.

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2009, 12:05:01 AM »

I was rooting for Tom, as was most everyone. What an incredible Golf Tournament! But I felt good for Stewart Cink. He's come close so many times and I was happy to see him win a major.

Cink deserved to win a major.  A little change of pace. 

I have to disagree with you about Tiger not having Watson's "smart man's" game. I think Tiger's intellect and poise under pressure is even more impressive than his physical attributes. But I do think he hurts himself with his unsportsmanlike antics on the course. And it's strange, because whenever he's interviewed - win or lose - he comes across with class and honor. But on the course he allows his temper to get the better of him. Time will tell if this one flaw keeps him from surpassing the Golden Bear.

I've never seen Tiger act unsportsmanlike on the course.  Any examples?
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2009, 02:47:44 AM »

I've never seen Tiger act unsportsmanlike on the course.  Any examples?

Well he hits the ground a lot with his clubs after he hits a poor shot. He also uses a lot of profanity. During the British Open some of the commentators even mentioned it a few times. They usually don't bring it up because of his popularity, but after he missed the cut they showed some highlights of his unportsmanlike behavior. A famous golfer who is retired even remarked about it publicly (I forget who now). He said that he is disappointed to see someone with so much talent act like that.

But look, Golf is a cruel sport so I can understand the frustration. If I played golf I'm sure I'd act a lot worse than Tiger. And he's not nearly as bad as Sergio Garcia is.

Tiger's caddy also irritates me. He's really obnoxious.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2009, 03:45:10 AM »

Here's a question:

Here are my 3:

Pele

Muhammad Ali

Michael Jordan

-Raw atheletic ability
-Championships and wins
-Statistics
-Character

Selam
Roman Šebrle, the world record holder in the decathlon, the ultimate track and field event for determining all-around athleticism:

Speed:  100 meters, 110 meter hurdles, 400 meters
Explosive strength:  shot put, discus, javelin
Jumping ability:  long jump, high jump
Agility:  110 meter hurdles, pole vault
Endurance:  1500 meters
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2009, 04:46:08 AM »

Here's a question:

Here are my 3:

Pele

Muhammad Ali

Michael Jordan

-Raw atheletic ability
-Championships and wins
-Statistics
-Character

Selam
Roman Šebrle, the world record holder in the decathlon, the ultimate track and field event for determining all-around athleticism:

Speed:  100 meters, 110 meter hurdles, 400 meters
Explosive strength:  shot put, discus, javelin
Jumping ability:  long jump, high jump
Agility:  110 meter hurdles, pole vault
Endurance:  1500 meters

Cool. Never heard of him. Where is he from and when did he compete?

After my the first three I already mentioned, I think I would put Jim Thorpe at number 4. He could do anything!

Selam

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2009, 08:20:38 AM »

Cool. Never heard of him. Where is he from and when did he compete?

He is from the Czech Republic, and he has competed since about the mid-90s until the present day.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2009, 03:31:01 AM »

Please study and learn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canadian_and_American_football

There will be a test later...

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2009, 06:53:38 AM »

Actually I rather enjoy Canadian football.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2009, 02:02:55 AM »

Tiger Woods just blew a lead on the final day to lose a major tournament!  First time in his PGA career he's ever done that.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2009, 04:58:56 AM »

Tiger Woods just blew a lead on the final day to lose a major tournament!  First time in his PGA career he's ever done that.

Yeah, give a lot of credit to Y.E. Yang from South Korea. Not many people can go toe to toe with Tiger on the final day and come out on top.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2009, 05:13:55 AM »

But the highlight of the weekend was...

USAIN BOLT! Usain Bolt, the Jamaican sprinter who won three Gold medals in the Beijing Olympics, shattered the world record Sunday in the 100 meter dash and posted a 9.58! He may very well be the most dominant athlete that I have ever seen. Incredible. And looking at his body, I think he's all natural. I don't think he's on the needle.

Selam 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:14:58 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2009, 11:59:31 PM »

He played too conservative...this was bound to happen at some point, though nobody expected it to be Yang to defeat him.

I'm old school, I like Arnie, Jack and Lee...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »

Looks like this year's Major League Baseball season is turning into a season of rarities.  First we have Mark Buehrle pitching the 18th perfect game in Major League history.  Then we have Josh Willingham hitting two grand slams in one game for only the 13th time this had ever been done.  Now this: the 15th ever unassisted triple play.  Watch Phillies second baseman Eric Bruntlett pull the snag, bag, and tag special to finish his team's win over the Mets today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290823121&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Turns out this was only the second such triple play to actually end a game.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:51:00 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2009, 07:45:09 PM »

Three more weeks until the official start of Football season! Woot! Woot! Grin

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »

BAMA opens against Virginia Tech at the Georgia Dome on September 5th! Should be a great game. RTR!!!

Selam
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:16:12 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »

BAMA opens against Virginia Tech at the Georgia Dome on September 5th! Should be a great game. RTR!!!

Selam

Pshaw! Keep your College Football. Too many teams, too many conferences, and the Bowl system is a joke. I like the NFL!

Not to mention, I usually spend all day Saturday running around, getting my errands/housekeeping done so I can spend all my time after Church on Sunday watching Football! Cheesy

After all, that's what Sunday's were made for: God, family, and football. In that order! lol

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »

Selam

Pshaw! Keep your College Football. Too many teams, too many conferences, and the Bowl system is a joke. I like the NFL!

Not to mention, I usually spend all day Saturday running around, getting my errands/housekeeping done so I can spend all my time after Church on Sunday watching Football! Cheesy

After all, that's what Sunday's were made for: God, family, and football. In that order! lol

I'm just the opposite. I only deal with college football. Pulling for an NFL team is just pulling for a business. NFL players hop from team to team from year to year. They're all playing for themselves. Every team runs the same cookie cutter offense. Too many games that don't mean anything. No true rivalries. Prosaic atmosphere.

But college players are still hungry. They play passionately for their team, their school, and their state. Every game counts. You have intense rivalries. Each college - whether big or small - has it's own unique traditions and culture. And nothing beats the atmosphere of a college campus on a Saturday afternoon game day.

But hey, that's just me. To each his own.Wink

Selam   

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »

Rex Ryan and gang are waiting for that Week 1 game against the Vikings where the revamped Jet defense will send Favre back to permanent retirement....    Grin
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »

Rex Ryan and gang are waiting for that Week 1 game against the Vikings where the revamped Jet defense will send Favre back to permanent retirement....    Grin

And God's people said... "Amen!" lol  laugh

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »

I always thought Brett Favre was a decent guy until the Super Bowl Win more than a decade ago just went to his head.

At least Elway had grace and class to retire at the top.  A lot of people are forgetting the good things from Brett Favre's career and this desperation from Favre will steamroll teams and kill the confidence of starting quarterbacks (Tavares Jackson comes to mind and there are many others).

As an aside, I like to see the Ravens finish 3-13 this year.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:07:40 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »

I always thought Brett Favre was a decent guy until the Super Bowl Win more than a decade ago just went to his head.

At least Elway had grace and class to retire at the top.  A lot of people are forgetting the good things from Brett Favre's career and this desperation from Favre will steamroll teams and kill the confidence of starting quarterbacks (Tavares Jackson comes to mind and there are many others).

As an aside, I like to see the Ravens finish 3-13 this year.
Personally, the Lions HAVE TO win at least one game this year.  They can't possibly go 0-32 over a 2-year span, can they?
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:19 PM »

Personally, the Lions HAVE TO win at least one game this year.  They can't possibly go 0-32 over a 2-year span, can they?

No 0-32 slumps.

Anyway, Too bad I can't go to a Casino in Delaware and bet $10 on the Lions winning Super Bowl XLIV.   Cry
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »

I always admired the NY/NJ crowd for their creativity:

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!
M-E-T-S, METS, METS, METS!
N-E-T-S, NETS, NETS, NETS!

(And, of course "Boston &*%*@#," or some version thereof.)

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »

Hockey: Detroit Redwings  (duh. And we got a nice Greek boy on the team too! Smiley )

Football (american) UofM Wolverines (pro sucks, bunc of egotistical maniacs)

Soccer: dont really follow

Baseball: dont care but the cardinals for my Grandpa and the Cubbies cuz I'm from there. Tigers...eeeh, whatever.

basketball: what? did someone say something, I was sleeping.  Except at college, where BBall was king (IWU Spartans!)

Even though you're a Wolverine and I'm a Crimson Tider, it's nice to see someone else who recognizes that college football is where it's at! Terrell Owens? Michael Vick? Brett Favre? Plaxico Burress? Dontae Stallworth? They really expect me to fork out 100$ or more to go watch these Jackasses?! Roll Eyes

Selam
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:34:49 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2009, 01:37:12 AM »

Hockey: Detroit Redwings  (duh. And we got a nice Greek boy on the team too! Smiley )

Baseball: dont care but the cardinals for my Grandpa and the Cubbies cuz I'm from there. Tigers...eeeh, whatever.

basketball: what? did someone say something, I was sleeping.  Except at college, where BBall was king (IWU Spartans!)

Even though you're a Wolverine and I'm a Crimson Tider, it's nice to see someone else who recognizes that college football is where it's at! Terrell Owens? Michael Vick? Brett Favre? Plaxico Burress? Dontae Stallworth? They really expect me to fork out 100$ or more to go watch these Jackasses?! Roll Eyes

Selam
GO DUCKS!!! Grin
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »

Selam
GO DUCKS!!! Grin

Is that Oregon?

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »

Selam
GO DUCKS!!! Grin

Is that Oregon?

Selam
Darn quackin', it is!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

Selam
GO DUCKS!!! Grin

Is that Oregon?

Selam
Darn quackin', it is!

You guys have cool uniforms!

Selam

Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: