OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 01:58:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 424255 times) Average Rating: 5
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #3060 on: April 18, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »

The New York Giants' 2012 schedule was released yesterday, and I am ecstatic to see that they'll be playing the Bengals AT Cincinnati. I suffer from displaced fan syndrome out here, so this has pretty much made my day.

That is all.
I look forward to their loss. Smiley

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #3061 on: April 18, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »

The New York Giants' 2012 schedule was released yesterday, and I am ecstatic to see that they'll be playing the Bengals AT Cincinnati. I suffer from displaced fan syndrome out here, so this has pretty much made my day.

That is all.

Let me guess.... Dallas? Philthy?  Wink

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #3062 on: April 18, 2012, 11:31:15 PM »

That is all.

from what i can remember, that person is a bengals fan.

and, personally, screw the NJG and the NJJ, for being from new jersey/downstate
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3063 on: April 19, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »

Can it possibly get any worse for the Cavaliers? At the end of the 3rd quarter of their game against Detroit last night, the score read as follows:

Detroit 100, Cleveland 50

YIKES!!! Shocked
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #3064 on: April 19, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »

That is all.

WINNER WINNER CHILI DINNER!

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #3065 on: April 19, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »

That is all.

Is that because Buffalo never wins anything?

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #3066 on: April 19, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »

That is all.

Nice!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:21:03 PM by ZealousZeal » Logged

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #3067 on: April 19, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »

That is all.

Nice!

You all are just jealous. Buffalo has a superbowl losing streak that will never be broken. NEVA!

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3068 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:44 PM »

That is all.

Nice!

You all are just jealous. Buffalo has a superbowl losing streak that will never be broken. NEVA!
Yup, the only team ever to play in four consecutive Super Bowls. Wink
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #3069 on: April 20, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »

That is all.

Nice!

And come home with rings from 0.

This is one of the reasons why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHZFwDCNyA

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3070 on: April 20, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

That is all.

Nice!

You guys are always looking at the negative. I prefer to think of the Bills as the only team ever good enough to play in four straight Super Bowls. Can any other team boast of that?
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #3071 on: April 20, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Can it possibly get any worse for the Cavaliers? At the end of the 3rd quarter of their game against Detroit last night, the score read as follows:

YIKES!!! Shocked

Well, LeBron James aside, the Cavs will always be the Cavz, unfortunately for them Wink

All is not lost, the Clippers are within a half game of taking the Pacific Division, something which has simply been unimaginable in their 30 plus years in the Laker-Phoenix division, Lord Have Mercy even the Warriors got a few!  And look at the Thunder, went from laughing stocks at the bottom to one the most heavy hitting teams in a decade? I also never thought the Bulls would be in contention again, after their dismal post-Jordan years.. you just never know in the NBA, one season you are riding the lottery and the next your clinching the Championship trophy..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3072 on: April 20, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

YIKES!!! Shocked

Well, LeBron James aside, the Cavs will always be the Cavz, unfortunately for them Wink

All is not lost, the Clippers are within a half game of taking the Pacific Division, something which has simply been unimaginable in their 30 plus years in the Laker-Phoenix division, Lord Have Mercy even the Warriors got a few!  And look at the Thunder, went from laughing stocks at the bottom to one the most heavy hitting teams in a decade? I also never thought the Bulls would be in contention again, after their dismal post-Jordan years.. you just never know in the NBA, one season you are riding the lottery and the next your clinching the Championship trophy..

stay blessed,
habte selassie
And, as the Portland Trail Blazers learned this year, you can have your dreams of major success come crashing down in a heartbeat. Brandon Roy retired at 27 because of bad knees. Greg Oden cut by the team after years of struggling through unimaginable knee problems. Coach Nate McMillan fired midseason. The only holdover from our few years of grandiose dreams is LaMarcus Aldridge; he's doing all right.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3073 on: April 21, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »

Congratulations to White Sox pitcher Philip Humber, who just pitched the 21st perfect game in Major League history.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320421112
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #3074 on: April 21, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »

Really sad to see Pat Summit retire as head coach of the University of Tennessee's Lady Vols basketball team. 38 years of winning records. 1098 wins and 8 championships. That's amazing. Sad to hear about her early onset Alzheimers. Hopefully they'll be able to keep its progress as slow as possible. May God have mercy on her!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #3075 on: April 21, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »

Braves are on fire right now!!!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #3076 on: April 22, 2012, 12:09:21 AM »

And I couldn't be happier with that! Great way to recover from a 0-4 start.

Also, I hope no one around here is a Red Sox fan. That's just gotta hurt.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3077 on: April 22, 2012, 12:47:18 AM »

And I couldn't be happier with that! Great way to recover from a 0-4 start.

Also, I hope no one around here is a Red Sox fan. That's just gotta hurt.
It's gotta hurt to be a Mariners fan right now, too, what with their inability to get anyone on base today against Mr. Humber.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:47:34 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #3078 on: April 22, 2012, 12:58:18 AM »

I was just happy at how many games I got to take in today with hockey and baseball going on and the Pirates won today
ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #3079 on: April 22, 2012, 02:01:07 AM »

The other day while entering grades into the computer, I couldn't help but set Hal McRae's infamous rant on repeat. Sometimes, I wish I could have an outburst like that in class, heh.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #3080 on: April 22, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »

That is all.

Nice!

You guys are always looking at the negative. I prefer to think of the Bills as the only team ever good enough to play in four straight Super Bowls. Can any other team boast of that?

Always a bridesmaid...

TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3081 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »

I was just happy at how many games I got to take in today with hockey and baseball going on and the Pirates won today

I took a weekend trip down to pittsburgh, and watched that game Smiley

and oh, flyers beat the pens, good by pens, enjoying golfing Smiley
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3082 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »

This Lakers-Thunder game was perhaps the best game of the season, second only to the Miami-Chicago game two weeks ago and the Clippers-Lakers game that same day!  Insane! Physically intense! Thunder's flaw, not passing the ball around as much as usual which has always been their strength.  Lakers strength, pure and utter grit.

Lakers knew it was a must win to stay in the division race, but it Clippers win out the season they can still capture their first division title ever in three decades of existence. That would be pretty exciting for them.  It was also a must win for the Thunder to be able to get a real hold on 1st place in the West, I honestly don't understand who, how, or what these rising Spurs are, but they've been a dominating threat for weeks now and I think OKC just slipped out of conference contention now. 

Heat-Lakers is looking like a real possibility for the Finals, and I never would have imagined LA getting half a chance at the 2nd round, but now the are looking for sure at least to get to the Western Conference finals, but Thunder or Spurs will be a serious threat in 7 games.. Memphis too Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #3083 on: April 24, 2012, 12:58:04 AM »

Not a good time to be a Saints fan...

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3084 on: April 24, 2012, 01:13:53 AM »

If things keep going like this, we may end up seeing the Saints forfeit their Super Bowl win from a couple years ago. Tongue
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #3085 on: April 24, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »

If things keep going like this, we may end up seeing the Saints forfeit their Super Bowl win from a couple years ago. Tongue

Things keep getting crazier and crazier in New Orleans.  Shocked Saints they ain't.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3086 on: April 24, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »

Things keep getting crazier and crazier in New Orleans.  Shocked Saints they ain't.

and my squeaky clean Falcons just keep looker rosier and rosier in their division Wink

Who Dat had some good times but we always knew that calling them Saints was a hopeless euphemism.

Also, poor Metta World Peace.  I know its Harden who got hit, and I pray he is ok, after all I am an OKC fan and Harden is clutch.  But also, he has been playing a dangerous game of drawing fouls lately which can always risk injury.  Further, when I look at the replays, it seems quite clear to me that while World Peace clearly intended to elbow Harden, I don't think he knew it was a headshot, rather probably thought it was gonna hit the shoulders like in a mosh pit.  That is not as dirty then as people make it out to seem, or even as dirty as Bynum's blow to Barea last season, after all that is why in the NBA rules elbowing is only a 2 game suspension.  I hope they don't lynch World Peace because of his troubled history, he really has made a remarkable turn around and is a quite likeable guy.  I pray for the best, but sports are inherently gossipy, look at how they are villifying Lamar in Dallas, as if that entire team hadn't always been negative, antagonistic, and caustic to him since the first day he put on a Dallas uniform.  What did they expect, him to become their next Tyson Chandler? They should have been smart, used their basketball IQ and set up a quick trade just like Houston did for the Fish.  The initial Odom trade to New Orleans had also already planned to send Lamar straight to New Jersey, everybody knows you have to shuffle around players after a disgruntled trade, if anything the fact that Lamar even played 50 plus games as Maverick shows his good character in the first place!! After all, his pops is in poor health and as Laker office always does, they through that brother to the wolves even when in November they had a worked out an understanding that he even could have missed some road games to say in LA and take care of his dad.  That is messed up what Lakers did to him, didn't even give him a days notice to make arrangements.  I hope he comes back a Clipper or goes and helps fill in the Heats woes at the center position, Lamar is the closest thing to Magic Johnson's five-position flexibility aside from LeBron, and equally a nice guy to boot!

stay blessed,
habte selassie
stay blessed,
habte selassie

stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #3087 on: April 24, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »

I just received my Chris Paul #3 beer koozie in the mail! It looks like a real Clippers jersey. Can't wait to show it off at a BBQ or something...  Cheesy

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #3088 on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »

A current headline at espn is: "NBA suspends World Peace 7 games for elbow." It hardly seems fair that they would put an end to world peace because of an elbow. I didn't even know that such peace existed Huh

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3089 on: April 25, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »

A current headline at espn is: "NBA suspends World Peace 7 games for elbow." It hardly seems fair that they would put an end to world peace because of an elbow. I didn't even know that such peace existed Huh

The bigger drama is that an elbow is usually only 2 game suspension, punches are higher.  Agreeing that it was an unintended head shot (did Metta intend to hit Harden, of course;  Did Metta intend to hit Harden in the head, I'd say not) I can concede the suspension appropriate, and the Laker team and office have also seemed to follow this course.  What I hope is the Metta isn't lynched in the sports pages, he has really had a great change in his career from the malice infamy, and honestly, is one of the most likeable players in a Laker jersey since Lamar and Fish were traded away.  Lakers is a cut-throat, selfish franchise, which is why I am a born and raised Angelino but insistently refuse to use the word "fan" to attach with my relationship with the Lakers, though I was at the parades mos def Wink

Poor Kareem, while he will never be a Kobe in regards to popularity and sports pages sex appeal, Kobe will simply never be a Kareem on the court!  Kobe just had his 12th consecutive 1500 point season, which is incredible, putting in the good company of the Malone brothers and Elvin Hayes for the second longest streaks in NBA history.  Who is first? Kareem of course, with an unbeatable 17 consecutive seasons!! Also, Kobe is steadily climbing the all-time career scoring list, I believe he is sitting at fifth, and with at least 2 or 3 seasons left he is sure to keep climbing because it is close.  But could he get first? Probably not, Kobe would have to average 28 points a game for 4 consecutive seasons in order to get first.  Who is first? Kareem of course.  The beauty of Kareem's stats is they are virtually unbreakable because the closest player to touch them statistically will be Kobe Bryant and it will have taken him at least 15-17 seasons to have done that, playing at an equally unbeatable level to rise to perhaps rightfully to second behind Kareem's first.  However Kareem never really got to be the kind of household name that Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe have become across multiple generations.  The folks who saw Kareem know, but his personality was to combative for the spotlight and so he could never muster the kind of popularity that the other greats have, even though in many respects he is by the far the greatest, and not just for being the all-time highest scorer but for the unworldly playing style that catapulted him to those heights.

1,572: Despite a shin injury that has caused him to miss L.A.'s past seven games, Lakers star Kobe Bryant has scored 1,572 points this season. It's Kobe's 12th straight season with at least 1,500 points, tying Bryant with Elvin Hayes (1968-69 to 1979-80), Moses Malone (1978-79 to 1989-90) and Karl Malone (1986-87 to 1997-98) for the second-longest streak in league history. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar holds the record with 17 consecutive seasons with at least 1,500 points.
ESPN.COM
stay blessed,
habte selassie

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #3090 on: April 25, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

I am beyond glad that Barcelona are OUT of the Champions League......it makes me sick to have to root for Chelsea but.......

Here's hoping for an English/German final Smiley

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #3091 on: April 25, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

I am beyond glad that Barcelona are OUT of the Champions League......it makes me sick to have to root for Chelsea but.......

PP

Yay! I am tired of seeing the same teams every time I turn on Fox Soccer Channel. Here's hoping we get an interesting end!

spcasuncoast.org
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3092 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »

The bigger drama is that an elbow is usually only 2 game suspension, punches are higher.  Agreeing that it was an unintended head shot (did Metta intend to hit Harden, of course;  Did Metta intend to hit Harden in the head, I'd say not) I can concede the suspension appropriate, and the Laker team and office have also seemed to follow this course.  What I hope is the Metta isn't lynched in the sports pages, he has really had a great change in his career from the malice infamy, and honestly, is one of the most likeable players in a Laker jersey since Lamar and Fish were traded away.  Lakers is a cut-throat, selfish franchise, which is why I am a born and raised Angelino but insistently refuse to use the word "fan" to attach with my relationship with the Lakers, though I was at the parades mos def Wink

Poor Kareem, while he will never be a Kobe in regards to popularity and sports pages sex appeal, Kobe will simply never be a Kareem on the court!  Kobe just had his 12th consecutive 1500 point season, which is incredible, putting in the good company of the Malone brothers and Elvin Hayes for the second longest streaks in NBA history.  Who is first? Kareem of course, with an unbeatable 17 consecutive seasons!! Also, Kobe is steadily climbing the all-time career scoring list, I believe he is sitting at fifth, and with at least 2 or 3 seasons left he is sure to keep climbing because it is close.  But could he get first? Probably not, Kobe would have to average 28 points a game for 4 consecutive seasons in order to get first.  Who is first? Kareem of course.  The beauty of Kareem's stats is they are virtually unbreakable because the closest player to touch them statistically will be Kobe Bryant and it will have taken him at least 15-17 seasons to have done that, playing at an equally unbeatable level to rise to perhaps rightfully to second behind Kareem's first.  However Kareem never really got to be the kind of household name that Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe have become across multiple generations.  The folks who saw Kareem know, but his personality was to combative for the spotlight and so he could never muster the kind of popularity that the other greats have, even though in many respects he is by the far the greatest, and not just for being the all-time highest scorer but for the unworldly playing style that catapulted him to those heights.
That, and his virtually unblockable sky hook.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #3093 on: April 25, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »

PP

Yay! I am tired of seeing the same teams every time I turn on Fox Soccer Channel. Here's hoping we get an interesting end!
Its on penalties now..I say Real unfortunately.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
sheenj
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #3094 on: April 25, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »

PP

Its on penalties now..I say Real unfortunately.

PP
Nope! Bayern Munich Vs. Chelsea for the Champion's League Final, should be a good one.
stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #3095 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »

Ahhh... the Bruins are out. Praise the Lord!

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3096 on: April 25, 2012, 10:24:14 PM »

Ahhh... the Bruins are out. Praise the Lord!

thissssssssss. and now caps, please go kindly lose in the second round
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3097 on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »

Better ask the Canucks.. what seed were they, oh right, first Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #3098 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »

R.I.P., Eric.

Sorry, nothing sportsy from me.  Been a horrible week on that front.  Nevertheless, Up The Blades come Saturday v Stevenage!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:05:03 PM by Cognomen » Logged

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #3099 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »

Better ask the Canucks.. what seed were they, oh right, first Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

That's 'cause the Kings are loaded to the hilt with good Canadian hockey players... and Jonathan Quick, of course!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #3100 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »

Have we seen our last NFL Pro Bowl?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #3101 on: April 26, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »

Well, it always seemed to me to be one of the few All-Star games that didn't really add anything to the season and didn't do much to settle the debate about who's the better conference- since it was not held in the middle of the year, like other ASGs, and it's after the championship.

spcasuncoast.org
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3102 on: April 26, 2012, 10:34:57 AM »

Well, it always seemed to me to be one of the few All-Star games that didn't really add anything to the season and didn't do much to settle the debate about who's the better conference- since it was not held in the middle of the year, like other ASGs, and it's after the championship.
The last few years the Pro Bowl was played in the week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. However, players on the two Super Bowl teams were not permitted to play in the Pro Bowl, which stripped the two Pro Bowl teams of many of their best players.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:35:24 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #3103 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

Every year I tune in to watch the Pro Bowl expecting (hoping?) it will be a fun time, and every year I turn the channel in disgust sometime in the second quarter.

I really like the concept of the Pro Bowl in theory, but something definitely needs to change with the way that theory translates to reality.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #3104 on: April 26, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »

The last few years the Pro Bowl was played in the week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. However, players on the two Super Bowl teams were not permitted to play in the Pro Bowl, which stripped the two Pro Bowl teams of many of their best players.

Aha! Well, too bad then.

spcasuncoast.org
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: