OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:55:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 399377 times) Average Rating: 5
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #2250 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Chris Paul to the Clipz!! With Blakerz teamed up these two can do some real NBA damage.  CP3 is one of the all-time greatest young players, and his early stats are only beaten by the likes of Jordan, Shaq, and LeBron!  ESPN writers were trying to downplay this trade, citing CP3's slumping numbers last season, however his stats still keep him in the top 10 of basketball currently, though admittedly he has slipped from his 2007/08 season where he had some numbers that put him in the all time top 10.

I knew Clippers would be a play-off threat this season, but especially now! They had the NBA best record after the all-star break.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Darn Clippers took our best player...
With Pujols and Paul now moving, it looks as if the balance of sports power has shifted a bit to LA. Now if LA could only get their own NFL team again.

That is the LAST thing we need, I'd prefer we continue the freedom of to have a diversity of loyalties and to teams outside of LA by not being inherently locked into the hometeam Smiley

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2251 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »

Chris Paul to the Clipz!! With Blakerz teamed up these two can do some real NBA damage.  CP3 is one of the all-time greatest young players, and his early stats are only beaten by the likes of Jordan, Shaq, and LeBron!  ESPN writers were trying to downplay this trade, citing CP3's slumping numbers last season, however his stats still keep him in the top 10 of basketball currently, though admittedly he has slipped from his 2007/08 season where he had some numbers that put him in the all time top 10.

I knew Clippers would be a play-off threat this season, but especially now! They had the NBA best record after the all-star break.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

With Pujols and Paul now moving, it looks as if the balance of sports power has shifted a bit to LA. Now if LA could only get their own NFL team again.

That is the LAST thing we need, I'd prefer we continue the freedom of to have a diversity of loyalties and to teams outside of LA by not being inherently locked into the hometeam Smiley

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Ain't no rule saying you can't be a Red Sox fan in the Bronx.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #2252 on: December 15, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

stay blessed,
habte selassie

except the rule called common sense

SCREW BON JOVI!
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #2253 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:19 PM »

Might've broken my finger in our last rugby match. Oh well, I'll live, though it sucks because its my writing hand.

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2254 on: December 15, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

Might've broken my finger in our last rugby match. Oh well, I'll live, though it sucks because its my writing hand.

Awww  Undecided

Get better soon Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2255 on: December 15, 2011, 11:38:50 PM »

Awww  Undecided

Get better soon Smiley

Muchos Gracias.  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #2256 on: December 16, 2011, 12:31:03 AM »

Falcons Rise Up! (for tonight anyways...)

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2257 on: December 16, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

stay blessed,
habte selassie

except the rule called common sense
True. laugh
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #2258 on: December 16, 2011, 02:11:28 AM »

Well, my Falcons won tonight in dominating fashion 41-14 over the Jaguars. Happy to see it. Glad to see a winning season secure and we're one step closer to the playoffs.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2259 on: December 16, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »

Well, my Falcons won tonight in dominating fashion 41-14 over the Jaguars. Happy to see it. Glad to see a winning season secure and we're one step closer to the playoffs.

Crucial win!!Falcons are just looking better and better as the season winds down, I hope they do some damage in the play-offs.

Tomorrow we see if the Niners are real deal, and I'm hoping the Ravens can keep it up.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
AWR
Greetings from the Southern Jersey Shore.

Expelled from Paradise

« Reply #2260 on: December 16, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »

Packers anyone?
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2261 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »

A meditation in preparation for the Broncos-Patriots contest:

There are no real blemishes on Tebow’s public record to suggest he’s a hypocrite or a sham. He seems too good to be true. Yet through several years of intense scrutiny, the Tebow Story stands up as just that — true. No abuse of women. No mistreatment of teammates, opponents, or fans. He does genuinely good deeds for kids and prisoners. That these often come with a dose of evangelism troubles many of us who are less religious. But by putting himself out there to help people, by resisting the temptation to abuse his stardom in the obnoxious ways certain other Christian sports stars have done (see: “Roethlisberger, Ben”) Tebow has earned the right to share his religious message more than any religious athlete who comes to mind.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
AWR
Greetings from the Southern Jersey Shore.

Expelled from Paradise

« Reply #2262 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »

There are no real blemishes on Tebow’s public record to suggest he’s a hypocrite or a sham. He seems too good to be true. Yet through several years of intense scrutiny, the Tebow Story stands up as just that — true. No abuse of women. No mistreatment of teammates, opponents, or fans. He does genuinely good deeds for kids and prisoners. That these often come with a dose of evangelism troubles many of us who are less religious. But by putting himself out there to help people, by resisting the temptation to abuse his stardom in the obnoxious ways certain other Christian sports stars have done (see: “Roethlisberger, Ben”) Tebow has earned the right to share his religious message more than any religious athlete who comes to mind.

And his team's comebacks are fun to watch!

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2263 on: December 16, 2011, 08:58:47 PM »

Why is Troy Polamalu not getting this kind of attention (not that he really cares to receive it)?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #2264 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:05 PM »

He's not a fundamentalist megachurch televangelist type.

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2265 on: December 16, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »

Why is Troy Polamalu not getting this kind of attention (not that he really cares to receive it)?
Troy doesn't seem to be all that 'in your face' regarding his Christianity.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:45:54 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #2266 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »

Rabbi apologizes to Tebow over column

A rabbi has apologized for going too far in a column expressing fear that continued success by Tim Tebow might lead to a spree of religion-fueled hate crimes.
Hammerman’s vision for what might happen should the Broncos roll to a victory in Super Bowl XLVI, included speculation Tebow’s “emboldened faithful can do insane things, like burning mosques, bashing gays and indiscriminately banishing immigrants. While America has become more inclusive since Jerry Falwell's first political forays, a Tebow triumph could set those efforts back considerably.”
Said Hammerman: " I realize the way in which I attempted to make my points was clumsy and inappropriate, calling to mind the kind of intolerance and extremism my article was intended to disparage. I sincerely apologize to Mr. Tebow, his family, the Broncos and Patriots and all those whom I may have offended."
This is getting out of hand. Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:46:57 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2267 on: December 16, 2011, 11:56:16 PM »

Reason No. 2 why I think more highly of Troy than of Tim.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #2268 on: December 17, 2011, 12:57:17 AM »

Reason No. 2 why I think more highly of Troy than of Tim.

You're not the only one:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/nfl-star-beats-tim-tebow-most-religious-athlete-football

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #2269 on: December 17, 2011, 01:50:51 AM »

Even if I find the Tebow circus ridiculous, I'm happy there are devout Christians playing the game.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2270 on: December 17, 2011, 03:24:01 AM »

Because Polamalu has never turned around a team like Tebow has.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2271 on: December 17, 2011, 12:39:36 PM »

With all the controversy and hype about Tim Tebow, I really don't care that much. I don't hate the guy, nor do I extol him as the second coming of Our Lord. But one thing I have noticed is this: for some strange reason, his proselytizing, evangelism, and "Christian witness" has resulted in bringing far more attention to Tim Tebow than to Jesus Christ.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2272 on: December 17, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »

Troy has gotten a lot of attention in the past, attention towards Orthodox which is actually great and I love that he represents Orthodox and fasting culture in the mainstream NFL media, but the difference in why Tebow has more is quite literally its either more miraculous or more impressive or both what has been happening in Denver.  In NFL terms, all religion aside, Troy is from the Steelers, a team with quite a few Superbowl, Conference, and Division crowns, and so it is simply expected that they win and do well. Whereas Denver has been slumping the past few years, and under Tebow they went from a skid to a streak, and an impressive one at that at 7-1, which would be impressive even if the Steelers had that streak (which they don't) and if the Steelers had just recently went from the bottom to the top, I am sure that Troy's religiosity would be all the rave as well, though admittedly Tim Tebow is a bit more out there, open, advertising, and eccentric with his approach, and so it obviously gets a lot of attention.  What has captured America is not just Tebow's faith, its Denver's surprise comeback!
And again, its not just luck or miracles that has brought Denver back in this, it is strategy and a bit of skill.  They have the current best rush in the NFL, and so when folks criticize Tebow for not having great passing numbers, that is a bit disingenuous, because there is still a lot going on with Denver's offense.  Denver seems to choke out their opponents with the rush and scrambles until the fourth quarter when the opposing defense is out of gas, and then Denver has a second wind of stamina to come back and take the win, even in overtime.  To have THREE OVERTIME comeback wins is not simply luck, that is actually quite impressive bursts of stamina and endurance, and look at the Eagles, plenty of top-rate talent and yet no endurance, not comebacks.  Clearly Denver has got something going there, the question is can they keep up with themselves?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #2273 on: December 17, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »

Quote from: Achronos

Tebow has never won a couple of Super Bowls, like Polamalu did.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2274 on: December 18, 2011, 07:07:48 PM »

Well, the 1974 Miami Dolphins can celebrate once again, for the Packers can no longer finish the season unbeaten.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 19, Green Bay Packers 14

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311218012
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #2275 on: December 18, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »

I was kind of waiting for that.  Grin

ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #2276 on: December 18, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »

I was waiting for it to happen, too, but I didn't have the Chiefs pegged as the ones to do it. I would have said Chicago or most likely Detroit would have ended the streak. If anything, the Packers should have dominated this game, IMO, but the Chiefs played the best football they've played all year (including if you want, their little trip to the playoffs from last season Tongue) . That's why they play the game.

And, IMO, Romeo Crennel's a good to great coach, he just didn't have much to work with in Cleveland (and neither did Bill Belichick, for that matter).

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2277 on: December 18, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »

No Tebow heroics today

For once, the Broncos started out fast and jumped to an early 9-point lead over Tom Brady and his band of Patriots, but 3 second-quarter turnovers put them in a hole from which they could not climb out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311218007
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:59:50 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #2278 on: December 18, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »

He's got to go through some tempering experiences. There's more to being good than just winning streaks- everybody loses sometimes, so you have to be able to come back from a loss. I'm sure he'll be around for a while.

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #2279 on: December 19, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »

I think part of it is just a matter of position. The quarterback is always the star of the team, and the defense is rarely known by name. For a safety, it's pretty incredible that Troy is as well known as he is, even if it's more for big hair than for Orthodoxy. Tebow's displays of religion are also much more ostentatious (and mockable), so that's probably part of it.

Also, yesterday was awesome. The Bengals won and still have a shot at a wild card slot, Packers and Colts finally upset their streaks, I made five dollars off my dad thanks to the Ravens sucking, and an F-bomb was dropped on national TV. What more could you ask for from football?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:53:52 PM by That person » Logged

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2280 on: December 19, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »

Quote from: Achronos

Tebow has never won a couple of Super Bowls, like Polamalu did.

But that is ENTIRELY my point, it is simply EXPECTED that Troy and the Steelers win and win big, because they have a stack of Division crowns, Conference Titles, and even Superbowl Championships, and yet Tebow?  So when Tebow wins and turns around a terribly slumping team to go from the bottom of their division to having the top rushing offence in the NFL this season, that is something impressive on its own. 

Yeah, the Chiefs Wink

No Tebow heroics today

true, but a 7-2 record for an NFL quarterback isn't exactly a tragedy is it? By the way, Cam Newton is less than 100 years from smashing Peyton Mannings rookie quarterback passing yardage record, and its just 300 short of setting an ALL-TIME NFL QB record for 4000 yards passing, 500 yards rushing!! Very impressive, despite Carolina's dismal record this season, it both demonstrates that skill is one thing, but having the W is another all-together, something which clearly Denver Broncos have both of this year Wink
I was waiting for it to happen, too, but I didn't have the Chiefs pegged as the ones to do it. I would have said Chicago or most likely Detroit would have ended the streak.
Agreed, Detroit have done very well against Packers, both Lions and now Chiefs are the only teams in the past two seasons to hold the Packers entirely scoreless in the first half, and the Lions in their 12-9 loss earlier this season held Packers to just field goals!! If Lions can keep their head together, they are a serious threat in the play-offs this year, but Thanksgiving demonstrated exactly what can happen when they simply lose their cool..  By the way, the Chiefs had been playing very well, even in their losses, so I had predicted this one for sure and was not surprised in the slightest to see them get the win.

Poor Raiders, one good kick away from staying in the play-off race, but then again, coming from a life-long Raider Nation location, they simply wouldn't be the Raiders if they didn't perpetually choke eh?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2281 on: December 20, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »

greetings in that Divine and most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

The 49ers are REAL DEAL! Not only did they shut out Steelers, they have maintained the best NFL defense against the rush, keeping their opponents from scoring any rushing TDs for 14 consecutive games, an all-time NFL record.  Further, there have been only 4 Monday Night games between two .750 record teams in all of NFL history, and after last night the 49ers have played in ALL FOUR!!  Jerry Rice's franchise-season score record of 138 was also broken last night.

The Steelers are 0-Harbaugh Brothers Wink

PS.. Go Blakers!! (put the smack down on Lakers last night, even though Laker bigs gave em a 10 rebound advantage, the Clippers still had better shots and easily took the win)

stay blessed,
habte selassie

ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #2282 on: December 21, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »

UGA really is blessed to have Mark Richt as their football coach. Even his NCAA violations are a class act!

Believing members of his football staff weren't being compensated satisfactorily, Georgia coach Mark Richt unknowingly violated NCAA rules by paying them out of his own pocket.

Richt's payments to several staffers were among a series of secondary NCAA violations uncovered by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in a standard open records report released Tuesday.

According to the AJC report, Richt's actions broke NCAA rules on supplemental pay. But discipline was limited to letters of admonishment from the school to Richt and those he made payments to, as well as additional rules education, the report said.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #2283 on: December 21, 2011, 03:15:20 AM »

UGA really is blessed to have Mark Richt as their football coach. Even his NCAA violations are a class act!

Believing members of his football staff weren't being compensated satisfactorily, Georgia coach Mark Richt unknowingly violated NCAA rules by paying them out of his own pocket.

Richt's payments to several staffers were among a series of secondary NCAA violations uncovered by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in a standard open records report released Tuesday.

According to the AJC report, Richt's actions broke NCAA rules on supplemental pay. But discipline was limited to letters of admonishment from the school to Richt and those he made payments to, as well as additional rules education, the report said.
If only the Buckeyes could be so lucky! laugh
ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #2284 on: December 21, 2011, 03:41:36 AM »

I believe Richt's real desire is to become a missionary overseas, which makes me wonder how much longer he'll be at UGA. I wouldn't mind seeing him top Vince Dooley's record of 201 wins with the school (he has 106 right now), even if Richt doesn't win the National Title.

Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #2285 on: December 22, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »

Well, it wasn't the slaughter I expected, and it sure wasn't pretty, but TCU managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat tonight and win the Poinsettia Bowl 31-24 over Louisiana Tech. Tracy Pachall broke Andy Dalton's records of last year, and Gary Patterson has either tied or surpassed Dutch Meyer's all-time win record as TCU head coach.  Not a bad way to leave the Mountain West for the Big XII.  If the Frogs ever return to San Diego in the postseason, it'll likely be in some future Holiday Bowl.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #2286 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:21 PM »

I believe Richt's real desire is to become a missionary overseas, which makes me wonder how much longer he'll be at UGA. I wouldn't mind seeing him top Vince Dooley's record of 201 wins with the school (he has 106 right now), even if Richt doesn't win the National Title.

Go dawgs!

Richt is definitely a great guy.  I hope he stays a while longer.  I wasnt one of the haters either last season/beginning of this season. 

He also sold his 2nd home (a 2 million dollar lake house) a while back so hed have more money to give to those who dont have anything. Heres a link to the whole story... http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2011/05/25/mark-richt-says-decision-to-sell-lake-hartwell-property-was-christian-motivated/

We definitely need more people like him around.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
christian7777
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2287 on: December 22, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »

I'm still happy about the Patriots' victory over the Broncos, no offense to Tebow's fans.
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #2288 on: December 22, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »

I'm still happy about the Patriots' victory over the Broncos, no offense to Tebow's fans.

Me, too. And I would like the Broncos to lose at least once more so the Chargers have a chance (albeit a very slim one) to sneak into the playoffs.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
christian7777
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2289 on: December 23, 2011, 12:06:31 AM »

Me, too. And I would like the Broncos to lose at least once more so the Chargers have a chance (albeit a very slim one) to sneak into the playoffs.

The Chargers had a great win over the Ravens last week.
stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #2290 on: December 23, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »

They sure did! Too bad they started to play so well so late in the season.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #2291 on: December 23, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »

I'm just excited for some of the Boxing Day football matches!  laugh

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2292 on: December 23, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »

Ouch! Please don't remind me..

That hurt at two levels, both from place as a Ravens fan as a long time Angelino devotee to the Raider Nation!!  (honestly what team has such a solid and loyal fan base win or lose? Raider Nation is closest thing America has to Polish Soccer Hooligans)

stay blessed,
habte selassie

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2293 on: December 24, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »

Wow, those Lions played a nearly flawless game to clinch their first play-off berth since 1999 and recover well from that NFL worst ever record in 2008!!

I bet Tim the Toolman was gruntin it up the whole game!!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

stavros_388
OC.net guru

« Reply #2294 on: December 24, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »

Wow, those Lions played a nearly flawless game to clinch their first play-off berth since 1999 and recover well from that NFL worst ever record in 2008!!

I bet Tim the Toolman was gruntin it up the whole game!!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

They did. And good for them, too! Stafford and Calvin Johnson... wow.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:32:32 PM by stavros_388 » Logged

Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: