OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 06:42:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 409144 times) Average Rating: 5
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #1935 on: October 24, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »

Manchester United vs. Manchester City this Sunday...it'll be one heck of a game, I'm excited. City are actually good...wow!

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Oct/manchester-united-v-manchester-city-match-preview.aspx

6-1 to City..didn't expect that to be honest, Balotelli is really starting to come into his own on the pitch.  Good game for Džeko as well, bagging two on 90 minutes, though by this time United's defence looked like they couldn't give a toss anymore.  City five points clear at the top.

Bloody horrible... I still cannot believe this. Like WOW.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Oct/manchester-united-v-manchester-city-report.aspx
It put me in a bad mood all day...and into today as a matter of fact.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #1936 on: October 24, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

Manchester United vs. Manchester City this Sunday...it'll be one heck of a game, I'm excited. City are actually good...wow!

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Oct/manchester-united-v-manchester-city-match-preview.aspx

6-1 to City..didn't expect that to be honest, Balotelli is really starting to come into his own on the pitch.  Good game for Džeko as well, bagging two on 90 minutes, though by this time United's defence looked like they couldn't give a toss anymore.  City five points clear at the top.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Oct/manchester-united-v-manchester-city-report.aspx

PP

I would blame it on Jonny Evans...but I know it wasnt all his fault. The only United man trying in that match was Wayne Rooney.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:12:13 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1937 on: October 25, 2011, 12:57:21 AM »

And Game 3 goes to... Albert Pujols. First player since Reggie Jackson (1977) and only the third ever (Babe Ruth being the first) to hit 3 home runs in a World Series game.

Cardinals win 16-7 to take a 2-1 series lead.
16 runs on 15 hits in one game, 0 runs on only 2 hits the next, and the Rangers are even at 2-2.
And the Rangers follow by becoming the first team to push the other to the cliff's edge. Will the Cardinals answer? Or will the Rangers push them off the cliff and earn the right to be called Kings of the Mountain for a year?
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #1938 on: October 25, 2011, 11:14:05 AM »

PP

I would blame it on Jonny Evans...but I know it wasnt all his fault. The only United man trying in that match was Wayne Rooney.
I've said it since the get go that Sir Alex (although I am not usually one to question him) got rid of the wrong guy. He should have kept O'Shea and got rid of Evans.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1939 on: October 25, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »

It was one day. I say we don't panic.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #1940 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »

It was one day. I say we don't panic.  Smiley
Im not panicing, I just hate sour grapes.

PP

Gregory the Great

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1941 on: October 25, 2011, 08:24:29 PM »

Not surprisingly, the Ducks beat Colorado 45-2 with their second string QB Bryan Bennett and RB Kenjon Barner playing the whole game until their lead got out of hand. The Ducks would have had a shutout if Cliff Harris hadn't pulled off the bonehead play of the day by fielding a punt at his own 2-yard line. (Just let the damn thing go and start possession at the 20, dude!)
It looks as if this punt returner just got suspended indefinitely from the Ducks, not for his bonehead play, but for his second traffic violation in the last 12 months.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1942 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »

2 runs down, 2 outs, 2 strikes in the bottom of the 9th... No problem...
2 runs down, 2 outs, 2 strikes in the bottom of the 10th... No problem...

David Freese, whose 2-run triple in the 9th forced extra innings, hits a walk-off home run to lead off the bottom of the 11th, and the Cardinals force Game 7.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:21:31 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #1943 on: October 28, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »

Anyone else watch that?  One of the best world series games ive ever seen...

Although, all the credit goes to my Braves.  Cardinals wouldnt be where they are if it werent for our epic collapse!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1944 on: October 28, 2011, 01:06:11 AM »

Wasn't it 25 years ago that a World Series Game 6 ended in similarly dramatic fashion? (Remember Bill Buckner?)
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #1945 on: October 28, 2011, 01:12:00 AM »

Wasn't it 25 years ago that a World Series Game 6 ended in similarly dramatic fashion? (Remember Bill Buckner?)

Good ole Buckner! Wasnt a bad player... but no one cares.  Hes the guy that let that ball go through his legs!!!

I think the worst part about that play was allowing the mets (notice I didnt capitalize the letter 'm') to win a world series...

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1946 on: October 28, 2011, 01:28:19 AM »

Good ole Buckner! Wasnt a bad player... but no one cares.  Hes the guy that let that ball go through his legs!!!
He wasn't even the one who blew the Red Sox lead in that game. If not for the Buckner error, the game would only have gone to another extra inning. IIRC, it was a wild pitch by Bob Stanley that allowed the Mets to tie the game.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #1947 on: October 28, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »

He wasn't even the one who blew the Red Sox lead in that game. If not for the Buckner error, the game would only have gone to another extra inning. IIRC, it was a wild pitch by Bob Stanley that allowed the Mets to tie the game.

Yea.. im not old enough to remember that much. Ha! Im 23, which I guess means this game was played before I was born. '86??

— Chrysostom

BLOG
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1948 on: October 28, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »

Anyone else watch that?  One of the best world series games ive ever seen...

Good ole Buckner! Wasnt a bad player... but no one cares.  Hes the guy that let that ball go through his legs!!!

Yea.. im not old enough to remember that much. Ha! Im 23, which I guess means this game was played before I was born. '86??
Yup. 1986. The bizarre Game 6 was played on my 15th birthday.

IIRC, the Mets had just eliminated the Houston Astros in an equally bizarre NLCS Game 6--the game went 16 innings. The Rangers' current owner, Nolan Ryan, should remember that series, since he pitched in it (for the Astros).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:38:51 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
George_Mina_Awad

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #1949 on: October 28, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »

Although, all the credit goes to my Braves.  Cardinals wouldnt be where they are if it werent for our epic collapse!

Actually, my Phillies deserve all the credit here. They kept Atlanta from reaching the postseason when they still had a chance to do so in their final series, and then handed the NLDS over to the Cardinals.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #1950 on: October 28, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

David Freese, whose 2-run triple in the 9th forced extra innings, hits a walk-off home run to lead off the bottom of the 11th, and the Cardinals force Game 7.

Pure magic, I by sheer coincidence tuned in just at the start of the Cardinals taking the bat in the 9th.. I thought it was a long shot when Freese stepped up to bat and got two strikes, with Texas being just 1 out away from taking it all, let alone for this exact same scenario to play out twice, in a game with 10 lead changes!!

Baseball can be very very boring, but games like this, with so much on the line, well they are a bit elevated in excitement.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1951 on: October 28, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »

Baseball can be very very boring...
Is outrage!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1952 on: October 28, 2011, 03:34:07 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Pure magic, I by sheer coincidence tuned in just at the start of the Cardinals taking the bat in the 9th.. I thought it was a long shot when Freese stepped up to bat and got two strikes, with Texas being just 1 out away from taking it all, let alone for this exact same scenario to play out twice, in a game with 10 lead changes!!

Baseball can be very very boring, but games like this, with so much on the line, well they are a bit elevated in excitement.
Kinda like this moment from Game 6 of the 1975 World Series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cADKYFQyQ (Pay special attention at 0:20 of the video.)
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1953 on: October 28, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »

Baseball can be very very boring

Agreed.

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1954 on: October 28, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

Four batters into Game 7, and the only player Carpenter has gotten out was on a baserunning gaffe.

But Harrison hasn't shown himself any better for the other side.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:29:45 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1955 on: October 28, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »

Cardinals 6, Rangers 2

St. Louis wins World Series 4-3.

Now the Rangers can go into the offseason wondering about all those missed opportunities in Game 6.
George_Mina_Awad

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #1956 on: October 29, 2011, 01:06:56 AM »

Cardinals 6, Rangers 2

St. Louis wins World Series 4-3.

Now the Rangers can go into the offseason wondering about all those missed opportunities in Game 6.

Devastating loss.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1957 on: October 29, 2011, 09:00:45 AM »

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1958 on: October 29, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

I hate our noisy neighbours (United fans will know what I mean). That is all.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:19:03 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #1959 on: October 30, 2011, 01:49:55 AM »

Two of my three almae matres won this weekend--and a rather bizarre weekend it was, what with northeastern teamss at home playing in blizzard conditions, and a notable upset here and there.

Last night, on supposedly neutral ground, TCU showed it's getting the hang of scoring early, if not often, taking the lead on BYU and never giving it up.  Then, tonight, Texas made the Jayhawks of Kansis wish they were somewhere in Oz, while Oklahoma was blowing K-State's dream season apart, and Iowa State, of all teams, was making Texas Tech look pretty sick.

On the downside, the Bad News Bears met the Bad News Bruins in the Rose Bowl, and Cal lost decisively to UCLA.

And, in the Bizarre Play category, during the Arizona-Washington game, with the Huskies having pushed the Wildcats almost to the goal line, the boys in black tried a lateral, which was intercepted by an Arizona player, who, in turn, lateraled to one of his own teammates; the latter ran it in for a score and tied the game 21 all at that point.  I haven't seen anything quite like that since The Play (in the Cal-Stanford Big Game of 1983).

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1960 on: October 30, 2011, 02:28:15 AM »

It looks as if JoePa now has more wins than any other head coach in NCAA football history. That record was made official today when Illinois's last-second FG try bounced off the upright and out.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:31:31 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #1961 on: October 30, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »

Did anyone catch the ESPN article predicting the next 25 World Series? It starts out rather ho-hum, and then just gets kooky, including the A's moving to Vegas, Mexico City, ad Shanghai, the Yankees to NJ, Nick Swisher managing the Mets, Japanese teams winning the WS, and the Cubs getting to, and losing, 5 straight WS with Albert Pujols. Kind of fun.

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1962 on: October 30, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »

It was divine intervention.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1963 on: October 30, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »

It was divine intervention.
Yeah, it looks as if the Cubs might have to sacrifice a billy goat to get back to the World Series. Roll Eyes
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1964 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:59 AM »

I just came across the box score of a high school football game involving an Oregon school and a Washington school where one of the two teams scored 64 points and still lost by 40! Shocked The final score was 104-64. I think it was an 8-man game.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1965 on: October 31, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »

It looks as if JoePa now has more wins than any other head coach in NCAA football history. That record was made official today when Illinois's last-second FG try bounced off the upright and out.

Congrats to JoePa. A class act. Now it's time to step down. His schtick is getting a bit old. But he'll always be remembered as one of the greats.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1966 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:07 AM »

Congrats to JoePa. A class act. Now it's time to step down. His schtick is getting a bit old.
Is there anything about him that isn't getting old?
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1967 on: October 31, 2011, 03:27:30 AM »

Congrats to JoePa. A class act. Now it's time to step down. His schtick is getting a bit old.
Is there anything about him that isn't getting old?

Well, I don't think class ever gets old. And I credit him for that. BAMA and Penn State had a good rivalry for many years. But both fan bases were always respectful and classy towards the other. I think that's due to the standards that Bear Bryant and Joe Paterno both set. For them, it was always as much about what you did off the field as what you did on it.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #1968 on: October 31, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »

The Bengals defense played beautifully in the fourth quarter last night.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1969 on: October 31, 2011, 11:36:27 AM »

United 1 - Everton 0

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Oct/everton-v-manchester-united-report.aspx

Rosenborg 2 - Fredrikstad 0

http://www.rbk.no/incoming/article213332.ece

Forgive my sins.
trifon

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian Patriarchate (currently Archdiocese of Thyateira)

« Reply #1970 on: October 31, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

Everton are really missing Arteta...haven't found a capable replacement for him.  Not to mention that the problems with strikers.  Saha is creative, but injury prone and at 33, some new blood might be needed.  Vellios looked decent from the little I saw of him.  Once McFadden recovers (again), he'll be able to offer some width. United didn't totally impress, and they seemed a bit nervous in defence, but they have the 3 points and that's what matters most.  But hey, what do I know, I'm no Everton supporter Cheesy

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1971 on: October 31, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »

Tony LaRussa is retiring.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #1972 on: October 31, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »

United 1 - Everton 0

All we need is a victory at home and a champions league win with Oletul and I'll say crisis averted. The rest of united's schedule in 2011 is pretty easy except for a Newcastle match that gives me a little pause.....

PP

Gregory the Great

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1973 on: October 31, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »

Tebow. He had an off-day.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1974 on: October 31, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »

Like he didn't have an off-day against the Dolphins? So far, he's been terrible for all but a couple of the minutes he's played as a starter, and his one flash of brilliance was against the worst team in the NFL.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1975 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »

Like he didn't have an off-day against the Dolphins? So far, he's been terrible for all but a couple of the minutes he's played as a starter, and his one flash of brilliance was against the worst team in the NFL.
No where to go but up. Roll Eyes

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1976 on: October 31, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »

No where to go but up. Roll Eyes
True. He does have a lot to learn, and I hope he does learn.

However, the unofficial scouting report on him is that...
  • He has a slow release (hence his loss of a fumble when a defender stripped him of the ball while he was cocking his arm back to throw a pass).
  • He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he was two feet away (hence his low completion percentage).
  • He can't read where blitzes are coming from (hence his 14 times sacked in the two games he's started--at this rate, he's going to be seriously injured before the end of the season).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:02:41 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1977 on: October 31, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »

Everton are really missing Arteta...haven't found a capable replacement for him.  Not to mention that the problems with strikers.  Saha is creative, but injury prone and at 33, some new blood might be needed.  Vellios looked decent from the little I saw of him.  Once McFadden recovers (again), he'll be able to offer some width. United didn't totally impress, and they seemed a bit nervous in defence, but they have the 3 points and that's what matters most.  But hey, what do I know, I'm no Everton supporter Cheesy

United were very lucky to come away with the 3 points on this day, they really didnt play up to potential. And yes, Saha is very injury prone. So Tim Cahill is the only viable attacking threat Everton have, IMHO.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #1978 on: October 31, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »

United 1 - Everton 0

All we need is a victory at home and a champions league win with Oletul and I'll say crisis averted. The rest of united's schedule in 2011 is pretty easy except for a Newcastle match that gives me a little pause.....

PP

Well, we need to beat Oletul (should be fairly easy), but also Benfica more than likely, to advance to the group stage, otherwise we would have to win on the road in Basel, which is harder than it sounds.

As for the league, I am concerned of the Jan 22 match up at The Emirates, because Arsenal are looking good right now. Not to mention the 28th of April when we head across town to face Money City FC and there super star line up in their stadium.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:13:59 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1979 on: October 31, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »

United 1 - Everton 0

PP

Well, we need to beat Oletul (should be fairly easy), but also Benfica more than likely, to advance to the group stage, otherwise we would have to win on the road in Basel, which is harder than it sounds.

As for the league, I am concerned of the Jan 22 match up at The Emirates, because Arsenal are looking good right now. Not to mention the 28th of April when we head across town to face Money City FC and there super star line up in their stadium.

RVP
RVP
RVP

And I'm sorry, but a Man U fan referring to Man City as "Money City" just makes me laugh, but I'm not surprised to hear such a thing from a Scum supporter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:33:26 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: