OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 08:23:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 416445 times) Average Rating: 5
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1575 on: February 01, 2011, 02:02:20 AM »

Looks like Troy Polamalu just edged out Clay Matthews in the AP voting for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6078149&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:02:50 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1576 on: February 01, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »

Looks like Troy Polamalu just edged out Clay Matthews in the AP voting for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6078149&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Very cool! Polamalu is the only thing that keeps me interested in pro football.

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #1577 on: February 05, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »

Crap... Malkin is out for the rest of the season.  Not that I'm a huge fan of him, but still... Lips Sealed

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1578 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »

Wow this Super Bowl has me on edge...

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1579 on: February 06, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »

Wow this Super Bowl has me on edge...

Like I said before...

We don't like blowing teams out. We're humble like that!  Tongue Cheesy Tongue

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1580 on: February 06, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »

Sometimes we're too humble for our own good.  Cheesy  Congrats to the Green Bay fans.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1581 on: February 06, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »

I feel completely gutted.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #1582 on: February 07, 2011, 01:46:56 AM »

From now on I shall call the Superbowl the "Superfluous Bowl." Everything about it epitomizes the opulence and inane excessiveness of our culture. The millions upon millions of dollars that go into this extravangnaza produce only the lowest forms of artistic expression. I would argue that any of the advertising, pre-game fanfare, halftime show, etc. could even be called "creative" at all. The actual game itself is quite worth watching, but there is so much ostentatious fanfare woven throughout that I can hardly stomach watching any of it. And trying to watch the Superbowl with my children produced callouses on my thumbs from all the channel changing I had to do to protect their innocent eyes and ears from the filth that permeated the entire spectacle. In fact, the best thing about this Superbowl was the fact that there were no strippers, ummmm... I mean "cheerleaders."

I was for Pittsburgh because of Troy Polamalu. It was a mildly intriguing game, but compared to an average day in the SEC I found it almost somnolent.

OK, that's my rant on the Superbowl. Sorry to be so curmudgeonly. Congrats to the Packers.

Selam
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:47:17 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1583 on: February 07, 2011, 01:54:16 AM »

Sheesh, it wasn't that bad, lol.  police The only commercial I really disliked was the one about Tibet, which I thought was distasteful. Oh, and the commercial for the movie based on the myth that we only use 20% of our brain. That was dumb as well. But the rest... eh *shrugs* Then again, I didn't watch all the commercials, as I was often surfing the oc.net when commercial were on. I also muted the TV during halftime; I don't know that I've ever watched a Super Bowl halftime show.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #1584 on: February 07, 2011, 02:00:41 AM »

Sheesh, it wasn't that bad, lol.  police The only commercial I really disliked was the one about Tibet, which I thought was distasteful. Oh, and the commercial for the movie based on the myth that we only use 20% of our brain. That was dumb as well. But the rest... eh *shrugs* Then again, I didn't watch all the commercials, as I was often surfing the oc.net when commercial were on. I also muted the TV during halftime; I don't know that I've ever watched a Super Bowl halftime show.

Yeah, I hardly watched any of the commercials either. I only saw about 10 seconds of the halftime show, which was enough. But even if all of it wasn't downright sinful, it's still just the inanity and extravagance that rubs me the wrong way. Green Bay vs. Dallas in the "Ice Bowl," now that was football worth watching!

Selam

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1585 on: February 07, 2011, 02:24:59 AM »

From now on I shall call the Superbowl the "Superfluous Bowl." Everything about it epitomizes the opulence and inane excessiveness of our culture. The millions upon millions of dollars that go into this extravangnaza produce only the lowest forms of artistic expression. I would argue that any of the advertising, pre-game fanfare, halftime show, etc. could even be called "creative" at all. The actual game itself is quite worth watching, but there is so much ostentatious fanfare woven throughout that I can hardly stomach watching any of it. And trying to watch the Superbowl with my children produced callouses on my thumbs from all the channel changing I had to do to protect their innocent eyes and ears from the filth that permeated the entire spectacle. In fact, the best thing about this Superbowl was the fact that there were no strippers, ummmm... I mean "cheerleaders."

I was for Pittsburgh because of Troy Polamalu. It was a mildly intriguing game, but compared to an average day in the SEC I found it almost somnolent.

OK, that's my rant on the Superbowl. Sorry to be so curmudgeonly. Congrats to the Packers.

Selam

Amen brother.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #1586 on: February 07, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »

Selam

And yet you are a fan of college football where a majority of the teams are automatically disqualified from the national championship due to the BCS?  Must be a Southern thing I suppose...college football is an immaculate gift from the gods above and professional football is its red headed cousin.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1587 on: February 08, 2011, 11:46:33 PM »

Another reason to like the former USC Trojan Clay Matthews...

http://www.jimrome.com/take/the-claymaker-has-a-whole-new-fan-base/22853

Best ale is at the Green Dragon...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1588 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:13 AM »

Looks like the NBA just lost a great coach today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6109031&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Jerry Sloan, the greatest coach ever to never win an NBA title (thanks largely to Phil Jackson, Michael Jordan, and Scottie Pippen)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:06:29 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #1589 on: February 12, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »

Certain things remind us Americans of the coming of the spring..the Super Bowl is over, it will be above freezing in Minnesota this week, the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee reminds us that Pascha is on the horizon, a robin is singing, the first crocuses are trying to pop through the ice and snow.....and best of all.....PITCHERS AND CATCHERS arrive at spring training camps on Monday!
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #1590 on: February 13, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »

“Something went wrong from the very beginning, and I couldn’t readjust myself. Maybe it’s time to leave,” he said. “Yes, maybe it’s the last time. Maybe it’s high time. Thank you for everything. I spent a great, beautiful, long sporting life. Maybe it’s God’s will.” - Fedor Emelianenko

Fedor Emelianenko lost his second fight in a row to Antonio Silva due to doctor stopage between the second and third rounds.  The quote above was given by Fedor after the fight.  If Fedor indeed does retire, he will retire with a record of 32 wins, 3 loses, and 1 no contest, going nearly a decade undefeated.  Fedor was a relatively small Heavyweight standing 5'11 inches and weighing around 230 pounds.  He often gave up size and strength to his opponents (for example Antonio Silva stood 6'4 inches tall and weighed 285 lbs. at fight time with a 7 inch reach advantagge) but due to superior technique was able to defeat many of his opponents.  These last few years Fedor found his faith in Russian Orthodoxy, was married, and although he trained day in and day out he appeared to have lost his desire to fight.

To his critics he is considered nothing more than a farce who avoided fighting "better competition" in the UFC.  To his supporters, he is the Heavyweight GOAT (greatest of all time) who dominated the PrideFC organization heavyweight division when the UFC was busch league.  I know there aren't too many MMA fans on this forum, but to see many legends slowly fade (Wanderlei Silva, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Chuck Liddell, and Matt Hughes), this fighter's fall from the highest heights saddens me the most.  In addition, with the UFC's practicle monopoly on MMA, and Dana White's strong dislike for the stoic Russian, Fedor will most likely be a side note to many future MMA fans who will discredit his accomplishments for never stepping into the UFC.

With that said, I just want to thank Fedor Emelianenko for the past decades of great fights. 

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1591 on: February 19, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »

Certain things remind us Americans of the coming of the spring..the Super Bowl is over, it will be above freezing in Minnesota this week, the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee reminds us that Pascha is on the horizon, a robin is singing, the first crocuses are trying to pop through the ice and snow.....and best of all.....PITCHERS AND CATCHERS arrive at spring training camps on Monday!

Baseball is only 3 season sport, spring, summer and fall, can't wait to beat those SF Giants & the NYY...

Let's play ball...go Dodgers & BoSox

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1592 on: February 20, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »

Baseball is only 3 season sport,
Basketball goes three-season. Doesn't it?
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1593 on: February 20, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »

Yes. The NBA season starts in the fall (right around Halloween) and finishes at just about the start of summer.
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #1594 on: February 20, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »

Ditto for the NHL.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1595 on: February 20, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

I need to make a mental note not to invite yous guys to a sports bar...

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1596 on: February 21, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »

Well now, wait a minute.  You didn't mention sports bar.  If you're buying the beer, I'm willing to agree with you unequivocally.  I publicly rescind my prior, ill-conceived nay-saying.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1597 on: February 21, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »

Well now, wait a minute.  You didn't mention sports bar.  If you're buying the beer, I'm willing to agree with you unequivocally.  I publicly rescind my prior, ill-conceived nay-saying.

I'll buy the first round of beers & wings...and it has nothing to do with the previous discussions

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #1598 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »

Am I the only one painfully waiting out baseball season to start? I'm with the Rockies; purple and black all the way. We've had an amazing offseason which I'm hoping will help us win the West.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #1599 on: February 25, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »

My Rockets suck! I am so sad.....I hope the trades they made will give us....a winning season? Break even?.....sigh

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1600 on: March 04, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »

My Arnold Classic prediction for this weekend...

1. Branch Warren
2. Evan Centopani
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Ronnie Rockel
5. Victor Martinez

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1601 on: March 14, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »

My Arnold Classic prediction for this weekend...

1. Branch Warren
2. Evan Centopani
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Ronnie Rockel
5. Victor Martinez

I wasn't too off, 'cept for Dexter Jackson (and excluding Wolf). Ahh well, congrats to Warren, he finally got that elusive title.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:56:36 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1602 on: March 14, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »

I'm really looking forward to fantasy baseball this year... will be the first time I've played it, and it should be interesting have stats every day adding up, as opposed to just two or three days counting as with football. I think I drafted a pretty decent team on yahoo as well.

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #1603 on: March 14, 2011, 07:05:04 PM »

Am I the only one painfully waiting out baseball season to start?

Nope.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Rangers try for their second World Series appearance.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1604 on: March 15, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »

Nope.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Rangers try for their second World Series appearance.

They were fun to watch last year. I would have much rather them win it all then the Giants; I can't stand the Giants and their writers. And I wish the Rockies could have stolen Young too.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1605 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »

That's a long suspension... but I suppose he deserved it...

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1606 on: March 22, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

I don't have the time to play regular fantasy baseball but do play the Baseball Challenge @ ESPN...

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1607 on: March 23, 2011, 06:39:13 AM »

Not sure it actually qualifies as a statistic, but my favorite sports fact is:  a world class marathon is one run in under 2:10 (my definition; the world record has been sub-2:10 since 1981, and the current women's record is close at 2:15).  So anyway, what this means is that these athletes are essentially running quarter-mile laps in something like 74 or 75 seconds.  (BTW, a quarter-mile is almost exactly 400m for those of you in Europe and other strange places that don't measure in yards and miles.)  Most of the folks reading this would find it impossible to go out and run a single lap in 75 seconds.*  These athletes are doing them back-to-back-to-back, one after the other...

...for 105 straight.

Any world-class athletic achievement is impressive.  But each time I do the math on this one, I'm in awe.

* Heck, most of us would be challenged to sprint 100m in a fourth of that time, or 18.75 sec.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1608 on: March 23, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »

Hope springs eternal when the words "Pitchers and Catchers Report" appear in the Sports Section.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1609 on: March 23, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »

I took Texas State at San Antonio vs. OSU for 100-1 dogs. Cudda been rich this Monday.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #1610 on: March 31, 2011, 05:49:26 AM »

Gentlemen, поздравляю с праздником! Happy Opening Day to all, the greatest secular day of the year! Being in Russia, at least until June, here comes a long stretch of nights awake at 3am.

Let's Go Mets
Let's Go Red Sox

My picks:
AL East-Boston, ALC-CWS, ALW-Texas, wild card-Detroit
Boston over Det and CWS over Tex ALDS
Boston over CWS ALCS

NL East-Phi, NLC-Milwaukee, NLW-COL, wild card-Cincy
Philly over Cincy, Milwaukee over Colorado NLDS
Milwaukee over Philly NLCS

Boston over Milwaukee

AL MVP: Carl Crawford
AL Cy: Max Scherzer
AL Roy: Kila Ka'Aihue

NL MVP: Carlos Gonzalez
NL CY: Roy Halladay
NL ROY: Freddie Freeman

More importantly, I pick my college team, which I coach and play for, to win our conference, thereby convincing the administration to build us a new field and pick up our program as varsity! (NECBA, club baseball)

Opening day game of the day: Brewers (Gallardo) vs. Reds (Volquez), 10pm Russian time!
Can't wait to get back to my beloved 5th row seats at Citi Field!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:50:53 AM by JimCBrooklyn » Logged

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1611 on: March 31, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »

Gentlemen, поздравляю с праздником! Happy Opening Day to all, the greatest secular day of the year! Being in Russia, at least until June, here comes a long stretch of nights awake at 3am.

Let's Go Mets
Let's Go Red Sox

My picks:
AL East-Boston, ALC-CWS, ALW-Texas, wild card-Detroit
Boston over Det and CWS over Tex ALDS
Boston over CWS ALCS

NL East-Phi, NLC-Milwaukee, NLW-COL, wild card-Cincy
Philly over Cincy, Milwaukee over Colorado NLDS
Milwaukee over Philly NLCS

Boston over Milwaukee

AL Cy: Max Scherzer
AL Roy: Kila Ka'Aihue

NL MVP: Carlos Gonzalez
NL CY: Roy Halladay

More importantly, I pick my college team, which I coach and play for, to win our conference, thereby convincing the administration to build us a new field and pick up our program as varsity! (NECBA, club baseball)

Opening day game of the day: Brewers (Gallardo) vs. Reds (Volquez), 10pm Russian time!
Can't wait to get back to my beloved 5th row seats at Citi Field!

My boys don't start until tomorrow, but yes, easily my favorite secular day of the year! I can't believe its finally here!
Interesting picks. Its nice to see a Rockie get some recognition even from the Espn guys.
So I'm thinking, you're a Mets fan by proximity/location and a Sox fan by choice; or what?

Just to entertain; here are my picks:
AL East-Boston
ALC-Twins
ALW-Texas,
Wild card- I wanna say the A's, but will probably be White Sox or Detroit
Boston over Twins in ALCS

NL East-Braves
NLC- Reds
NLW-Rockies
Wild card- Giants
Rockies over Braves in NLCS

Rockies over Boston for WS

AL Cy: Jon Lester
AL Roy: Jeremy Hellickson

NL MVP: Troy Tulowitzki
NL CY: Ubaldo/Roy Halladay

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1612 on: March 31, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »

Just saw this commercial on ESPN...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 03:24:05 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #1613 on: March 31, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »

I grew up in Brooklyn and Boston.

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1614 on: March 31, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »

That's an interesting combination.

That's like saying I've lived with both the Montugets and the Capulets.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1615 on: March 31, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

That's an interesting combination.

It is an interesting combo. I'm just glad you're not a yankees fan.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #1616 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »

Life long Mets fan here! I was born in Queens. I stopped watching all the games about 2 years ago...I hope to get back into it because I love baseball.

(And I married a Red Sox fan. What are the odds? We hate the Yanks together. Ah, true love.  Cheesy)

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1617 on: March 31, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »

Put wrestling in there, if you are good enough.

And as far as I can tell, a cricket match can last up to five seasons.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1618 on: March 31, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »

Montague...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1619 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »

Montague...

Embarrassed

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: