OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 05:27:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 409125 times) Average Rating: 5
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1530 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:18 AM »

Oregon had it's chances, after they tied it I thought the momentum had really shifted, now if they had made a good body slam tackle on that RB, who knows...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1531 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »

I like the Ducks helmet, but there is a lack of their traditional green in the rest...

Guess them progressives have taken over...
Blame it on Nike.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1532 on: January 11, 2011, 02:51:09 AM »

What can I say? Even though they came up a FG short, I couldn't be prouder of the Ducks right now. Grin They represented the state of Oregon and the Pac-10 very well on the nation's biggest stage. The way their defense battled in the second half to make stops and keep Auburn from pulling away while their own offense struggled to find any rhythm kept Thomas, James, and Co. always within striking distance. The way the Duck D made the break their O needed to have a chance to tie the game by stripping Newton of the ball at midfield, and the way the offense capitalized by scoring the TD and 2-pt conversion that finished the job... And even though Dyer's big run on Auburn's game winning drive was a back breaker for the Ducks and gave the officials a chance to blow the game with a bad call, they did not. The video replay showed very clearly that the officials made the right call by ruling that Dyer's knee never hit the ground. (They also made the right call by overturning what would have been the game winning TD, but that proved to be a moot point, since Auburn was still in prime position to win the game with a chip shot FG.)

All in all, a very exciting game that finished the way we would like all national championship games to finish. Too bad someone had to lose Cry, but that's the nature of sports. The good news is that Darron Thomas and LaMichael James have both promised to return for their junior season next year, so we may have a chance to see the Duck offense become even better.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1533 on: January 11, 2011, 02:54:33 AM »

Now for my big complaint about the game. Watching the game at a sports bar on my way home from work, I expected to be able to buy a beer. The bar didn't have the beer I wanted at the start, never delivered the beer I ordered before the game started, and even ran out of it by halftime. Looks like I'll be watching the Super Bowl somewhere else this year. [SIGH] Sad
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1534 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:26 AM »

Now for my big complaint about the game. Watching the game at a sports bar on my way home from work, I expected to be able to buy a beer. The bar didn't have the beer I wanted at the start, never delivered the beer I ordered before the game started, and even ran out of it by halftime. Looks like I'll be watching the Super Bowl somewhere else this year. [SIGH] Sad

That's just WRONG!  Sad

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1535 on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:24 AM »

I can sympathise, but fwiw, I've heard that if you buy the booze yourself and sit at home in front of the TV in your living room, the service isn't half bad.

"Woman! Get me another beer! I certainly didn't marry you for your looks or cooking skills, so you better start stepping up the service 'round here!"

Tongue

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1536 on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:36 AM »

What can I say? Even though they came up a FG short, I couldn't be prouder of the Ducks right now. Grin They represented the state of Oregon and the Pac-10 very well on the nation's biggest stage. The way their defense battled in the second half to make stops and keep Auburn from pulling away while their own offense struggled to find any rhythm kept Thomas, James, and Co. always within striking distance. The way the Duck D made the break their O needed to have a chance to tie the game by stripping Newton of the ball at midfield, and the way the offense capitalized by scoring the TD and 2-pt conversion that finished the job... And even though Dyer's big run on Auburn's game winning drive was a back breaker for the Ducks and gave the officials a chance to blow the game with a bad call, they did not. The video replay showed very clearly that the officials made the right call by ruling that Dyer's knee never hit the ground. (They also made the right call by overturning what would have been the game winning TD, but that proved to be a moot point, since Auburn was still in prime position to win the game with a chip shot FG.)

All in all, a very exciting game that finished the way we would like all national championship games to finish. Too bad someone had to lose Cry, but that's the nature of sports. The good news is that Darron Thomas and LaMichael James have both promised to return for their junior season next year, so we may have a chance to see the Duck offense become even better.

I agree that the refs got those last two calls right, but they robbed Oregon of a spectacular interception in the first half. The Aubbies scored a TD after that. So, it is very possible that a blown call contributed to Oregon's loss.

But I agree 100% Peter: Oregon has nothing to be ashamed of. Your questionable defense held the Aubbies to less points than my vaunted BAMA defense did. That says a lot! I was amazed at how Oregon converted huge first downs late in the game when the pressure was on. That team played with the confidence and poise of their coach.

It was also very clear which team was the classiest. I applaud Oregon for keeping their composure with all the cheap shots they were receiving all night long. Let's also remember that Oregon was playing in front of a crowd that was 70% Barner fans.

I still would have let Auburn score with 2 minutes left. That was their only chance at that point. You don't see it happen very often, and in the heat of the battle it's tough to think about such things. But I think it would have been an effective strategy.

But hey Peter, you are right to be proud. Your Ducks played an awesome game and made it exciting to watch. With Chip Kelly there, you should be good for quite a while.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1537 on: January 11, 2011, 03:35:26 AM »

I can sympathise, but fwiw, I've heard that if you buy the booze yourself and sit at home in front of the TV in your living room, the service isn't half bad.

"Woman! Get me another beer! I certainly didn't marry you for your looks or cooking skills, so you better start stepping up the service 'round here!"

Tongue

LOL! Grin  I was enjoying some Dead Guy Ale in honor of our brother Peter and his Ducks, but I can assure you that my wife was not bringing it to me!

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1538 on: January 11, 2011, 03:51:23 AM »

I agree that the refs got those last two calls right, but they robbed Oregon of a spectacular interception in the first half. The Aubbies scored a TD after that. So, it is very possible that a blown call contributed to Oregon's loss.

But I agree 100% Peter: Oregon has nothing to be ashamed of. Your questionable defense held the Aubbies to less points than my vaunted BAMA defense did. That says a lot! I was amazed at how Oregon converted huge first downs late in the game when the pressure was on. That team played with the confidence and poise of their coach.

It was also very clear which team was the classiest. I applaud Oregon for keeping their composure with all the cheap shots they were receiving all night long. Let's also remember that Oregon was playing in front of a crowd that was 70% Barner fans.

I still would have let Auburn score with 2 minutes left. That was their only chance at that point. You don't see it happen very often, and in the heat of the battle it's tough to think about such things. But I think it would have been an effective strategy.

But hey Peter, you are right to be proud. Your Ducks played an awesome game and made it exciting to watch. With Chip Kelly there, you should be good for quite a while.

Selam

Once again, Coach Kelly had the chutzpah to have his QB throw a bomb from his own end zone when he really didn't need to, to run a fake punt from his own end of the field, and to have the holder and kicker run an option play off a fake kick to score a 2-pt conversion. All three plays worked. It's not very often you see a place kicker serve as the pitch back on an option run, but it sure is fun to watch. Grin

It's risky play calling like this that make Chip Kelly such a good coach for our team.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:54:22 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1539 on: January 11, 2011, 04:02:44 AM »

Yep, those were some sweet plays. That punter made a beautiful play on he fake punt. He looked like a QB, putting just the right touch on that pass as he was about to get leveled. Very nice!

Selam

Selam

Once again, Coach Kelly had the chutzpah to have his QB throw a bomb from his own end zone when he really didn't need to, to run a fake punt from his own end of the field, and to have the holder and kicker run an option play off a fake kick to score a 2-pt conversion. All three plays worked. It's not very often you see a place kicker serve as the pitch back on an option run, but it sure is fun to watch. Grin

It's risky play calling like this that make Chip Kelly such a good coach for our team.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1540 on: January 11, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »

Yeah, I heard a state championship game a couple years ago where something like that situation came up. The winning team decided to go for an unnecessary TD on a QB sneak within the game's final minute to put themselves up by two TD's. However, with the other team out of timeouts and thus unable to stop the clock without possession of the ball, the winners could have just run out the clock and started celebrating their 6-point win. Instead, they gave their opponent the window, minuscule as it was, to score a quick TD, recover the onside kick, and score another quick TD to tie the game or take the lead--a not impossible feat since the other team ran a quick-strike spread offense that boasted the state's best QB and three of the state's best receivers. Not only that, the winners also drew from many the charge that they were trying to run up the score and, since it was the coach's son who scored on the QB sneak, the coach had many wondering if he was trying to sneak in an unnecessary attempt to bring some personal glory to his family.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:20:04 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1541 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:28 AM »

It looks like Les Miles may be headed to Michigan. If I'm LSU, I give Chip Kelly a call right away. If Miles does go, I sure hope the Cajuns don't go after Kelly. I also think it would be cool if Chip Kelly stayed and developed a consistently good program out in Eugene. I like Oregon and I think it's good for college football to have them do well. Kelly seems like a perfect fit out there, and I hope he stays put much like Chris Peterson has at Boise State.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1542 on: January 11, 2011, 04:23:01 AM »

It looks like Les Miles may be headed to Michigan. If I'm LSU, I give Chip Kelly a call right away. If Miles does go, I sure hope the Cajuns don't go after Kelly. I also think it would be cool if Chip Kelly stayed and developed a consistently good program out in Eugene. I like Oregon and I think it's good for college football to have them do well. Kelly seems like a perfect fit out there, and I hope he stays put much like Chris Peterson has at Boise State.

Selam
The word I've heard is that Kelly considers himself a loyalty guy, so I find it quite likely that if he is offered enticing opportunities to coach somewhere else, he will most likely do as Petersen has and stay put.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1543 on: January 11, 2011, 02:30:34 PM »

A sports bar out of beer ! That's unacceptable, UN American, heretical...report them...

Pete, where did this travesty happen ?

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1544 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »

Apparently Miles is staying at LSU (Link)

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1545 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:02 AM »

A sports bar out of beer ! That's unacceptable, UN American, heretical...report them...

Pete, where did this travesty happen ?
1.  I'm not going to say where this happened since I don't want you guys forming a lynch mob to torch the place. (Not that you would.) Wink
2.  My name is not Pete. I know you mean well, but I just don't like the nickname "Pete".
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1546 on: January 12, 2011, 03:53:34 AM »

The video replay showed very clearly that the officials made the right call by ruling that Dyer's knee never hit the ground.
Interesting... This video shows a different take on Dyer's controversial run. http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/bcs_national_championship_was.html

A comparison of Dyer's run with an eerily similar run in this year's Sugar Bowl. On both runs, the runner's wrist clearly hit the ground. In the Sugar Bowl, the wrist was ruled as separate from the hand and the runner was therefore ruled down. In the BCS title game, either the officials didn't see that Dyer's wrist had made contact with the ground or they did and judged the wrist to be part of the hand and ruled Dyer still up and eligible to continue running the ball. The same scenario in two different games interpreted differently by two different officiating staffs. Spooky!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1547 on: January 12, 2011, 04:29:41 AM »

The video replay showed very clearly that the officials made the right call by ruling that Dyer's knee never hit the ground.
On both runs, the runner's wrist clearly hit the ground.

Maybe. In one situation a certain part of the wrist is said to have hit (top of the arm, or the wrist extensors), and in the other situation a completely different part of the wrist was said to hit (bottom of the arm, or wrist flexors). To some extent it's comparing apples and oranges, IMO, and a somewhat subjective judgment either way.

EDIT--Maybe I'm wrong, lol. As I look at it again I see that both sides (on different arms) hit. At first I only saw the second "wrist" hitting. Huh. Ok, nevermind!  angel
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:39:06 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1548 on: January 12, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »

They need to change the rule. He was clearly "tackled" by any standard definition of the term. I would suggest that if a player is tackled and lands on top of the tackler who is lying on the ground, then the tackler should be considered part of the ground. The Oregon defender made a great tackle, but the flukey rule allowed Auburn to essentially seal the game. The refs did get the call right, but I think this rule should be re-evaluated.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1549 on: January 12, 2011, 04:57:54 AM »

I am shocked that Les Miles isn't the new head coach at Michigan. Last I heard, he was ready to accept the job if offered. Did Michigan offer him the job or not? LSU fans have a better coach than they realize. They should be breathing a huge sigh of relief today.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1550 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:54 AM »

Is it just me, or did Urban Meyer have a bit of a condescending tone towards Nick Saban last night? Just asking.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1551 on: January 12, 2011, 10:23:01 AM »

They need to change the rule. He was clearly "tackled" by any standard definition of the term. I would suggest that if a player is tackled and lands on top of the tackler who is lying on the ground, then the tackler should be considered part of the ground. The Oregon defender made a great tackle, but the flukey rule allowed Auburn to essentially seal the game. The refs did get the call right, but I think this rule should be re-evaluated.

Selam
I don't agree with you. You can be a nitpick and clearly define every rule in the game and give a detailed definition of whether the wrist counts as the arm or the hand if you want, but then where would you stop? Even then, you can never eliminate the human judgment aspect from officiating. The Ducks were the victim of a borderline judgment call that could have easily gone the other direction and still been the right call. We just have to live with that.

And no, Dyer was NOT clearly "tackled" even by any standard definition of the term. By the rules of the game, which is really what matters, the Oregon defender did not bring Dyer down, so no it was NOT a great tackle.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:27:57 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1552 on: January 12, 2011, 10:35:42 AM »

Selam
I don't agree with you. You can be a nitpick and clearly define every rule in the game and give a detailed definition of whether the wrist counts as the arm or the hand if you want, but then where would you stop? Even then, you can never eliminate the human judgment aspect from officiating. The Ducks were the victim of a borderline judgment call that could have easily gone the other direction and still been the right call. We just have to live with that.

And no, Dyer was NOT clearly "tackled" even by any standard definition of the term. By the rules of the game, which is really what matters, the Oregon defender did not bring Dyer down, so no it was NOT a great tackle.

As I said, I agree that the refs called it right. I just think the rule should be changed. Human judgement will always be a factor, but it is easier to judge a "tackle" than it is to judge whether the wrist, the elbow, the back of the hand, etc. is touching the ground. But that's just my opinion.

I applaud your objectivity regarding the call though. BTW, what did you think about the inerception that wasn't given to the Ducks in the first half? I think it was a good INT.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1553 on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »

Selam

As I said, I agree that the refs called it right. I just think the rule should be changed. Human judgement will always be a factor, but it is easier to judge a "tackle" than it is to judge whether the wrist, the elbow, the back of the hand, etc. is touching the ground. But that's just my opinion.

I applaud your objectivity regarding the call though. BTW, what did you think about the inerception that wasn't given to the Ducks in the first half? I think it was a good INT.

Selam

I don't know. It wasn't very clear to me that he had attained and maintained complete control of the ball as he was rolling out of bounds, so I will have to grant the officials the benefit of the doubt on this.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1554 on: January 15, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »

Very outdated, but that's ok, I'm sure they'll be making a new one in a week or two...  Grin Grin Grin

Insufferable Steelers Fan,

Justin

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1555 on: January 16, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »

Why do NFL announcers do their jobs in booths open to the elements? I mean, seriously? What is this, 1954? Even baseball parks have booths in which windows can be installed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:52:28 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1556 on: January 16, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »

Very outdated, but that's ok, I'm sure they'll be making a new one in a week or two...  Grin Grin Grin

Insufferable Steelers Fan,

Justin
Here's a vid to make you insuffereable Steeler fans suffer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8ABHcq8g4 laugh

BTW, it looks like the great Lake Michigan rivalry is coming back for a third go-round this year in the NFC Championship Game.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:18:57 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1557 on: January 16, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »

Brady is choking big time. He is danger of losing his 3rd straight playoff game. He was favored in all three games, two of the three he was heavy favorites, none of the three playoff games were on the road.

His happy feet bring back Bledsoe memories. He can't find the hot receiver against the blitz. His pick was as ugly as possible

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1558 on: January 16, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »

Pats came out flatter and tighter than a pancake, and then submerged under the frying pan. What a weak effort. Unbelievable. Believed those last two blow-outs against teams with no future were indicative of Pat's superiority. No hunger.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1559 on: January 16, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »

Pats came out flatter and tighter than a pancake, and then submerged under the frying pan. What a weak effort. Unbelievable. Believed those last two blow-outs against teams with no future were indicative of Pat's superiority. No hunger.
The Jets' trash talking got to them. Grin
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1560 on: January 17, 2011, 12:51:49 AM »

The Pats played as flat as a ... pine board, no defense or offense, I would like to see the Packers & Steelers in that huge Texas coliseum...

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1561 on: January 17, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »

Why NFL Star Troy Polamalu Abstains From Sex 40 Days at a Time

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-nfl-star-troy-polamalu-abstains-from-sex-40-days-at-a-time/

http://tinyurl.com/4pubrhe

Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1562 on: January 17, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »

Greeks and Russians fast differently?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Cymbyz
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #1563 on: January 17, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »

There are minor differences between Greeks and Slavs as to what is allowed on the weekdays of the Nativity and Apostles' Fasts.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1564 on: January 20, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »

Those Broad Street Bullies are back...6-2 over Ottawa, old school hockey  Wink

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1565 on: January 23, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »

Steelers = ball control

First drive in the 2011 AFC Championship Game: 66 yards and a TD on 15 plays that burned a total of more than 9 minutes off the clock.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1566 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »

OUCH! Shocked Little more than a minute to go in the first half, and the Jets have yet to gain over 20 yards total offense! Looks like the Steel Curtain is back.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1567 on: January 23, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »

♫ Here we go! Steelers! Here we go! Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl! ♫

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1568 on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »

♫ Here we go! Steelers! Here we go! Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl! ♫
Yup. That 24-0 lead they took in the second quarter proved to be just a tad too big for them pesky Jets to overcome.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:06:12 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1569 on: January 23, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »

WOW I NEED AN OXYGEN TANK AFTER THAT GAME. Why do Steelers game always have to come down to the wire? I hate it!

Oh well SB CHAMPS BABY!!!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1570 on: January 23, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »

WOW I NEED AN OXYGEN TANK AFTER THAT GAME. Why do Steelers game always have to come down to the wire? I hate it!

Maybe that's because they're more comfortable going into the final 2-minute warning with a 5-point lead than with a 25-point lead.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1571 on: January 23, 2011, 11:15:27 PM »

Maybe that's because they're more comfortable going into the final 2-minute warning with a 5-point lead than with a 25-point lead.

We don't like blowing teams out. We're humble like that!  Tongue Cheesy Tongue

coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #1572 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:55 PM »

Super Bowl should be a great one.  Getting a ticket to the game is going to be tough with the loyality of both teams' fan base.  Don't hate the Steelers, but I am hoping this guy makes Big Ben's life a living hell come the 6th of Feb:

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1573 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »

Gee, a man from Troy, U.S.C

Should be a good game...

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #1574 on: January 24, 2011, 03:49:57 AM »

Gee, a man from Troy, U.S.C
And brother of a Duck.

Green Bay Packers #52 Clay Matthews

Oregon Duck LB Casey Matthews

brothers
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: