OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 08:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 349597 times) Average Rating: 5
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1080 on: February 28, 2010, 04:55:32 PM »

What's up with Curling being an Olympic sport?  What's up with Curling, period?  A bunch of Scottish Presbyterians doing anything they can to avoid having sex, which of course leads to dancing.  Seems the Olympic governing board scraped the bottom of the "sports" barrel.  What's next;  Hopscotch?  Jump Rope?   

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1081 on: February 28, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »

What's up with Curling being an Olympic sport?  What's up with Curling, period?  A bunch of Scottish Presbyterians doing anything they can to avoid having sex, which of course leads to dancing.  Seems the Olympic governing board scraped the bottom of the "sports" barrel.  What's next;  Hopscotch?  Jump Rope?   

Shuffleboard for yankees.

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1082 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »

It seems like more of a sport than some of the sledding ones.  Tongue

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1083 on: February 28, 2010, 06:45:03 PM »

Team USA pulls their goalie and scores with less than 0:30 left to force OT!
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1084 on: February 28, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »

Looks as if Sidney Crosby just scored for Canada with about 12:00 left in OT to win the gold.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:55:33 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1085 on: February 28, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »

I am not a hockey fan, but that was really exciting. Kudos for the good sportsmanship that all displayed.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #1086 on: February 28, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »

To Ukie and all our other Canadian friends,

Congrats on the great Olympics, the record number of medals that Canadian athletes won, and especially on the victory over the US in ice hockey.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1087 on: March 01, 2010, 12:59:35 AM »

Shuffleboard for yankees.

Selam
You done said it now, boy!  Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1088 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »

Curling is alot harder than you think...

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1089 on: March 01, 2010, 01:25:06 AM »

So's jumping rope.  But an Olympic sport it ain't.  Smiley

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1090 on: March 01, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »

Haha. You are trying to compare jump rope to curling?? Seriously??

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1091 on: March 01, 2010, 02:07:02 AM »

Golly, no!  Jumping rope is hard.  Wink

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1092 on: March 01, 2010, 02:10:44 AM »

Golly, no!  Jumping rope is hard.  Wink
Here's something to try someday:  jumping rope on ice. Tongue
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1093 on: March 01, 2010, 02:19:23 AM »

What's up with Curling being an Olympic sport?  What's up with Curling, period?  A bunch of Scottish Presbyterians doing anything they can to avoid having sex, which of course leads to dancing.  Seems the Olympic governing board scraped the bottom of the "sports" barrel.  What's next;  Hopscotch?  Jump Rope?  

So's jumping rope.  But an Olympic sport it ain't.  Smiley

Golly, no!  Jumping rope is hard.  Wink

I'm going to assume you have never actually curled.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:19:46 AM by Ukiemeister » Logged

GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1094 on: March 01, 2010, 02:40:01 AM »

What's up with Curling being an Olympic sport?  What's up with Curling, period?  A bunch of Scottish Presbyterians doing anything they can to avoid having sex, which of course leads to dancing.  Seems the Olympic governing board scraped the bottom of the "sports" barrel.  What's next;  Hopscotch?  Jump Rope?  

So's jumping rope.  But an Olympic sport it ain't.  Smiley

Golly, no!  Jumping rope is hard.  Wink

I'm going to assume you have never actually curled.
Slid a rock across a frozen pond while some flunky sweeps debris outta the way with a broom he stole from his mamma?  No, but who cares.  To try and rank it with skiing, running, gymnastics or swimming is as goofy as all get-out.  But if Curling's your thang, then curl away my man.  Just don't tell me Curlers train as hard as Michael Phelps or Nadia Comaneci.  Smiley

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1095 on: March 01, 2010, 02:44:12 AM »

I can never tell what kind of footwear they have. Are they on some kind of skates, or special curling shoes?

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1096 on: March 01, 2010, 04:34:06 AM »

Just don't tell me Curlers train as hard as Michael Phelps or Nadia Comaneci.  Smiley

Just as hard, if not harder.

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1097 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:32 AM »

I can never tell what kind of footwear they have. Are they on some kind of skates, or special curling shoes?

Selam

One shoe is similar to a normal street shoe, the other is a specially designed "slider."

genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1098 on: March 01, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

Ukiemeister, I'm definitely with you about curling. Curling is an easy game to learn and can be enjoyed by players of all ages, unlike other sports. However, to master it and reach world class/ Olympic calibre, one must develop the same skill, strength, and stamina (how's that for alliteration  Cheesy ) as other athletes. It's also played by more Canadians than any other organized sport, especially on the prairies.
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #1099 on: March 01, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »

To Ukie and all our other Canadian friends,

Congrats on the great Olympics, the record number of medals that Canadian athletes won, and especially on the victory over the US in ice hockey.

Thanks!  Smiley Congratulations to the US for winning the most medals overall and for pushing Canada to the edge in hockey.  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:53:20 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #1100 on: March 01, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »

One shoe is similar to a normal street shoe, the other is a specially designed "slider."
If I remember correctly, the bottom of the one is coated in Teflon.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
ms.hoorah
High Elder

« Reply #1101 on: March 10, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

Jeff Clement, long regarded as one of baseball’s top catching prahspeks, has been moved aht of this position by da Picksburg
Pa-ritz.  Soon da 17-season-losin Pa-ritz will put him in da Spring sale, n’at.  If yinzes teams are interested in him or anything else dat might be valualbe to da Pa-ritz, keep yinzes eyes open fer da Pa-ritz Annual Graaj Sale.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #1102 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »

Don't forget Andrew McCutchen. We can't be letting potential star players stick around, it'll get people dreaming of winning teams, something we know the Pirates will never be again.  Angry   Cry

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1103 on: March 23, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »

I notice that the NFL owners voted 28-4 to adopt a new rule for playoff game overtimes.  Instead of awarding the win to the first team that scores in the overtime, the team that loses the coin toss will be allowed to claim possession of the football and drive for their own score if the team that wins the coin toss scores a FG on their first possession in overtime.  If the second team answers with a game-tying FG of their own, the rest of the overtime will be sudden death.  With the exception of this one modification, I believe the overtime will still be sudden death.  The rule has thus far been approved only for the NFL playoffs and will therefore have no effect on regular season games.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

« Reply #1104 on: April 12, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »

What the heck? I'm seeing a report that the Steelers have traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th round draft pick.  Huh I realise that his recent legal issues aren't the first time he has been in trouble, but really...? A solid #2 receiver (#1 on some teams) for a 5th round pick?

Link

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1105 on: April 12, 2010, 02:17:14 AM »

Congrats to Phil Mickelson! Green jacket #3. It's nice to see a good, honest, family man come out on top. And with all that his family has been through with his wife battling cancer, he deserved this win!

OK, now a bit about Tiger. I've never liked the guy. Always thought he was a phony. In fact, all these "shocking" revelations about his personal life have at least revealed he's human. And often times I can relate to a person who sins; for that's me, a sinner. But I haven't seen any change in the guy. I mean, he's supposesd to be "in recovery" and he's out there playing golf only a few months later! It's still all about him. He has to be the center of attention. Don't see how that's helping him with his recovery.

Look, I'm usually the guy getting bashed for defending famous people who have "bahaved badly," but at least they are genuine and real. This guy still seems to be only concerned about marketing and image. I predict that he'll go into politics one day. He acts just like these politricksters do.

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system.

Selam
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:17:49 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1106 on: April 12, 2010, 03:01:21 AM »

Congrats to Phil Mickelson! Green jacket #3. It's nice to see a good, honest, family man come out on top. And with all that his family has been through with his wife battling cancer, he deserved this win!

OK, now a bit about Tiger. I've never liked the guy. Always thought he was a phony. In fact, all these "shocking" revelations about his personal life have at least revealed he's human. And often times I can relate to a person who sins; for that's me, a sinner. But I haven't seen any change in the guy. I mean, he's supposesd to be "in recovery" and he's out there playing golf only a few months later! It's still all about him. He has to be the center of attention. Don't see how that's helping him with his recovery.

Look, I'm usually the guy getting bashed for defending famous people who have "bahaved badly," but at least they are genuine and real. This guy still seems to be only concerned about marketing and image. I predict that he'll go into politics one day. He acts just like these politricksters do.

Selam
Yes, you did. Roll Eyes  Admit that you don't like the guy just because you don't like the guy, and we'll be even.  No need to pontificate about things of which you know very little.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1107 on: April 12, 2010, 03:31:56 AM »

Selam
Yes, you did. Roll Eyes  Admit that you don't like the guy just because you don't like the guy, and we'll be even.  No need to pontificate about things of which you know very little.

Ummm, Peter, I always give reasons for why I have the opinions I have. For you to say that I don't like Tiger Woods "just because I don't like him" is to call me prejudiced (i.e. making superficial judgments about someone without cause.) I have given my reasons for why I am not a Tiger Woods fan, and no one has to agree with me. You can worship him if you want to, but please don't accuse me of being prejudiced.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1108 on: April 12, 2010, 04:26:43 AM »

Selam
Yes, you did. Roll Eyes  Admit that you don't like the guy just because you don't like the guy, and we'll be even.  No need to pontificate about things of which you know very little.

Ummm, Peter, I always give reasons for why I have the opinions I have. For you to say that I don't like Tiger Woods "just because I don't like him" is to call me prejudiced (i.e. making superficial judgments about someone without cause.)
No, it is not.

I have given my reasons for why I am not a Tiger Woods fan, and no one has to agree with me.
But I will say that your reasons, as articulate as they are, still show you to be prejudiced in that you rail against him without giving him sufficient chance to show if he has really repented.  IOW, you appear to have made the superficial judgment that he has not repented without any cause to believe that this is true.  What does it matter that he is playing golf again so soon after he submitted himself to treatment?  Isn't it rather superficial to conclude from this that all he wants is attention?  Do you really know his personal life well enough to state in such a way that his "quick" return to golf is evidence that he has not changed?

You can worship him if you want to,
I don't.  To be honest, I really don't care all that much about him or his private life.  I just wish people would leave him alone.  What good do you hope to accomplish by continuing to lambaste him as you just did?

but please don't accuse me of being prejudiced.
Prejudiced is what prejudiced does, and what you posted here regarding Tiger Woods strikes me as rather prejudiced.  Your mind is made up, and nothing is going to convince you to change it.  To me, that is the epitome of prejudice.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:27:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1109 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:46 AM »

Selam
Yes, you did. Roll Eyes  Admit that you don't like the guy just because you don't like the guy, and we'll be even.  No need to pontificate about things of which you know very little.

Ummm, Peter, I always give reasons for why I have the opinions I have. For you to say that I don't like Tiger Woods "just because I don't like him" is to call me prejudiced (i.e. making superficial judgments about someone without cause.)
No, it is not.

I have given my reasons for why I am not a Tiger Woods fan, and no one has to agree with me.
But I will say that your reasons, as articulate as they are, still show you to be prejudiced in that you rail against him without giving him sufficient chance to show if he has really repented.  IOW, you appear to have made the superficial judgment that he has not repented without any cause to believe that this is true.  What does it matter that he is playing golf again so soon after he submitted himself to treatment?  Isn't it rather superficial to conclude from this that all he wants is attention?  Do you really know his personal life well enough to state in such a way that his "quick" return to golf is evidence that he has not changed?

I don't.  To be honest, I really don't care all that much about him or his private life.  I just wish people would leave him alone.  What good do you hope to accomplish by continuing to lambaste him as you just did?

Prejudiced is what prejudiced does, and what you posted here regarding Tiger Woods strikes me as rather prejudiced.  Your mind is made up, and nothing is going to convince you to change it.  To me, that is the epitome of prejudice.

I made no comments about Tiger Woods' spiritual life. Repentance is between him and God. I simply commented that from my observation he has not changed as far as his public conduct. He is still throwing golf clubs, cursing, and making slickly produced commercials in which he exploits his own father by taking his words out of context for the purpose of marketing himself. I do not like this behavior, and that is not being prejudiced. And as far as being prejudiced, I think Tiger is the one with the problem in this area. (Have you noticed the one similarity about all the trollops in his harem?)

I was (and am) hoping that Tiger Woods will begin to demonstrate more humility and stop cultivating the spotlight. He is one of the most gifted athletes of all time, and I would like to root for him. But so far, he seems the same to me. There is much he can do to convince me to change my opinion of him. And, BTW, I'm not bothering him at all. I can assure you, he doesn't even know that I exist. So how exactly am I bothering him?

I don't hope to do any good by proffering my personal opinions about him, but since this is the sports thread I thought I would simply share my thoughts.

Selam
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:07:51 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1110 on: April 12, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »

Selam

No, it is not.

I made no comments about Tiger Woods' spiritual life. Repentance is between him and God.
But I didn't speak of repentance as being merely a spiritual thing. Wink

I simply commented that from my observation he has not changed as far as his public conduct. He is still throwing golf clubs, cursing, and making slickly produced commercials in which he exploits his own father by taking his words out of context for the purpose of marketing himself.
Did he continue to do this at the Masters this weekend?

I do not like this behavior, and that is not being prejudiced. And as far as being prejudiced, I think Tiger is the one with the problem in this area. (Have you noticed the one similarity about all the trollops in his harem?)
No, I didn't think it important enough to my life for me to care whom he sleeps with, especially considering that I'm not in any position to influence him to change.

I was (and am) hoping that Tiger Woods will begin to demonstrate more humility and stop cultivating the spotlight. He is one of the most gifted athletes of all time, and I would like to root for him. But so far, he seems the same to me. There is much he can do to convince me to change my opinion of him. And, BTW, I'm not bothering him at all. I can assure you, he doesn't even know that I exist. So how exactly am I bothering him?
He's certainly bothering you.  Why?  What business is it of yours to be concerned what a professional entertainer does with his life?  Can you do anything to influence him to live the life you would like him to live?

I don't hope to do any good by proffering my personal opinions about him, but since this is the sports thread I thought I would simply share my thoughts.
Yes, and I thought I would share mine.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:20:06 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

« Reply #1111 on: April 22, 2010, 04:21:49 AM »

Big Ben got suspended for 4-6 games. So... yeah. *shrugs*  Kiss

Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1112 on: April 22, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »

Shocking baseball video! Grin

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1113 on: April 22, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »

Big Ben got suspended for 4-6 games. So... yeah. *shrugs*  Kiss
I guess he won't be taking that midnight train to Georgia anytime soon.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1114 on: April 22, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

What was he doing in Milledgeville, GA? My parents are from Milledgeville, Ga! I visited my Grandmothers there all the time before they passed. There is nothing in Milledgeville, GA. I mean, it's a nice, quiet, small town (and I mean small), but it's the last place I would imagine a pro athlete wanting to go to find excitement and action. Wierd.

Selam

SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1115 on: April 22, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »

^ Big Ben has a house near Milledgeville.  There's also a college nearby.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1116 on: April 22, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

Is he from Georgia?

Georgia College is in Milledgeville, but it's pretty small. It certainly isn't known for being a "party school." And Atlanta is only two hours away, with much more to do. Still seems very odd to me.

Selam

SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1117 on: April 22, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »

Is he from Georgia?

Originally from Lima, Ohio.  Went to college at Dayton.

Georgia College is in Milledgeville, but it's pretty small. It certainly isn't known for being a "party school." And Atlanta is only two hours away, with much more to do. Still seems very odd to me.

I heard that other Steelers teammates have off-season homes nearby.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1118 on: April 22, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »

Is he from Georgia?

More mystery! Why did he choose a home in rural Georgia? Don't get me wrong, I'm from Atlanta, Georgia and I will always love it. But there ain't much aesthetic beauty in rural Georgia. Flat, hard scrabble land. I mean, of all the places to build a home in this country replete with beauty, why rural Georgia?

I could care less about this whole story, but I admit that I am very intrigued by the location of all this. I haven't been to Milledgeville in about 7 years, so maybe it's become a happening spot since then.

Selam

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1119 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »

Is he from Georgia?

He went to Miami U of Ohio in Oxford.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1120 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »

Is he from Georgia?

He went to Miami U of Ohio in Oxford.

Oops, I didn't pay attention to reading Big Ben's Wikipedia entry.   Shocked  Thank You for the correction, Father.   Embarrassed
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #1121 on: April 23, 2010, 12:38:08 AM »

Grant General (Class of 2005) DT Ndamukong Suh drafted No. 2 by the Detroit Lions.  May he do better than the last Portland kid drafted in the top 3 by the Lions.
coptic orthodox boy
Elder

« Reply #1122 on: April 23, 2010, 01:33:00 AM »

McNabb looking good in the burgundy and gold.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1123 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40:02 AM »

McNabb looking good in the burgundy and gold.

McNabb's soft. He's impervious to criticism because of Rush Limbaugh's comments. But he's soft.

Selam

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #1124 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »

Is he from Georgia?

More mystery! Why did he choose a home in rural Georgia? Don't get me wrong, I'm from Atlanta, Georgia and I will always love it. But there ain't much aesthetic beauty in rural Georgia. Flat, hard scrabble land. I mean, of all the places to build a home in this country replete with beauty, why rural Georgia?

I could care less about this whole story, but I admit that I am very intrigued by the location of all this. I haven't been to Milledgeville in about 7 years, so maybe it's become a happening spot since then.

Selam

I have to agree. Rural Georgia is the last place I'd expect to find a pro-athlete.

Big Ben has tons of football talent, but between riding a motorcycle without a helmet and now this incident, one does question his reasoning.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: