Author Topic: Re: Complaining about moderation  (Read 159 times)

Offline Sethrak

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Re: Complaining about moderation
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:37:28 PM »
Old quality posters ~ I've read some ~ good, very good ```

I love being with Christian brothers and sisters there are a good number here ~ to talk with ~ listen to ~ it feels good ```

When I came here a couple years back ~ I was welcome by members who PMed ~ good to see me here ~ advising that I come by as often as I like but post seldom ~ pointing to threads on which they were treated badly ~ and the "mods" ```

Well, I didn't take their advice ~ and I did run into an unequal application of the rules ~ there moderators here who are like Christian Saints ~ one moderator is the very Orthodox Christian I came here to be with ~ but the truth is that there are others ~ hand full that policed the forum in support of their personal political passion ~ they may be Christian but it is secondary to their politics ~ their intent was to silence, threaten and  punish ```

I like this forum and the people I get to be with ~ I've seen some driven away ~ for doing what is permitted by those of a persuasion that is advanced and condoned as acceptable to ~ well ~ left wing politics ```

God love the old posters ~ some are still here ~ aren't they ~ OC.NET is an Orthodox Christian site ~ it wasn't intended ~ to be a Very Liberal bastion where threads are legislated in the area of thought ```

This place ~ this one place ~ maybe the only ~ where Orthodox Christians can get together and be themselves with family ~ and family is here ~ those who have stopped posting still come by ~ they haven't stopped posting because others are allowed to post or forbidden ```

There are those who've posted on this very thread ~ that I really like, care for ~ and I would miss ~ if I or they left this place ```

This forum is a safe good place for Orthodox, all Orthodox where none should be bullied or others given glory we are all in this live together, for a very short time ~ I've seen sites die before ~ OC.NET is not falling, it will continue ~ we can help by letting everyone speak ~ hearing her side of the story ~ and telling ours ~ Eat the Bread and Salt ~ but Speak your piece ```

God love you sisters ~ God love you brothers ```

seth

Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
Re: Re: Complaining about moderation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:27:22 PM »

I love being with Christian brothers and sisters there are a good number here ~ to talk with ~ listen to ~ it feels good ```

When I came here a couple years back ~ I was welcome by members who PMed ~ good to see me here ~ advising that I come by as often as I like but post seldom ~ pointing to threads on which they were treated badly ~ and the "mods" ```

Well, I didn't take their advice ~ and I did run into an unequal application of the rules ~ there moderators here who are like Christian Saints ~ one moderator is the very Orthodox Christian I came here to be with ~ but the truth is that there are others ~ hand full that policed the forum in support of their personal political passion ~ they may be Christian but it is secondary to their politics ~ their intent was to silence, threaten and  punish ```

I like this forum and the people I get to be with ~ I've seen some driven away ~ for doing what is permitted by those of a persuasion that is advanced and condoned as acceptable to ~ well ~ left wing politics ```

God love the old posters ~ some are still here ~ aren't they ~ OC.NET is an Orthodox Christian site ~ it wasn't intended ~ to be a Very Liberal bastion where threads are legislated in the area of thought ```

This place ~ this one place ~ maybe the only ~ where Orthodox Christians can get together and be themselves with family ~ and family is here ~ those who have stopped posting still come by ~ they haven't stopped posting because others are allowed to post or forbidden ```

There are those who've posted on this very thread ~ that I really like, care for ~ and I would miss ~ if I or they left this place ```

This forum is a safe good place for Orthodox, all Orthodox where none should be bullied or others given glory we are all in this live together, for a very short time ~ I've seen sites die before ~ OC.NET is not falling, it will continue ~ we can help by letting everyone speak ~ hearing her side of the story ~ and telling ours ~ Eat the Bread and Salt ~ but Speak your piece ```

seth

+1

I just recently tried to start a thread about abortion, universalism, and divine judgment. One of the moderators (who shall remain nameless) removed my post and PM'd me basically chastising me because they subjectively felt that my post was not the most effective way to make my points. It is indeed a sad reality that some people in charge of this Orthodox forum are deliberately censoring certain Orthodox points of view.

But I know their game. And I'm here to stay.  ;)

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Sethrak

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:51:20 PM »
Greeting Brother ~ It is good to read you ~ we have some things in our youth in common that we exchanged stories about ~it's good to know you ```

It is sad the unnecessary micro managing ~ but ~ it is correctable ~ officious attention can simply stop and be forgiven ~ this is a great place
Christian working, talking, rubbing elbows here on this forum can be as it was intended ~ good you are here ~ good we are here ``` 

Christ first

seth

Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: Complaining about moderation
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »
A PSA from the moderating team to OC.net membership in general and you two fine gentlemen in particular:

Your presence and participation in this forum are not rights - they are privileges and need to be treated accordingly. If you abuse your privileges, the moderating team will smack them around until you take the hint and behave. The
Forum Rules are not optional guidelines. You agreed to comply with them upon registration and you will be called out on it when you don't.

The one topic that is not appropriate to discuss in any area of the forum is moderation. If you have grievances against a member of the moderating team, you can use the PM system and the
Chain of Command to make your case. Griping in open forum about how persecuted you are by the evil mods will only get you penalty points. Like the 30% that each of you have just incurred with this.

Thank you for travelling with OC.net. Mind how you go.

~Arachne, Section Moderator
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Hey, did you ever wanna hold a terryfold?
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 01:43:17 AM »

seth

+1

I just recently tried to start a thread about abortion, universalism, and divine judgment. One of the moderators (who shall remain nameless) removed my post and PM'd me basically chastising me because they subjectively felt that my post was not the most effective way to make my points. It is indeed a sad reality that some people in charge of this Orthodox forum are deliberately censoring certain Orthodox points of view.

But I know their game. And I'm here to stay.  ;)

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus,

As your thread was originally posted in Faith Issues, I will weigh in.

Your thread was removed from public view by another moderator and flagged for my review because you posted a video (depicting graphic images of aborted children) which you merely described as “deeply disturbing”.  Given the content, that is insufficient as a disclaimer; yet, you encouraged everyone to watch it.  Not everyone can handle watching such content, and people should be given enough information to make an informed decision.  You failed to do so.  That alone was enough reason to remove your thread, and I will not overrule the moderator’s decision to remove the thread.  It’s gone.  Do not try to post it again: it is inappropriate for Faith Issues.

Regarding the rest of your thread, I note that while you mentioned “abortion, universalism, and divine judgement” and described them as Faith Issues (presumably to establish their appropriateness for that section), you didn’t actually speak about them.  Instead, you posted what was essentially a blog entry.  May I take this opportunity to remind you and all members that THE FORUM IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL BLOG where you get to jot down your musings about whatever you want.  THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM.  If you’re not discussing something, but merely using this site as your personal journal, the moderators have the right to use their discretion and remove that material. 

If you wish to appeal such decisions, you may follow the appeals pathway described in the forum rules.  What you may not do is criticize moderation in public, especially but not limited to when it involves making insinuations about appeals conducted via PM.  You may depend on the general readership trusting in your description of those messages, but I don’t need to because they were shared with me and I read them all, and you are intentionally misrepresenting their content and spirit in order to make yourself look like some long-suffering confessor enduring persecution as well as encourage others to disregard moderators and do as they wish.

You are fortunate I did not get to this fast enough to warn you, or else it would’ve been more than 30%.  Consider yourself lucky and learn the lesson.  If not, it may be more than your threads that is moved out of sight.

Mor Ephrem
Moderator, Faith Issues

OCnet is KGB.
I hail Mor Ephrem as our Secretary General.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite