Author Topic: Hello OrthodoxChristianity.net Users!  (Read 81 times)

Online Jackson02

• Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner.
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church
Hello OrthodoxChristianity.net Users!
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:34:13 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so I should probably give you some background on my life! I was born into a biracial Jewish family (black and white) but growing up I didn't know much about God at all because I was never taught about him. Then one day when I was twelve my mom, started taking me to synagogue and soon enough it became a regular Saturday ritual. But my Judaism went away when I started reaserching that the modern form of Judaism wasn't the correct one. And soon enough, me and my mom were getting into fights. She would say (and still does say) such awful things such as "Jesus is a magician" and "Jesus is for the Idiots" though I wasn't going to let my mother put me down and I started researching Orthodoxy and I've never looked back ever since.  :)

P.S please Pray for her
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:44:13 AM by Jackson02 »
Pray for Amercia to Repent and come home to Orthodoxy!

Offline Porter ODoran

• Avid apokatastisist
  • Taxiarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: Hello OrthodoxChristiNity.net Users!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:37:07 AM »
Hey there, Jackson02! Welcome aboard! :)

I'll pray for you and your mother. It must be awfully complicated in some ways to convert.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are