OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 09:08:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good article  (Read 749 times) Average Rating: 0
rosborn

Searching for home

« on: January 22, 2007, 08:12:05 PM »

enjoy . . . .

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070121/NEWS05/701210640
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:25:22 PM »

A lot of articles like this have been appearing lately, detailing converts coming into Orthodoxy.  I wonder why that is?

Fenton's departure was a huge blow to the LCMS which, as a result, spawned a lot of vitriolic and personal attacks on him, his family and his character.  Many are still vocally displeased with his resignation and reception into the Orthodox Church. The thing is, his departure is probably just the tip of the iceberg especially in this Lutheran denomination which is dealing with a lot of tension between moderates and confessionals.  I think if things continue to go in the LCMS as they are now, more will follow, not just from the priestly ranks but also from the laity.  Whatever happens, I know Fr. Fenton will be a great priest of the Orthodox Church and a stalwart champion of Her teachings.

Scamandrius
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 08:26:50 PM by scamandrius » Logged

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: