Author Topic: Movie: The Gospel of John  (Read 670 times)

Offline newtoorthodoxy

• Elder
Movie: The Gospel of John
« on: October 19, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »
At the end of his podcast Teach Me Thy Statutes, episode Grace and Truth, Fr Early recommended this movie.  It's called The Gospel of John, which, fortunately, I found in its entirety on Youtube, and it's based on the Good News Bible translation.   

Has anyone else in here seen the movie?  If so, what did you think of it? 
Some of my questions might appear patently stupid to those well-versed in Orthodoxy, but I'm brand new, having no background in the faith.  Please grant me a great deal of patience and consideration as I learn the basics.

Offline alexpetros

• Go sábhála Dia Éire.
    • Musings of a Wandering Thinker (Blog)
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Re: Movie: The Gospel of John
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:08:36 AM »
I have never seen it, but every time I see of it I always think of Lost. (Jesus is played by the actor who played Desmond Hume in Lost).

Offline newtoorthodoxy

• Elder
Re: Movie: The Gospel of John
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:50:59 AM »
I watched it on youtube on the recommendation of Fr Early, and although I liked it, I'm not sure what to make of it.  Maybe it's a movie I have to see more than once, like Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
Some of my questions might appear patently stupid to those well-versed in Orthodoxy, but I'm brand new, having no background in the faith.  Please grant me a great deal of patience and consideration as I learn the basics.