Author Topic: My Fiancee's Mother  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
My Fiancee's Mother
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »
My fiancee's mother has been going through an extremely stressful time lately.  This, compounded with existing health concerns, has led to her being taken to the hospital with possible heart attack symptoms.  May you please say a prayer for my fiancee's mother, her family and friends, and the doctors/nurses caring over in this difficult time.
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
Re: My Fiancee's Mother
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »
My fiancee's mother has been going through an extremely stressful time lately.  This, compounded with existing health concerns, has led to her being taken to the hospital with possible heart attack symptoms.  May you please say a prayer for my fiancee's mother, her family and friends, and the doctors/nurses caring over in this difficult time.

Lord have mercy on Friul's future Mother-in-law and grant her strength and peace. Be with her family and grant wisdom to those concerned with her health care. 
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:01:11 PM »
Thank you.  She is at the hospital and appears better, but with our Health Care system up here, it is at least 6-7 hours of waiting before we can see if she can head home or if she is staying over for observation.  Test results have to be waited for too.
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:53:04 PM »
Thank you.  She is at the hospital and appears better, but with our Health Care system up here, it is at least 6-7 hours of waiting before we can see if she can head home or if she is staying over for observation.  Test results have to be waited for too.

May the Lord have mercy on her and your family!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Starlight

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »
May God help all your family. May God assist the medical personnel caring for your future mother-in-law.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 11:59:31 PM »

Glad to hear that she is looking better. The waiting at hospitals is always horrible. God grant you all peace.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 02:13:57 AM »
Thank you.  She is home but very weak.  They think it might have been a massive panic attack brought on by all the stress she is under, but with a history of heart problems and diabetes, the heart palpitations and chest pains were really troubling.  Now, the only thing is trying to keep Serbian housewife laying in bed and relaxing.  :P

Again, thank you all, it has meant a lot.  Hopefully things will calm down and her stress levels with decrease.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:21:54 AM »
Thank you.  She is home but very weak.  They think it might have been a massive panic attack brought on by all the stress she is under, but with a history of heart problems and diabetes, the heart palpitations and chest pains were really troubling.

I hope she can get some medical relief for that.

Now, the only thing is trying to keep Serbian housewife laying in bed and relaxing.  :P

Oh dear, she sounds like my Welsh mother! :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 02:23:06 AM by Riddikulus »

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:35:13 PM »
May the Lord be with your family at this stressful time!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus