OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 10:42:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volleyball Tournament This Weekend  (Read 674 times) Average Rating: 0
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« on: January 19, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »

Today is the first day of the 8th Annual Birmingham Volleyball Tournament, which will have over 200 youths and GOYA advisors attending. After all the volleyball games are finished on Saturday, in Sunday's Liturgy the crowning activity will be an ordination of a friend of mine to the priesthood.

Please pray that all the kids and their chaperones travel here and back to their homes safely; that all competition on the courts and in the side games and activities assists everyone in their spiritual growth; and also pray for the ministry of the man being ordained.

Finally, please say a quick prayer for me, who is likely to be frazzled this weekend coordinating all these activities with all these people in multiple locations throughout this city!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »

May the Lord bless everyone involved in the Volleyball Tournament, especially the man to be ordained!!  Lord have mercy on your servant Father Chris.  Help him to help others. Amen.
Juliana
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: