Author Topic: Woulds someone please explain to me how you quote part of a post .  (Read 950 times)

Offline Steve Dennehy

Please explain how to quote part of a post.  I hit "post quote" and blue line that part, but it doesn't work.  Obviously I'm not doing it right.

Steve (technologically challenged)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:38:37 PM by Steve Dennehy »

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
  • St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery
Re: Woulds someone please explain to me how you quote part of a post .
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:58 PM »
Please explain how to quote part of a post.  I hit "post quote" and blue line that part, but it doesn't work.  Obviously I'm not doing it right.

Steve (thechnologically challenged)

The manual way to do it is to type [quote ] at the beginning and [/quote ] at the end of the text you want set up as a quote, then just remove that last space in the bracket (I put those in so the board wouldn't read them as real quote tags).
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
Re: Woulds someone please explain to me how you quote part of a post .
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:43:09 PM »
Fwiw, I just manually insert the [QUOTE*] and [*/QUOTE] (astericks removed) and put the text between it. Same for url's, bold, etc. Once you get used to doing it, and get used to using the cut and paste (shift insert and shift delet) it's just as easy as any other typing. I think so anyway.