OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 08:01:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woulds someone please explain to me how you quote part of a post .  (Read 856 times) Average Rating: 0
Steve Dennehy

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: January 17, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »

Please explain how to quote part of a post.  I hit "post quote" and blue line that part, but it doesn't work.  Obviously I'm not doing it right.

Steve (technologically challenged)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:38:37 PM by Steve Dennehy » Logged
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:58 PM »

Please explain how to quote part of a post.  I hit "post quote" and blue line that part, but it doesn't work.  Obviously I'm not doing it right.

Steve (thechnologically challenged)

The manual way to do it is to type [quote ] at the beginning and [/quote ] at the end of the text you want set up as a quote, then just remove that last space in the bracket (I put those in so the board wouldn't read them as real quote tags).

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:43:09 PM »

Fwiw, I just manually insert the [QUOTE*] and [*/QUOTE] (astericks removed) and put the text between it. Same for url's, bold, etc. Once you get used to doing it, and get used to using the cut and paste (shift insert and shift delet) it's just as easy as any other typing. I think so anyway.

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: