OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 06:16:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune is better then iPod  (Read 755 times) Average Rating: 0
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« on: January 13, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »

Just thought I would share some thoughts on my new media player the Zune. This is Microsofts response to Apple's iPod and it has some really useful feature that had me choose the Zune over the iPod. The player features a large screen then the iPod but the case is about the same size as the iPod Video. It holds photos, video and music and is very user friendly. You can see the album cover when you play your music and you can also change your background image (I keep mine as a mosaic of the Archangel Michael I took in Greece). For $14.95 a month you can connect to the Zune Marketplace where you have unlimited downloads on most music in the library. It has a 30GB hardrive and that hold my 60+ hours of Byzantine Chant that I have in my library. One of the coolest features is the ability to share music wirelessly with other Zune players (that is why they say "Join the Social"). The player's firmware is upgradable so you don't have to buy a new player every 6 months to stay up to date.

Anyways just thought I would share with you all in case anyone is looking for a replacement or new media player or wanted a real person's feedback on it. You can check out more about it on their website http://www.zune.net/en-US/

Joseph
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:00:37 PM »

You can see the album cover when you play your music and you can also change your background image (I keep mine as a mosaic of the Archangel Michael I took in Greece).

These can be done with iPod as well. See below.

For $14.95 a month you can connect to the Zune Marketplace where you have unlimited downloads on most music in the library.

Unlimited downloads of low sound quality. Wake me up when a company is offering WAV or FLAC.

One of the coolest features is the ability to share music wirelessly with other Zune players (that is why they say "Join the Social").

Of course, Microsoft has put a number of DRM features into the player, so your friends will only get to listen to the shared music a limited number of times, and at an even lower sound quality.

The player's firmware is upgradable so you don't have to buy a new player every 6 months to stay up to date.

The iPod and most decent players have upgradable firmware. The first thing many cognoscenti do with a new iPod is put RockBox on it, open-source firmware that supports more file formats and a better themability than the default.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 05:00:54 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Tags: Zune 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: