OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 11:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement by the Sacred Community of the Holy Mountain Athos  (Read 28959 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2009, 03:25:51 PM »

Though, I'm puzzled why is that addressed to me, when in fact proves my point that Cleveland has second-thoughts to accept.
To refute your identification of H3O (hydronium) with heavy water (D2O).

I am embarrassed for the stupidity of this guy.
Yes, I have been called stupid before. Grin
Mickey
OC.net guru

Faith: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »

The connection is the injury of Cleveland's haughtiness.

A proud monk has no need of a devil; he has become a devil and enemy to himself.
St. John Climacus
orthodoxlurker
Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian - NOT a phanariote
Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate under siege

al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah

« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »

The connection is the injury of Cleveland's haughtiness.

A proud monk has no need of a devil; he has become a devil and enemy to himself.
St. John Climacus

You are absolutely right and you found a proper saying.

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »

Poor kid.

To whom are you referring? I assure you, if you are referring to me, then yes, I am poor (or about to be poor); and a child only in the spiritual sense, albeit not in the physical or mental one.

You could have checked the subject matter at least at wikipedia, and not in dictionaries. If they lectured chemistry to you from dictionaries, you might try to base your claim on fraud.

If they lectured chemistry to me at a nationally-recognized and acclaimed engineering school from a dictionary, I'd have more to base my claim on than fraud.  Sadly you are mistaken.  I just don't feel (mental state: psychology) the burning (combustion: both chemistry and physics) need (again, psychology) to drag out (motion: physics) my dusty books (ooo: physics and biology) to prove my point; call it the laziness of inertia (physics).

You know, for chemistry, ice and water are the same. They have the same formula = H20. They have the same chemical properties. It's written even in the dictionaries you quoted, but one needs to know to read it.

For chemistry, ice and water are both H2O generally speaking, but will interact differently with compounds depending on the conditions of the H2O.

Has GiC already became a new "Old Calendarist whose jurisdiction is more conservative even than ROCOR?"

Your wit, while charming, seems to have not generated any new humor.  You may want to expand your repertoire.

Your pose of self-confidence shows the tendency of crumbling when you are so alone, while the opponent seems growing huge, so you become so welcome for an outside support that you suddenly proclaim authoritative?

I didn't know you could tell my "pose" over the internet... But I will engage the point regardless.  1. I am self-confident, period.  Ask anyone who knows me from offline.  2. It doesn't crumble, whether I'm in the majority, minority, right, wrong, etc.  3. You don't seem huge - heck, the only thing that seems huge is the fact that you went an entire post to me without butchering the English language.  4. I don't need outside support, but intelligent discussion usually requires it, unless you want to keep dancing in circles around your flawed presumptions and ineffective presentation.

To avoid conflict of interest, because of the warning I gave for the ad hominem attack on PetertheAleut, I am going to cease my participation on this thread.  If anyone would like me to respond to a comment, please engage me via PM.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:11:11 PM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
orthodoxlurker
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »

For chemistry, ice and water are both H2O generally speaking, but will interact differently with compounds depending on the conditions of the H2O.

The above really does not need any comment.

Poor kid, they did cheat you.

To avoid conflict of interest, because of the warning I gave for the ad hominem attack on PetertheAleut, I am going to cease my participation on this thread.  If anyone would like me to respond to a comment, please engage me via PM.

I see.

In various forms of supportive "Old Calendarists whose jurisdiction is more conservative even than ROCOR", you picked one whose diagnose is apt to be interpreted as an attack.

On a second thought, you two are a nice pair.

You are being placed on post moderation for offensive and innapropriate posting, specifically, swearing, sexual references, ad hominems, and unprovoked false and offensive insinuations against posters.

If you wish to dispute this moderation, please pm Fr. Chris.

- Cleveland, Global Moderator
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:07:00 PM by cleveland » Logged

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
Mickey
OC.net guru

Faith: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »

heck, the only thing that seems huge is the fact that you went an entire post to me without butchering the English language. 

Would this be considered an ad hominem?
Should you perhaps give yourself a warning?
orthodoxlurker
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »

heck, the only thing that seems huge is the fact that you went an entire post to me without butchering the English language. 

Would this be considered an ad hominem?
Should you perhaps give yourself a warning?

Don't bother yourself, bro.

They showed their faces as ugly as they are.

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

orthodoxlurker gets the last word.

Thread closed.

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tags: Athos ecumenism Ecumenical Patriarchate Infallibility Greek Phanar Vatican False Apparitions roman catholic 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: