OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:30:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A request  (Read 1399 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: April 26, 2003, 08:09:45 PM »

At a secular forum I post at every now and then, they allow poster-submitted banners that they rotate weekly. I made one for them that celbrates Pascha and they put it up tonight.

So I was wondering if I could convince all of you to go to http://www.tvshowboards.com/community/ and post a message thanking them for running an Orthodox banner.

Thanks in advance. It could be a good way to evangelize if the posters there see gracious posts from a Church most know nothing about.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 08:23:42 PM »

At a secular forum I post at every now and then, they allow poster-submitted banners that they rotate weekly. I made one for them that celbrates Pascha and they put it up tonight.

So I was wondering if I could convince all of you to go to http://www.tvshowboards.com/community/ and post a message thanking them for running an Orthodox banner.

Thanks in advance. It could be a good way to evangelize if the posters there see gracious posts from a Church most know nothing about.

Nicholas, where should we post our message?

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 08:26:11 PM »

The first one could just post a message on that community board and everyone could then reply in kind. I imagine come questions might arise in the thread like who the people are in the icon and some might inquire why we celebrate this Sunday instead of last. If not, at least we will all be Orthodox Christians posting in thanks and that is a good thing in itself. Smiley

sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 08:38:38 PM »

Nicholas, I just posted over. Feel free to add something.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Nigula Qian Zishi
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 08:46:12 PM »

Thank you Mr. Smythe, I shall add some comments on Bright Monday as I have to cook, got to basket blessings, Nocturnes, Matins, Vespers, Divine Liturgy & Trapeza then back for Paschal Vespers and then a Paschal Dinner and somewhere inbetween I guess sleep. Have a Happy Pascha all and thanks for all the posts!

Nigula Qian Zishi
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 11:49:26 AM »

Christ is Risen!

http://www.tvshowboards.com/community/view.php?trd=030427154152

There was a board corruption so the entire thread had to be deleted, so could you all please repost your thanks to them for running the banner?

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: