OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 01:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new Protestant board for the Apologist types ;-)  (Read 10922 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: April 26, 2003, 07:55:04 PM »

Friends,

I found a new website called http://www.thechristianbbs.com

Maybe our apologist types would like to visit there and post in response to any false information.  Of course, they have the same problem as the "www.christianbbs" that they are the censoring type.

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 08:25:15 PM »

Good, more fun for all. :cwm9:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 08:12:04 PM by sinjinsmythe » Logged

Life is just one disappointment after another.
MartinIntlStud

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »

You mean they censor something if it sounds to Orthodox/Catholic?
Buzzard

Buzz:

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 11:04:44 PM »

Yep,
Just close the thread,
 Lips Sealed
Hard to have any sort of ongoing discussion,
Thats the reason I was invited here

God Bless Your Bible Studies;
Buzz:

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 08:45:07 PM »

I signed up over there but never did post much beyond an introduction. I heard from my friend Catholicious that they were shutting him down and deleting his posts. I figured if they would do that to him they would do it to me, so I decided not to waste my time there.

I think a more open and productive Protestant board might be crossandflame.com. Part of the declared premise of that site is openess to diversity of opinion. They probably won't censor anyone there who presents his views in a civil manner.

Cross+Flame has a different sort of crowd than the typical Evangelical site, however. My impression is that there are an awful lot of liberals there. They are difficult to argue with because they are making up their own "Christianity" as they go along, culling bits and pieces from non-Christian religions and from secular philosophy. Whatever they dislike about the Bible and historic Christianity they simply jettison.

At least Evangelicals believe in God.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 08:49:16 PM »

Did you happen to see the thread over there at C&F that discussed all the problems at TBWSNBN ?  Seems as if at least some of them are exiles from there after they got some of the same treatment from the regulars and staff/management.  They also said that the moderation has improved from what it used to be  Shocked
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 08:53:52 PM »

Oblio -

I haven't seen that yet. I'll check it out.

I was off the computer most of Friday, all of yesterday, and am now just back and firing the thing up. Had a great Pascha today! Just got back from Church and from the house of some Russian friends at about 8:00pm. Grin

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 09:05:14 PM »

Christ is Risen !

CBBS: Fudging Christianity

Glad you were able to make it to Pascha and had a place to stay afterward.  We got home ~4:30 AM tired but glowing Smiley
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 09:18:01 PM »

Oblio -

Yeah, we made it for Resurrection Matins last night and Divine Liturgy today. It was great!

I just checked out the link you posted. Interesting discussion. I knew that CBBS was also banning and censoring the liberals, and I wondered where they all went.

Now I know.

I disagree strongly with religious liberals, but I think they are less likely to censor our posts than the Fundies at CBBS were.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2003, 09:20:32 PM »

I was just over at the Cross and Flame website. I found some interesting threads over there that would not be over here. Anyway, they seem to be more open minded than the evangelicals. You guys should have some interesting conversations over there without the threat of getting banned.

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2003, 09:29:56 PM »

I was just over at the Cross and Flame website. I found some interesting threads over there that would not be over here. Anyway, they seem to be more open minded than the evangelicals. You guys should have some interesting conversations over there without the threat of getting banned.

Thanks, sinjin. I agree with you.

On the other hand, I am so burned out from my experience over at We-take-the-fun-out-of-Fundamentalism.com that for now I am satisfied just to hang out here among my brothers and sisters.

I may work my way back into debating a little at a time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 09:31:01 PM by Linus7 » Logged

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2003, 09:37:38 PM »

The scary part is that winter_crow and some of his Fundagelical buddies that have registered over their may become allies when it comes to some of postings of the liberals Shocked
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 09:38:10 PM by Oblio » Logged
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2003, 09:38:34 PM »

The scary part is that winter_crow and some of his Fundagelical buddies that have registered over their may become allies when it comes to some of postings the liberals Shocked  

Ooh! That is scary! Shocked

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Catholicious

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2003, 02:18:32 PM »

Yes anastasios, I know that site well, I am sorta a veteran over there with some 180 posts, many recently have
been deleted though.  Both Buzzard and I are registered over there and we were often at odds with each other
but the moderators never let the discussion run too long.  It appears that they like the anti-Catholic posts but no
rebuttals to them as to present the picture that there is no defense to their claims.  It is absurd.   Huh

They even deleted my recent post about masterbation being a mortal sin!  There is a very different mindset over
there, everything is self-fullfilling.

helpforhomeschoolers over there called me satan!  Shocked  Incredible ...

Matthew 5:11 (KJV)
5  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

John Henry Cardinal Newman
"To go deep into history, is to cease to be Protestant
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2003, 07:20:03 PM »

Catholicious -

Congratulations! You have been persecuted and reviled on at least two Protestant web sites.

That must mean that you really are all right! Grin

I really like your signature. Excellent choices of quotes.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Catholicious

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 09:49:26 AM »

Linus7,

You were the one who truly carried the cross for universal Christianity over there at CBBS against the likes of
berean53 and many others, I am sure you were enemy #1 over there.  You exposed their arguments and
attacks for what they were, infantile.   Grin

Thanks for the props on my signature!

5  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Catholicious

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2003, 10:39:47 AM »

Catholicious -

Congratulations! You have been persecuted and reviled on at least two Protestant web sites.

Well Linus7, it is official, I have been kicked off of theCBBS bulletin board.  They posted "The Catholic Church and
the one-world religious system" and they proceeded to attack the Church so I defended with charity but then
one of the moderators (as usual) diverged from the discussion at hand and grabbed the closest anti-Catholic tract
at hand and posted it so I called them on it and asked them how they felt about Patty Patrick Bonds, sister of
well-known anti-Catholic apologist James White, converting from fundamentalism to Catholicism?

Do you think that is what did it???  Grin

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2003, 07:18:29 PM »

Catholicious -

Well Linus7, it is official, I have been kicked off of theCBBS bulletin board.  They posted "The Catholic Church and
the one-world religious system" and they proceeded to attack the Church so I defended with charity but then
one of the moderators (as usual) diverged from the discussion at hand and grabbed the closest anti-Catholic tract
at hand and posted it so I called them on it and asked them how they felt about Patty Patrick Bonds, sister of
well-known anti-Catholic apologist James White, converting from fundamentalism to Catholicism?

Do you think that is what did it???  Grin

That was probably the last straw for them.

I am always amazed at the Fundamentalist fascination with the Roman Catholic Church. They cannot stop thinking about it. The RCC is their ultimate bogey man.

I wonder why.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2003, 07:35:42 PM »

I am always amazed at the Fundamentalist fascination with the Roman Catholic Church. They cannot stop thinking about it. The RCC is their ultimate bogey man.

Have you ever listened to Search the Scriptures Daily radio show by Dave Hunt.  It is a piece of work !
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2003, 07:42:43 PM »

Nope, I have never heard Dave Hunt's radio show. It would be interesting, although I think I can imagine what it would sound like pretty well.

For a guy who was born and raised in the Plymouth Brethren sect, Hunt sure spends a lot of energy worrying about the Pope!

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2003, 07:49:51 PM »

You know it just occurred to me: bad-mouthing the RCC is for certain Protestant sects like the beard is for us male Orthodox Christians - a badge of identity.

In order to be really Protestant, one has to call the Pope "Antichrist" and the RCC "the whore of Babylon" at least once. It's like a rite of passage, a way of identifying with Luther, Calvin, Knox, et al.

Those Fundies least secure in their identities (like converts from RCism, for example) must repeat the sacred mantra constantly.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2003, 01:08:23 AM »

Oh what fun! Smiley

Can anyone play the Protestant bashing game?
Or is this strictly an Orthodox sport? Smiley

You are all welcome to join in the discussions at:
www.christianforums.com

We even have a nice board there just for you!
http://www.christianforums.com/forums/145.html
See ya there!

In Christian Protestant love,

Auntie.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2003, 10:08:54 AM »

Oh what fun! Smiley

www.christianforums.com

See ya there!

Auntie.

Hi Auntie,

I am aware of the forum--I signed up--until I realized that one of the rules is that "Orthodox cannot say that their Church is the One, True Church." Unfortunately, that is a central doctrine of the Orthodox Church, so I cannot post on that forum in good conscience, as it violates the Orthodox faith, but to post would be against the rules of that board.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2003, 10:38:27 AM »

Auntie -

How is mentioning that Fundamentalists and Evangelicals regularly call the Pope "the Antichrist" and the RCC "the Whore of Babylon" Protestant bashing?

We would be bashing Protestants if we referred to their leaders as antichrists and their churches as whores, but we have not done that, have we?

We have simply offered a honest statement of what many Protestants themselves say.

Do you deny that Protestants say these things about the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church?

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2003, 08:04:21 PM »

Oh what fun! Smiley

www.christianforums.com

See ya there!

Auntie.

Hi Auntie,

I am aware of the forum--I signed up--until I realized that one of the rules is that "Orthodox cannot say that their Church is the One, True Church." Unfortunately, that is a central doctrine of the Orthodox Church, so I cannot post on that forum in good conscience, as it violates the Orthodox faith, but to post would be against the rules of that board.

anastasios

Hi anastasios! Smiley  Yes, I saw you there at CF! Smiley  That's where I got your website address.  Hey, don't give up too quickly on CF.  Are you sure about that rule at CF?  Coz, hey, the Catholics are always saying they are "THE CHURCH", and they don't get in any trouble for it, that I am aware of.  Ask a mod about it, Woseley would be a good mod to ask.  Or KC.  They are both Senior admin's and also Catholic, and nice people too. Smiley
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2003, 08:16:39 PM »

Ask a mod about it, Woseley would be a good mod to ask.

Wols is good people, he contributes over at The Pizza Parlor, he even helps out his Orthodox buddies in 'splainin Apostolic  Christianity when they are busy postin' over here  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 08:18:01 PM by Oblio » Logged
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2003, 08:18:50 PM »

anastasios,

I went back and read the rules of the Orthodox forum at CF, and I couldn't find any reference to not being able to profess your belief that the Orthodox is the One True Church.  Where did you see that statement, coz I couldn't find it? Huh

Auntie.

Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2003, 08:31:37 PM »

Wols is good people, he contributes over at The Pizza Parlor, he even helps out his Orthodox buddies in 'splainin Apostolic  Christianity when they are busy postin' over here  Smiley

I agree, Wols is good people, and smart too!  Yes, we have some good CF members that came from the Pizza Parlor, I think Wols invited them over. Smiley

God bless and seeya! :waves bye :

Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2003, 09:19:27 PM »

anastasios,

I went back and read the rules of the Orthodox forum at CF, and I couldn't find any reference to not being able to profess your belief that the Orthodox is the One True Church.  Where did you see that statement, coz I couldn't find it? Huh

Auntie.

Not allowed: "The Orthodox/ Coptic Church is the only true Christian Church"
Allowed: "The Orthodox/ Coptic Church has an important role to play in Christianity" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

From Eastern Orthodox & Coptic Faith Rules
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 09:20:54 PM by Oblio » Logged
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2003, 09:28:07 PM »

I also find this rule in the OC/OO forum puzzling  Huh

This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

The Orthodox Church I attend is open to all inquirers, why not a message board ??

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2003, 09:43:55 PM »

Auntie,

You seem to be a very nice person and I will probably stick my head in the other forum from time to time.  You are of course welcome to post here as well.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2003, 03:25:22 AM »

Not allowed: "The Orthodox/ Coptic Church is the only true Christian Church"
Allowed: "The Orthodox/ Coptic Church has an important role to play in Christianity" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

From Eastern Orthodox & Coptic Faith Rules

Thanks, Oblio, wow--I missed seeing that rule!  I think the purpose of the rule is to keep peace within the forum.  I found a similar rule in the RCC forum, and in the Interdenominational Doctrinal Debate forum.  Basically, I think it's to keep the peace, and to encourage meaningful debate.  Otherwise, all debates would end up with each side claiming to have "the truth", because they are "the true" church.  So even if you ARE the "true" church, stating that stifles debate, if you are debating with people from many different faiths/churches.

Kind of like, if I were to debate a subject here, you can always *trump* me with "We are the true church, and therefore we are the holders of all truth, and therefore your opinion, Auntie, doesn't mean anything".  Well, see, that ends the debate. Smiley

I also find this rule in the OC/OO forum puzzling  

Quote:
This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

That's because we have a LOT of forums that are open to non-Christians(atheists, pagans).  So Erwin set aside a few forums just for Christians, so we could have debates without an atheist coming in there to basically cause trouble.  Christians could be discussing the Trinity, and an atheist could get everyone sidetracked on the existence of God, or something similar to that.Smiley
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2003, 03:31:24 AM »

Auntie,

You seem to be a very nice person and I will probably stick my head in the other forum from time to time.  You are of course welcome to post here as well.

anastasios

Thanks anastasios, you guys seem nice too. Smiley  And you have a great forum!  Congratulations!

Auntie.
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2003, 07:17:50 AM »

That's because we have a LOT of forums that are open to non-Christians(atheists, pagans).  So Erwin set aside a few forums just for Christians, so we could have debates without an atheist coming in there to basically cause trouble.  Christians could be discussing the Trinity, and an atheist could get everyone sidetracked on the existence of God, or something similar to that.Smiley

I've found (as a user and moderator) that usually the community self polices the conversation back to the OP.  In extreme cases, a moderator needs to nudge the conversation back on track.  At any rate, (IMO of course), we need to be able to share Orthodoxy with the lost pagans and atheists, as well as with seekers from other Christian faiths.
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2003, 07:33:35 AM »

I should add that I do think it is great that CF does have a Orthodox forum.  Tis a far cry from TBTSNBN  which heaped on abuse, censorship, and outright bannings of members who simply believed differently from them.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

Since CF actually has an Orthodox forum, I may go over there, register, and actually post. Sure beats "Calvin's Geneva.com" (CBBS)!

Welcome, Auntie!

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2003, 03:03:17 PM »

Since CF actually has an Orthodox forum, I may go over there, register, and actually post. Sure beats "Calvin's Geneva.com" (CBBS)!

Welcome, Auntie!

Thanks for the welcome Linus7! Smiley

CF has a lot of Catholic & Protestant members, but not too many Orthodox members. Sad   So I think it would be nice if you posted there, especially because the Orthodox view is not stated very often in the Interdenominational Debate Forum.  Let your voice be heard! Smiley
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2003, 03:19:01 PM »

At any rate, (IMO of course), we need to be able to share Orthodoxy with the lost pagans and atheists, as well as with seekers from other Christian faiths.

Erwin has been making a lot of changes to the rules lately, so much so that I've lost track of things! Smiley  But yes, I do understand what you are saying.  As a Christian, you are free to post wherever you want.  So you can share your faith in most all of the forums.  Apologetics Forum is where most of the atheists hang out, but it is a ruff place; I hardly ever post there!  There is a new forum: Liberal vs Conservative Doctrine.  That might be an interesting place to read, and it looks like a busy place.
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2003, 03:47:58 PM »

First off ...

I forgot to say welcome to OC.net ! Grin , I hope you find it the blessing that I have.

So you can share your faith in most all of the forums

Forgive me for asking (I'm still smarting from cyber-confessing at CBBS), but is this true ?  Or would we be censored as we were at CBBS if we tried to share Orthodox beliefs outside our forum.  And even if so, I would think (IMHO of course) that a honest non-Christian seeker should be able to ask questions in the Orthodox forum.
Orthodox servant86

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2003, 04:30:48 PM »

Hello everyone, peace be with you, Christ is Risen!

I would just like to say that these forae at www.christianforums.com are most splendid, especially in regards to allowing us Orthodox our own board and the ability to post our own opinions. As such, I had noticed in the registration that I would not be able to join because I have an e-mail address that is free (from hotmail) therefore I would not be able to register.

As such, I humbly beseech your assistance in doing me this small favor... sending, as protocol requires, a private message to the moderator of the forae in order to accept my e-mail address. Send me a private message asking for my address, if you will, as I am not confortable with showing it for all eyes to see  Shocked  Wink

Here follows are the exact words regarding registration:

Welcome to the Christian Forums! Registration and membership to Christian Forums is free! You need to be a member to post messages and participate in our community.

The only required information that we need from you is an email address.
All other information is optional.

You must use a valid email address, and it must not be an email address from a free email provider like Hotmail. This is because of abuse of our system in the past with users using free email accounts - we apologize for the inconvenience. The only way you can use a free email provider is if you verify your identity with us by getting a current member of good standing to recommend you. Otherwise, sign up with a valid non-free email address.

We will send you a confirmation email with instructions to complete your registration after this. Your email address will always be hidden from other members. We will not send you any unwanted email. You can set your email options in your profile to choose not to receive any email from the site at all.

Please be aware that although the administrators and moderators of Christian Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages as they are posted in real-time. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of Christian Forums will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button at the end of the page, you warrant that you have reviewed the Christian Forum Rules and agree to abide by them at all times. By pressing the Agree button you also declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please get your parents to contact the administrator by clicking here, and we will arrange your registration.

Thank you for signing up with Christian Forums. We are a non-denominational, non-profit Christian website established as a free service for Christians. We are sure you will be blessed and hope that you will be a blessing to others. May God bless you and your family!

Thank you for all of your assistance, peace be with you,
Christ is risen!

-Justin
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2003, 02:00:29 AM »

Hello everyone, peace be with you, Christ is Risen!

As such, I humbly beseech your assistance in doing me this small favor... sending, as protocol requires, a private message to the moderator of the forae in order to accept my e-mail address.

Thank you for all of your assistance, peace be with you,
Christ is risen!

-Justin

Hi Justin, so nice to meet you!  I'll do what I can to help you get registered, and I'll write back to you later!

Btw, I love your writing style, so eloquent! Smiley

God bless!

Auntie.
Auntie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2003, 02:52:52 AM »

First off ...

I forgot to say welcome to OC.net ! Grin , I hope you find it the blessing that I have.

Thanks, Oblio, you guys are so nice!  I haven't had a chance to check out the other threads here, but I will when time permits. Smiley

So you can share your faith in most all of the forums

Forgive me for asking (I'm still smarting from cyber-confessing at CBBS), but is this true ?  Or would we be censored as we were at CBBS if we tried to share Orthodox beliefs outside our forum.

You have to be careful when posting in the group of forums called "Congregation".  Congregation is made up of:
1-Non-Denominational/ Reformed/ Protestant Room
2-One Bread, One Body - Catholic Discussions
3-Eastern Orthodox & Coptic Christianity
4-Messianic Judaism
5-Interdenominational Doctrinal Debate

"One Bread, One Body Forum", that forum belongs to the Roman Catholics.  Basically, you or I can post there and ask any question about the RCC, with respect of course.  But we aren't allowed to debate with them *in their forum*.  And, you couldn't post anything that "promoted" Orthodoxy, but again, that's only when posting in the OBOB forum.

The rules are the same for the Orthodox Forum.  For example, I am free to post questions to you in the Orthodox Forum, but I can NOT promote Protestantism in your forum, and I can't debate with you in your forum.  But Orthodox members are free to debate each other in the Orthodox Forum, as are Catholics free to debate each other in their forum, ditto the Protestants in the Reformed Forum.

This sounds so complicated! Grin  But it's really not.  Everything is designed to give everyone their own "safe place", where you can post without any worries, and other people can come in and ask you polite questions about your Church.  And then the Interdenominational Debate Forum is where RCC, Protestants, Orthodox, and Messianic Jews are all allowed to freely debate each other.

I would suggest reading the rules that pertain to a particular forum before posting there.  Also, there are general rules that apply to all the forums, so you should read those too.  It's all fairly easy, and no one is banned unless they are constantly breaking rules.  I think you get 7 warnings before getting banned, but banning is mostly for trolls and obvious troublemakers.  You would get a LOT of warning before you ever got banned.  Basically, don't worry about getting banned. Smiley

And even if so, I would think (IMHO of course) that a honest non-Christian seeker should be able to ask questions in the Orthodox forum.

You know, I think you have a valid point there. Smiley  I'll bring it up with Erwin.  Who knows?.....He might change the rule IF he knew that the Orthodox members wanted non-Christians posting in their forum!  But you must understand, we have as many as 15-20 atheists at CF, and they would "storm" your forum if they were allowed to post there.  But again, if they were only allowed to ask questions, and not debate, I can see where it could be a good thing!

Sorry for such a long post!! Smiley

God bless!

Auntie.
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2003, 01:59:11 PM »

Someone over at Cross and flame forum is asking about Eastern Orthodoxy's views on sex over there.

http://www.crossandflame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1875

Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2003, 04:42:58 PM »

I used what is probably my only post over there to basically tell them that are inncorect in their views of what Orthodox believe.

Much of the thread is the pagan influence screed which is becoming more annoying each day  Angry

From the link...

Further, the early Christian overwhelming focus on sin and perfection led to a very negative understanding of women (due to a focus on Eve as the source of sinfulness in the world) and thus sex by extension.

Protestantism, especially more modern-day Protestantism, removed from the influences (Paganism, asceticism and others) that led to that kind of thinking regarding sex, rejected the notions and re-affirmed the more Jewish understanding of sex.

Popup gophers agin' :sigh:
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: