OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 03:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minorities Living Tormented Days Under Sectarian Violence  (Read 909 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« on: January 04, 2007, 11:26:47 AM »

Minorities living tormented days under sectarian violence

"An official from the UN refugee agency (UNHCR), speaking on condition of anonymity, told IRIN that minorities in Iraq make up four percent of the country's total population. However, they make up about 30 percent of Iraqi refugees, whose total number is thought to be 1.8 million..."

"According to Iraq's last census in 1987 there were 1.4 million Christians in Iraq at that time. But, the Ministry of Migration and Displacement has said that nearly half of that population has fled Iraq since 2003..."

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

"According to Iraq's last census in 1987 there were 1.4 million Christians in Iraq at that time. But, the Ministry of Migration and Displacement has said that nearly half of that population has fled Iraq since 2003..."
The same thing that happened in Kosovo. I wonder if there is a common denominator........

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:13:21 PM »

Hey, let's not make this yet another thread that has to be moved to politics Wink

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Tags: persecution Robert is so friggin cool Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: