Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 1341 times)

Offline lubeltri

• Latin Catholic layman
  • Protokentarchos
We're back!
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:50:45 AM »
Phew, I'm SO relieved old OC.net is back. I've been posting on a Protestant forum, filled mostly with hardcore Reformed Baptists, in the interrim. I'm worn out. I'm glad to be back in Babylon with my fellow Mary-worshipping cannibalistic pagans!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:45:43 AM by Robert »

Offline Robert

• "Amazing"
  • Archon
Re: We're back!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:52:41 AM »
Gotta tag this thread man with all those fun-loving adjectives. :)

Offline Marat

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:10:22 AM »
Lubeltri

Were you on the Baptist board where they don't allow Catholics? I can't remember which board it is. I was just wondering if you were doing some undercover work. :)

Offline dantxny

• OC.net Mineshaft gap
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:19:05 AM »
Pshaw- We're totally different Mary worshiping blokes.  We refuse to do it on plaster, but only in woods.  Wood idols, now there's another tag.
"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 02:30:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm very glad ocnet is back as well. How am I supposed to surivive my insomnia without a touchstone that I can constantly refresh every 10 minutes, hoping beyond hope for a new post, to make the night not feel so long? Well, I guess there are other ways, but still...!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:30:53 AM by Asteriktos »
We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »
I'd love to add a tag for "wood idols", but it seems like I don't have the proper permissions...
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:52:36 AM »
Avatars and tags! Woohoo! Great job, Robert!

+FrChris
Local Birmingham guru of cannibalistic two dimensional wooden Mary-worshipping crypto pagans
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:22:17 PM »
Phew, I'm SO relieved old OC.net is back. I've been posting on a Protestant forum, filled mostly with hardcore Reformed Baptists, in the interrim. I'm worn out. I'm glad to be back in Babylon with my fellow Mary-worshipping cannibalistic pagans!

lol...if you don't mind, I'd like to quote this some day... ;D
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.