Author Topic: Text of "Oh Invariable light" (Свет неизменный Слове)  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Mexican

• Elder
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate
Could you please help me and post the text of "Свет неизменный Слове" (Oh Invariable Light)?

I found a very beautiful male-choir version by Trubiachov and I wanted to know the text in Slavonic, so I could make an arrangement.

I think it's sung in Christmas!

Thanks very much
El Señor es tu sombra a tu mano derecha." De día no te molestará el sol, ni de noche la luna. El Señor te guardará de todo mal; guardará tu alma;" guardará tus salidas y tus entradas desde ahora y por siempre. (Salmo 120)

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
Is this selection 'Phos Ilaron', aka 'O Gladsome Light'? Is your selection sung in Vespers, or at other times also?
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Mexican

• Elder
Dear Father:

No, it's actualy a setting of the Christmas Service (most likely but not sure).

"Oh Glandsome Light" in Slavonic is "Svete Tikhi" while this one is translated as "Invariable Light" or "Svet neizmennyi slove".

You can find the sung file here:

http://en.liturgy.ru/mp3/96/lad07.mp3

God bless you.
El Señor es tu sombra a tu mano derecha." De día no te molestará el sol, ni de noche la luna. El Señor te guardará de todo mal; guardará tu alma;" guardará tus salidas y tus entradas desde ahora y por siempre. (Salmo 120)

Offline Carpatho Russian

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
  • Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
Could you please help me and post the text of "Свет неизменный Слове"
Mexican,
After listening to the mp3 file, this is the Svetilen from the Feast of the Transfiguration.  Maybe someone who is more computer savvy than me can provide a link to church service texts in Slavonic.  If not, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send a PDF copy of the text from my Veliky Sbornik.  (My Church Slavonic is much better than my computer skills - try putting that on your resume'!  :D)
CR
Zastupnice christianov nepostydnaja, chodatajice ko Tvorcu nepreložnaja, ne prezri hr’išnych molenij hlasy, popredvari jako blahaja na pomošč nas, virno vopijuščich ti: Uskori na molitvu, i potščisja na umolenije, zastupajušči prisno Bohorodice, čtuščich t’a.

Offline Mexican

• Elder
Yes!

That is, Exapostilarion of the Transfiguration of the Lord:

"Thou, unaltered Light from the Light of the unbegotten Father
we have seen the Father as Light and the Spirit as Light,
guiding with light the whole creation."

God Bless