OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 04:24:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Armenian tells his story of being kidnapped by Muslims  (Read 203 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: December 28, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »

Matteo Fagotto

The Australian – 28/12/13

“THEY held me captive for five days, without food nor water, constantly beating me. One day I heard them coming down the basement where I was held.  “Suddenly, I felt a cold blade under my neck and someone told me, ‘If you become a Muslim, we will not kill you.’ “

Sitting on an armchair in the living room of his new house in Erbil, the capital of the Iraqi Kurdistan region, 63-year-old Rostom Sefarian suddenly stops his account, clearly struggling to hold back the tears filling his eyes. After gulping heavily for a few moments, he composes himself and continues, holding the cross he kept throughout his captivity.

“Once, they took it and put it inside a bottle full of pee while I was watching. ‘Let this cross help you now,’ they said, laughing.”

Read the rest here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2013/12/a-persecuted-people-face-life-in-exile/

xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »

Matteo Fagotto

The Australian – 28/12/13

“THEY held me captive for five days, without food nor water, constantly beating me. One day I heard them coming down the basement where I was held.  “Suddenly, I felt a cold blade under my neck and someone told me, ‘If you become a Muslim, we will not kill you.’ “

Sitting on an armchair in the living room of his new house in Erbil, the capital of the Iraqi Kurdistan region, 63-year-old Rostom Sefarian suddenly stops his account, clearly struggling to hold back the tears filling his eyes. After gulping heavily for a few moments, he composes himself and continues, holding the cross he kept throughout his captivity.

“Once, they took it and put it inside a bottle full of pee while I was watching. ‘Let this cross help you now,’ they said, laughing.”

Read the rest here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2013/12/a-persecuted-people-face-life-in-exile/

I've heard stories like this. Coptic children are kidnapped, raped and forced to convert and marry their rapist. In Syria, the Syrian terrorists have infiltrated elementary schools trying to polarize Sunni students against minority students.

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Tags: Islam persecution 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: