OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 01:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Life Event  (Read 754 times) Average Rating: 0
calligraphqueen
Elder

Faith: GOA

« on: December 20, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »

Several months ago I mentioned to a friend that we had no Orthodox pro life presence here in our area.  We have little Orthodox presense anyway, but this friend is part of a new antiochian parish that has started.  I am so thrilled for this!
Anyway, she mentioned it to her priest's wife (matushka?) and we all got together and have invented a pro life rally.  It's to take place on January 21st.
We have a large baptist contingent here that travels to DC for the march for Life, and has their own home for unwed mothers and such.  but not all churches will get involved with the infamous Falwell and not all women's needs are met by the home (it's more for teens I believe)
Anyway, we are kicking this off ourselves and it seems to be moving ahead.  Please pray I can find funding for the pro life bracelets, as I really need to get them here NOW.
I already have so much else on my plate with Heather, but this is a welcome 'distraction' I think.  Pray that we can minister to women in our area and be a blessing. 
Rebecca
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:02:29 AM »

Rebecca,

You may wish to peruse this pamphlet on the antiochian website located at http://antiochian.org/assets/asset_manager/8b3ee458becce1a12bf775245312c70e.pdf
It describes the Treehouse program sponsored by the Orthodox churches in Witchita, Ks.
It is unique as it supplements the already existing shelters and maternity homes in the area by providing indepth support services after the women have their children. This is an arae often missing in most maternity homes and pregnancy outreach programs. Several years ago I saw a presentation of their mission and was quite impressed by it.

As a homeschooler, you may also be interested in the information posted  in the website at http://antiochian.org/sacred_gift that includes the January 21st Sacred Gift of Life Sunday with material geared to the teens in the Church teaching about Life. My  kids in their 20's have been most impressed by it and my daughter who recnetly lost her infant found great comfort in the teachings of the church about life and conception.

May you have a Blessed Feast!

In Christ,
Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
calligraphqueen
Elder

Faith: GOA

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »

Thank you so much for both of these links Thomas!

Tags: abortion 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: