OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 06:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox St. Augustine of Hippo Icon  (Read 3623 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« on: December 17, 2006, 12:38:53 AM »

Hi, everyone!

I think this is the best place to post this.  If anyone thinks it should go elsewhere, I'd appreciate if you moved it. Grin

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could acquire an Orthodox icon of St. Augustine of Hippo.  I've been all over the internet and to the usual sellers of replica icons to no avail and I really don't have the money to pay an iconographer to make one for me.  The only one I found was from come and see icons and I didn't go for it.  If anyone could give a heads up on this one, I'd appreciate it.  However, I do not want this request to launch into a debate about Augustine's place in the Church--good or bad.   Angry

Thanks. Cheesy

Scamandrius

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:18:30 AM »

Well, I found this online. If you wanted to make one here is an image. It does not have an iconographer attributed nor specified, so-

Blessings,
Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:40:59 AM »

This site appears to sell a 'custom icon' of him.  I hope this helps.  It tells you how to figure out the size and the price though the one link.

http://www.skete.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=390

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Cyril of New York

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GO Archdiocese

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 09:43:14 AM »

You might want to log onto the website of the Holy Transfiguration monastery in Massachusetts, thehtm.org. They have a beautiful selection of icons including many pre-schism western saints.
Tags: St. Augustine icons 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: