OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 09:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoe Ministries and the American "Prophet" Bernard Jordan  (Read 3462 times) Average Rating: 0
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« on: December 14, 2006, 06:03:43 AM »

This has got to be one of the strangest religious movements of recent memory:

http://www.zoeministries.com/

Bishop E. Bernard Jordan is nothing less than a modern-day prophet. In 1989 he predicted Hurrican Katrina, which had a devastating effect on the people of New Orleans. Sought after by nations of the world for his accurate prophecies, Jordan has prophesied the world of the Lord to literally millions of people. He is the founder of Zoe Ministries in New York City, a prophetic gathering with a vision to impact the globe with Christ's message of liberation. He has been on NBC's Today Show, FOX 5, Good Day New York, CNN, and many others.
BIshop Jordan hold his doctorate in religious studies. He has self-published several best-selling books.
http://www.amazon.com/Laws-Thinking-Secrets-Manifest-Prosperity/dp/1401917968/sr=1-1/qid=1166090594/ref=sr_1_1/002-7713878-1700822?ie=UTF8&s=books

OK - normally, I'm skeptical of the religious media "watchdogs" that perform the service of self appointed "theology cop" to the Christian world. HOWEVER - let's talk about "Master Prophet" Bernard Jordan for a minute. What is a "Master Prophet" anyway? Is that like a "Master Plumber?" I don't really find that designation in the Bible...

Anyway - I started watching him on BET early in the morning when I'm working out, and let me tell you - you can just get lost in his website. You can order a personal prophecy, be part of the "prophecology" event (whatever that is), pay $1199 for a year of prophetic teachings, or for only $3,000 become part of the prophetic "inner circle."

I mean let's face it- this guy has endorsements from Al Sharpton, Russel Simmons, and even Rev. Ike.
http://www.philcooke.com/bernard_jordan

This is an actual email from Bernard Jordan:

Dear Robert,

First, forget everything negative and bad you’ve heard about the number 666. In fact, the exact opposite is true; the number 666 is considered mystical and holy. It is the number of God. It is the number of “protection and creation”.

Don’t let 06/06/06 frighten you!
I can show you how to turn the mark of beast
into the Mark of Increase!

Robert, on Tuesday, June 6th at 7:00pm I will be in my church preaching, praying, prophesying and releasing the power of blessings. If you want protection and the secret of creating, join me this Tuesday during the live streaming broadcast of this special service. The Spirit gave me a sacred Prayer of Protection and Manifestation that will cause a gigantic wave of divinely ordained abundance.

Deliverance is coming! Satan is a Liar!

Through an accurate word of prophecy, I will reveal how to turn the mark of the beast into the mark of wealth and prosperity and how to turn darkness into light and deliverance from harm. In the 10 seconds it took you to read this far, the Spirit just showed me that you can have the same mystical power for yourself. The curse is broken and a new day of miracles is ready to unfold for you.

Robert, I will be performing the prayer of intervention on your behalf for the next 24 hours. Sow your seed donation into the church ministry within the next 6 hours, 6 minutes and 6 seconds and join me at www.bishopjordan.com on Tuesday, June 6th, 2006 at 7:00pm!

I just had to stop and anoint my hands and mouth with Holy Anointing Oil, the same oil I will send you along with your very own DVD of the protection and blessings service. You will also hear the “Prayer of Manifestation” spoken over you. Don’t let the fear of 06/06/06 scare your blessings away.

Robert, time is short, so call 1-212-220-8668 ext. 5050 or click one of the links below and sow your seed donation by credit card:
Sow a seed of $666

Sow a seed of $166

Sow a seed of $106
http://www.forgottenword.org/jordan3.html

Bernard Jordan: Does a Prophet Grow in Brooklyn?
By William M. Alnor
http://cultlink.com/sentinel/jordan.html

The prophet of profit sows the seeds of wealth
Times Herald-Record/September 14, 2003
By Chris McKenna
http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general592.html

"Bishop" Bernard Jordan

"Bishop" Jordan trying to look Orthodox?

Joseph Simmons (left)

Joseph Simmons, of the legendary hip-hop group Run-DMC, has been ordained a "priest" by Zoe Ministries, and his brother, Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam Records, appears on an infomercial promoting "Bishop" Bernard Jordan's psychic abilities.
"Bishop" Jordan is becoming a very wealthy man, due to his followers' belief that he is a modern-day prophet and the true descendent of St. Peter. Not even Snoop Dogg would sink this low to make a dollar.

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:29:50 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:55:58 AM »

I think I've seen that dude on TV early in the morning. He's sort of funny. Seems like a well-to-do guy who saw an opportunity to exploit people because he was intelligent and articulate. I have to say though, no one has come along yet that is as funny as the guy that was on TV about 10 years ago, who was head of the Yahweh ben Yahweh thing.

Lt. Ray Makonnen: "You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."

Capt. Frank Chapman: "You're some guy, Makonnen."
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 08:18:31 AM »

What bewilders me the most is why Run would be connected with this "prophet." If he's smart enough to "rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time," wouldn't he see through this guy?

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:28:33 AM »

Disregard the previous message that was here.  On with our friendly exploration of the Zoe ministries!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:34:09 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:03:49 AM »

A note: while bishops of churches are generally considered to be public figures, it would be good if we do not make fun of this man or insult him for both reasons of Christian propriety and legal reasons.  Critical discussion of this man's vagante Church is fine--let's just keep it professional.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »

Bernard Jordan started his own church and proclaimed himself a bishop. This is reminiscent of Jim Jones and the People's Temple, though not nearly as extreme. Starting your church as a front to have tax exempt status, and then charging large sums of money for almost anything possible is the basis for quite questionable episcopal status.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:51:39 PM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: