OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 04:31:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodoxiya Radio  (Read 1495 times) Average Rating: 0
SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« on: December 09, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »

Some of you may know of the new online Arabic Orthodox radio station www.orthodoxiya.org.

I thought this was pretty cool, and it worked the first time I tried it.  But everytime I try to open the radio station again, I get an error message stating:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported.  In the Open URL dialog, try opening the file using a different transfer protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:")

Anyway, I know next to nothing about this sort of thing.  Has anyone else had this problem?  How can I fix this?

In Christ,

Michael

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:51:09 AM »

I believe you encounter an error when you try to access the station when it is off the air.  It broadcasts 12 hours each day from 1:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. G.M.T.

Try again during those hours.

However, my error message in such a case is different than yours:

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

Otherwise, make sure you submitted the correct U.R.L., which in this case begins with mms://

mms://wm9.spacialnet.com/orthodoxiya
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 12:56:31 AM by SamB » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: