OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 04:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 968 times) Average Rating: 0
GC_Samaras

« on: December 09, 2006, 01:16:31 PM »

Greetings from Toronto, Canada my fellow Christians! My name is George Samaras and I finally found an online Orthodox Christian community that is active. I am interested in Orthodox Christianity as I was born and raised in the Greek Orthodox Church. Despite my recent absence from Church, I try to follow the faith as best as I can. I have recently been conducting more in-depth reading about Orthodox Christianity on Wikipedia so I could get a broader view of the faith as opposed to the more general views instilled in me from my Church and my family. Anyways, I will do my best to be online and post but I am a student so school is always calling. I look forward to meeting you all, take care!

"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:05:52 PM »

Welcome to OC.net!  I hope you find the place inviting and challenging, keeping you on your toes and opening doors to greater understanding of your faith!

We'll accept you, despite your being a Canuck Wink

just kidding.

Welcome, and may the Lord work wonders for you and through you!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
GC_Samaras

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »

Thank you for the welcoming, I hope to achieve a greater understanding of my faith while I am here. Now, time to check out the rest of the boards and see what interests me. Wink

"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford.
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »

Hello George!  It is great to see you posting here!  I hope that you find an entertaining and informtive community here!  May God bless you on your research! Smiley

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 09:01:40 PM »

Yet another George! This augurs well:
"οπου Γεωρο και μαλαμα" (΅Wherever there is a George, there is gold")
Welcome!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:03:02 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:13:28 AM »

Welcome, George! In my opinion, this is the best English language Orthodox online community. This is a good place and you will enjoy here. Welcome!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: