Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 1034 times)

Offline GC_Samaras

Hello Everyone!
« on: December 09, 2006, 01:16:31 PM »
Greetings from Toronto, Canada my fellow Christians! My name is George Samaras and I finally found an online Orthodox Christian community that is active. I am interested in Orthodox Christianity as I was born and raised in the Greek Orthodox Church. Despite my recent absence from Church, I try to follow the faith as best as I can. I have recently been conducting more in-depth reading about Orthodox Christianity on Wikipedia so I could get a broader view of the faith as opposed to the more general views instilled in me from my Church and my family. Anyways, I will do my best to be online and post but I am a student so school is always calling. I look forward to meeting you all, take care!
"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:05:52 PM »
Welcome to OC.net!  I hope you find the place inviting and challenging, keeping you on your toes and opening doors to greater understanding of your faith!

We'll accept you, despite your being a Canuck ;)

just kidding.

Welcome, and may the Lord work wonders for you and through you!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline GC_Samaras

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »
Thank you for the welcoming, I hope to achieve a greater understanding of my faith while I am here. Now, time to check out the rest of the boards and see what interests me. ;)
"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford.

Offline dantxny

• OC.net Mineshaft gap
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »
Hello George!  It is great to see you posting here!  I hope that you find an entertaining and informtive community here!  May God bless you on your research! :)
"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 09:01:40 PM »
Yet another George! This augurs well:
"οπου Γεωρο και μαλαμα" (΅Wherever there is a George, there is gold")
Welcome!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:03:02 PM by ozgeorge »
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Starlight

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:13:28 AM »
Welcome, George! In my opinion, this is the best English language Orthodox online community. This is a good place and you will enjoy here. Welcome!