Author Topic: Vatican Dogma Chs 2 and 3 now up!  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Vatican Dogma Chs 2 and 3 now up!
« on: April 23, 2003, 12:30:56 AM »
Friends,

Vatican Dogma Chapter 2 and 3 is now up.  Only one more chapter to go!

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles/Bulgakov_VaticanDogmaCh2_3.htm

Please visit it!

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re:Vatican Dogma Chs 2 and 3 now up!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 10:20:43 AM »
I just got done with 1 yesterday, and already there's more  :disco:
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

James the Just

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 05:43:06 PM »
Being  "retired" or what I call self-employed, have had time to read all 3 chapters and agree with a statement made within them, a ecumenical council is above a pontiff, and it is the council that is infalliable (my opinion).I guess I'm ready to be excommunicated.

James
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 05:45:45 PM by Jacobus »

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 06:10:49 PM »
Found out that about 3 paragraphs didn't make it on Chapter 3.  I'll fix it when I put up chapter 4, though.

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

James the Just

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 07:14:09 PM »
I'm missing 3 paragraphs and chapter four, I'll stick with the Ecumenical Councils over the Pontiff.

James

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 01:26:09 PM »
I'm curious as to what others thought of the articles? I might post a few critical comments this weekend; suffice to say, for now, that I essentially agreed with his main points, but thought some of his arguments were... um... well I think they would have been best left out as they weaken the content of the text as a whole, and thereby weaken the strength of the other, more important, arguments.

EDIT--Actually, reading back over the text, I retract the above.  :- Sorry!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 07:32:59 PM by Paradosis »
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus