OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 01:39:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to research how microwaves cook humans!  (Read 849 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« on: December 08, 2006, 09:56:44 AM »

(Emphasis mine)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6161143.stm

'Microwave baby' mother charged

A US mother whose baby had injuries consistent with having been burned in a microwave oven has been indicted on murder charges in Ohio.

China Arnold, 26, was charged with aggravated murder on Thursday over the August 2005 death of her month-old baby, Paris Talley.

Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty if she is found guilty.

Ms Arnold's lawyer said his client maintained her innocence and that he was confident about the case.

"So long as we have a jury that will listen to facts and apply the law, China will be ok," John Paul Rion told reporters.

Internal burns

Montgomery County officials investigating the case said the baby had suffered high-heat internal burns but had no external marks.

"The Montgomery County coroner came to the conclusion that the injuries sustained by this baby could have only been caused by being placed into a microwave oven," prosecutor Mathias Heck was quoted by the Associated Press news agency as saying.

The night before the baby was taken to hospital, Ms Arnold and the child's father went out for a short time and left the child with a baby sitter, Mr Rion said.

The mother did not sense anything out of the ordinary until the next morning, when the child was found unconscious, Mr Rion added.

Police arrested Ms Arnold after she went to the hospital but released her while the investigation continued. She was re-arrested on 27 November, 2006.

Speaking at news conference last week, a Montgomery County coroner's office spokesman said the investigation had been complicated by the lack of research on the effect of microwaves on human beings.

=======================================================================================

We need to help the coroner's office!  Cook more people!

Honestly, what a sad day.  I hope the baby is enjoying the rewards of Paradise, and I hope the mother finds true contrition, repentance... and forgiveness.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:58:21 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:06:49 AM »

This story is such a tragedy, and no one sane can avoid feeling anger mixed with thier sorrow...

And, yes, this happened in that part of Ohio that I call home---I may as well 'fess up to it since people who know where I came from like to rib me on the bizarre events that seem to occur there regularly . With neighbors like this one, no wonder I still can't sell my house there...

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:13:59 AM »

Well, you do a good share of bringing the bizzare news up yourself....
I loved the regular news articles you would post on your door, highlighting the "unique" life in SW Ohio.

In all honesty, obviously this isn't indicative of the people where you are from, who are in large degree shocked and mortified that this happened.

I do have to laugh at the last statement of the article, though... If there is one thing that your articles had taught me, it was that the authorities in SW Ohio were always good for a ridiculous quote in each and every news article!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:37:08 PM »

That's the only news story to ever make me come close to throwing up. It is beyond my comprehension that someone could possibly do such a thing.

There are many foolish priests out there.
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 01:18:33 AM »

I just want to cry right now-

Lord have mercy on your children,
Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: