OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 06:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nonchal's Ecclesiatical Home  (Read 1849 times) Average Rating: 0
nonchal

« on: December 02, 2006, 02:36:31 AM »

I am a Sedevacantist Catholic at present. This means that I do not acknowledge the postVatII antipopes as real bishops. I regard JPII as an apostate. I also anathemize the Novus Ordo Supper Service. However, I do not fit in with the traditional RC crowd, as I have found some problems with historical RCism. I thought about the EO but I would rather not commune with unholiness. The biggest problem I have is with postCalcedonian scholastic Christo-logic a la JohnDamascene. So I might convert to the OO. Last week I watched a video of an OO teen group that participated in Protestant "charismatic" abominations. This was disheartening. I hope it was an isolated incident.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:35:26 AM by FrChris » Logged
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:01:47 AM »

I fear, Nonchal, that your search for the True Church will never come to completion, as long as there are other sects out there.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 01:29:30 PM »

I am a Sedevacantist Catholic at present. This means that I do not acknowledge the postVatII antipopes as real bishops. I regard JPII as an apostate. I also anathemize the Novus Ordo Supper Service. However, I do not fit in with the traditional RC crowd, as I have found some problems with historical RCism. I thought about the EO but I would rather not commune with unholiness. The biggest problem I have is with postCalcedonian scholastic Christo-logic a la JohnDamascene. So I might convert to the OO. Last week I watched a video of an OO teen group that participated in Protestant "charismatic" abominations. This was disheartening. I hope it was an isolated incident.

wow, so perhaps you're already a member of the http://www.truecatholic.org/ sect...I knew you'd be a good fit.

But essentially what you're telling us here is that, no, you're not a catholic, just a protestant who appreciates the Tridentine Mass. Got it.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:34:41 PM »

I thought about the EO but I would rather not commune with unholiness.

We have a serious unholiness problem at my parish.  So much so that a program of confession and absolution was instituted.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 01:05:03 AM »

I am curios. Do you at present consider yourself more of a Catholic Christian or an Oriental Orthodox Christian?
Many blessings in Christ.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 01:25:06 AM »

Please take other debate here and also watch it.  If I find it becomes too aggressive towards one poster or starts it involve Chacledon it will be moved or closed.  Use this as a topic to perhaps talk about sedevacantisim and similar issues.
Daniel
Orthodox-Catholic Moderator
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:28:03 AM by dantxny » Logged

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
nonchal

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 01:49:15 AM »

Interesting to see this thread pop up that I didnt start.

Papist,

I am a double papist. What unites the two churches is that both are against the EO communion, against the falsley so-called New Rome ie Constantinople, against its "Ecumenical Patriarch," and against the Eastern emperors. Right now I am sorting through postChalcedonianism. Until I come to an absolutely definite final conclusion I will remain a Coptic Catholic Sedevacantist. Then I will convert to the Coptic Orthodox Church under HisALLHolinessPopeShenoudaIII.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 02:19:46 AM »

I've been on Orthodox/Catholic boards for 5 years now, and that's the first time I've ever heard of a Coptic Catholic Sedevacantist!  Grin
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 03:34:53 AM »

Lol,
Have you ever heard of a Celtic Coptic Catholic Sedevacantist though?  At least one not incorperated. Wink

Right now I am sorting through postChalcedonianism. Until I come to an absolutely definite final conclusion I will remain a Coptic Catholic Sedevacantist. Then I will convert to the Coptic Orthodox Church under HisALLHolinessPopeShenoudaIII.
Perhaps, it was a psycological slip or unintentional, but by judging your last sentence you have already came to a conclusion.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 06:16:41 AM »

)
Perhaps, it was a psycological slip or unintentional, but by judging your last sentence you have already came to a conclusion.
Let's see. The Eastern Orthodox honorific for the Oecumenical Patriarch placed in front of the name of the Coptic Pope of Alexandria by a "Coptic  Catholic Sedevacantist" who supports SSPX......
I don't think I can see any "conclusion".

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 06:20:34 AM »

What unites the two churches is that both are against the EO communion, against the falsley so-called New Rome ie Constantinople, against its "Ecumenical Patriarch," and against the Eastern emperors.
Christ's followers are defined by whom they love, not by whom they hate (John 13:35).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:39:06 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 06:49:27 AM »

nonchal,

I don't think the term panagios is used in an Oriental Orthodox context to qualify anyone other than the Holy Trinity and the Theotokos. We have no concept of an "Ecumenical Patriarch"; the Patriarch of Alexandria is just a Bishop like any other Bishop, apart from the fact he is the Bishop of a See.

Furthermore, our Church is not against any Church, and has quite good relations with most Churches, particularly the RC and EO Churches, regardless of any disagreements on doctrinal or other issues.

If you do end up converting to the Coptic Orthodox Church, I hope you do so for the right reasons.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 04:09:22 PM »

EA,

Well said.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Simayan
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate - GOA

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »

What unites the two churches is that both are against the EO communion, against the falsley so-called New Rome ie Constantinople, against its "Ecumenical Patriarch," and against the Eastern emperors. Right now I am sorting through postChalcedonianism. Until I come to an absolutely definite final conclusion I will remain a Coptic Catholic Sedevacantist. Then I will convert to the Coptic Orthodox Church under HisALLHolinessPopeShenoudaIII.

The only reason you're doing this is out of a personal vendetta of some kind. Such hate doesn't pop up like this, unless you're secretly an immortal Egyptian priest who was at Chalcedon (I'm not bringing that topic up for discussion, mind you). You are not converting out of love, only to spite people like me who venerate the sainted emperors.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 07:17:08 PM »

What unites the two churches is that both are against the EO communion, against the falsley so-called New Rome ie Constantinople, against its "Ecumenical Patriarch," and against the Eastern emperors. .

Uh, Constantinople is New Rome as named in the canons of the councils, specifically the second one of Constantinople in 381 A.D. and accepted by BOTH east and west.  Do your homework! Angry

Scamandrius

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 07:49:08 PM »

What unites the two churches is that both are against the EO communion, against the falsley so-called New Rome ie Constantinople, against its "Ecumenical Patriarch," and against the Eastern emperors.

Well, let's see:

1. It was the Roman Empire,
2. The Emperor moved the Capital to Byzantium,
3. It was decided that since it was the captial of the Roman Empire it should be called Rome,
4. But there was already a Rome that had existed for quite some time,
5. Therefore they called it "New Rome."
So it wasn't "so-called" as if it were a fantasy... It really was New Rome - first in the Political sphere, then in the religious.

Ecumenical Patriarch is a pre-schism term.  Hate the emperors if you want - I don't care.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags: Coptic Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: