Author Topic: The schism of Syrian Orthodox Christians in India  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Matthew777

• Archon
  • Seek and ye shall find
The schism of Syrian Orthodox Christians in India
« on: December 02, 2006, 06:29:05 AM »
In the 20th century, the Syrian Orthodox Christians of India schismed into two opposing factions, one which claims autocephalous status, and the other which remains loyal to the Patriarch of Antioch. Between these two groups, which one is recognized by the Oriental Orthodox communion as the  legitimate Church of India? I belong to to the former, and consider our claim of autocephalous status to be valid. On the other hand, I am uncertain as to whether other Oriental Orthodox Churches would agree to that claim.

Peace.
He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline Matthew777

• Archon
  • Seek and ye shall find
Re: The schism of Syrian Orthodox Christians in India
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:50:02 AM »
He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
Re: The schism of Syrian Orthodox Christians in India
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 06:52:17 AM »
Yes, I would.
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus