OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 10:31:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apocalypto  (Read 703 times) Average Rating: 0
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« on: December 09, 2006, 02:36:25 AM »

Apocalypto, in theatres now

According to this libertarian review, it is more or less a manifesto against the State, laying bare before the audience its diabolical savagery and the extent of that wickedness that it is capable of realising.  (For all we know, it might also be a statement against paganism.) If we go by what he has written, we should expect this deed to be accomplished through a level of nerve-wracking violence and butchery that could well surpasse that in Gibson’s Passion, vivified by raw paganism (sans cookie-monster vocals) of the kind that goes beyond bashing open animals’ skulls and certainly is a universe’s breadth away from today’s trendy faux-paganism.

All I can say is that I am morbidly curious about the soundtrack; I can only wonder what slew of death metal bands (that film poster reminds me of their morbid CD-cover art) would have made it on the list of contributors were the director not apparently sticking to traditional music in the score.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:37:23 AM by SamB » Logged
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:41:11 PM »

I'm bumbing this thread up.  If anyone has gone ahead and seen it, I would appreciate knowing what they thought of it before I go myself to watch it.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: