OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 07:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3rd Anniversary - Repose of Our Brother, John Royce - "Hypo-Ortho"  (Read 2148 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« on: November 28, 2006, 08:55:20 AM »

A few days from now, on December 1, it will be the third anniversary of the repose of our friend and brother, John Royce (nee John Gregory Rojcewicz III), who posted here as "Hypo-Ortho" and at ByzCath as "Orthodox East". As old-timers will recollect, John had been ill briefly and passed peacefully to his eternal reward seated before his computer reading his beloved forums. He was 63 at the time. John fiercely loved his faith and Church and was always the gentleman.

O Lord, You took from this world the soul of our friend and brother Your servant John, leading him to rest in a place of light, happiness, and peace, where there is neither pain nor suffering, neither grief nor sighing. Allow our brother to intercede before Your Holy Throne for the union of Your Holy Churches and having forgiven him every sin he has committed by thought, or word, or deed, grant that his memory be eternal and blessed.

Prayers for John's wife - Christine, his children - Jonathan, Nicholas, Joanna, and Veronica, and his grandchildren, that their memories of him on this anniversary be happy ones, secure in the belief that he is with his God.

Memory eternal.

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »

Memory eternal; may the Lord have mercy on John and all of us!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:18:27 AM »

May John's Memory be eternal!

hard to believe it's been three years...John was a class act all the way, and I miss him.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »

Memory eternal my friend...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »

I still remember John with affection - he was always so kind and courteous to me.

Memory Eternal

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:23:34 PM »

I miss him too. Always kept me on my toes.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 12:31:59 AM »

I did not have an honor to interact with John because I came to the forum later. Nevertheless, I was highly impressed by all aspects of his posts. It was so obvious to see what a wonderful person John was.

Memory eternal! Lord, have mercy.
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:06:42 AM »

You know he's a great guy when folks who tend to lurk come out to wish him memory eternal...

Never knew him; he was before my time here.  Regardless, vyechnaya pamyatQue su memoria sea eterna.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 06:11:56 PM »

John Royce was always a gentleman. And he liked books.  I miss him. It was such a shock to find out about his death.

May he Rest in Peace.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

Eternal be his Memory!

Has it been three years already?  It seems like just months ago. I still go back occassionally to look for his words of wisdom.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 12:18:08 PM »

Memory Eternal-

Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
Tags: Hypo-Ortho 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: