OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 02:31:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vatican Dogma by Bulgakov  (Read 2364 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: April 22, 2003, 12:20:22 AM »

Friends,

The Vatican Dogma

This is the work titled The Vatican Dogma by Bulgakov.  This is a polemical tract written by the emminent ecumenist which is why I thought it interesting (sort of a paradox) although the introduction explains its intentions.  This is a polite but firm response to the Papal Infallibility doctrine.  I hope it will generate some discussion, both pro- and con-.  I am in the midst of putting the rest of the text up but wanted to give you all the opportunity to see it in its first steps.  Also be on the lookout for superfluous dashes in the text which might be indicative of an error in my automatic coding utility.

Sincerely in Christ,

anastasios

Edited Fr. A's post to update link.

-- Nebelpfade
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 05:22:52 PM by Nebelpfade » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »

Friends,

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles/Bulgakov_VaticanDogmaCh1.htm

This is the work titled The Vatican Dogma by Bulgakov.  This is a polemical tract written by the emminent ecumenist which is why I thought it interesting (sort of a paradox) although the introduction explains its intentions.  This is a polite but firm response to the Papal Infallibility doctrine.  I hope it will generate some discussion, both pro- and con-.  I am in the midst of putting the rest of the text up but wanted to give you all the opportunity to see it in its first steps.  Also be on the lookout for superfluous dashes in the text which might be indicative of an error in my automatic coding utility.

Sincerely in Christ,

anastasios
Is the document still available at the link?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 05:23:22 PM »

Is the document still available at the link?

I updated the original link. Smiley  All articles can be found here:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=14&Itemid=2
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 05:24:00 PM by Nebelpfade » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
ignatius
Baptacathadox
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic > Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

My Son Aidan... :-)

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Very interesting piece.

St Basil the Great (330-379 A.D.): “I think then that the one goal of all who are really and truly serving the Lord ought to be to bring back to union the churches who have at different times and in diverse manners divided from one another.”
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: