OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 12:43:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rapping bunny about EO Easter. Ugh.  (Read 2014 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: November 22, 2006, 12:51:45 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtG4aA95twE

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. yet I feel compelled to watch it again.

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 01:16:10 AM »

I'm with myrria; what did that have to do with EO Easter? Huh He just kept repeating "Eastern Orthodox Easter" with non-sequitor remarks about eggs and money and other random things that have nothing to do with EO Easter.

I might have appreciated the humour if the lyrics were even slightly witty, if his voice sounded half decent, and if his flow was actually on the beat.

On the subject of humurous religious rap, I have a file somewhere on my computer made by a group of three Coptic Orthodox youth from LA. It is a parody of the Kayne West "I ain't sayin' she a gold digger" song; it's titled "I ain't sayin' he a bad deacon". It's a witty "diss" of the older deacons who "hog the mic" from the younger ones during Liturgical service even when the younger ones are more capable and learned in Coptic chant than they. Maybe only a Copt would really see the humour in such a song, since such a thing happens quite alot--the "uncle" or the "older guy" gets ordained in his late years, and all of the sudden thinks he can run the show. I found it quite amusing; I might upload soon.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:16:54 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 01:21:20 AM »

I gouged my eyes out by the middle of his "rap".
Lord have mercy.

Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 02:26:23 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtG4aA95twE

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. yet I feel compelled to watch it again.

Retarded and I DON'T feel compelled to watch it again.  More importantly, who is that priest in those other Orthodox videos?  Is it a Diving Liturgy?
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 05:21:21 AM »

I can't even bring myself to say "good on him for having a go".......

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 06:25:16 AM »

And here it is ladies and gents...the same substantial patheticness yet executed with a little more skill: http://www19.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=4210

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 06:40:53 AM »

And here it is ladies and gents...the same substantial patheticness yet executed with a little more skill: http://www19.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=4210
I don't have the codecs required to play it.......that's probably just as well!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 07:10:08 AM »

I'll let any others who happen to listen to it do the job of trying to convince you that you're missing out...Undecided...Wink

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 10:34:52 AM »

Retarded and I DON'T feel compelled to watch it again.  More importantly, who is that priest in those other Orthodox videos?  Is it a Diving Liturgy?

I watched it again about 2 more times just to try and understand what could have possessed someone to do something that dumb AND uncreative!  I didn't find my answer... Anyway, I don't know who the priest is in the other ones. You could click on the profile of the video uploader and see if they have contact info available.

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »

+ Irini nem ehmot,

I actually have this at home as well (it's incredible how far these kind of things travel), and I must say, seeing it first hand, this song is hilarious and right on the money.

Please pray for me.

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
bripat22

Slava Tebie, Boze nas! Slava Tebie

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 01:24:51 AM »

we Orthodox don't do the Rabbit thing Smiley
 I'm sure this was some Antiochian convert!!! LOL
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 01:26:25 AM by bripat22 » Logged

For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like!-

Maggie Smith "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"
Zoe
Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 02:19:05 AM »

haha, the line about staying Coptic and the mosque was really good  Grin

NI!!!!!!
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΥΜΕΛΑ

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 04:45:04 AM »

Funniest thing I've seen in weeks. Still chuckling...

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 05:39:34 AM »

The videos that the author of the bunny video posted of the Divine Liturgy in Romanian are at Saint Spiridon OCA Cathedral in Seattle. The bishop is Bishop Ireneu of the Romanian episcopate of the OCA, the priests are Father Vadim and Father Michael of Saint Spiridon Cathedral, and Father Ioan of Three Hierarch's Mission(a Romanian-language OCA mission currently meeting at Saint Spiridon's on Sunday afternoons).

Unless you mean the videos of the priest talking...that's Elder Cleopa, who died in 1998.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 05:40:34 AM by zebu » Logged

Жизнь прожить не поле перейти
EricTheRed
aka Mercurius

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 07:23:20 AM »

Actually one of the comments on that youtube page scares me more than the vid

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 07:13:40 PM »

silly.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: