OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 01:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Semester Hurdles  (Read 1163 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: November 13, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »

I'm trying to overcome some rather major obstacles to a smooth completion of the current semester which, if not properly dealt with, could give rise to more substantial difficulties in the near future. Please pray that the Lord continue to manifest His never-ending Mercies in spite of my ever-growing laxity towards my studies.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:25:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Dear Lord, please help your servant Ekhristos Anesti and grant him success in all his plans and tasks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:27:18 PM by Starlight » Logged
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 08:53:52 PM »

Lord give Him Strength,
And give us all strength in our endeavours ahead, as well.

Blessings,
Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 01:18:48 AM »

Dear EA
You are a seminarian?

If so, I once went to a theological school (I was protestant then). Your laxity to your studies may be a good thing. Perhaps you are realizing that it's not all about the books and the debates. It still comes down to people's messy lives and seeking the Kingdom of God and working out our salvation on this very messy playing field. That's a good thing!

But, everyone has a job. I go to work every day, Mon - Fri and though some days I'd rather be somewhere else, I do my job. You're studies are your job. Though you may not be infatuated with them or idolize them as maybe you once did, you still have a responsibility to them.

NOW is s very good time to learn how to put in that honest effort even though you're not emotionally into what you are doing. If you are a theological student, this will take you VERY far in the priesthood or diaconate. If you are getting your MBA (or whatever) it will also take you very far in whatever vocation you choose.

Do your job (keep up with your studies). Pray. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

May the Lord show you His mercy and love.

P.S. if this is off mark or not at all helpful, I apologize in advance and please just hit your mental delete button!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:50:04 AM by BrotherAidan » Logged
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 06:49:01 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers, they have been heard and an umpteenth chance has been given.

Dear BA,

I am not a seminarian, but your advice is still quite useful and applicable, so thank you.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Gabriel
Agnostic Pessimist

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:15:43 AM »

I'm trying to overcome some rather major obstacles to a smooth completion of the current semester which, if not properly dealt with, could give rise to more substantial difficulties in the near future. Please pray that the Lord continue to manifest His never-ending Mercies in spite of my ever-growing laxity towards my studies.

Oh Triune God, have mercy on your servant Ekhristos Anesti, and grant him strength to overcome his academic difficulties, for we have no helper in hardships but You.

Kyrie Eleison.

My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning.
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 11:51:35 AM »

Lord have mercy, and guide your servant into Truth while he studies for and then undergoes his examinations.

Let us know how you do! I'm sure you'll do fine, EA!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: