OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 02:53:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NW/West Coast OC.net Gathering  (Read 2967 times) Average Rating: 0
authio
Elder

« on: November 09, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »

Good morning Orthodox of the West Coast!

Our dear moderator Anastasios has sanctioned our use of Board News to discuss a possible West Coast gathering in early 2007.  Does anyone have an interest?  Also, where is everybody - where should we hold it?

Reply back before Christmas Cool
-Authio

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:27:26 AM »

Good morning Orthodox of the West Coast!

Our dear moderator Anastasios has sanctioned our use of Board News to discuss a possible West Coast gathering in early 2007.  Does anyone have an interest?  Also, where is everybody - where should we hold it?

Reply back before Christmas Cool
-Authio

Well, San Francisco Bay Area of course....
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 04:46:23 AM »

Psh no...Seattle is where it's at...

Жизнь прожить не поле перейти
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 05:57:01 AM »

I've always wanted to see San Francisco. If you decide to to hold it in SF February/March, then I would love to join you!
I'll even wear flowers in my hair!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »

I've always wanted to see San Francisco. If you decide to to hold it in SF February/March, then I would love to join you!
I'll even wear flowers in my hair!

Tell you what....I might fly over for the get together, and especially so if Ozgeorge goes but he'll have to promise he won't be wearing flowers, or vegetables, or whatever... Cheesy

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
authio
Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 04:57:13 AM »

San Fran, eh?  Well, Zebu and I just might have to do a road trip.

But for the sake of discussion - any other gathering location ideas?

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
authio
Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 04:41:05 AM »

Any more West Coast Orthodox interested?

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 07:16:44 AM »

Any more West Coast Orthodox interested?

Come on guys! Don't tell me there are more Aussies on the Board than West Coast Americans!

As you can see, I'm all ready to come. Click the Hippie for more information.

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 12:02:03 AM »

Even though I'm living in Maryland now, if Ozgeorge goes I'll make every effort to be there...regardless of whether or not he's wearing flowers Wink It is San Fran after all...

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
authio
Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 03:31:26 AM »

Well, if GiC and ozgeorge and Father will come, then all I got to do is get Zebu to come!  Either spring break or after school ends in June.  After june is  better for me.  What do you guys think?

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 03:52:12 AM »

Oh I suppose I will go....I like the idea of having it in San Francisco, then we can see the relics of Saint John of San Francisco! Smiley

I don't have a preference between spring break and after school gets out in June, either one is fine.  Oh and just so everyone else knows what dates authiodionitist means when he says "spring break"- March 18th-25th.

FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »

I don't have a preference between spring break and after school gets out in June, either one is fine.  Oh and just so everyone else knows what dates authiodionitist means when he says "spring break"- March 18th-25th.

San Francisco is one of my favorite cities; I'd love to take Prebytera there! Also, there is a relic of St. Anne in Roseville---I think it's the only such one in North America, and is Presbytera's matron, so we'd always hoped to go there. I'm not quite sure of the distance between SF and Roseville, but getting there and back would be a great daytrip to see the countryside!

Just one problem though---

Surely you can't expect a priest in the GOA to be able to get away from his parish on Annunciation Day!

Don't let me affect the dates of the trip---that time of year is a bad one for me since the kids will all be in school, and the parish's Great Lent activities will be in full gear. Somehow I had thought the get together was going to be a bit sooner, which is why I indicated my hope to be there---please accept my apologies for my dunderheaded behavior.

You guys set the date, and I'll do my best to be there in consultation with my proistamenos... Smiley
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:11:12 AM by chris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 12:49:18 PM »

Oh I suppose I will go....I like the idea of having it in San Francisco, then we can see the relics of Saint John of San Francisco! Smiley
I'm usually there on Monday evenings for choir (the men's concert choir) - quite a priviledge

San Francisco is one of my favorite cities; I'd love to take Prebytera there! Also, there is a relic of St. Anne in Roseville---I think it's the only such one in North America, and is Presbytera's matron, so we'd always hoped to go there. I'm not quite sure of the distance between SF and Roseville, but getting there and back would be a great daytrip to see the countryside!
Yup...someone told me of the relic there.
SF to Roseville:  1.5 to 2+ hours depending on traffic, where in the City you are coming from, route, etc.  St. Anne's has a deacon from my parish.  He moved to that area due to lower COL a couple of years ago, so a GOA parish gets a great deacon (especially since it seems to me that they lack deacons more than other jurisdictions).  He has a large family that is very nice (if a bit too quiet). 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:49:47 PM by Elisha » Logged
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 07:25:20 PM »

I will do my best in order to be there!
authio
Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 12:32:46 AM »

So are we good for mid-late June?  I would like to beat the summer travel rush, but I have to get my BA this spring - can't skip out on that!

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 12:48:06 AM »

Well, I've always wanted to visit San Francisco, so if y'all get a gathering there, I may even fly out there myself. 

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 12:50:18 AM »

Mid June would be fine with me!

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 10:44:25 PM »

June/July/August is ski season here. But you guys go ahead with out me...<  :'( sniff  >

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: